• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Sales Data UK Charts (Oct 17-23): Mario + Rabbids debuts at #3, 80% of P5R sales on Switch

Hero of Hyrule

Frieren the Slayer
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes, FIFA 23 still holds onto the top spot like a leech, but this week has seen two great openings for Nintendo. Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope comes straight out of the gates in at number three, proving itself to be a franchise which is ever-growing in popularity despite being a somewhat unusual pitch, and Persona 5 Royal lands the number six spot with an impressive 79% of sales coming from the Switch (Playstation 5 made up 17% while Xbox Series X|S accounted for 4%).

01./01. FIFA 23 (EA SPORTS)
02./NE. GOTHAM KNIGHTS (WB GAMES)
03./NE. MARIO + RABBIDS: SPARKS OF HOPE (UBISOFT)
04./02. MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
05./NE. A PLAGUE TALE: REQUIEM (FOCUS HOME INTERACTIVE)
06./RE. PERSONA 5: ROYAL (ATLUS)
07./04. SPLATOON 3 (NINTENDO)
08./03. HORIZON: FORBIDDEN WEST (SONY INTERACTIVE ENT.)
09./05. NINTENDO SWITCH SPORTS (NINTENDO)
10./10. ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS (NINTENDO)

SOURCE

I feel the amount of people on Xbox who are a: not playing it on Gamepass after it being so heavily marketed to be on there by Microsoft and b: buying it physical has to be extremely low, so those numbers don't seem that crazy to me.

ATLUS execs losing their fucking minds at the idea that games sell more when more people can buy them

I don't buy physical on Xbox. This is purely because I always have $20+ worth of Microsoft Reward Points. Thus, its always cheaper for me to go digital over physical.

That's very funny.
Not surprised by Xbox numbers, even if it's on Gamepass I still think it's a different type of game than the Xbox demographic is super interested in. JRPGs are still Playstation and Nintendo territory mostly.

Xbox has a significant digital sales adoption rate. Physical-only charts provide extremely limited data.

Sure? And I'm well aware thank you very much. The topic at hand was the physical charts though, and it performed poorly there.

But while we're at it - Persona 5 is the 197th best selling game on Xbox digital charts.

I’m slightly surprised at Gotham Knights doing so well to be honest. I guess it’s a big action game multiplat. It’s mixed reviews don’t seem to have affected launch but perhaps they’ll cut the tail really short?

Surprised Persona charted at all here too.

I’m slightly surprised at Gotham Knights doing so well to be honest. I guess it’s a big action game multiplat. It’s mixed reviews don’t seem to have affected launch but perhaps they’ll cut the tail really short?

Persona has become pretty big in terms of pure sales potential (even Strikers charted worldwide and sold over 1.5 million), not at all surprised to see Royal charting to be honest (in fact, I would have said it seems low!)

Gotham Knights was always going to have a strong launch, it's a DC game after all. I expect sales to crater from this point.

Persona 5 is pretty huge. I don't expect the other Persona releases to chart though.

Gotham Knights was always going to have a strong launch, it's a DC game after all. I expect sales to crater from this point.

Persona 5 is pretty huge. I don't expect the other Persona releases to chart though.
They won't chart... because they are digital-only releases.

Kinda hoped Rabbids would beat Gotham on charts but I guess even without Batman himself, people care for Batman.

And many might wait for an inevitable sale, just like me.

Meanwhile, Atlus: "Wait, Switch users WANTED to buy Persona games? Then why didn't they ask for them!?"

Persona has become pretty big in terms of pure sales potential (even Strikers charted worldwide and sold over 1.5 million), not at all surprised to see Royal charting to be honest (in fact, I would have said it seems low!)
Feels odd for the UK to me though, usually our charts are full of evergreens. Still, fair enough, interesting!

Presumably Atlus got a nice check from Microsoft to be on Gamepass (or even Xbox at all) so I can’t imagine the sales will really bother them given it’s a rerelease.

I don't buy physical on Xbox. This is purely because I always have $20+ worth of Microsoft Reward Points. Thus, its always cheaper for me to go digital over physical.
same MS rewards points plus their customer support when it comes to refund has been good to me

Sure? And I'm well aware thank you very much. The topic at hand was the physical charts though, and it performed poorly there.

But while we're at it - Persona 5 is the 197th best selling game on Xbox digital charts.
What type of reaction are you expecting / looking for from people with those types of comments. Of course JRPGs sell like crap on Xbox, that's why Microsoft throws money around to get them on gamepass.

No one is surprised to sold this low because they know JRPGs don't sell well on Xbox, even Microsoft knows this; this is the exact reason why the gamepass deal exists in the first place.

Mate it was advertised everywhere when I was in London. You couldn't miss it at the tube station or on the bus. They shoved it down your throat.

I really hope Sparks of Hope will overall sell really well. Enough to have a third game made one day.
Would suck if it just did notably worse than the first game. I wonder how much it is at, worldwide, right now.

I really hope Sparks of Hope will overall sell really well. Enough to have a third game made one day.
Would suck if it just did notably worse than the first game. I wonder how much it is at, worldwide, right now.

Agree with this. It'll be interesting to see some concrete WW numbers. Absolute shame if this series would end up stopping at two entries.

Agree with this. It'll be interesting to see some concrete WW numbers. Absolute shame if this series would end up stopping at two entries.
Yeah, would suck, it is basically the only Mario RPG game we have going on right now ^^" And while it suffers from very un-Nintendo-like wonkyness, it is still very charming and really good.
It better be selling well WW, haha.

Back
Top Bottom