• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion 'There will be things that people can't get,' at Christmas, White House warns

lemonfresh

#Team2024
Pronouns
He/Him
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/am...treats-white-house-officials-warn-2021-10-12/

WASHINGTON, Oct 12 (Reuters) - White House officials, scrambling to relieve global supply bottlenecks choking U.S. ports, highways and railways, warn that Americans may face higher prices and some empty shelves this Christmas season.

The supply crisis, driven in part by the global COVID-19 pandemic, not only threatens to dampen U.S. spending at a critical time, it also poses a political risk for President Joe Biden.

Jim Bob will struggle to get a PS5 this holiday season. What else is new?

Legit, I'm already seeing stores here in my city have less of food items as a whole. I was actually really shocked at the Walmart here was missing a lot of food stuff and ultimately had to go to a store that (realistically I can't afford, and trust me, I wish I could avoid Walmart for various reasons) is more expensive, but they did have a few things I needed. I talked with my sister down in Pittsburgh and she mentioned they've been seeing less available all over there as well. From everyone I've talked to, it's a US-wide issue.

I'm hoping things get better, but... Sigh.

Legit, I'm already seeing stores here in my city have less of food items as a whole. I was actually really shocked at the Walmart here was missing a lot of food stuff and ultimately had to go to a store that (realistically I can't afford, and trust me, I wish I could avoid Walmart for various reasons) is more expensive, but they did have a few things I needed. I talked with my sister down in Pittsburgh and she mentioned they've been seeing less available all over there as well. From everyone I've talked to, it's a US-wide issue.

I'm hoping things get better, but... Sigh.
Same. I had to visit three different stores last week to find heavy whipping cream. Couldn't find the store brand or even Broughten, so I had to buy the $7/pint local brand.

That’s not including some of the other stuff I was never able to find.

I hope this doesn't ruin Hannukah. I know it's not about the presents, but I need new socks and underwear.

If we descend into a civil war because people can't trample over each other on Black Friday for trinkets made by slave labor in Southeast Asia and Latin America then fucking lol. Can't think of a more fitting flashpoint for this country's collapse

iPhones are already backordered for 2 months so get your electronics while you can I guess lol

Well hoping that the ordered Switch OLED via Gamestop arrives well to PR after its ground and sea travel. Because if not well... I'll probably spend a good time waiting to actually get one considering how electronics will be affected.

As long as it's not food and other necessities, I'm cool with this. As such a consumerist society in America, we could stand to look inward more this holiday than under the trees or stockings.

Back
Top Bottom