• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release The Super Mario Bros. Movie Pre-Release Discussion Thread (Now releasing April 5th in the US)

Final Worldwide Box Office Predictions

• Less than $300 million (Absolute Flop)

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • $300-450 million (in line with other video game adaptations)

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • $450-700 million (best video game adaptation, in line with other recent animated films)

Votes: 26 21.0%
  • $700 million-1 billion (higher tier for all but the biggest hits

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • $1-1.3 billion (Top 10 highest grossing animated film of all time, Illumination’s biggest success)

Votes: 34 27.4%
  • $1.3-1.6 billion (Frozen tier)

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • 1.6 billion+ (unseats the Lion King remake as the most successful animated movie of all time)

Votes: 6 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Universal UK has LOADS of new stills:
14.jpg
15.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
21.jpg
22.jpg
23.jpg
28.jpg
29.jpg
30.jpg
31.jpg
32.jpg

Seems like the temptation was short lived
I am very bad at resisting the temptation to change my avatars/profile pictures whenever I see one that would really look good. The fact that I kept the same avatar on Era for the entire time I was actively posting on that website is a miracle.

It's hard to guess the box office without the first week opening and the review scores. I'd say, if the movie is good and land around 80% on RT, then it should do around 800-1b imo. Could go a bit over 1b if the movie is great.

Sonic 2 made 400 millions and honestly even if the first and sequel were good, it's not has big of a franchise at all.

Here's a thread containing production information for the movie and this is a great read, you don't need to read it incase you think there are spoilers in it

oh so Mario and Luigi go through the Warp Zone, cute reference.

Also, the DK rap confirmed for the movie!

Here's a thread containing production information for the movie and this is a great read, you don't need to read it incase you think there are spoilers in it

It's all sourced from the press kit, so if anyone wants to see the full uncut text you can find it here.

What happened during FF Spirits Within?
It bombed, Square pictures closed, Sakaguchi had to resign from his position to executive producer of FF, square sold 19% of their company to sony, and contrary to what people thinks, this delayed the merger with Enix instead of prompting it (they started discussions in 2K but stopped because the movie flopped)

But also it's not a serious post, I'm pretty sure everyone learned a lesson with what happened with FF:SW

I haven’t seen a movie in theaters since Dr. Strange last year (which friends had to drag me to), and all of a sudden I’m seeing three soon, Mario twice (once with friends, once with family) and Dungeons and Dragons.

It's hard to guess the box office without the first week opening and the review scores. I'd say, if the movie is good and land around 80% on RT, then it should do around 800-1b imo. Could go a bit over 1b if the movie is great.

Sonic 2 made 400 millions and honestly even if the first and sequel were good, it's not has big of a franchise at all.
sonic is kinda limited in reach tho isnt it? i remember reading something that hes popular in the west but not so much outside of there.

Gonna wait and see how DK fans feel about it before buying tickets. It looks good so far, but I'm still a little worried they might mess up my Kong crew.

The posts in question are probably these.

and if so, they just seem to be summarising everything we've already seen / heard until the climax they've likely made up. I don't buy it.

just a heads up the plot and post-credit scene might have leaked from 4chan
I think I found it. Is it one with "secret screenings at my local cinema?" It seems like a "rearrangement" of the trailer footage and there is no mention of musical (It’s a thing right?). Anyway it sounds super fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom