• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Unreleased Famicom port of Taito game “The Fairyland Story” found in random eBay lot

What a treasure.

It makes me wonder what crazy story that cartridge would tell if it could talk. I mean, it must have been quite a journey between being unreleased and ending up forgotten in the middle of an eBay lot.

What a treasure.

It makes me wonder what crazy story that cartridge would tell if it could talk. I mean, it must have been quite a journey between being unreleased and ending up forgotten in the middle of an eBay lot.

I think it's more likely that it was kept in a developer's storage closet for a long time before eventually trading hands once or twice before being sold online.

I wonder why it didn't make it to shelves? Feel like it would've done ok - it's a better game than 95% of the stuff that was released on the system at that time and consumers were buying pretty much everything in generous quantities. Is this one of those situations where Nintendo decided it would've eaten into Ice Climber/Mario Bros sales and arbitrarily decided not to let them release it?

I really hope they find the full version that was submitted to NoA someday

The past few years have been insane when it comes to unreleased/early builds, the fact that this can be added on top of that is just... You love seeing this!

Back
Top Bottom