• Hey Guest! As we are sure you are aware, Russia has invaded Ukraine. Check out our pinned thread in the Roost for resources on how to support Ukraine in their ongoing crisis. Let's show our solidarity with the Ukrainian people!

News Unreleased Famicom port of Taito game “The Fairyland Story” found in random eBay lot

Earthbounder

Boing!
Pronouns
He/Him
What a treasure.

It makes me wonder what crazy story that cartridge would tell if it could talk. I mean, it must have been quite a journey between being unreleased and ending up forgotten in the middle of an eBay lot.

GamerJM

Bob-omb
What a treasure.

It makes me wonder what crazy story that cartridge would tell if it could talk. I mean, it must have been quite a journey between being unreleased and ending up forgotten in the middle of an eBay lot.

I think it's more likely that it was kept in a developer's storage closet for a long time before eventually trading hands once or twice before being sold online.

beaglor

Rattata
Pronouns
He/Him
I wonder why it didn't make it to shelves? Feel like it would've done ok - it's a better game than 95% of the stuff that was released on the system at that time and consumers were buying pretty much everything in generous quantities. Is this one of those situations where Nintendo decided it would've eaten into Ice Climber/Mario Bros sales and arbitrarily decided not to let them release it?

Shadow

Openly likes cuddles
The past few years have been insane when it comes to unreleased/early builds, the fact that this can be added on top of that is just... You love seeing this!

Top Bottom