• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club The Official Famiboards Anti Mr. Bean Thread

Mr. Bean

• Total voters

Phosphorescent Skeleton

It's a hard world for little things.
Pronouns
She/Her
images
This mans antics are antisocial and a healthy society must reject him.

This is definitely a controversial topic-- but the presence of an anti-Bean thread and the absence of a pro-Bean thread speaks volumes imo. Trying to keep an open mind.

I'd hardly blame Mr. Bean for being ripped off

With every performance, Mr. Bean pays tribute to the great Hulot... truly touching
Hulot could make comedy out of a breeze, Mr. Bean failed to find comedy in a turkey's ass. The only thing Mr. Bean pays tribute to is the tenants of British fascism.

Hulot could make comedy out of a breeze, Mr. Bean failed to find comedy in a turkey's ass. The only thing Mr. Bean pays tribute to is the tenants of British fascism.

This is wrong through and through

You only say this because you never watched the great episode where he had to go to the hospital because his hand was stuck in a kettle

More than one thing can be good! I'm glad your phone battery died
You're right!

Good things: Three Stooges, Hulot, Buster Keaton, Harold Lloyd, Charlie Chaplain, Looney Toons, Sammy Petrillo

Bad things: Death, being stabed, depression, man's inhumanity to man, Mr. Bean

You're right!

Good things: Three Stooges, Hulot, Buster Keaton, Harold Lloyd, Charlie Chaplain, Looney Toons, Sammy Petrillo

Bad things: Death, being stabed, depression, man's inhumanity to man, Mr. Bean

I hate that Sammo Petrillo so much! I'm so angry!

Thinking of giving the show a go, but one question to decide if it's worth my time: do they eventually explain why his name is Mr. Bean?

It's tough making jokes in what I assume is a joke thread. So we hate Rowan Atkinson now? Wait why am I asking you? You're not resetera.

Edit: Did not vote. Awaiting more cogent opinions to make my own.

Last edited:
It's true that Mr. Bean's theatrical releases were not his finest hour

He was always destined to shine on the small screen... and how!
Let us consider the case of PeeWee Herman
-enough material to sustain a TV show
-incredible cinematic debut
-not a political reactionary
Checkmate, beanheads.

I admit I liked Mr. Bean when I was like 9 because...I mean, I was 9! I had terrible fucking taste. Mr. Bean rots

He fixed Whistler's Mother.
Drove a car while sitting on its roof.
Painted his entire apartment in one go using dynamite.
Clearly a winner in my book.

I admit I liked Mr. Bean when I was like 9 because...I mean, I was 9! I had terrible fucking taste. Mr. Bean rots
Not so fast, you can't brush this off by saying you were 9! I liked Godzilla and Pokemon when I was 9 :p

Wait, I still like Godzilla and Pokemon...

I was firmly anti Mr. Bean before I entered this thread but people have raised some great points in favour of him. I’m gonna have to do my own research.

Back
Top Bottom