• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic The ST |ST| Volunteer & Coordinate & Collaborate on StarTopics

Okay, look, I'm going to DM (or PM? Not sure which one we use here) other people that have expressed interest in my The Legend of Zelda ST.

Like soon-ish. Probably lunch or something.

Anyone want to still throw their hat in the ring?

So I'm getting ready to relocate to a different country for a year and that's also stressing me and causing some anxiety and the like; even though it's an exciting thing, it's also making me really nervous. Especially after 2 years of pandemic time where I've lived with my parents and the family dog and will now be relocating on my own.

Something I'd been thinking of doing - to encourage me to post more in the forum, to help me as I move, and to hopefully help others - was to start a Daily Check-in Thread where people can pop in to let everyone know how they're doing. We do some of that here anyway, but maybe a dedicated space to chat and empathise and show support or celebrate when things are good would be useful, too?
Considering making a Daily Check-In Star Topic for The Roost, as described above. Thoughts?

I changed the date and pushed it back a week later.

I... honestly should've considered the fact that a lot of projects and events were intersecting with one another (never mind my university work). 🤪

But, err yeah, it's been edited:

I changed the date and pushed it back a week later.

I... honestly should've considered the fact that a lot of projects and events were intersecting with one another (never mind my university work). 🤪

But, err yeah, it's been edited:

you know you don't need to worry about super specific dates with community threads like this, right?

Since we don't have a Yakuza ST, I was wondering if it'd be possible to make one. I know @Derachi talked about making it, so don't wanna steal the idea, though.

When (if) GoldenEye 64 gets re-released, regardless of platform, I'd like to do an ST for it. I already have a very comprehensive GoldenEye/Perfect Dark thread that I've posted on other forums, and it would only need minor updates + taking out the PD section to make it an ST.

I know I can't make an actual claim yet, but if the fabled Metroid Prime remaster does end up actually existing, consider this post my expression of interest. I handled Dread's ST last year, and the more Metroid STs I get to work on, the better.

I know I can't make an actual claim yet, but if the fabled Metroid Prime remaster does end up actually existing, consider this post my expression of interest. I handled Dread's ST last year, and the more Metroid STs I get to work on, the better.
Speaking of, a general Metroid ST would also be neat to have.

If no one else is planning on doing it, I'd like to put a claim in for BitSummit X. Show starts August 6th but I'm going to be traveling that weekend so I'd like to get it up on August 3rd if that's ok. It's going to be a quick and dirty one but I'm personally excited for this show and I think it's definitely relevant to this forum

BitSummit X by @shoptroll (July 29 2022) August 3 2022

Can Nintendo give us Zelda news again so I can have an excuse to create a The Legend of Zelda ST?!

Or... do I have to take matters... into my own hands...

(Epic foreshadowing.)

If nobody else is willing to make an ST for The DioField Chronicle, I am open to making it. Doubt I will get it anywhere close to release, but I strongly feel like it should have one.

If nobody else is willing to make an ST for The DioField Chronicle, I am open to making it. Doubt I will get it anywhere close to release, but I strongly feel like it should have one.
Have given this some more thought, and with the next few weeks being busy for me, I just can not commit to making the ST, so I am not going to claim it.

Are you still working on this? If not, I would love to give it a shot myself, but I definitely don't want to take anything away from you.
I am! Honestly, I'm really sorry it isn't up already, haha. I've been meaning to do it for months, but because I'm usually busy irl, progress has been slow.

I recently came to the realization that the OP I was aiming to create was probably beyond the scope of Fami, so I've decided to just scrap a lot of what I'd already put together. Basically, I wanted to include not just the details about every game, but also development history, lore, fan project highlights, and so on. It all comes from a place of passion for the Metroid series, of course, but it just started to look and feel bloated, and more like a mini fan site (especially with all the graphics), than the opening post of a thread. I've since dialed back those plans, and will instead opt for something simple, and straightforward, iterating if the demand is there.

If it's not up within a week, the thread is officially yours, as it's been too long, and I don't wish to deprive the community of anything for any longer. I think I can get it up within that timeframe, though. Again, I do very much apologize.

I am! Honestly, I'm really sorry it isn't up already, haha. I've been meaning to do it for months, but because I'm usually busy irl, progress has been slow.

I recently came to the realization that the OP I was aiming to create was probably beyond the scope of Fami, so I've decided to just scrap a lot of what I'd already put together. Basically, I wanted to include not just the details about every game, but also development history, lore, fan project highlights, and so on. It all comes from a place of passion for the Metroid series, of course, but it just started to look and feel bloated, and more like a mini fan site (especially with all the graphics), than the opening post of a thread. I've since dialed back those plans, and will instead opt for something simple, and straightforward, iterating if the demand is there.

If it's not up within a week, the thread is officially yours, as it's been too long, and I don't wish to deprive the community of anything for any longer. I think I can get it up within that timeframe, though. Again, I do very much apologize.

No need to apologize! Good luck with the thread, you can take as much time as you need. I'm excited to see it!

I know I don't actually need to claim anything as per the rules, but just thought I would serve notice that I am indeed working on a general Pokemon ST, to be up sometime in October, at the latest a month before Scarlet & Violet.

Dunno if I actually need to do this for something like an amiibo ST, but just in case…

amiibo |ST| by Tye (September 8, 2022)

I’m trying to work on an amiibo ST, and I made some images for it, but I’m not sure what the best place to host them would be… Any suggestions? I tied Imgur, but it turned some of my PNGs into JPGs… Then I tried to make a Discord server to host images in since a lot of people seem to do that, but they’re not showing up when I embed them for some reason… I’ve heard good things about abload.de but the site is entirely in German and I just don’t have the patience to deal with that right now, lol. Anyone know of any other options for hosting large images without compromising their quality or anything?

Also kinda still not sure what I’m gonna do for the actual text of the ST yet… Only have the images I made so far, which are a visual list of all announced amiibo.

I’m trying to work on an amiibo ST, and I made some images for it, but I’m not sure what the best place to host them would be… Any suggestions? I tied Imgur, but it turned some of my PNGs into JPGs… Then I tried to make a Discord server to host images in since a lot of people seem to do that, but they’re not showing up when I embed them for some reason… I’ve heard good things about abload.de but the site is entirely in German and I just don’t have the patience to deal with that right now, lol. Anyone know of any other options for hosting large images without compromising their quality or anything?
Flickr is perfect, imo. I've used it for years. You'll need to make an account, but I believe free accounts can host up to 1000 images, and there's no quality compromise. The massive image I made for the Metroid Dread ST is hosted on Flickr. No issues.

Quoted by: Tye
Flickr is perfect, imo. I've used it for years. You'll need to make an account, but I believe free accounts can host up to 1000 images, and there's no quality compromise. The massive image I made for the Metroid Dread ST is hosted on Flickr. No issues.
Just tried it, but unfortunately it seems that Flickr turns all PNGs into JPGs. Probably fine for most images but since my images depict literally all 834+ amiibo I want there to be the least amount of quality loss possible, because each individual amiibo is already quite small in the images.

Just tried it, but unfortunately it seems that Flickr turns all PNGs into JPGs. Probably fine for most images but since my images depict literally all 834+ amiibo I want there to be the least amount of quality loss possible, because each individual amiibo is already quite small in the images.
Hmm, that's weird. I know for certain they aren't converting my pngs into jpegs (the image I linked above is a png). Try uploading an image, clicking Photostream (under You, in the top bar) clicking the Share Photo icon on an image (located in the bottom right), going to Embed, selecting Original for the size (from the drop down menu), and copying that code. Then, simply paste that code into your post, and delete everything but the actual link itself.

Here's what that box looks like:

0EJkdmH.png

Quoted by: Tye

Back
Top Bottom