• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Sales Data Top 15 best-selling games of December 2022 on Nintendo eShop (Europe)

mazi

picross pundit
In a recent news post sent out to Switch owners, Nintendo provided a listing of the top 15 European eShop downloads for December 2022.

Nintendo Switch Sports came out several months ago, but it managed to top the chart. Pokemon Scarlet and Violet continue to put in work, clocking in at #4 and #2 respectively. One noteworthy addition is Chained Echoes, which debuts at #14.

Source: Switch news

1. Nintendo Switch Sports
2. Pokémon Violet
3. Minecraft
4. Pokémon Scarlet
5. Disney Dreamlight Valley
6. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
7. FIFA 23 Legacy Edition
8. Mario Party Superstars
9. Stardew Valley
10. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
11. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
12. Splatoon 3
13. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
14. Chained Echoes
15. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

please note that the european monthly rankings filter out discounted items.

EA continues making out like bandits with their FIFA releases on Switch. Which is understandable, but also quite depressing.

Just in case anyone brings up the recent Ubisoft sales debacle, mario+rabbids sparks of hope missing, it's because it was on sale for more than half the month of December.

Disney Dreamlight Valley is 100% a million seller on Switch by now.

Super happy to see a smaller title like Chained Echoes hitting the top 15 in December of all month - that's insane.

I guess Pokemon is number 1 with both versions, but surprised at the actual number 1 honestly. I know Switch Sports is doing good but it has some insane legs. Wonder if 10 millions is achievable.

I guess Pokemon is number 1 with both versions, but surprised at the actual number 1 honestly. I know Switch Sports is doing good but it has some insane legs. Wonder if 10 millions is achievable.
It's not only achievable, but it's practically guaranteed to happen.

Dang, us team Scarlet is beaten by team Violet... We failed to prove the superiority of past to future...

We can think that the EA strategy with fifa is bad, and yes, is a shame this legacy version. But there are a lot of people buying these versions.....

Let's hope this will bring a full Fifa for next system

Fifa 23 is the last one by EA, so we're in for something new this year... Not sure if Fifa themselves will have a game out this year but EA will have with another branding.

So it'll actually be somewhat interesting to see what happens with football games this year :p

Fifa 23 is the last one by EA, so we're in for something new this year... Not sure if Fifa themselves will have a game out this year but EA will have with another branding.

So it'll actually be somewhat interesting to see what happens with football games this year :p
EA Soccer Legacy Edition

it's less interesting than you think. it's gonna be the same game, just with EA Sports FC instead of Fifa

We can think that the EA strategy with fifa is bad, and yes, is a shame this legacy version. But there are a lot of people buying these versions.....
One of my cousins is really into fifa games and buys every goddamn year the game and I tell him how its a legacy version and its literally the same game just with an updated rooster and teams, and he just shrug it "it's not like the game is going to change that much, besides I can take it with me everywhere" (and he iss not kiiding, have over 100 hours in the last one)

One of my cousins is really into fifa games and buys every goddamn year the game and I tell him how its a legacy version and its literally the same game just with an updated rooster and teams, and he just shrug it "it's not like the game is going to change that much, besides I can take it with me everywhere" (and he iss not kiiding, have over 100 hours in the last one)
The truth is that he is somewhat right, the changes between FIFA games are quite minimal.
😶

Let's hope this will bring a full Fifa for next system
I wish, because unlike what some at EA may think, a lot of people are waiting for a proper, full-fledged FIFA (or rather, EA Sports from now on) game, but I'm fairly certain at this point that the next Switch will get a rebranded version of the PS4 FIFA games and that will be it.
well it's not like there's any competition to for EA to do better stares at konami
Konami really got handed this opportunity on a silver platter and they pretty much went "nah, fam, I'm good", didn't they?

it's less interesting than you think. it's gonna be the same game, just with EA Sports FC instead of Fifa

There's always going to be some license issues and the fact that if Fifa actually releases a game this year, it's going to be more interesting than zero which is more than the current state of football games so no I think itt is going to be more interesting than it is today :p

It really is frustrating to see FIFA sell so well on Switch every single year while EA just farts out a copy for it with minimal effort. Definitely echo hopes when we see Switch 2 EA buck their ideas up.

Also that's a lot of Mario being sold. Could be a big year for the main man.

Also, Mario party Superstars getting a handful of DLC boards for sale is such an easy win that I have no idea how it didn't happen, but then Mario kart also took years for them to get around to DLC, so who knows what goes on in those enigmatic decision makers minds.

Konami really got handed this opportunity on a silver platter and they pretty much went "nah, fam, I'm good", didn't they?
they just...stopped investing or something. it's weird

There's always going to be some license issues and the fact that if Fifa actually releases a game this year, it's going to be more interesting than zero which is more than the current state of football games so no I think itt is going to be more interesting than it is today :p
Fifa doesn't have a game worth a damn this year. this is EA Sports FC's debut. Konami can compete, they just need to get their act together and spend some money on licenses. they took a year off to improve things, so let's see.

They stopped caring years ago. Even Vita didn't got any PES games despite PES being one of the best selling games on the system. 3DS got few games more which were basically roster updates until the stopped in 2015.

At least Konami still supports the system unlike EA. I'm quite hyped about Bomberman R2.

Back
Top Bottom