• A new Metroid event is now active. Come join the fun over in Aurc's thread!

TV Trailer for Sonic Prime, Netlfix’s new Sonic the Hedgehog show (Update: new trailer)

Red Monster

Rawr
Pronouns
He/Him
Netflix dropped this trailer today for Sonic Prime, a new animated Sonic the Hedgehog show. The trailer has Sonic, Shadow, and Eggman. And it actually looks pretty cool! It reminds me of the old Sonic X cartoon, except this time the show is set in Sonic’s world. I’m definitely gonna check it out when it comes out!

WestEgg

King of the Krocs
Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
This looks promising. It’s got a closer the Genesis game’s aesthetic that I really like, more abstract kind of like the more comedic Sonic cartoon of the early 90s.

neil

Bob-omb
Pronouns
He/him
Yeah but it'll give them a chance to make good on Iizuka's declaration of "everything is canon" when it comes to the Sonic movies, games, cartoons, anime, comics, etc etc etc 🤣
In a multiverse I guess everything has got to be canon?

The trailer looks nice anyway

MagiCarbo

Octorok
Everything about this looks so so so good except I still can't get over how weird the figure 8 looks the way they animated it as a solid object 😳
It seems like a stylistic choice. The show seems to be going for this CGI western anime aesthetic akin to the 2012 Ninja Turtles series. So simplified animations such as Sonic's legs at max speed or Tails hovering are probably part of that style.

totofogo

big Big Man fan
Pronouns
he/him 🏳️‍🌈

with the concept being so similar to Frontier's story here it simultaneously makes me wish Frontiers was more ambitious and excites me for the future of the games

GattaiMon

Cappy
Pronouns
he/him
I need to watch some actual episodes, as western cartoon trailers always seem to focus on the more comedic parts even when the show has a lot more to offer (look at how Disney marketed the Ducktales reboot). So far I'm not a huge fan of the animation though. It looks good and bouncy in parts, but also reliant on cheap stock animations in others. Plus, Man of Action handled that awful Megaman show before this, so...still kind of wary so far.

Top Bottom