• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion The 'Show Off Your Cooking'/Recipe Sharing thread!

Fireblend

Newtype
Pronouns
He/Him
I thought we should have a thread to show off our culinary achievements, share recipes we like and such. I myself didn't cook much until a couple years ago, when I moved into the house I have now with an actual kitchen and an oven. I've particularly gotten into bread baking, mostly with a sourdough culture I keep.

Here are some pics alongside the recipes I've followed:

Sourdough bread (recipe here):
IMG_20210103_200943.jpg

Sourdough bagels (recipe here, bonus pic: a breakfast bagel):
E8T3QnKXEAIBviq

Pizza with sourdough crust (recipe here, the pizza is baked on an Ooni pizza oven, one of my favorite purchases this year):
IMG-20210815-WA0014.jpg

Before I started with sourdough, I did a lot of the recipes found in Bonnie Ohara's Bread Baking for Beginners, which is also a really good resource in case anyone wants to get into bread baking but is intimidated by having to maintain a sourdough starter.

I would have made a bread baking thread but I'm not sure there's enough interest for one, and I love all sorts of food/would like to try expanding my cooking horizons so I'd be happy to see what y'all have come up with or recommend! Share way!

So um... how exactly do I upload photos?
Gotta upload them somewhere first, then use the image button and provide the url. Try imgur.

(What I do is I have a discord server I upload stuff to and just grab the link from there like it's my personal file hosting service lol)

From like a month ago but I'm really happy with how this turned out

img-20210906-wa0008j6jeb.jpeg
img_20210906_18181608fckq1.jpg
I *love* the look of this! I haven't messed much with enriched bread myself but I did make babka once and it turned out pretty good.

To celebrate my birthday today I made for the first time moqueca and poutine:

20211010_162443.jpg

20211010_162547.jpg
That poutine looks great (I've had poutine like twice in my life, loved it both times) and the plating on the moqueca is immaculate damn. Also happy birthday!

That poutine looks great (I've had poutine like twice in my life, loved it both times) and the plating on the moqueca is immaculate damn. Also happy birthday!
Thanks!

Although there are some things that could be done to improve the poutine, I'm quite satisfied with how it turned out.
In regards to the moqueca, it ended up non-traditional since I don't have a clay pot to cook it nor a bowl necessary to serve it (but yeah I spent some time cleaning the plate so I could take that photo, thank you for recognizing the effort).
Also I added the wiki entry for moqueca in the original post if anyone is curious about it!

@Anjoface Damn that moqueca looks amazing. I've made it a couple of times before but yours looks way better than mine ever did!

I *love* the look of this! I haven't messed much with enriched bread myself but I did make babka once and it turned out pretty good.
Oh man babka... Maybe one day haha

Back
Top Bottom