• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic The Switch OLED Model |ST| The Switch O-Thread

You can do it!
Thank god it's busy at the office so at least i have work to make the time go by faster.
It's just sitting at home after work playing my OG Switch reminds me of what's coming.
I'll persevere........

Target is taking their sweet little time preparing my preorder to ship. Looking likely it’ll be next week before I get it.

With all the OLEDs out there did Nintendo send our for reviews or a lot of stores broke release date?

Canceled my Target order in favor of the Amazon one. Hoping they’ll deliver by lunch on Friday.

I still won’t be able to play until Saturday, but still.

Canceled my Target order in favor of the Amazon one. Hoping they’ll deliver by lunch on Friday.

I still won’t be able to play until Saturday, but still.
Did you have two preorders, or did Amazon reopen at some point?

(also, good to see you Kevin!)

Had a little chat with the retailer that I ordered my OLED from since my order was still 'waiting', they said they still havnt got their shipment from the distributor and dont know when they will.. eeeek.

Looking like I might miss out on the fun this friday..

Had a little chat with the retailer that I ordered my OLED from since my order was still 'waiting', they said they still havnt got their shipment from the distributor and dont know when they will.. eeeek.

Looking like I might miss out on the fun this friday..
Yeah, Amazon UK still have mine arriving on Wednesday, 13th, which means I won't be able to use it until the 17th. Boo.

I got mine from Game (UK) and it still says processing, as far as I know they haven't taken the money yet either. If it doesn't come Friday I'll be bummed because I really would like to take it on my weekend trip. I've also got Metroid coming, but 100% saving that for the OLED.

I'm so excited to try mine - but! the thing is I don't know when I'll get it, because shipments and trade routes here are very fickle things. The retailer has my preorder as "Coming in October/November". At the same time, I don't know how long I'll be using it considering the Dane rumours. It's a whole situation.

I got mine from Game (UK) and it still says processing, as far as I know they haven't taken the money yet either. If it doesn't come Friday I'll be bummed because I really would like to take it on my weekend trip. I've also got Metroid coming, but 100% saving that for the OLED.

I don’t *think* it being on the processing stage is something to be worried about. My Game order hasn't even reached that yet haha I got the "prepare to be charged" email on Thursday and nothing since. Hopefully the console comes on time or I'm gonna have an existential crisis over whether to play Dread or not 😅

I’m very excited about upgrading from my launch day switch. I can’t wait to see that new screen for myself. Got all my accessories already (glass screen protector, carrying case and silicone case with grips) AND I work from home Friday. Gonna be down in my basement with every light off playing dread. I can’t wait!!!

Yeah, Amazon UK still have mine arriving on Wednesday, 13th, which means I won't be able to use it until the 17th. Boo.

Ouff that's rough.

It's weird since I used one of the bigger ones that's usually very upfront with stuff like this. Now they had no clue.

From what I can see at other retailers here, there's plenty of stock availible at different retailers here in Sweden,
I should probably try to make contact with another retailer to see if local picup is possible on friday.

Finally got the processing email from Game earlier this afternoon 😅 now I just need to see some movement with my Dread order on Simply. Friday will either be incredible or awful if one or either slip lol

Last edited:
My Best Buy in store pick up order still says “we don’t have a release date for this item.” Ahhhh. I hope I get it Friday. Long weekend from Work and a pre-scheduled PTO next week!

Finally got the processing email from Game earlier this afternoon 😅 now I just need to see some movement with my Dread order on Simply. Friday will either be incredible or awful if one or either slip lol
Got mine too! I think I was mistaken before and it was still unshipped. Hopeful to get it on Friday now!

Has anyone who preordered online via Gamestop receive a "Your order is being processed" email? Like a 2nd email after the one asking you if you wanted to edit your payment method? We still haven't received anything over here and are already kinda worrying 😅
I'm also waiting on a follow-up from them. I have another CE preordered from Walmart that I hope will arrive early enough on Friday, as I'm driving home this weekend and would love to have both the OLED and Dread in tow of course. The one from Gamestop is going to be for my friend.

My Best Buy in store pick up order still says “we don’t have a release date for this item.” Ahhhh. I hope I get it Friday. Long weekend from Work and a pre-scheduled PTO next week!
I gave my local Best Buy a call for this exact reason and they assured me that they'll have the pickup preorders one or two days before launch day, at which point the change should be reflected online. So look out on Wed/Thurs

Is there an easy guide on transferring everything over from one Switch to another, including Animal Crossing data? Are there special Nintendo caveats in the process, or is it fairly easy?

I've never needed to do it before. Bought my Switch almost exactly 4 years ago and it's served me well. Currently I don't think my OLED is arriving launch day, but it'd be good to bookmark the relevant info so I can go about getting set up easily whenever I get the chance.

Is there an easy guide on transferring everything over from one Switch to another, including Animal Crossing data? Are there special Nintendo caveats in the process, or is it fairly easy?

I've never needed to do it before. Bought my Switch almost exactly 4 years ago and it's served me well. Currently I don't think my OLED is arriving launch day, but it'd be good to bookmark the relevant info so I can go about getting set up easily whenever I get the chance.

If it asks during setup, you should say you're not going to use the old Switch anymore. You can always log back into it afterwards if you plan to keep it around.

If it asks during setup, you should say you're not going to use the old Switch anymore. You can always log back into it afterwards if you plan to keep it around.
Shiny - thank you kindly! Here's hoping my OLED arrives on time and I can do this before taking it on holiday on Sunday.

I gave my local Best Buy a call for this exact reason and they assured me that they'll have the pickup preorders one or two days before launch day, at which point the change should be reflected online. So look out on Wed/Thurs
Thanks for the heads up! I’m ready to head there right after work Friday and game the weekend away!

Got mine too! I think I was mistaken before and it was still unshipped. Hopeful to get it on Friday now!

It's happening! Crossing my fingers for everyone, distribution channels are under such pressure right now. We already lost the amiibo for October 😫 I've already decided if Dread doesn't arrive, I'm just going to buy it digitally lol give the extra to my brother or something.

I’m trying to see if my Amazon order is Key Delivery but I can’t seem to find it. I may not be home for a day or so if they drop it off in the afternoon Friday.

Thinking of working from home on Friday so I can go and pick mine up. Might just do that. Or leave from work early. We shall see.

Would love to get one, but I'm having a really hard time justifying a purchase.
My old launch model still works fine, battery, joycons and all.
But it's new... And I want it because of that. Haha....

don't really use handheld much since i don't want my sticks drifting but with any luck nintendo will start with oled & smaller bezels on whatever half-step or full successor for the switch comes next. really cleans up the look & feel of the system!

Same. I really want the bigger battery, my Switch barely lasts three hours on Ace Attorney and it's been bothering me since it's a long session game. Plus there are scratchs a bit all over my screen that aren't too bad, but it's definitely a good excuse to upgrade. Kickstand gloriousness too.
Same here. If I play for a while and forget to dock it (it happens, since my GF and I "share" our dock in the living room) I end up panicking when I see it at 25%.

5 hours battery life on BOTW sounds incredible.

In my household, the Switch is used as a hybrid 50/50. That, plus my Switch is a V1, means this upgrade is good for me.

EB Games texted me and asked for the rest of the payment, so a I assume I’m good to go.

Hoping Amazon UK dates change today. Has been saying Arriving 13th since the day it went up for pre-order. Same with Danganronpa Decadence, that has an arriving date of 5 days after the release date, so hopefully thats something they're doing now for all pre-orders just incase

Hoping Amazon UK dates change today. Has been saying Arriving 13th since the day it went up for pre-order. Same with Danganronpa Decadence, that has an arriving date of 5 days after the release date, so hopefully thats something they're doing now for all pre-orders just incase

I spoke to Amazon as my original pre-order with them said the same, the live chat person mentioned it being due to when they will receive the stock and despatch it. I cancelled with them and switched to Nintendo UK store as they could not assure me it would change.

Yeah, mine's the same. I need to keep my order with Amazon because I used a chunk of Amazon credit I'd won to pay for it. I wouldn't be buying without the credit, so I guess I'll have to wait to get my hands on it.

I'm still deciding what to do with my pre-order. People in the speculation thread expect the Dane Switch to launch late next year to early 2023, so the OLED will not have a long time before it gets replaced. But i really want to play the upcoming Pokémon games on the OLED. Since i can sell my Switch (2019) for 200-250 euro. i will have to pay 100-150 euro for the upgrade, and then upgrade again when the Dane Switch releases. I have 1.5 days to decide (or i let the OLED in the box until i have make up my mind between selling and keeping it).

I'm still deciding what to do with my pre-order. People in the speculation thread expect the Dane Switch to launch late next year to early 2023, so the OLED will not have a long time before it gets replaced. But i really want to play the upcoming Pokémon games on the OLED. Since i can sell my Switch (2019) for 200-250 euro. i will have to pay 100-150 euro for the upgrade, and then upgrade again when the Dane Switch releases. I have 1.5 days to decide (or i let the OLED in the box until i have make up my mind between selling and keeping it).
I had the same thoughts as you and in the end I kept mine. I mostly play handheld so it felt like a win win. That and you can get quite a bit for your Switch if you don’t do a trade in at a gaming shop.

I put my Switch up for sale on FB Marketplace (so I won’t have to give eBay 12.5 percent plus other fees they tack on) and already got offers for 250 to 300. So I’m paying at best 50 to upgrade.

When Switch 2 comes out I figure I’ll worry about that then lol

Target is now preparing to ship mine, and my estimated delivery went from Monday to Thursday to just Thursday. I'm so, so tempted to cancel it.

The mighty Digital Foundry review is out, and they loved the machine. They showcase a lot of games, confirm the panel is full RGB and not Pentile, as well as gush on the more premium build quality.

Many new screenshots from different sources:
embargo15cest_3606473b.png

oled-v-old.jpg

FBBOdzyVQAA4p1z

FBBOdzuUYAg2gmj

Last edited:
Man reviews are glowing. Quite hyped about this "dimmed black pixels" thing, I'm gonna replay games like Alien Isolation, Little Nightmares II and Resident Evil 1, they all gonna look amazing.

The only donwside is I have to go back to that separate directional buttons. Switch Lite's mushy Dpad was godlike, it's gonna be hard leaving it.

Nintendo Life's review is awesome, super hot footage.

My target order still has no movement and is scheduled for mid next week :( "Scheduled to arrive Thu, Oct 14", sure hope not.

Back
Top Bottom