• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Triangle Strategy |ST| Romance of the Three Angles [NSW|PC]

Choose your conviction!

• Utility

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Morality

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • Liberty

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • One does not simply choose a conviction.

Votes: 50 66.7%

• Total voters
I finished the game yesterday. In the final battle, I could actually feel my heart beating faster. I was soooooo into the story, and felt strongly about the characters and their journey. Doesn't happen often, so I Triangle Strategy is truly a great game, imo.

Best soundtrack of 2022.

I find it funny that ‘Square strategy’ and ‘Hexagon strategy’ already make up the majority of turn-based war games :) How about Octopath… wait
Gotta add a dimension and go with Octahedron Strategem.

For real…the way they improved upon Octopath with the sequel (or so I’ve heard) makes me excited for TS’ successor
I'm almost positive they are at least in the planning stages for a sequel. TS was well received, and unless Square had astronomic expectations for it, it should at the very least have met, if not passed them.

Also, I realize this is a bit of a self-plug, but this is my thread so I'll allow it: For everyone here who is interested in the genre in general, we have a thread going now for everything Strategy Games, so feel free to join in!

I love this game. I am eager each night to continue the story.
This is how I'm feeling after playing Hard up to / through Chapter Five- there is something so incredibly satisfying about all of its combat, depth, design and progression systems, the stellar graphics- it's hitting every singly tactics note I could ever ask for and then some.

I am freaking out about how much I'm enjoying this game.

This game is just such an incredibly tight tactics experience to enjoy, I love how un-punishing the underlying support mechanics/systems are while remaining extremely challenging scenario-wise.

Can't get enough! I'm about to make some serious decisions and fight a big mean fight, hahaha.

Triangle Strategy: a game so incredible it's making me ignore Super Mario Wonder 😭

I just helped a friend in a decisive battle and it felt really great- even if the cost was high.

Whew, this game on Hard will make you sweat. At first I used to worry about characters falling in combat- now I know better, and I’ve utilized some really nasty kiting tricks to survive incredible odds. 😆

So many changes and hurdles to navigate- what a murky path to blindly uncover, potential betrayal lurking at every step.

Really really love the story and characters in this, which is rare for me to say. Lovely bunch of rag tag vagabonds, just trying to survive!

Yeah, I posted in the RPG thread but I just finished my first playthrough with the morality ending. The finale was really solid, even as painful as it was. Serenoa and the Wolfforts are trying to bring change, but the only person who seems really pleased with how things turned out is Benedict.

Also that final stage was spectacularly designed, I can't get over the tension of the route boss having a map-wide attack that you can see coming. I think it would have been fair for it to get reinforcements a bit more easily, but I do like that I managed to finish the map without any deaths. Felt like I properly tactics that time.

For this second playthrough I'm starting in a bit, I'm going to use only the non-voting Wolffort members. Medina and Archibald are already MVPs but I've got a bunch of other characters who I didn't use because I was so used to the core group. Flannagan, Ezana, Picoletta and Lionel all got a lot of use in the mental battles but not a lot in the story missions. Time to fix that.

Hard mode is fucking very hard in this game, that's all I'm going to say. 😂 Story progress builds and builds to these combat inflection points and I get flattened, even after clearing each training event.

I love it but damn, you think things are going your way even for a moment and you're handed jawbreaking fights with "bad" and "worse" outcomes, hahaha. I swear this is the game actually inspired by Game of Thrones they cooked up at Square. 😆

Back
Top Bottom