• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

thread for people at work who havent played metroid yet

I have Dread BUT I wanted to play it first on my OLED, thing is I cant go pick it up until tomorrow because of work and shitty parking situation at home.

This is all assuming my game arrives on time. I could have gotten digital or even the standard copy I could just grab from the store, but nooooo, I needed that special edition that I could only find online, leaving me at the mercy of Gamestop and Fedex.

This is all assuming my game arrives on time. I could have gotten digital or even the standard copy I could just grab from the store, but nooooo, I needed that special edition that I could only find online, leaving me at the mercy of Gamestop and Fedex.
I may or may not have pre-ordered a physical copy to pickup at Gamestop today because my Target order won't arrive until tomorrow night

My Walmart copy was expected next Tuesday. No problem, Doki Doki Lit Club should be coming in Friday. As of yesterday, Metroid is coming in today (FedEx), and Doki Doki Lit Club isn't until tomorrow. So I have no idea what state US shipping is in right now.

My Walmart copy was expected next Tuesday. No problem, Doki Doki Lit Club should be coming in Friday. As of yesterday, Metroid is coming in today (FedEx), and Doki Doki Lit Club isn't until tomorrow. So I have no idea what state US shipping is in right now.
Yeah I'm still showing due today, but I'll be nervous until the game is in my hands.

Still waiting on my preorder at Amazon to arrive. Supposedly is coming today, but it has not been send.

aaaaaaaaaa when will it enddddd AAAAAAA

help me get through the day and voice your own woes
Would it help if I post multiple photo's of the beautiful Collectors Edition that's in front of me right now which I'm about to play? Then you can maybe forget your own woes and be happy for me instead! 😁

Can't play it until Sunday. I work 6 days a week and Saturday is the worst day of the week because I'm the only one here and I'm doing the physical labor of three people, so I can't sacrifice any sleep for it.

Just about to finish work! But then I have to feed my lousy (I love them really) kids and get them to bed! Maybe in about 4 hours...

I'm on my lunch break. I still need to wait another 5 hours...

Can I post too? Not at work, but stuck babysitting. Already picked up the game and it's inside my Switch.

I just want to be free. I’ve waited so damn long for dread. I didn’t think waiting another 5 hours would be so painful.

Probably going to leave work early today, it's a holiday weekend anyway for me.

No big deal, just have to wait...5 more hours...

pAEg9LV.png

People at work who haven't played Metroid yet.
I laugh at you.

Love, Kenka

Since I'm in Costa Rica I don't actually know if the store I preordered my copy from will have it available for pick up today, at all. Crossing my fingers they'll come through...

Would it help if I post multiple photo's of the beautiful Collectors Edition that's in front of me right now which I'm about to play? Then you can maybe forget your own woes and be happy for me instead! 😁
I will be sad

Not going to get it until next Wednesday since I want to experience it on the OLED. I've never been the biggest Metroid fan, so my hype levels aren't anywhere near most of yours. Excited to dive in and play, though. Haven't really played a 2D Metroid in depth aside from Super Metroid.

I told myself I wouldn’t get this at launch…I keep looking at the Best Buy site and debating adding it to my OLED pickup later

I've been watching Maximillian Dood's Super Metroid playthrough to get me through the day. It's helped a little.

lol we need this thread everytime some big hype game comes out :D

the ST and the ST waiting room :p

Well crap. It is telling me they don’t have the stupid decals available at my store. I don’t really care but if it’s on offer why not?

Edit: wait says the same thing if I try shipping so it might just be because I didn’t preorder or something

Last edited:
I clock out in less than an hour everyone. I'll be banned from this thread soon.

Going to jump in the waiting room with everyone here. It would help if work was, you know, fun and flew by. But NO! I have a boring desk job and today is dragging so slowly. Then it's an hour and half drive in rush hour traffic. I'm also in the Mountain time zone, so I think I'm behind most of you. I think the clock stopped moving too. I think it knows......

Had a pretty chill day so far, within 2 hours I'll be clocked out and on my way home.

SOON.

7am Saturday and Amazon still hasn’t dispatched my order lmao.

Edit: Just cancelled it, work 8:30-4 today and then I’ll pick up a copy from a store after work and play it when I’m off Sunday-Tuesday 😍

Bummed that I've missed all of the special edition drops today. All of them have happened while I was on a call or something and wasn't checking my phone.

I have Dread BUT I wanted to play it first on my OLED, thing is I cant go pick it up until tomorrow because of work and shitty parking situation at home.

Okay now you made me curious, how does your parking situation feed into the problem?

Okay now you made me curious, how does your parking situation feed into the problem?
I could go pick it up after work, but that'd mean leaving my parking spot and having to potentially wait 2 or 3 hours for a new parking spot.

I could go pick it up after work, but that'd mean leaving my parking spot and having to potentially wait 2 or 3 hours for a new parking spot.

That sounds like it sucks. When the house I rented my apartment in was still partly under construction (my apartment was finished) I had to briefly deal with the situation of not having my own parking spot at my own house. It wasn't...pleasant.

I was about to ask if you could not use public transportation to go and pick it up instead, but I assume we are talking US here which means unless you love in NYC, public transport will be very limited...

I was about to ask if you could not use public transportation to go and pick it up instead, but I assume we are talking US here which means unless you love in NYC, public transport will be very limited...
Yeah, public transportation isn't the best here. I can wait it out.

7am Saturday and Amazon still hasn’t dispatched my order lmao.

Edit: Just cancelled it, work 8:30-4 today and then I’ll pick up a copy from a store after work and play it when I’m off Sunday-Tuesday 😍
That’s what I’d like to do, cancel my preorder at Amazon and buy it from a store. But thinking about the refund process is what is keeping me from cancelling my order.

Back
Top Bottom