• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion The Semi-Annual Pants-to-Shorts/Shorts-to-Pants transition: Weird for anyone else? Or just me?

Derachi

Fresh Eater
Founder
Pronouns
he/him
I just put a pair of jeans of for the first time in ohhh let’s say 6 ish months. It feels so weird! Just about as weird as wearing shorts for the first time when it warms up. Anyone else get what I mean? My legs… they feel so trapped.

Also: is it just me or is it a one-way switch? As soon as the pants are out, the shorts go away for 6ish months, and vice versa.

The bigger problem I have is I'll dress without actually checking the weather and end up walking outside in shorts and a t-shirt and suddenly realizing I'm underdressed for the temperature.

I made my peace with my shorts about a week ago. It's not quite at the level where I'm comfortable in pants but I'm willing to suffer through rather than dig out my shorts again.

Jeans in Summer?
Shorts in Winter?

Sounds like y’all live in way more consistent temperatures than me haha

Unfortunately im a skinny jeans guy year round

Except for the unbearable days that require shorts

I am… let’s put it this way: not built for skinny jeans hahaha

adult-penguin-costume-mens-ladies-unisex-festive-christmas-fancy-dress.jpg

I wear jeans 99% of the year, shorts only for super hot days where I'll spend a lot of time outside.

Where's my twill pants/dickies peeps at! No need for shorts or jeans

I'm fine with switching to shorts, but going the other way is always uncomfortable. It's particularly bad this year as I seem to have gained weight...

I live in southern California so it's shorts weather all year round here.

Waking up freezing cold. Puts on pants but by noon, it's freaking hot out. Switch to shorts. At bed time, it's still too hot to put on the comforter. Wake up in the morning, back to freezing.

Waking up freezing cold. Puts on pants but by noon, it's freaking hot out. Switch to shorts. At bed time, it's still too hot to put on the comforter. Wake up in the morning, back to freezing.
Such bullshit

I have no idea how you dress yourself but putting on your pants first and then shorts on top is normal dressing behaviour. No reason for it to feel weird.

Back
Top Bottom