• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic The Official "Guess the Subtitle for the Sequel to Breath of the Wild" Thread

Derachi

Fresh Eater
Founder
Pronouns
he/him
Hello! As you're all aware, they're making a sequel to The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild. It's going to have a subtitle!

As in, The Legend of Zelda ____________________.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to accurately guess what combination of words will eventually fill in that blank. To keep this thread nice and clean, here are some rules:
  • For thread clarity: Put your guess at the very top of your post, in large, bold, underlined text.
  • You get ONE guess. Make it count.
  • Your guess has to be UNIQUE. No copying other's title guesses.
  • The time limit is from the moment this thread starts to when the title becomes public knowledge, by way of officially announcement, or leak.
  • Feel free to elaborate on why you chose that guess, or not. That's up to you.
  • You're free to edit your guess up until the deadline.
  • You're free to discuss other people's guesses, but avoid insulting/belittling.
  • If you're going to quote someone else's guess, please revert the text formatting back to default for thread clarity.
  • There will be between ZERO and ONE winner.

The Prize: As of right now, nothing, but if mods/admins are okay with it, I'd love to whip up a unique profile badge that only ONE person, the person who guesses the exact title, can have, knowing full well there's a solid chance no one gets it. Mods, let me know if this is possible or not.

As creator of this thread, I vow to abstain from guessing.

Without further ado, let the guessing begin!

Hello! As you're all aware, they're making a sequel to The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild. It's going to have a subtitle!

As in, The Legend of Zelda ____________________.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to accurately guess what combination of words will eventually fill in that blank. To keep this thread nice and clean, here are some rules:
  • For thread clarity: Put your guess at the very top of your post, in large, bold, underlined text.
  • You get ONE guess. Make it count.
  • Your guess has to be UNIQUE. No copying other's title guesses.
  • The time limit is from the moment this thread starts to when the title becomes public knowledge, by way of officially announcement, or leak.
  • Feel free to elaborate on why you chose that guess, or not. That's up to you.
  • You're free to edit your guess up until the deadline.
  • You're free to discuss other people's guesses, but avoid insulting/belittling.
  • If you're going to quote someone else's guess, please revert the text formatting back to default for thread clarity.
  • There will be between ZERO and ONE winner.

The Prize: As of right now, nothing, but if mods/admins are okay with it, I'd love to whip up a unique profile badge that only ONE person, the person who guesses the exact title, can have, knowing full well there's a solid chance no one gets it. Mods, let me know if this is possible or not.

As creator of this thread, I vow to abstain from guessing.

Without further ado, let the guessing begin!
OMG YOU DID IT! =D

Edit: will be thinking about it, but because Zelda titles are classy AF and I'm... not, I'm not sure I'll do one. So until that moment:

DEATH OF THE WILD

I remember someone suggesting this once upon a time, and it still seems a bit clunky and on the nose, but:

The Legend of Zelda: Hand of Fate

Let's go with something edgy hehehe

Legend of Zelda: Whispers from the Dark

Since there are underground caves and all in the trailer B)

It looks like the sequel takes place in some sort of dark world, like a dark Hyrule or a Hyrule that is headed into darkness.

It also seems as though Zelda will have more of a role in this game.

Therefore, I predict that it will be called:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

The Legend of Zelda: Phoenix of Hyrule

I don't think it's likely, but since guesses have to be unique here's mine

The Legend of Zelda: The Future Forebearer

I don't know, the Italian voice actor leak seems genuine, i.e. a voice acted ancient goron is in the game, and judging by the patents, your arm can revert objects back through time, so time travel seems to be an ability given to you by the arm. That arm might have belonged to the ancient hero/forebearer, so if you can travel back using your magical device on your forearm, you become the forebearer, but you are also the future bearer = future forebearer (yes it's an oxymoron), and the title itself suggests time travel, which maybe is what Bill Trinen wanted to keep secret.

Last edited:
The Legend of Zelda: Wraith's Relic

I really liked Phantom Relic but then remembered Phantom Hourglass, which they certainly don't want to invite comparison to...

The Legend of Zelda: Champions of Time

Actually making a proper guess here. Nintendo's publicly stated that they aren't revealing the title just yet because they believe it will spoil some element of the game we don't know now. As such, it can't be a simple reference to "the sky." I also think this implies that Nintendo isn't going to do a more thematic title this time either as they did for BotW; it'll likely have some explicit reference to the main 'gimmick' of the game. I also don't think Nintendo is going to go the 'sequel naming' route and do a "Breath of " or " of the Wild," thing either; it just sounds bad in a way the "A Link_____" duology didn't.

So what could it be?

Well, there's two distinct Links we see in the various trailers, and it's highly likely that they're from different eras. One from Hyrule's past and one from its present. So, why not reference both those things in the title itself? And why not add a nod towards OoT whilst I'm at it? As such: Champions of Time. This might also be a reference to the villain we see in the first trailer, who could himself be a 'Champion' alongside the two known Links.

The Legend of Zelda: Tear of the Wild

I think the game's title will reference the weird phasing mechanic we saw in the last trailer and it kinda resembled a tear so yeah... It could also be interpreted as a tear on the space-time fabric or whatever in case the game has time travelling as well. Not particularly convinced of the "of the Wild" part but I dunno.

The Legend of Zelda: The Fractured But Whole

The Legend of Zelda:
Rise of the Wild

Because of the sky stuff and even though it probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense to apply a verb like "rise" to a concept like "the wild" but it makes about as much sense as the wild having "breath" so yeah.
Plus it rolls off the tongue pretty well, I think.

The Legend of Zelda: Broken Bonds

The game seems to be all about breaking away from the conventions BOTW set forth. Ganon freed himself from the bond Zelda and Link placed upon him, and Link breaks away from being grounded and takes to the sky. Also it seems like his bond to the master sword gets severed from the most recent footage.

The Legend of Zelda: Hand of Time

We know the title isn't being revealed because of mechanic spoilers, so I combined the magic hand doohickey with the possible time mechanics

If there was any justice in the world it would be called Breath of the Darkness but alas Nintendo would never pick such an avant-garde title

The Legend of Zelda: Rise of the Wild
The Legend of Zelda: Soar in the Wild

Will obviously be not the name, but I see something in this direction

The name will probably also lead into something that this is the same world but different (verticality, revival of Ganon, time). Also once again they will focus on the world like in BotW, so I‘m sure they will have a symbol like the Silent Princess

Edit: No @chocolate_supra you were to fast!!! I‘m an idiot to write my post before checking other answers.

Last edited:
The Legend of Zelda: The Opaline Seal

okay, so hear me out… it’s definitely not going to be this

but I don’t think it’ll be as literal or referential as some of the ones we’ve got. something crucial hasn’t been shown yet — probably several things, tbh

maybe Link gets arm’d and visits the sky and that’s it

or maybe there are several areas that incorporate or reflect key parts of other Zelda games, and there’s a thread between them that we can’t even get a loose handle on yet. The Sky. The Sea. The Wild. Twilight. Darkness.

so far we know:
  • Ganondorf is dehydrated and maybe held down by an arm somewhere
  • Link gets arm merged
  • arm is fancy as hell
  • Zelda falls into a hole
  • there’s land in the sky
  • the Master Sword gets thrashed
  • Link may or may not talk to a spicy orb
  • the castle has a gas leak
so… maybe to seal the dingus for good, there’s some sort of thread that needs to be woven. like the whole world has to be the seal. maybe??

and like maybe the thread is through the most hidden parts of the world

or maybe it’s through time

or maybe it’s through a stack of alternate worlds — dark world mechanics but for the whole thing, shifting in some manner between the sky, the wild, the sea, twilight, darkness, etc.

at this point I’m just making shit up but I really do think the name will reflect something we don’t have enough info to know yet

or fine it’ll be about the arm but that’s less shitposty

The Leg: Two Leg and an Arm Walk Into the Sky

guys they did the arm because of the leg

another victory for shitposts

The Legend of Zelda: Turrican of the Wild

When Link uses his Sheikah tablet, he opens a rift in time and space.

Space.
The Final Fight.
The Payment’s Day.

When the cries of Zelda goes throught the rift of time, Bren McGuire knows he must enter the rift to save the innocent. Equipped with his Turrican Assault Suit 5, he enters Hyrule. Link, so amazed by Bren’s awesomness, gives his the Master Sword and his tablet and goes exploring space.

The Legend Of Zelda: Echoes Of The Wild
Keeps "Of The Wild" for branding purposes
Echoes refer back to the past coming back and perhaps a reflection of Link (10,000 years ago Link?) and also the image of someone yelling at the top of a cliff/mountain and getting an echo from the vastness beneath them

Last edited:
The Legend of Zelda: Heir to the Sky

Idk. I used to be so convinced it would just be "Breath of the Wild II," but that's basically deconfirmed. So here's some random bullshit.

The Legend of Zelda: One

I feel like it's literally impossible to guess these things, not a single past Zelda game has a guessable title. Who would ever guess something like Twilight Princess or Majora's Mask?

The one thing I'm sure on is that it won't be titled anything like "Breath of the _____", "_______ of the Wild", or "Breath of the Wild 2". I also don't think the title will have anything to do with the sky islands. If it was, Nintendo would have revealed the title at last E3.

The Legend of Zelda:
Herald of the Armament

The first trailer showed us the severed hand which implies it has major plot significance. With all Zelda titles there's usually the focus on a concept like a person of importance or a object of significance. Then there's the usual time element in a few titles. Breath of the Wild gave us the focus of the games' open air design (intro cutscene with the vista) what we have for the sequel is a shriveled old corpse who coincidental is also the King of all evil, a severed hand and now a hero through the ages travelling in all directions. Link's new outfit might suggest he lost his hero status though... Now combine all of these and we have the Herald (Link) of the Armament (Weaponized arm, no more Master Sword)

The title would put the focus back on Link, our hero. Our hero who fell from grace and has to go back to his roots as a master of swords seemingly unable to use his power of the triforce. Herald of the armament sounds like a rather plain title but gains power thanks to what we know of the context. This game might want to show us the true Link between links which is the Bane of all evil vs. the cyclic power passed on to the hero... Which isn't a hero anymore.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom