• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Toshihiro Nagoshi Leaves Sega

That's really only the last 5 years and isn't really Sega. Atlus could keep going to sell multimillion franchises but, that does not keep Sega's internal development relevant
Ah, true. At any rate SOJ needed a shake up so we'll see what's next.

at this point, if they're gonna port it, they might as well wait until Dane launches and ride the high (and have a base switch version too as backup)
If they want to test the waters just port 0 and Kiwami and see how they do. If it's worthwhile then they can continue with Kiwami 2 on Dane and/or Cloud.

If they want to test the waters just port 0 and Kiwami and see how they do. If it's worthwhile then they can continue with Kiwami 2 on Dane and/or Cloud.
I genuinely don't see any sort of end goal with Cloud right now. the costs to put up a cloud version is very low, but the returns, I assume, are also very low

I don't think Yakuza games will be coming to Switch in any way unless Nintendo specifically requests them. Sega probably moved on from more ports, even for other platforms where Yakuza is still absent, like EGS or Stadia.

Will Nintendo ever ask Sega to port Yakuza to Switch? Time will tell, their relationship is still strong. But before that I think Nintendo would ask Persona 5 Royal port first. It still is the missing piece.

It's sad but RGG are in a good position. Curious about what they're doing next.

If Juro Watari was still around at Sega this would have made me a little more hopeful for another Virtual-ON

Hope the team makes a lot more variety of games. They used to be a yakuza machine only untill recently with Monkey Ball.

I'm guessing a new monkey ball is in the making.

Sorta. Unlike Kojima though, Harada is overseeing stuff that can crack 10 million.

I'm simply saying that if Kojima can get fired, anyone can get fired. Internal company politics that none of us know about can lead to major developers getting sacked or forced to resign. It happened to Tomonobu Itagaki and Gunpei Yokoi.

Back
Top Bottom