• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Shin Megami Tensei V - Pre-release Discussion Thread

Are you hyped??

• Yes

Votes: 167 74.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • The option that'll lead to me failing this negotiation after spending half my Macca and 5 Life Stone

Votes: 47 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NabiscoFelt

CrossCode superfan
Pronouns
he/him
Since I have a Nahobino avatar, it probably falls to me to make the first SMT V Famiboards thread (unless someone posts one before I finish typing this up)

SMT V releases globally on November 11th, 2021. Here's a bunch of trailers.

Will you be picking up SMT V? What do you think of what Atlus has shown so far? Will the series finally get that elusive Western Success (TM)? Will Nahobino will Best Hair at the TGAs? These are the questions this thread serves to probably answer

And here's some more media stuff

Youtube's Closed Captioning will give you English subs here

Megami Tensei is one of my favorite series and I like a lot the mainline games. I can't wait to kill deities again.

gT6Oeq.gif

gT6p80.gif

The game honestly looks fantastic for an Atlus project.

Just posting to say I’m getting this game day one. I love the series. Not watching videos because I feel like they’re overshowing it.

I'm so, so hyped. After my first touch with Persona 5. It will be my first experience with the main saga Shin Megami Tensei.

Can't wait!

Doing my part: Got the physical CE preordered at Amazon for a while now!

Super excited. Also everyone be sure to tune into the TGS stream at 8:40 AM EST tomorrow morning

After completing SMT V I am ready for all of that demon goodness

Sadist just casually flexing that he beat it already 😆

Definitely looking forward to the game! I think the fact it's so close in release to pokemon and that they take up similar spots in the schedule for me has been keeping it in check but yeah, I'm feeling good. All of the footage has been wonderful, I even felt good about the dub trailer.

Low key port beg for DDS after this :D

English Preview for SMT V

The Preview doesn't really give us much, but I like hearing them saying the performance is good. I get the fear many had, but I also knew the build they showed at E3 was really old. It only made sense they would optimize it further as the game gets closer to release.

Also, I have a feeling that the early area only showed us a glimpse of the game.

Also as the game gets closer to release I can make the main OT for the game if anyone doesn't mind.

Also, I wouldn't mind any help as well in regards to what people want in the OT. Like extra info especially for people who are new to the series. I want to put as much info into the OT as possible lol.

Hell yeah im excited. Been waiting on this game SINCE the Switch reveal and its almost here. It's been a long road.

I'm curious about what Atlus may show tomorrow at TGS in regards to SMT V.

Like what will they focus on for the gameplay?

Sadist just casually flexing that he beat it already 😆

Definitely looking forward to the game! I think the fact it's so close in release to pokemon and that they take up similar spots in the schedule for me has been keeping it in check but yeah, I'm feeling good. All of the footage has been wonderful, I even felt good about the dub trailer.

Low key port beg for DDS after this :D
Oops lol I meant III

Divine Principality

Fallen Flauros next

We also see Koropukkuru for the first time here

Also, did they just show off a remix of Nocturne's battle theme at the TGS showcase?

It sounds incredibly familiar and it's great.

Loved the mid-boss theme and that Oni seemed pretty challenging for a side-quest boss that was of equal or lower level to MC

So excited for this game. It looks to be super ambitious and a major step forward for the series. Hopefully its reception and sales are good enough to reward that effort.

Apparently demo will be out on the japanese eshop in an hour or so, hope someone can datamine it to find some new info

Side note does anyone know how to search SMT V on the japanese eshop, having some trouble

Wait, a demo? I have some Gold Points, so I will have to make a new account lol

My most hyped game of the year, and the only one with a real shot at dethroning NEO: The World Ends With You as my personal game of the year. I have the special edition pre-ordered and can't wait.

They have really been nailing the marketing in this game.

Extremely excited to see a Megami Tensei game getting this kind of attention and reception. It honestly feels like just the right time and place for the IP, and I hope V allows other people to come to love it as well.

Had mentioned it briefly on Discord, but also was hyped to see Cerberus with that glow up. Brought up some fond (?) memories of playing early SMT and rolling around with Pascal.

If the Oni demon sidequest is the type of demon quests we are getting I think we are gonna be eating good.

This will be GOTY no contest
Definitely feel there's a good argument for it to be a contender! Been feeling tempted to replay Kyuuyaku and/or SMT I+II sometime this year, but I've been adoring all of the marketing for V and chose to just enjoy the ride and not take a chance of burning myself out before release day.

I have a pre-order for that limited edition and I left state I lived in recently suddenly and I’m afraid to change the address lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom