• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Official Tweet The McRib Returns October 31st… for the Final Time

WestEgg

King of the Krocs
Administrator
Pronouns
he/him

I tend to get the annual McRib when it comes in season, and the part of my mind indoctrinated with corporate nostalgia does feel a bit sad to see it potentially gone forever. But I also am somewhat disbelieving this truly is the end.

Last edited:

I got nothing else to add. I’ve never had it.

It's fine. People like to look down on fast food and McDonald's especially, but it's basically just a pork burger covered in BBQ sauce. It benefits more from the seasonal hype for its release than its own quality, but I still basically get what I'm looking for out of it.

I tend to get the annual McRib when it comes in season, and the part of my mind indoctrinated with corporate nostalgia does feel a bit sad to see it potentially gone forever. But I also am somewhat disbelieving this truly is the end.

You just have to come to Germany, if you crave it. It's always on the menu here.^^

mmm yeah no I don't buy it at all lol

just a more extreme version of the usual scarcity marketing to attempt virality

I encourage everyone to buy one, keep the receipt (as well as any evidence you can find that they're claiming this is the last time it will be available), then sue McDonald's when they inevitably bring it back

I'm not a lawyer but this sounds foolproof to me

The McRib was always a genius marketing ploy. Make it a FOMO thing so people buy a product that nobody would buy if it was a regular menu item.

I don't trust any corporate statement without capital letters

if this weren't a joke there'd be a press release

Back
Top Bottom