• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom |ST| Linkin' Parts (Please Tag All Spoilers)

So the great plateau really has nothing going on huh? That's a missed opportunity.
Explore a bit more.

How do I get the chest in Aligning the Circles shrine
I think I did that one yesterday.

Check things out with your Ultra Hand. There's something you can lift.

By the gate leading to the end of the shrine, there's a tile on the floor that can be lifted with the Ultra Hand. Under it you should find a place where you can put the extra ball. You are meant to notice it because there's a green circle on the ceiling above that tile.

I don't think I've hit more than... 60% of the game but after seeing all the Tears memories...
I can't. No more dilly-dallying. I need to find out what happens in the end. Gonna be laser-focus in kicking Ganon's arse asap.

Lurelin Village? Your logs can wait till Ganondorf begs for mercy.

So the great plateau really has nothing going on huh? That's a missed opportunity.

Is this classed as a spoiler since I haven’t been there yet and was looking forward to checking it out but I guess I don’t need to rush it now…

Probably just my fault for coming in here tbh.

Is this classed as a spoiler since I haven’t been there yet and was looking forward to checking it out but I guess I don’t need to rush it now…

Probably just my fault for coming in here tbh.
Ehhh

Is it really a spoiler if they're wrong

Today, I used my trusty catapult to help another korok reach their friend.

...Wow I just did a shrine last night involving those zonai weight things, and only now after watching this clip do I realize I could've hit them to have them pop straight up. Building a catapult is totally what the shrine wanted in retrospect; instead a built a really tall wall, precariously balanced it, and glided off the top

So how long did it take y'all to realize you can drop your rock infused weapon in the empty spot of the rock circle for the korok?
Until literally just now

I'm gonna be learning new things about this game for years aren't I

Had a really good time with lightning temple. That's what I want about Zelda dungeons. Nice puzzles, enemies inside, part of the surrounding environment, great ambience, perfect length. The only bummer is the do N task bullshit and the dungeon being bound to quest, so I can't discover it while exploring. Favorite dungeon so far

Also, disappointed to discover that the scene that hinted time travel for Link isn't about it. :(

EDIT: Went to Kakariko and discovered how to do Mineru quest in the regular way, dispelling the thunderstorm. While it was cool I think that the way I did, by chance and exploration, was really personal and had a bigger impact on me. Don't regret finding it first, especially as I watched all tears and had the master sword before.

Oh shit!

Dyeing the Frostbite Headdress dyes Link's hair?!

Does this work for any other head-pieces? It doesn't for the hood or the Rito head-piece.

Wanna give Link red hair to match with the Hylian Tunic, but that headdress is a bit gaudy lol.

Is it just supposed to tell me that they're at the Great Plateau? I don't see anything else there
Sorry if I was being unclear: The Akkala Lab has a map with several Yiga locations, all of which give you something specific for this quest. I can give you more explicit directions if you need them but I thought you might wanna discover some of it yourself.

Sorry if I was being unclear: The Akkala Lab has a map with several Yiga locations, all of which give you something specific for this quest. I can give you more explicit directions if you need them but I thought you might wanna discover some of it yourself.
ohhh, got it. I thought I had missed something that would trigger the quest

The lack of continuity in some areas of this game is kinda charming to me lol. Like it’s a direct sequel in many ways with important characters and events still referenced

But it definitely has that Galaxy 2 “the star festival is once every 100 years yet somehow Mario is alive, un-aged, for two of them” vibe of Nintendo just straight up not really caring to the point where it’s kinda funny lol. And it works in the game’s favor sometimes, I really do love how BotW gets to mostly keep the sheikah tech like Guardians, it’s shrines aesthetics, the divine beasts, ancient arrows and armor, to itself. I don’t really need some long explanation for why.

The lack of continuity in some areas of this game is kinda charming to me lol. Like it’s a direct sequel in many ways with important characters and events still referenced

But it definitely has that Galaxy 2 “the star festival is once every 100 years yet somehow Mario is alive, un-aged, for two of them” vibe of Nintendo just straight up not really caring to the point where it’s kinda funny lol. And it works in the game’s favor sometimes, I really do love how BotW gets to mostly keep the sheikah tech like Guardians, it’s shrines aesthetics, the divine beasts, ancient arrows and armor, to itself. I don’t really need some long explanation for why.
I feel like the Sheikah stuff being mostly gone except for some stuff they reused, like for the towers, is a somewhat logical consequence considering everything that happened before and up to BotW. After defeating Ganon it seems like the logical thing to clean up all of that stuff so it doesn’t happen again.

Though I did expect a Guardian they overlooked to show up as a mini-boss which hasn’t happened so far.

They repurposed the Guardian bits to make things! Their poor little Doc Ock legs are in the towers to launch Link into the sky.

The Divine Beasts died on the way back to their home planet.

I love how some quests have multiple "entry points" like when you talk to Robbie at Lookout Landing [multiple sidequests spoilers]
You help him get back to Hateno and if you do the travel medalion quest you go back to his old lab where you come across the Yiga which then points you towards the Blademaster quest. But you can also get to that by stumbling into their other hideouts, the Blademaster training facility or going directly to the big HQ where you can also get the Earthwake technique.

It’s a really cool way to make sure people find these things even if they don’t explore every inch of the world.
May I ask how
the Ancient Tech Lab fight with the Yiga points toward another Yiga questline? I killed everyone in there and got the travel medallion, but didn't find any pointers for another questline. Did I miss something? During my first 20 hours of playtime, I stumbled across a Yiga cave that explained their different factions and their locations with a big map, but I haven't been back there since I got the camera.

May I ask how
the Ancient Tech Lab fight with the Yiga points toward another Yiga questline? I killed everyone in there and got the travel medallion, but didn't find any pointers for another questline. Did I miss something? During my first 20 hours of playtime, I stumbled across a Yiga cave that explained their different factions and their locations with a big map, but I haven't been back there since I got the camera.
There’s a map hanging inside the lab that shows different Yiga hideouts. You should check them out!

The
Seized Construct

was the worst part of the game for me so far. Just wasn’t fun. Maybe I completely missed something, but yikes.
Easiest boss fight of my entire life, I fused the frost emitter to left arm and spike ball into right arm, so it was just I frozen him and them pushed him into the fence, it was really easy.

Not gonna lie, I kinda miss guardians and wish all the guardian enemies form Botw was here in Totk, it would increase the enemy variety no doubt even more.

Plus, I liked their theme lol.

I feel pretty pleased with myself that at the 6 to 8 hearts stage, and zero armour upgrades, I've killed some of the tougher enemy types in the game. That's largely down to Fuse giving me so many options on the fly, I think, and encouraging me to experiment more.

• 3 x Frox
  • 2 x Gloom Hands + Phantom Ganon
  • 1 x Lynel
  • 1 x Gleeok (Flame)

(Also multiple Boss Bokoblin, Hinox and Stalnox, but they're pretty easy I think)

One thing I loved in the Depths today was seeing stretches I'd lit up in the distance, separated from me by a vast expanse of darkness. Looked really cool and appropriately otherworldly.

The
Seized Construct

was the worst part of the game for me so far. Just wasn’t fun. Maybe I completely missed something, but yikes.

Yup. I barely got used to the controls before getting to this part and it just felt sluggish the entire time. I was so glad when it was finally over.

We actually know pretty well why there's no Sheikah tech. In the end of BotW, Zelda mentions that Vah Rutah stopped functioning. It's pretty safe to assume all of the Sheikah tech stopped functioning shortly after, the shrines and towers shrunk below the ground.

It's probably safe to presume that the ancient flames went out too. So Purah and Robbie probably scrambled, and they had everyone collect all the Sheikah parts they could find from deceased guardians. They then made the Skyview towers, Purah pad, and everything from the scraps. Then the Zonai tech craze started after that.

I honestly thought it was pretty obvious once I got into Hyrule.

The continuation of TotK is more well handled than most games to be honest.

re: continuity, I like that they put in some cute details to explain even some minor changes, like someone near the Rito stable explaining why there are pinecones everywhere now, or the fact that some of the new fruit is found exclusively in the sky or very close to fallen ruins

re: continuity, I like that they put in some cute details to explain even some minor changes, like someone near the Rito stable explaining why there are pinecones everywhere now, or the fact that some of the new fruit is found exclusively in the sky or very close to fallen ruins

They're nice touches. And yet, some returning characters from Botw act like they've never even seen you before

Last edited:
I don't think I've hit more than... 60% of the game but after seeing all the Tears memories...
I can't. No more dilly-dallying. I need to find out what happens in the end. Gonna be laser-focus in kicking Ganon's arse asap.

Lurelin Village? Your logs can wait till Ganondorf begs for mercy.

Right?!? I'm still working my way there but the end of those memories cut like a damn knife. It's been almost a week and I still can't get over it. I knew this game would be darker but some of the darker moments have still caught me by surprise. This story goes hard.

They're nice touches. And yet, some returning characters act like they've never heard of Link
Have any characters not heard of Link? Or do they just not recognize him. Feel like those are two very different things

From what I've played so far people tend to know of Link but not many people seem to know him. Which kinda fits honestly, it's not like he talks about himself much, and photography isn't common enough that people would know what he looks like

99% of the time this game is like this for me

ef9ojpkwkaeu5l8cyi9m.jpg

...and then I find a piece of equipment that was already in BotW.

When I find a new one though... fuck yeah.

They're nice touches. And yet, some returning characters act like they've never heard of Link

Have any characters not heard of Link? Or do they just not recognize him. Feel like those are two very different things

From what I've played so far people tend to know of Link but not many people seem to know him. Which kinda fits honestly, it's not like he talks about himself much, and photography isn't common enough that people would know what he looks like
Yep. Plus, he's 100 years out of his original life time, which is why he's such an unknown figure in BotW. The way a feudal society like this is, not everyone will believe someone called Link defeated the Calamity, and not everyone will think Link is Link even when they meet him.

I met an NPC today looking for the legendary sword, who dismisses Link out of hand. The game does touch on it in funny ways.

The Zelda team really seems to understand how mythology works and in that sense I think the lore and character dialogue is written somewhat realistically. It's something that continues to surprise me because there are more "realistic" games that don't account for this at all.

Yep. Plus, he's 100 years out of his original life time, which is why he's such an unknown figure in BotW. The way a feudal society like this is, not everyone will believe someone called Link defeated the Calamity, and not everyone will think Link is Link even when they meet him.

I met an NPC today looking for the legendary sword, who dismisses Link out of hand. The game does touch on it in funny ways.

No no, I mean characters you interact with in Botw that act like you never existed.

Okay, so the Master Sword is up in the sky... wait, what do you mean it's moving?!

That's gonna be fun to hunt down. But it can wait. Kohga comes first.

90 hours
105 shrines
75 lightroots
3 dungeons
About 200 seeds
All towers unlocked

I'm gonna be sad when this is over, but there's still a lot to do. I haven't even been able to access The Lost Woods, which has me rather curious.

Back
Top Bottom