• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic The Official "Guess the Subtitle for the Sequel to Breath of the Wild" Thread

When i saw this thread I knew it'd be chock-full of stupid look at me being funny and irreverent names, rather than sincere attempts at the threadstarters intent.

So for those who did try to do it justice, you're appreciated.

To those who didn't, the humor never lands. Ever.

My own attempt: The legend of Zelda: The Gale of the Graceless.

Taking into account the corrupted arm and the free fall mechanic.

When i saw this thread I knew it'd be chock-full of stupid look at me being funny and irreverent names, rather than sincere attempts at the threadstarters intent.

In all honesty, I was genuinely shocked that the first post under the OP was not "Breath of the Darkness."

The Legend of Zelda: Calamity Rises

Who knows. Going off of the first trailer with Gabon apparently resurrecting and then the castle lifting up.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Future
Guessing time travel, sky or the weird arm being part of the title. Runner up is TLoZ: Skyward Arm!

The Legend of Zelda: Call of the Void

Why? It's a play on what happens after you take a breath, the concept of the call of the abyss is commonly associated with the sublime which was one of BotW's core themes, and referencing the void allows it to play on both underground caverns and flying islands while also hinting towards the evil darkness infecting Hyrule again. And like Breath of the Wild it's more than a little weird and clunky

the only things we know for a fact:

1. The title has to do with a core mechanic of the game that has not yet been officially revealed

2. It's not called "Breath of the Wild 2"

Given the above, I think it will have something to do with the "passing through" mechanic outlined in the patents.

The Legend of Zelda: Ooze of Time

New mechanic: Oozing

In a sentence: I am oozing your ass back to the time Hyrule was created.

DLoiQgu.gif

The Legend of Zelda: Ooze of Time

New mechanic: Oozing

In a sentence: I am oozing your ass back to the time Hyrule was created.

DLoiQgu.gif
Sorry, I had to:

The debate rages on about whether the title will retain BotW's "_____ of the _____" format, so you know what that means:
The Legend of Zelda: Secret of the Ooze

Decided to elaborate on Groose'n USA, because I really think I've got a winner here.
  • Groose returns! Is the very same Groose from Skyward Sword, hundreds of thousands of years ago? If so, how is that possible? Does it matter, though? It's Groose, his name is legend. Maybe he lay dormant in the Sky Realm to endure the millenia. Maybe it's his descendant.
  • Anyway, Link and Zelda are venturing through Hyrule together. They have been tipped off by a mysterious cloaked figure that the source of the Calamity lies hidden beneath, "somewhere." Hyrule is a vast realm, and without any more details to go with, our heroes decide to make use of Link's Master Cycle to get around more quickly — it has a side car, now.
  • Early on in the game, the duo is being ambushed by Groose, who steals the Master Cycle. Things start to get weird from there on out.
  • Link and Zelda find Ganondorf's corpse in a cave, basically the scenes from the first teaser. They get separated, Link gets a magical arm and travels to the Sky Realm.
  • Ground, sky — but wait, there's more. The ominous "beyond" turns out to be a slew of alternate Hyrules, one of which resembles our world. Or rather, if our world consisted entirely of a US-inspired city. They did it before with New Donk City, why wouldn't they do it again?
  • This is where Link runs into Groose again, who challenges him to a series of races, giving Link the chance to win back his Master Cycle. Why would he need it so desperately anyway? Well, with Hyrule Castle soaring in the skies now and Ganondorf's magical barrier in place — you know, the one that prevents Link from simply phasing up there — the only way for Link to reach the final dungeon is to jump to it with his Master Cycle, using Hyrule's longest ramp.

The Legend of Zelda: Dual Destiny

No, I'm not letting go of the assumption that Zelda might have a bigger role. Though Dual could also apply to Link and Ganon.
Whichever is the first mainline game to have Zelda playable had better be called:
The Legend of Zelda: The Zelda of Legend

I don't think they'll go with "X of the Y" again. Although you'd want the brand recognition, I think Nintendo wants a clear division of the two titles.

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: ZONAI’S MIRROR

Yes, I do suspect they have that much of a prescence.

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: ENDGAME

jk

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: THE GRAVITY OF TIME

It's pretentious af, I don't like the double "The"'s, and it's not really something they would need to keep secret for so long...other than that, I could be on to something.

rude??

and have you even met threadstarter @Derachi? god-king of hilarious yet thought-through titles?

I’m not gonna go shreddies on this but like fuck pal, this is a forum for discussing video games. we’re kinda overly devoted to the concept of fun. you can’t just dunk on all the goofy titles like there’s no room for humor, even if the jokes tire your ascended sensibilities.

leave luck to heaven and leave room for joy. it doesn’t have to be your own.

I don't anticipate a reused fragment. I don't think it will end in "of Time".

If they want to still relate to time, I'd expect use of the word 'temporal'.

My own attempt: The legend of Zelda: The Gale of the Graceless.

Taking into account the corrupted arm and the free fall mechanic.
These feel ironic back to back lol. "Graceless" is a super weird word choice for that kinda thing that feels colored by Elden Ring.

It also gives off big fake 4chan leak vibes, which at this point I think might just be an inevitable side effect of ending in a -ess word.

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BEGINNING AND END

Reason? Skyward Sword is the FIRST game of LoZ in the timeline, while BOTW is supposed to be the LASTEST/FARTHEST game in the timeline. And it was all directed by the same guy.

Last edited:
The Legend of Zelda: Earth & Sky
My hope is that will you can play as link in the overworld and sky, you can also play as Zelda in the underground.Solving puzzles, unsolving mysteries from the past and maybe also gaining her power back or some spells or magic. I just want to play as Zelda!!

Brb, making some alt accounts to post a couple more subtitle guesses itt.

The only thing that cracks me up about the title is they said they don’t want to reveal it early because it’s a spoiler. So it’s gonna be something like TLoZ: Two Heroes or TLoZ: Link Dies in this One

Back
Top Bottom