• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Admin Post This is an official staff communication

Chaotic Neutral

Chain Chomp
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
You are all doing such great work, and I am proud of being a part of such a fun and talented team of people.

Let's keep it up, everyone! 🙌

I feel the same way
We couldn't have gathered together a better staff to make all this happen, IMO

We should have this as a pinned post that persists well after we make the forum public

Just to make everyone else feel a little uncomfortable
Hey! We should aim to make everyone in the community as uncomfortable as possible

When you're here, you're
Png-Item-735943.png

Famiboards just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about internet culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is on the playground where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in the internet, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the larger forum posting population, after hearing about this, is not going to want to talk about Nintendo games for either website, nor will they purchase any of Nintendo's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Famiboards has alienated an entire market with this move.

Famiboards, publicly apologize and cancel this joke of a website for posting and return to ERA or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Dat new board smell 🤩

Thank you staff members for the work you are doing.

Congrats on the soft launch! Got plenty of work ahead of ya but lots of good groundwork built

You've all done incredibly in such a short amount of time. I'm so glad to be a part of this.

we in here!

antm-excited.gif

such amazing work from the staff, forum looks amazing. thank you all for the hard work.

Just popping in here to show my appreciation for the hard work you guys are doing.

Nice to have a new home.

You're never alone when you have Famicomrades
I spy a shitpost abyss tag!!

also sorry I wasn’t around to help with forum braining, things got a bit overwhelming (both in a good way and bad way) in the event horizon of my 30th birthday.

But it’s looking good, great job everyone!

also sorry I wasn’t around to help with forum braining, things got a bit overwhelming (both in a good way and bad way) in the event horizon of my 30th birthday.

Hey welcome suswave! Great to see you!
And welcome to the 30 club

Also check out www.shitpostabyss.com

I'm glad the new forum is open. I wasn't a very active user of the other forum's thread, but a very axtive lurker though.

After what happened, I was banned and I'm glad we have a new place where we can talk without toxic people and corruption from staff.

I wasn't able to join the Discord (because of the permaban) so I'm very happy to be here! Congrats!

Hitting 30 was fun but I didn't feel anything weird. I'm sure 40 will be my mid-life crisis.

I couldn't resist haha

And no worries at all, glad you're here now :D

Happy birthday, for whenever it was or will be! We are so glad you're here!

Congrats to everyone involved! Hopefully we can build an amazing community as time goes on.

Congrats on the new forum everyone! Awesome job setting it up this quickly. I got high hopes for this place

This is an unofficial non-staff communication, where I admit I failed to anticipate that the chances of username confusion may turn out to be rather high.

Thanks for a speedy and efficient launch; wishing this board all the best. The demand for a fresh start has been brewing for years, and while we've all learned by now to be cautiously optimistic, the important part is that we're optimistic.

there has been no Direct since the creation of Famiboards. This forum is confirmed to be 100% doomed.

Back
Top Bottom