• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News The Plucky Squire (All Possible Futures x Devolver Digital) coming to PC and consoles in 2024 (UPDATE: Mine Puzzle gameplay trailer, see threadmarks)

This was game of the day. Might be game of all the summer shows when all is said and done. The visuals and creativity in gameplay mechanics reminds me of a Nintendo game. Incredible showing.

This is the game James Turner was referring to in his tweet announcing that he formed a game studio with a friend. Looks incredible. Also looks like some of the things he's shared doodles of over the years have been incorporated into the game (e.g., the DJ wizard feels like something I've seen before).

Congrats to James and his team, the game looks great

Oh wow.

So I can get excited for games again... honestly what a relief. :LOL:

This looks incredible.

Incredible production values compared to his older titles. Also you can guess what 3DS game Turner's been messing with lately.

While I’m sad James will no longer be at GameFreak this looks amazing and I’m definitely excited

It reminds me a little bit of Harmoknights now that I think about it :)

Trailer was stunning, I hope it didn't show too much :D

James Turner making good games now that he left game freak 🤭

/s
Not even /s honestly. Art looks incredible and I hope it's a way better job for him even though I loved the art direction (not the actual technical implementation of the graphics, that's a different thing) of Sword/Shield.

Hm looks good and all but what if it was a Sci-Fi Space Horror Shooter? /s

On a serious note, wow this game looks creative and varied as hell, really interested to see how it shapes out

Even though James is responsible for Vanillite and Sinistea and their evos… I suppose his other contributions outweigh them

and this just looks so damn sick! seriously the level of a direct megaton for me, I wish Nintendo was doing more small scale stuff like this!!!

This went from "oh neat, a 2D action-adventure with a lot of variety, I'll definitely keep an eye on it" to "I need this game yesterday" with the book transition

I'm stunned at how much variety they had in this short trailer alone

This looks incredible. It reminds me of RPG Time: The Legend of Wright! which just came and went.

This looks very promising, and showed a strong sense of James Turner style after Pokemon Trozei (DS), Harmoknight, and Tembo.

The platform choice for this is interesting: even though many titles are content with cross PS4/Xbox One to complement the PS5/Xbox Series, this one notably excluded the former, leaving the Switch version as the one with a comparable power level. It reminds me of another game helmed by James Turner, Tembo the Badass Elephant, which notably excluded all Nintendo platforms (not even gaining a Switch port later!), so now this game excluded the previous gen platforms in favour of the current ones only.

Thank you for reading.

The game looks like his twitter doodles come to life. Absolutely stunning.

Bit concerned how this will run/look on Switch if it’s next gen console only for the other systems but this looks great and I’m keen to learn more.

This was the game of the day fore yesterday, looked so clean in 2D and then the jolt to a toybox like 3D world after jumping out the book was fantastic.

So many great Indies and smaller titles in Devolver's and Day of the Devs show, put the 2 hour long space horror fest to shame

This looks incredible. Gives me some major It Takes Two vibes, but a lot prettier. Will be a day 1 buy for me.

This looks absolutely incredible. Probably the first time I’ve been genuinely excited for a game in a long time.

Back
Top Bottom