• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Spoiler The Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Postgame & Spoiler Discussion Thread

- are some areas actually available early as long as you have the proper field skill?
Thinking of upper Aetia region, Fort O'Virbus (by sliding from the east like when you're supposed to go find Crys) and probably others.
If they're not, what's preventing you from reaching them early then?
I don't think you can get to Upper Aetia before chapter 6, and I don't think the cable machine that lets you reach Fort O'Virbus spawns until Noah's quest.

- Why does the door between Fort O'Virbus and Colony 11 always stay closed? Is there any way to open it with like with a sidequest?
It opens. I think you have to complete some side quests.

- What are the exact conditions to use the Origin Blade talent art when using Noah's Ouroboros form?
I always do it by accident instead of Mega Spinning Edge but it's unclear, as even at Interlink lvl 3 I don't immediately have it even if Lucky Seven was activated, and I could use it at multiple occasions even while not using Lucky Seven prior to interlinking.
Either activate Ouroboros while using Unlimited Sword, or wait until the final bar of the heat gauge while in a level 3 interlink.

- Near the beginning of the game, during the cutscene where Noah talks about Riku giving him the Lucky Seven, he talks about how he wasn't a fan of the sword's name and how he eventually decided to rename it; but we never know more about that right?
It's never brought up again iirc so I'm very curious about it (and, of course, about who Riku really is in general but regarding this I'm confident about the DLC bringing answers)
We don't know anything about the name or who gave it to Riku.

I'm surprised people seem to think the dlc is a prequel when a) they show all three swords in the promo of the dlc and b) when Mio says they will all see each other again. I mean I guess it doesn't have to be them reuniting but that'd be one bummer of an ending.

I just got Torna physical off Amazon for just $2 more than retail. 👀
I hope this fills the Xeno shaped hole in my heart. Heard this game was good !

Some people might tell you otherwise, but since you mentioned becoming a Xeno fan recently, I really don't recommend playing Torna before XC2. Release order is generally viewed as the best option. Future Connected is perhaps the only game for which the order is not that important (obviously as long as it's played after XC1).

- are some areas actually available early as long as you have the proper field skill?
Thinking of upper Aetia region, Fort O'Virbus (by sliding from the east like when you're supposed to go find Crys) and probably others.
Regarding Upper Aetia at least, there's no way to get up there from main Aetia with any field skills. So I don't see how it would be possible to do so until you've reached a story point where you're free to roam from Agnus Castle.

One similar thing I did feel cheated by. Where Colony 0 was originally located, I'd already visited back there by taking poison damage and barely surviving. There was nothing to be found but a small empty area with a nice view. It's true enough Colony 0 felt very mobile, but still, Segiri knew that's where they were supposed to be.

Finally finish the game today by jeeting Seraphic Cerantinia across the screen while Orge Sena with Break Brooch and Chaotic Memory keeps breaking its ankle with almost 100% guarantee. Poor thing can't even stay awake for more than 1 second between combo chains lol.

Overall I do think the UMs really need an upgrade in difficulty. Their debuffs can be easily cleansed by Thaumaturge, War Medic or a Soul Hacker with Dragon Decree. Imo spikes could be handy here in forcing players to adapt. That said I love MS's decision to remove the damage cap. Seeing chain attacks dishing out 10M dmg even in Hard difficulty is just chef kiss.

Now I patiently go through my backlog while waiting for the challenge mode to drop. And listen to this gem once in awhile. Can't believe that MS successfully aped themselves in creating the most jazzy battle theme in gaming ever.

Finally can talk in here lol. I'm on the team "ending was good/great", though I do have to admit the stuff right before that wasn't the game's best showing.
The sudden veer into generic shonen writing patterns burned me quite a bit (SMILES), Crys was introduced way too late, the true nature of Lucky Seven/Sword of the End is a confusing mess, and the true identity of Z was interesting but was dumped at the last possible moment. Thankfully the ending gave me enough of a fill regarding thematic and emotional closure that I can look past some of it. I hope the DLC is an epilogue that sets the launching off point for the next games, I'd lose my mind if the new story is just another tragic prequel with all the loose ends

One thing that I think is worth remembering is that the story DLC isn't the only thing coming. I expect challenge mode to stay at roughly the same "doesn't contradict canon (except arguably Fiora's hair), but probably won't be explicitly talked about ever again" level of canon of 2's challenge mode, but heroes are much more story relevant than rare blades, so the two DLC heroes are potentially chances to delve into Aionios' history.

I'm surprised people seem to think the dlc is a prequel when a) they show all three swords in the promo of the dlc and b) when Mio says they will all see each other again. I mean I guess it doesn't have to be them reuniting but that'd be one bummer of an ending.
the art is for the DLC as a whole, not the new story campaign

the art is for the DLC as a whole, not the new story campaign
Though, the image of XC2‘s season pass was Torna - which obviously turned out to be the expansion story.

There’s two heroes on the way, and judging by the tease, we know the first one isn’t anyone who wields one of those swords.

Which is to say, if we fought Shulk and Rex in the challenge mode and they didn’t feature in the expansion story, I’d feel robbed… again! lol

Though, the image of XC2‘s season pass was Torna - which obviously turned out to be the expansion story.

There’s two heroes on the way, and judging by the tease, we know the first one isn’t anyone who wields one of those swords.

Which is to say, if we fought Shulk and Rex in the challenge mode and they didn’t feature in the expansion story, I’d feel robbed… again! lol
unknown.png

i guess your right

Now I patiently go through my backlog while waiting for the challenge mode to drop. And listen to this gem once in awhile. Can't believe that MS successfully aped themselves in creating the most jazzy battle theme in gaming ever.

I played enough with Melia to take care of her ascension quests and such, but I don't feel like I got a good listen to this music. I guess I count it as a minor strike against the game that battle music is much harder to appreciate with now 7 characters constantly yelling shit.

I never tried it myself, but I've heard there was a way to get there early if you killed the level 100 owl superboss. His tombstone is at cooley lake so you could fast travel there and climb up to Captocorn Peak. But the patch from earlier this week changed the owl's movement patterns so he can't be lured in from under cooley lake anymore.

Finally finish the game today by jeeting Seraphic Cerantinia across the screen while Orge Sena with Break Brooch and Chaotic Memory keeps breaking its ankle with almost 100% guarantee. Poor thing can't even stay awake for more than 1 second between combo chains lol.

Overall I do think the UMs really need an upgrade in difficulty. Their debuffs can be easily cleansed by Thaumaturge, War Medic or a Soul Hacker with Dragon Decree. Imo spikes could be handy here in forcing players to adapt. That said I love MS's decision to remove the damage cap. Seeing chain attacks dishing out 10M dmg even in Hard difficulty is just chef kiss.

Where does this song appear in the game?

Hot take: after sitting on it, XC3 is actually a great conclusion to the "Klaus saga." After Zanza was wrested away from Bionis and Klaus handed the future of Alrest to its people, the experiment at long last not only succeeded but succeeded doubly so - two entirely unique worlds populated with unique races, cultures, etc. But the long-awaited success ended up causing the Inheritance, which then led to Moebius and the events of 3. With the problem of the Inheritance solved, 3's ending is the moment Klaus's legacy ceases to define the history of either world and as such they finally come into their own.

I'm still mad that they didn't add a ladder you extend down from above near Coolley Lake so that you could climb up there from Coolley Pool

So as uh, bonkers as that picture in the ending is, I was honestly expecting something even worse based on the vague posts I was seeing floating around pre release.

So just having beaten the game my immediate reaction is 3> 1> 2> X, but I want to do one of those bigger posts ranking the various elements of the series that people were doing earlier to let those thoughts sit a bit.

So with Z, I just want to make sure I understood it correctly, but the idea is that he is Origin itself? And that the reason it initially trapped the two worlds in time was to stop them from being destroyed when they were due to come in contact with each other, and then kept them in stasis due to the uncertainty of what would happen upon separating them again?

Honestly, I do kinda love the idea that the main villain was an AI just acting out it’s core programming. Like it’s not a novel twist in fiction, but kinda is with JRPG’s?

Z is more of a virus infecting the system. Specifically a manifestation of the fear the souls of the people inhabiting the two universes had about the impending collision. That's what is said in game iirc. Z is a concept given form, like, uh, Candyman or whatever.

I chose to interpret it as Origin reading the souls as they were uploaded into it and realising the common thread of fear, and then deciding to create Z to do something about it. But there is nothing to suggest Origin has any AI whatsoever, this is just headcanon.

Arguably,
Malos is an AI carrying out its own programming.

So uh.
DLC story then.
I don't find either of the two popular suggestions to be particularly enticing.
The ending of the story seemed definitive, I don't see an epilogue.
A founder prologue wouldn't really tell us any more about the world due to the limited perspective of those founders (as being trapped in the system).
Here's what I would do:
A tale set in New Alrest, starring a plucky band of heroes that discover that their government is hiding the fact that their universe is about to collide with another. They fight to reveal the truth and to break into the elite's ark to find a way to somehow stop the collision. Final boss is Melia who manifests inside Origin as the worlds converge. New Alrest, upon finding out the truth - thanks to our party - is gripped by terror (unlike the ones in Shulk's world, who seem to have no knowledge about what is going to happen). This, in conjunction with Melia's defeat, gives form to Z, emerging from within Origin itself and making our heroes the first Mobius. Who are then horrified by the endless cycle of war that is required to keep the world going.

Would be nice to see what becomes of Alrest imo. Hard to imagine what a combined civilisation of Ardainians and Urayans and Gormotti would look like. Agnus in Aionios seemed entirely Indolese. We could see Mio and co as child NPCs, maybe even as more important parts of the story (like Mikhail in Torna). We could find out more about how Nia became queen (I already have an idea, but it requires dramatic improvement in blade's rights, specifically the ability to inherit the title and property of their deceased drivers). The combat could have a blade/human vanguard/rearguard sort of thing, except you're controlling the arts of both characters independently (diamond = blade, circle = human). Fusion is a joint attack, and instead of ouroboros, the blade gets a talent art. Maybe you can fuse talent arts for a 2-style OTT Special and each fused special in combat is what gives you increased rounds in a chain attack.

I don't think they should turn the DLC for Xenoblade 3 to another DLC for Xenoblade 2 that has little to nothing to do with Xenoblade 1's world or Kevesi characters. I do hope it can go beyond the scope of the founders era alone though. and if they do a deep dive into Moebius as I expect then I'm sure it will.

A walk into Earth/Aionios post merger/extinction would be cool. Unless the merger ends up in nowadays Wisconsin or some setup too close to real life.

Some people might tell you otherwise, but since you mentioned becoming a Xeno fan recently, I really don't recommend playing Torna before XC2. Release order is generally viewed as the best option. Future Connected is perhaps the only game for which the order is not that important (obviously as long as it's played after XC1).
If all goes well tomorrow, I'll have the entire trilogy physical... and play them in an unorthodox order of 1 -> 3 -> 2. Such is the flow.

Watch monolith throw a curve ball and have the DLC be about a new group of heroes who just so happen to have the three swords of shulk, rex,and Noah set hundreds of years after the game about trying to make sure the world merg properly this time and prevent another Z situation

But at this point, I kinda have accepted that it's most likely the founder's DLC with the Aionios versions of rex and shulk along side Mio and Noahs son who wields luck seven

Rats. I know better than to participate in reddit but sleep-deprived at 6am I couldn't resist unloading a number of pent up thoughts on the Xenoblade redditors who couldn't conceive that a political reading of 3 actually might not be an American leftist conspiracy.

Rats. I know better than to participate in reddit but sleep-deprived at 6am I couldn't resist unloading a number of pent up thoughts on the Xenoblade redditors who couldn't conceive that a political reading of 3 actually might not be an American leftist conspiracy.
oh no are they offended by the City "conservatives" being the bad guys?

oh no are they offended by the City "conservatives" being the bad guys?
Basically. It seems to be “the city radicals are worse though”, “city conservatives have absolutely no parallel to real world conservatives because they’re anti-war”, or, incredibly, “actually there is no concept of a ‘right wing’ in Japan and so my anime game is apolitical or, if you insist, libertarian”.

Basically. It seems to be “the city radicals are worse though”, “city conservatives have absolutely no parallel to real world conservatives because they’re anti-war”, or, incredibly, “actually there is no concept of a ‘right wing’ in Japan and so my anime game is apolitical or, if you insist, libertarian”.
This is hilarious, imagine seriously thinking this when the main fucking character literally says out loud that they're just like Moebius

The unironic suggestion that being "conservative" now requires a pro-war stance is hilarious and sad.

You know, since i imagine the DLC story will shake up gameplay like Torna, if it's an epilogue you do some cool gameplay stuff where half the party is at bionis and the other half of the party is in alrest, and for some story reason what you do in one world will affect the other (like in some Zelda games)

Watch monolith throw a curve ball and have the DLC be about a new group of heroes who just so happen to have the three swords of shulk, rex,and Noah set hundreds of years after the game about trying to make sure the world merg properly this time and prevent another Z situation
Wait but that actually sounds pretty neat

I really enjoyed the story and ending, but it has left me with a lot to think about and unpack. It's been very interesting to read the takes in here to see how people interpret things differently and issues they have. I timed my play-through pretty well because I didn't have to wait too long to get the one breakdown I've been waiting for!

I do hope the dlc is the just the fanservice reunion/Avengers assemble moment, that's all I really want to be honest. But I wouldn't be opposed to another prequel or something else that delves more into Aionios.

Honestly, I do kinda love the idea that the main villain was an AI just acting out it’s core programming. Like it’s not a novel twist in fiction, but kinda is with JRPG’s?
It's funny you say that, because that's essentially what Malos was in Xenoblade 2.

As for Z.... no, he wasn't Origin. Z was the emotions (fear) of all the lives stored in the Origin supercomputer, coagulated and amassed into a living being (who has a taste for vintage cinemas). Z's entire motivation was prolonging the "now", the status quo, for fear of change (allowing time to move forward with the destruction of the universes).

The interpretations of the ending are contested. I for one believe the universes did indeed proceed with colliding at the end of the game, once Z was defeated. The scene we see at the very end, after the credits, takes place in the "rebooted" universe that Origin created.

It's funny you say that, because that's essentially what Malos was in Xenoblade 2.

As for Z.... no, he wasn't Origin. Z was the emotions (fear) of all the lives stored in the Origin supercomputer, coagulated and amassed into a living being (who has a taste for vintage cinemas). Z's entire motivation was prolonging the "now", the status quo, for fear of change (allowing time to move forward with the destruction of the universes).

The interpretations of the ending are contested. I for one believe the universes did indeed proceed with colliding at the end of the game, once Z was defeated. The scene we see at the very end, after the credits, takes place in the "rebooted" universe that Origin created.
I don't really see how there's anything to contest, your interpretation is pretty unambiguously what happened.

I’m continuing to plough on with my typical XC postgame clean up.

I’m grinding up to level 99 and bugger it is a grind this time - I’m spending lots of time in caves.

I’m currently at 96 and may squeeze out another level by the end of the day.

I’ve found some new areas, done some quests, etc. I must confess, the postgame experience isn’t going down as smoothly as XC2, which I enjoyed a lot more.

That said, I’ve already done more than I’ve ever done on XC, so that’s something and there is a lot to appreciate,

Monolith Soft poured their heart into this game. I‘m disappointed by it, but that emotion stings me the more I play because there’s a lot to love.

Damn some of y’all took this game personally.

I guess now i have an idea of how Xenoblade 1 fans felt with beating Xenoblade 2 back then.

I watched Luxin's video. Does anyone else think the idea that Noah literally interlinked with Mio in the recreated worlds as an explanation for his disappearance really far-fetched or is there something to that?

I’m grinding up to level 99 and bugger it is a grind this time - I’m spending lots of time in caves.

I’m currently at 96 and may squeeze out another level by the end of the day.
A couple runs through Malevolent Hollow can help with those last levels if you haven't been there yet.

ROFL. Do they not realise the City conservative are called that because they want to conserve the status quo ergo the traditional definition of the term? Lol @ there being no parallel to the real world - it's called a dictionary.

By the time I started to look at some of the post-game caves, I already had level 94 or so waiting for me a the camps. Which is all you need.

There has been zero grind in this game for me.

I mean, so far.
If I wanted to max my gems...
I've also got a few side quests left, I guess. The one that remains in my list requires items I don't have enough of. Urgh.

I've not found all the nopon needed to upgrade my weapons nor have I found all the legacy of the seven items. I've got five of the latter, I think. Hmm. Unless there's one in the Demihuman Gutter...

I just realized that the only real fan service in the game (aside from boob physics ) are from the male characters

You better not come across some reactions to Eunie's feet in the City.

EDIT: any real, direct counterpart to the political worldbuiling of this game is immediately thrown out of the window the moment it clearly shows Monarchy is the real saving force of both universe. It's an imaginary world that takes element from social/political dynamics that have existed from the moment humans started living in groups and then mixes it with fantasy elements.

I've not found all the nopon needed to upgrade my weapons nor have I found all the legacy of the seven items. I've got five of the latter, I think. Hmm. Unless there's one in the Demihuman Gutter...
As a hint, you can see the hammers in their portraits on the affinity tree.

The legacy of the seven are all found around the sea so as long as you've explored every nook and cranny you should find them (when you reveal said part of the map a magnifying glass will appear so they're hard to miss). Possible one you're missing: One is hidden in the lower Western corner of the map in a cave that's easy to sail past if you're not looking carefully.

I watched Luxin's video. Does anyone else think the idea that Noah literally interlinked with Mio in the recreated worlds as an explanation for his disappearance really far-fetched or is there something to that?
I guess it makes more sense than "all the City people will be reborn exactly as they were so that the vague remnants of their past selves can persist"

I guess it makes more sense than "all the City people will be reborn exactly as they were so that the vague remnants of their past selves can persist"
Yea, I'm not feeling the idea that the worlds reconnect in just eight years and everyone has kids with the exact same people, and their kids have kids with the exact same people and so on.

But on that subject, I've been wondering if the founder of Vandham and Doyle were more unconventional brother and sister. Like they're both Mio and Noah's children but from different incarnations of Noah and Mio.

Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom