• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Update: F.I.S.T. Forged In Shadow Torch releasing on Switch 12th of July in the West, 14th in Japan

curl-6

Chain Chomp
Ti Games' crossgen Metroidvania from last year is coming to Switch and will receive a physical release.

FIST-Forged-in-Shadow-Torch-rated-1-656x369.jpg

Whoa outta nowhere! How'd this not make it into the indie direct?

Edit: I think the answer to the direct question is that they didn't have a trailer ready, which is a shame from a PR perspective. Either way, I'm excited to play it some day.

Whoa outta nowhere! How'd this not make it into the indie direct?

Edit: I think the answer to the direct question is that they didn't have a trailer ready, which is a shame from a PR perspective. Either way, I'm excited to play it some day.

Actually, I think we knew this since a couple of weeks, thanks to some Install Base digging
But this is the official PR, so..Yay! Seems pretty interesting
Too bad in the PR I received there was no mention about a possible earlier digital release

Hope it's a great looking version (like Deadcraft or Zombie Army 4) but Indie ports of Unreal Engine 4 games have often looked worse than a sub native vita game.

Hope it's a great looking version (like Deadcraft or Zombie Army 4) but Indie ports of Unreal Engine 4 games have often looked worse than a sub native vita game.
There have been some good ports of non-AAA UE4 games too, like Claybook, Snake Pass, The Turing Test, Vampyr, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, etc.
But yeah, I definitely hope it's a good port too.

Any info on the perfomance?
No Digital Foundry or VG Tech analysis or anything as of yet, but from watching a ton of gameplay it seems to run okay.
The expected cuts have been made to stuff like textures and geometry, but framerate and resolution seem decent, which is pretty impressive for a port of a crossgen PS5/PS4 game.
I'm kinda hoping DF will cover it, as I enjoy their work.

No Digital Foundry or VG Tech analysis or anything as of yet, but from watching a ton of gameplay it seems to run okay.
The expected cuts have been made to stuff like textures and geometry, but framerate and resolution seem decent, which is pretty impressive for a port of a crossgen PS5/PS4 game.
Nice, enough for me to try it

One of the issues I have with the port is the loading time, especially for some tough bosses.

Back
Top Bottom