• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic The Religion and Theology |ST|

Jarate

Rattata
Pronouns
He/Him

Welcome to one of the most contentious and sometimes personal discussion topics in human history.

Good starting resource for reading varied religious texts from ALL OVER THE GLOBE

If you're mostly interested in a good resource for non Islamic Abrahamic texts that ARENT CANON

Please be considerate of other peoples beliefs systems. Their Faith should only be made fun of if it justifies bad behavior. On the opposite end, just because you have faith that there isn't a god or supernatural shouldnt overway other persons faith.

dYFMDUh.jpg

I have been meaning to read the bible. Not for spiritual reasons, but its so foundational to western art and culture that I think it would be interesting

The Bible is a way better book when you understand the context of when and why it was "written" especially the old testament. It's a pretty long book, but is a really good resource for reading the bibble.

I've beem debating which translation to read. A modern one would be more readable, but the KJV has such beautiful and poetic language and was the default for so many centuries.

KJV is preferable if you want to read it culturally. Other ones are better for being "better" translations. KJV is actually a really impressive translation for its time.

KJV is preferable if you want to read it culturally. Other ones are better for being "better" translations. KJV is actually a really impressive translation for its time.
Those were my thoughts. Like, other translations are more accurate to the original text, but KJV had far more influence on the English speaking world as be the canonical bible.

You can skip the parts where they describe in detail how to build the Ark of the Covenant

Welcome to one of the most contentious and sometimes personal discussion topics in human history.

Good starting resource for reading varied religious texts from ALL OVER THE GLOBE

If you're mostly interested in a good resource for non Islamic Abrahamic texts that ARENT CANON

Please be considerate of other peoples beliefs systems. Their Faith should only be made fun of if it justifies bad behavior. On the opposite end, just because you have faith that there isn't a god or supernatural shouldnt overway other persons faith.

dYFMDUh.jpg

That website is a very cool resource for all the religions.
Looks like it haves a lot of content and books/documents about the different religions.

A lot of religions seem to center on the belief of an afterlife.

But would you like to live forever?
You must drink from Lethe, the river of forgetfulness before being given a second chance at life, so due to perception you'll never remember your previous life. This is why you must strive to break the painful cycle of rebirth and attain karmic perfection

I'm reading a book on Genesis right now, and I forgot how silly Genesis is as a story sometimes

Abraham went to Egypt, and pretended his wife was his sister so that the Egyptian population wouldn't kill him to take his wife. The Egyptian king sees the 70+ year old beauty and immediately took her, and then the king got yelled at by god, to which he was like, "Bro, don't fuck another man's wife." The king is obviously flustered and like, "bro I did not know, Moses never told me, why are you mad at me?" And ends up returning Sara to Abraham.

Btw this happens two more separate times in Genesis, and it's done again by Abraham with the same exact results. His son, Isaac also does it with his wife.

The Old Testament early writing is GOAted. Only thing in the New Testament that can compete is Revelations

Isaac's name literally is a pun for, "to laugh" so his name is literally something like, "he who laughs"
hPGtgBE.jpg

It's literally just this panel lol

Back
Top Bottom