• Hey Guest! As we are sure you are aware, Russia has invaded Ukraine. Check out our pinned thread in the Roost for resources on how to support Ukraine in their ongoing crisis. Let's show our solidarity with the Ukrainian people!

News The Plucky Squire (All Possible Futures x Devolver Digital) coming to PC and consoles in 2023

Rustyspider13

Piranha Plant
Pronouns
He/Him
This was game of the day. Might be game of all the summer shows when all is said and done. The visuals and creativity in gameplay mechanics reminds me of a Nintendo game. Incredible showing.

ze_

Tektite
This is the game James Turner was referring to in his tweet announcing that he formed a game studio with a friend. Looks incredible. Also looks like some of the things he's shared doodles of over the years have been incorporated into the game (e.g., the DJ wizard feels like something I've seen before).

E.Gadd

Like Like
Pronouns
He/Him
Oh wow.

So I can get excited for games again... honestly what a relief. :LOL:

This looks incredible.

9-Volt

Tingle
Pronouns
he/him
Incredible production values compared to his older titles. Also you can guess what 3DS game Turner's been messing with lately.

MasterGold

Rattata
Pronouns
He/Him
While I’m sad James will no longer be at GameFreak this looks amazing and I’m definitely excited

Olinad

A Courageous Little Animal
Pronouns
He/Him
It reminds me a little bit of Harmoknights now that I think about it :)

Trailer was stunning, I hope it didn't show too much :D

Hylianhero777

Piranha Plant
Pronouns
He/Him
James Turner making good games now that he left game freak 🤭

/s
Not even /s honestly. Art looks incredible and I hope it's a way better job for him even though I loved the art direction (not the actual technical implementation of the graphics, that's a different thing) of Sword/Shield.

NabiscoFelt

CrossCode superfan
Pronouns
he/him
FamiGold
Hm looks good and all but what if it was a Sci-Fi Space Horror Shooter? /s

On a serious note, wow this game looks creative and varied as hell, really interested to see how it shapes out

totofogo

irritating LGBT character
Pronouns
he/him 🏳️‍🌈
Even though James is responsible for Vanillite and Sinistea and their evos… I suppose his other contributions outweigh them

and this just looks so damn sick! seriously the level of a direct megaton for me, I wish Nintendo was doing more small scale stuff like this!!!

NabiscoFelt

CrossCode superfan
Pronouns
he/him
FamiGold
This went from "oh neat, a 2D action-adventure with a lot of variety, I'll definitely keep an eye on it" to "I need this game yesterday" with the book transition

I'm stunned at how much variety they had in this short trailer alone

Phabh

I'm a potato
This looks incredible. It reminds me of RPG Time: The Legend of Wright! which just came and went.

winstein

Octorok
This looks very promising, and showed a strong sense of James Turner style after Pokemon Trozei (DS), Harmoknight, and Tembo.

The platform choice for this is interesting: even though many titles are content with cross PS4/Xbox One to complement the PS5/Xbox Series, this one notably excluded the former, leaving the Switch version as the one with a comparable power level. It reminds me of another game helmed by James Turner, Tembo the Badass Elephant, which notably excluded all Nintendo platforms (not even gaining a Switch port later!), so now this game excluded the previous gen platforms in favour of the current ones only.

Thank you for reading.

ITSMILNER

Moblin
Bit concerned how this will run/look on Switch if it’s next gen console only for the other systems but this looks great and I’m keen to learn more.

Pronouns
He/Him
This was the game of the day fore yesterday, looked so clean in 2D and then the jolt to a toybox like 3D world after jumping out the book was fantastic.

So many great Indies and smaller titles in Devolver's and Day of the Devs show, put the 2 hour long space horror fest to shame

Sturmgeist

Resident Hollow Knight Superfan
Pronouns
He/Him
This looks incredible. Gives me some major It Takes Two vibes, but a lot prettier. Will be a day 1 buy for me.

Top Bottom