• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic The Official "Guess the Subtitle for the Sequel to Breath of the Wild" Thread

I suspect that the orb is a representation of Zelda, similar to how she was portrayed in BOTW as a disembodied voice coming from a light within Hyrule Castle.
oh wow if that’s the case I think I might hate it

I suspect that the orb is a representation of Zelda, similar to how she was portrayed in BOTW as a disembodied voice coming from a light within Hyrule Castle.
Yeah, it's got the same colour. Would hope they don't, though. Not having a companion character was great, and I'm not particularly fond of either the Japanese or the English voice acting.

also i'm still holding out a tiny bit of hope for playable zelda

The Legend of Zelda : Rise of the Winds

I'm ashamed it took me 20 minutes to come up with this. This is one of those things that everything SOUNDS silly until it's an official name.

We need some more titles that start with the same letter, here's some, none are my official guess (which was the Future Forebearer);

• Vambraces Vow
  • Before the Beginning
  • Magic and Malice

The Legend of Zelda: The Corrupt Grasp

I think it won't follow the X of Y format, but be a name of an item. The arm/hand thing is probably the best contender for that. The Corrupt Grasp following the format of The Wind Waker.

Last edited:
The Legend of Zelda: Silent Princess

Maybe Zelda falling to the void in that first second trailer will have a deeper meaning? At least more than β€œZelda is missing so go find her”

Last edited:
The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Heavens

Originally I was thinking "Breath Of The Sky" with the Skyward Sword-esque aspects that were teased, and I guess that sounds alright, but in the days of yore "the heavens" was used synonymously with the sky. "Breath Of The Heavens" has a bit more gravitas, especially if they delve more into the lore of the goddesses.

Last edited:
The Legend of Zelda: Radiant Rewinder

Aonuma (I think) said they did not want to reveal the title yet because it would spoil too much. Since it is assumed the rewind mechanic is going to be a pretty big deal, and given they haven't revealed any details on it, I decided to put Rewinder in the title. "Radiant" is because that's the only cool sounding adjective with R I could think of, and I was going for the "same initials" pattern of Wind Waker and Skyward Sword.

Originally I was thinking "Breath Of The Sky" with the Skyward Sword-esque aspects that were teased, and I guess that sounds alright, but in the days of yore "the heavens" was used synonymously with the sky. "Breath Of The Heavens" has a bit more gravitas, especially if they delve more into the lore of the goddesses.
You know what, this might be very spot on if they do decide to keep it as close to Breath of the Wild as possible.

I'll just use this topic to leak that there are TWO versions. One is Death of the Wild and the other is Birth of the Wild. The only difference is the title screen and what color shirt Link is wearing in the opening cutscene.

The Legend of Zelda: The Great Cataclysm

This comes from a line in A Link to the Past that captured my imagination as a kid. I've been waiting for a Zelda game about it and/or the imprisoning war ever since.

Last edited:
The Legend of Zelda: Radiant Rewinder

Aonuma (I think) said they did not want to reveal the title yet because it would spoil too much. Since it is assumed the rewind mechanic is going to be a pretty big deal, and given they haven't revealed any details on it, I decided to put Rewinder in the title. "Radiant" is because that's the only cool sounding adjective with R I could think of, and I was going for the "same initials" pattern of Wind Waker and Skyward Sword.
You forgot Majora's Mask.

Based on what I saw, I'll steal the name of a popular french Zelda youtuber and say:
The Legend of Zelda : Spiritual Salvation.

I's not very likely considering there's already a "SS" (Skyward Sword) Zelda game, but we never know.

I do like this but strongly doubt Nintendo would include breath in the title again....
So I'll remix it to The Legend of Zelda: A Heavenly Whim

Funnily, I am actually more curious about the subtitle than about seeing a new trailer. I try not to watch too many videos / trailers for games of major Nintendo franchises (Zelda, Mario, Metroid, and a few others), as all I need to know is that they are coming out. I don't need to be convinced into buying them and I don't want to see much before I play them.

But the title is different. I want to know it! :ROFLMAO:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2: Skyward Sword 2

More seriously though,

The Legend of Zelda: Two Breaths Entwined Through Time

Do you all think that they are considering how hard the words are to pronounce for people in non-english-speaking territories? Or how easy to translate they are?

β€œHeaven/heavens” is absolutely a word I think could appear in the title. I don’t think Sky will be there, it would be weird to use a word from a previous title. I guess β€œHeaven’s (insert main gameplay thing)”

Am sure that in mid 2019 they didn't even had a subtitle.
Maybe not finalized and translated, but I’m 99.9% sure they had a working subtitle.

By the time they’re marketing enough to show a teaser trailer, especially Nintendo, there’s so much already going on for it.

They knew the plot, otherwise they wouldn’t have showed an in-game opening teaser animation. So if nothing else, they had a few ready to choose between / do initial localization and trademark checks on.

Whatever name we hear between now and next spring has been cooking since potentially 2015, probably narrowed down by 2017 / 2018, and most likely selected by 2019.

What am I basing this on? mostly assumption but c’mon

The Legend Of Zelda: Hylian Champion.

The most electrifying game in all of entertainment. Then. Now. Forever.

I feel like it’s really hard to predict the title because of the whole β€œspoiler” thing. I think it’s a gameplay mechanic spoiler, and who knows what that would be

The Legend of Zelda: Tear of the Wild

I think the game's title will reference the weird phasing mechanic we saw in the last trailer and it kinda resembled a tear so yeah... It could also be interpreted as a tear on the space-time fabric or whatever in case the game has time travelling as well. Not particularly convinced of the "of the Wild" part but I dunno.
The closest out of three pages of guesses! Nice one!

I think the game's title will reference the weird phasing mechanic we saw in the last trailer and it kinda resembled a tear so yeah... It could also be interpreted as a tear on the space-time fabric or whatever in case the game has time travelling as well. Not particularly convinced of the "of the Wild" part but I dunno.

Almost!

I think it’s gonna be something like Tears of the Kingdom

edit: just realized I’m the first one to post the correct guess, nice

Damn

Even got the double meaning ! And I forgot that the phasing mechanic resembled a teardrop - it did even look like Link was 'swimming' through the rock. Very nice.

I'm glad the game didn't keep the 'of the Wild' subtitle. "Kingdom" is a nice contrast to the idea of a wilderness. I don't remember anyone guessing Kingdom, I do remember "The Forgotten King", as a Ganondorf reference. And it'd be a hard guess since the early teasers only showed hints of a civilization. Though in this case I think even Kingdom is a double meaning, referring both to Hyrule and the ancient Kingdom.

@jnWake coming up clutch to make Famiboards look good. You need a prize.

Back
Top Bottom