• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic The ST |ST| Volunteer & Coordinate & Collaborate on StarTopics

I’m about to go urinate in a corner at Best Buy. Zero communication about there being an issue. They’re just keeping their mouths shut. Ridiculous to not even have a code for Splatoon yet.

I’m about to go urinate in a corner at Best Buy. Zero communication about there being an issue. They’re just keeping their mouths shut. Ridiculous to not even have a code for Splatoon yet.
That's definitely between you and Best Buy, and I understand your frustration, but this is the ST claim thread. 😅

Hmm, that's weird. I know for certain they aren't converting my pngs into jpegs (the image I linked above is a png). Try uploading an image, clicking Photostream (under You, in the top bar) clicking the Share Photo icon on an image (located in the bottom right), going to Embed, selecting Original for the size (from the drop down menu), and copying that code. Then, simply paste that code into your post, and delete everything but the actual link itself.

Here's what that box looks like:

0EJkdmH.png
Ooh, okay, looks like the reason they were being converted to JPGs is because I didn’t select “Original” for the size, so it was resizing them as JPGs, but if I select Original then it keeps them as PNGs at the original size. Cool, thanks!

Aww! I really wanted to do the Octopath Traveler II thread :(

I'm guessing it's to early to claim the TotK thread?
Yeah, generally 6 months before. I was going to claim it as well, but saw that and retracted.

Is anyone doing God of War Ragnarok? I know it isn't a Nintendo game, but it is gonna be one of the biggest games of the year and will no doubt be in GOTY talks. There are enough Playstation users here that I think an ST would be good.

I believe I've already done this, but just in case I haven't:

The Legend of Zelda series by @merp (December 2, 2022)
December 2, 2022

Hey all, is this the proper place to ask questions when building an ST?
(and if not lemme know if I need to delete the post)
I'm building January's General Discussion ST and wanted to know what the etiquette is regarding plugging other threads in it. I've got links to the discussion threads for some prominent games coming in January (and a couple biggies beyond) and was also wanting to plug the GOTY and Direct Speculation threads which should be out by then. Is it generally acceptable to do so? Should I ask the creators of those threads first?
I've never done an ST before so I wanted to make sure. 😅

Hey all, is this the proper place to ask questions when building an ST?
(and if not lemme know if I need to delete the post)
I'm building January's General Discussion ST and wanted to know what the etiquette is regarding plugging other threads in it. I've got links to the discussion threads for some prominent games coming in January (and a couple biggies beyond) and was also wanting to plug the GOTY and Direct Speculation threads which should be out by then. Is it generally acceptable to do so? Should I ask the creators of those threads first?
I've never done an ST before so I wanted to make sure. 😅
Absolutely against the rules. If I see one link in your OP, so help me god.

of course that’s ok! That’s actually a wonderful idea, plugging the GOTY threads and whatnot.

OK, been going back and forth on this for a week or two and have decided to put in a claim and see how it goes:

Diablo IV by big lantern ghost (January 3, 2023)
June 6, 2023

Personally I think it's OK to have an ST for this game (and could try my best to explain why, if that would be useful!), but obviously I don't want to do it if the ActiBlizz connection is going to rub people the wrong way.

When (if) GoldenEye 64 gets re-released, regardless of platform, I'd like to do an ST for it. I already have a very comprehensive GoldenEye/Perfect Dark thread that I've posted on other forums, and it would only need minor updates + taking out the PD section to make it an ST.

Should I post this tomorrow or on release day? :)

Any issue with including a section to collect the friend codes of everyone who wants to play GoldenEye online?
these are common. usually done with a hidden tag [hide]blabla[/hide]to make the list invisible to unregistered users

looks like this

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

I know I can't make an actual claim yet, but if the fabled Metroid Prime remaster does end up actually existing, consider this post my expression of interest. I handled Dread's ST last year, and the more Metroid STs I get to work on, the better.
Putting this together now. Due to the shadow drop, it'll be a quick and dirty at first, but I'll improve upon it later today.

How will be The Super Mario Bros. Movie discussion handled? Will there be something like spoiler thread? The movie releases in 2 places on March 31st, then on April 5th in some European countries, followed by more European countries on 6th and then finally US release on April 7th. So, I guess it will be best to do around the time of April 6th (?).

The Super Mario Bros. Movie by @LukasManak22 (February 21, 2023)
April 6th, 2023

How will be The Super Mario Bros. Movie discussion handled? Will there be something like spoiler thread? The movie releases in 2 places on March 31st, then on April 5th in some European countries, followed by more European countries on 6th and then finally US release on April 7th. So, I guess it will be best to do around the time of April 6th (?).

The Super Mario Bros. Movie by @LukasManak22 (February 21, 2023)
April 6th, 2023
why post it late? it comes out March 30/31st so that's when the thread should go live

anyone who hasn't seen it shouldn't go in there and find out in a review thread if they should, if that's what they would be talking about in a movie thread without having seen it, imo^^

I'll probably do a Project Zero 4/Fatal Frame ST for Thursday, I'm still deciding rn but I'll probably do that one as continuity from my Maiden of Black Water threads, given that nobody has claimed it here yet. I'll edit in the proper claim if/when I do, just wanted to give a heads up in case anyone was thinking they really wanna do it.
Since the release is now set, are you back on for this one? I've moved the shelved claim into its April 21st slot in the index.

I'll probably do a Project Zero 4/Fatal Frame ST for Thursday, I'm still deciding rn but I'll probably do that one as continuity from my Maiden of Black Water threads, given that nobody has claimed it here yet. I'll edit in the proper claim if/when I do, just wanted to give a heads up in case anyone was thinking they really wanna do it.

Since the release is now set, are you back on for this one? I've moved the shelved claim into its April 21st slot in the index.
Yes I am! I've been waiting for this literally since the inception of this board, I just couldn't find this thread after it moved.

Back
Top Bottom