• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News The Wonderful 101: Remastered free DLC "The Wonderful One: After School Hero" out now

Completely out of nowhere, I'm pretty sure backers forgot about this too...

I wonder if someone was working on this the entire time single handedly. Or Kamiya wants to do a sequel still and remembered he didn't fulfill on all the backer tiers and used that as an excuse to make this.

Why was this even a goal?
The promise of new content of any sort isn't a surprising concept for a stretch goal. And lot of KS stretch goals are never made despite reaching the funding goal, so I'll give it to Platinum that they actually got it done.

It's going to be played by all of five people, buy they got it done.

Good on Platinum for delivering on their word. But I do hope they make better business decisions, moving forward.

The promise of new content of any sort isn't a surprising concept for a stretch goal. And lot of KS stretch goals are never made despite reaching the funding goal, so I'll give it to Platinum that they actually got it done.

It's going to be played by all of five people, buy they got it done.
I just wanna know, was it just somehting like "new missions" or osmehtign like that or was it always going to be a side scroller shooter. the decision on the mode seems strange.

I just wanna know, was it just somehting like "new missions" or osmehtign like that or was it always going to be a side scroller shooter. the decision on the mode seems strange.
This is what was promised
fd93be65e12a3b7a4e335c29a3949e2c_original.png

to everyone who has played it, how is the new content?
I quite enjoyed it. It has 6 stages (with, I assume, 6 more to come). Thereā€™s an arcade mode with a new storyline as well as a challenge mode for revisiting stages for high scores.

It does a good job of adapting the action gameplay to a sidescrolling format with mechanics like an air dash, special moves using the Unite Morphs, and some light puzzlesolving with three different beam types. Iā€™ve only quickly gone through the arcade mode so far, but it seems like thereā€™s potential for a decent amount of depth. Nothing too mindblowing, but I find it pretty delightful to be getting brand new Wonderful 101 content all these years later. Looking forward to part 2!

Last edited:
Maybe is a good thing that they didnt go for the "wait until the content is finished to put it on the cartridge" lmao

as is tradition for Platinum Games content, their official Vtuber Shirogane PT has done a video on it.

no English subtitles yet, but i don't think there's anything too major mentioned here.

Played it last night for a video and quite enjoyed it. It's nothing groundbreaking but it's a fast and fluid little sidescrolling shooter. It's bizarre getting new TW101 content 10 years later. There is a story with fully voice acted cutscenes, which is more than I expected. The music is fantastic as well.

How do you access this? It's not showing up on the menu for me. Perhaps I need to complete the main campaign first?

Back
Top Bottom