• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestEgg

King of the Krocs
Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
ZTotK_DTHeader.png

Release Date: May 12, 2023
Developer: Nintendo EPD
Publisher: Nintendo
Platform: Nintendo Switch

Welcome to the Discussion Thread for The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. Here we will track all the updates, rumors, and general discussion surrounding this new game. Since its surprise announcement at E3 2019, we were initially left with a very cryptic trailer and little else to go on, save for a few scant details. Two years later during E3 2021, we received a new trailer, showing a new focus on the skies above Hyrule, and a new set of abilities for Link. And finally, in the September 2022 Nintendo Direct, we were given the game's title and release date.

As the release draws closer and new information becomes available, I will work to compile it here and help foster discussion.

Please note this thread will contain spoilers for the original Breath of the Wild

Redefining a Legend- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild's Release and Reception

aonuma-zelda.jpg

"This is the new world of Zelda. It's quite a vast world isn't it? You can even reach those mountains in the distance, if you walk far enough. We couldn't create such a wide world like this in the past. As far as what you can do with such a vast field to explore, as soon as those boundaries are removed, it means you can enter any area from any direction. So the puzzle solving in this game begins the moment the player starts to think about where they want to go, how will they get there, and what they will do when they arrive. This is a clean break from the conventions of past games in the Zelda series, where you had to follow a set path, and play through the scenario in the right order. I believe this departure will create opportunities for new game-play that have not been experienced in previous Zelda games."
—Eiji Aonuma, E3 2014

After a lengthy development, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild released for the Wii U and as a launch title for the Nintendo Switch on March 3rd, 2017. The game was an immediate critical and commercial success, scoring a 97 average on Metacritic and quickly becoming the best selling entry in the series, at one point even outselling the Nintendo Switch itself. The game went on to achieve several Game of the Year awards and is generally considered the consensus Game of the Year of 2017, a year notable for a high number of quality releases.

The game was widely praised for its beautiful and massive handcrafted world, designed in such a way to encourage continuous exploration, its nonlinear approach to both progression and problem solving, and its chemistry engine that allowed the player to interact with the world in unique and creative ways. Series lead Eiji Aonuma has indicated that this template (dubbed "Open Air") will likely be the norm for the series moving forward.

What We Know So Far

We have very few confirmed details right now, but this section will be updated as new information becomes available.
  • This game will be based on the same world as The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
  • Similar to Super Mario Galaxy 2, many ideas from this game were conceptualized as potential DLC for the original game before being reworked into the sequel.
  • Zelda has received a redesign, most notably she has shorter hair than in the original game. This had led to speculation that she may have a greater role to play in this adventure than her previous one.
  • Link is seen interacting with, and perhaps controlling a mysterious magical arm. What this means is currently unknown.
  • On June 15th, 2021, Nintendo released a new trailer for the game, showcasing a lot of new information. This seems to confirm that the magical arm has affixed itself to Link and will be taking the role of the Sheikah Slate in this title, showing new abilities such as a new stasis function, a time manipulation ability, and the ability to phase through solid objects. The game is confirmed to be "expanded to the skies above Hyrule" in addition to the world below, which appears to be a major theme of the game.
  • Link appears to have received a redesign as well, with loose hair rather than a ponytail, and his arm being merged with the magical arm seen in the original trailer. Zelda appears to have been separated from Link following the events of the original trailer, and her role is as of yet unknown.
  • Link does not appear to possess the Master Sword following the events of the second trailer. Later promotional material has confirmed the Master Sword has been damaged in some way.
  • Hyrule Castle has been lifted into the sky following the events of the reveal trailer.
  • The game appears to be putting an emphasis on Verticality, with many of Link's new abilities focusing on flight or upward mobility. We have also seen Link making use of a bird like glider.
  • Imagery also suggests the Zonai, an ancient people of Hyrule who are only hinted at, but who's presence can be felt across Breath of the Wild's Hyrule, will also be more present in this game.
Official Website

Characters

cgpEggr.png

The Hero of Hyrule who slumbered for 100 years after sustaining grievous injuries during Calamity Ganon's attack on Hyrule. After reawakening on the Great Plateau, Link journeyed through what remained of the Kingdom of Hyrule, restoring both his strength and his memories in preparation for his confrontation with Calamity Ganon. With the help of the liberated Divine Beasts and the Champions of Hyrule, Link was able to defeat the monstrous Calamity Ganon beneath the Hyrule Castle and with the aid of Princess Zelda herself went on to destroy Calamity Ganon's final incarnation, the gigantic boar Dark Beast Ganon.
Thus thanks to the hero's efforts, the evil of Calamity Ganon had at last been purged from Hyrule, and the world could finally recover...
Or so it seemed for a time...

ySVKDtr.png

The Princess and sole survivor of the Royal Family of Hyrule, and one who carries the bloodline of the Goddess Hylia. For 100 years, Zelda was held in a stalemate with Calamity Ganon, keeping him sealed within Hyrule Castle and buying the outside world something resembling peace, while she herself remained trapped in the castle as well. Sensing that her power may soon no longer be enough to contain Calamity Ganon, she at last called out for the slumbering Link to reawaken and begin his adventure. Thanks to Link's efforts, Zelda was able to break free of Calamity Ganon's clutches, and after accessing the Divine Power within, she was able to lay the final blow on the beast, annihilating Calamity Ganon at last.
Zelda now travels with Link as they seek to restore the fallen Kingdom of Hyrule. Their journeys have led them to a mysterious chamber, where an ancient but perhaps all too familiar evil lies in wait.

TbC0r7j.png

A withered corpse that lies in the center of a mysterious chamber. This figure appears to produce Malice, a corrosive and evil substance that was believed to be a manifestation of Calamity Ganon's corruption. It was held down by a magical disembodied arm of unknown power and ability. The figure reanimates once the magical arm is removed, and its revival coincides with a catastrophic shift in the world above.

7SpH1Cb.png

RIP

Game Trailers

E3 2019 Reveal

E3 2021 Teaser

September 2022 Direct Name and Launch Date Trailer

Box Art

76569111-f23f-483e-bdc4-d81d0c05f441-jpeg.705

To new beginnings, friends...

NSwitch_TheSequelToTheLegendOfZeldaBreathOfTheWild_05.jpg

Last edited:
👏👏👏

Beautiful OP, and a perfect first official StarTopic. I can't wait for this game. It will truly feel like the Switch's "latter half" of its life once this game comes out.

My biggest question about this game - how different from Breath of the Wild can it be before it risks straying from the incredibly addictive and popular formula its predecessor established? How similar can it be to Breath of the Wild without it feeling derivative and DLC?

My second biggest question - what the hell is it called?

Edit, a week before release:
Tears of the Kingdom, buddy. Sorry for the wait

My first post on FamiBoards. Woot! Anyway, looking forward to more information about the Breath of the Wild sequel coming in 2022.

This game has extremely high expectations but I am sure Nintendo will deliver. I am really curious to see how much it differentiates itself from BOTW 1. Considering that we will be going 5+ years between releases the scope of this game has to be massive.

Can't wait for more informstion about this. My most anticipated game so far. I hope to see it in TGA. I really think there's a chance between this one and/or the Metroid Prime 1 remake.

I am obsessed with the sorta-Greek-inspired outfit for Link. The sandals, the draped fabric... the look is serving.

heres my prediction, it'll be called "breath of fresh air" it'll be based on the same hyrule overworld, but heavily altered, and the sky/temple portions are essentially dungeons you teleport up to from the ground.

BOTW 2 is my most ambitious game currently in development. Loved the first game. The E3 trailer made this game look like a mere expansion to the original game but I feel confident that Nintendo is really holding back on this one. I bet when the full reveal happens it's going to blow us all away and 1up the original in virtually every way. My personal speculation of course. I also think Nintendo is being some what cagey with the release date because I still believe they are also targeting a release on new hardware (a 4K enabled Switch). Anyways I'm excited to see more of the game. I don't think we are likely to see it again until next E3 unfortunately but it will be well worth the wait I'm sure.

If this game has traditional dungeons with different visual aesthetics from eachother it could end up being my favorite Zelda game.
Hope we see the game again at the Game Awards.

I can’t even play BotW. I’m worried with seeing the old world already that this game will not have the same unknown like BotW had. It’s not going to have the same wonder to the extent of BotW since I will know what is where. I know we will have skyworld and probably some underground world.

I can’t even play BotW. I’m worried with seeing the old world already that this game will not have the same unknown like BotW had. It’s not going to have the same wonder to the extent of BotW since I will know what is where. I know we will have skyworld and probably some underground world.

Yeah it's been a weird situation for me. The E3 trailer basically looked like a small expansion pack to the regular game. Exact same world and more or less the same visuals. Basically just some floating islands in the sky were shown and well it wasn't much of anything to be excited about. That being said, this game has been in development for many years with the largest Zelda team ever so I'm thinking there has to be a heck of a lot more that Nintendo just isn't revealing yet so I choose to remain positive on the matter. I expect Nintendo to deliver. Can't see them not doing so. BOTW is an amazing achievement of a game and I bet Nintendo will take what they did there and make something even more amazing.

I feel like something will happen in the game that will completely change the landscape of the world. It may start off looking like the same world we are use to but I feel like something big will happen to entirely transform everything. That's just my theory of course. I also think there will be a lot of underground stuff, a lot more sky stuff we are not seeing and maybe even some lake/ocean stuff to explore. I feel like this game will be epic and Nintendo wants to very much keep everything a surprise because they know other game companies will copy a lot of their breakthroughs lol.

Yeah it's been a weird situation for me. The E3 trailer basically looked like a small expansion pack to the regular game. Exact same world and more or less the same visuals. Basically just some floating islands in the sky were shown and well it wasn't much of anything to be excited about. That being said, this game has been in development for many years with the largest Zelda team ever so I'm thinking there has to be a heck of a lot more that Nintendo just isn't revealing yet so I choose to remain positive on the matter. I expect Nintendo to deliver. Can't see them not doing so. BOTW is an amazing achievement of a game and I bet Nintendo will take what they did there and make something even more amazing.

I feel like something will happen in the game that will completely change the landscape of the world. It may start off looking like the same world we are use to but I feel like something big will happen to entirely transform everything. That's just my theory of course. I also think there will be a lot of underground stuff, a lot more sky stuff we are not seeing and maybe even some lake/ocean stuff to explore. I feel like this game will be epic and Nintendo wants to very much keep everything a surprise because they know other game companies will copy a lot of their breakthroughs lol.
It’s been far enough to say it but the E3 teaser was absolutely bizarre. It wasn’t bad by any means, I mean of course I’m happy to see the game.

but it felt like the one time where Nintendo gave in to fans and said “well I guess we have to show something.” As in, it felt like their hand was forced by something when they clearly aren’t ready to blow the lid off of the game yet.

Like, they didn’t even drop the title lol.

I’m very fully prepared for this to be a Galaxy 2 situation - kind of rehashy and feels like DLC, but a fucking GREAT game that polishes the systems and adds cool new mechanics. I really don’t think a lot of people are prepared for that though. The thought of reusing BotW’s world is kind of insanity, like I don’t really see that getting good press. But imo, they have the ability to make something really special by playing with the sense of discovery BotW evoked in a new way - taking familiar locations and massively recontextualizing them. I really really hope they pull it off

It’s been far enough to say it but the E3 teaser was absolutely bizarre. It wasn’t bad by any means, I mean of course I’m happy to see the game.

but it felt like the one time where Nintendo gave in to fans and said “well I guess we have to show something.” As in, it felt like their hand was forced by something when they clearly aren’t ready to blow the lid off of the game yet.

Like, they didn’t even drop the title lol.

I’m very fully prepared for this to be a Galaxy 2 situation - kind of rehashy and feels like DLC, but a fucking GREAT game that polishes the systems and adds cool new mechanics. I really don’t think a lot of people are prepared for that though. The thought of reusing BotW’s world is kind of insanity, like I don’t really see that getting good press. But imo, they have the ability to make something really special by playing with the sense of discovery BotW evoked in a new way - taking familiar locations and massively recontextualizing them. I really really hope they pull it off

Yeah I just think after spending 100+ hours in this world already and then a whole bunch of hours in the exact same world in Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, I'm honestly ready for something entirely new. I'm hoping that my theory pans out and the actual game feels more "new" then a "retread". They already have two massive games using this same map. After what could be as long as a six year wait for BOTW 2, it would be weird for the game to revisit the same locations all over again. This is also why I think Nintendo is hiding something big that they just aren't ready to reveal yet. I do think the same map will indeed be there but I'm expecting something huge to happen. Time travel? Some big event that changes the map completely? Something is going to happen I think in which you won't just be revisiting the same locales, walking by the same trees and architecture. Maybe at the start of the game but I think Nintendo has something up their sleeves. I'm excited to find out what that is. :)

I didn't find anything particularly weird with the Breath of the Wild 2 trailer at E3. The game is still a ways off and Nintendo just wanted to show enough to tease parts of the game while saving the bulk of the stuff for closer to release. The trailer actually gave us a lot of to speculate on and it's about on par with other previous trailers. I think many of you forget how little we knew about BOTW prior to release. The official subtitle was revealed less than a year before release. If the game had kept it's 2016 release date, there would have only been a few month gap between the name announcement and release. We spent 6 months debating whether the had towns or even other people in it. The Divine Beasts were spotted in the background of the gameplay but we didn't know what they were until the January 2017 trailer. We also hadn't seen Zelda herself (fully), the Gorons, the Zora, and the Gerudo prior to that trailer.

There's plenty left to show and plenty of time left to show it. Nintendo will trickle out info here and there because it is a system seller and the possibility of seeing the game helps attract people to all of their Directs but they are likely saving the bulk of the info, including the name, closer to release for a full blowout.

I can firmly say that this is my most anticipated game release ever for me. BotW turned my life upside-down so naturally I spend a lot of waking hours hyping and speculating over BotW2.

I have 100% faith in the Zelda team, I think they're gonna smash it again this time. They won't be able to recapture the magic of discovering that Hyrule for the first time, but like with Majora's Mask, like with Galaxy 2, I think the game will provide something almost equally fantastic in return.

I agree that the trailer felt like it didn't show much, but I'm with the point of view that I still think that they're keeping cards close to their chest - the game is clearly still in "teaser mode", they even named it as such on their YouTube video. It won't be until next year that we finally see the "hook" of the game.

But it was such a cool trailer! Like, dang. I rewatch it a lot. I pause every single frame and dream about the day we can all discover those sky islands for ourselves. I couldn't be more hyped.

I put together some things I'd love to see, in order of what I think is most likely:

* Sick arm powers - More or less guaranteed, since it was showed off in Teaser 2. I think the game has as much arm powers as the Slate had powers. I think the teleporting up to the sky islands is one of the powers.
* Zonai prescence - I think this is a big one. The hand is by many theorists believed to be of Zonai origin, and both the ruins explored in Teaser 1 as well as some of the architecture in Teaser 2 I think has a similar feel to the confirmed Zonai ruins in BotW, like Typhlo Ruins and the Lomelei Labyrinths.. I think they're gonna be what the Sheikah were to BotW.
* Dual weapon wielding - The flamethrower shield kinda hinted at this maybe being a think that could appear, or at least the introduction of shields that also functions as weapons. How dope wouldn't it be to try to manage 2 weapons at once to get the upper hand in combat?
* Exciting air traversal - This is something that keeps me awake at night. How will the game handle air traversal? Surely we won't be sloooowly paragliding between islands? I'm not sure where I stand regarding the introduction of straight-up flying. But I think the game might have something cool up its sleeve.
* A weapon wheel - A small QoL thing that I think could make switching weapons less cumbersome.
* Poes, redeads, skulltulas, like-likes floormasters and darknuts, etc. - The enemy in Teaser 2 looked a lot like a like-like to me, so I think more enemies will return. If the game goes underground, maybe to some spooky areas, I think redeads might be there..
* A story arc and plot beats - This one I'm uncertain of. Since there has to be some kind of narrative framework for the game, and they don't have the flashback schtick to fall back on, I believe there might be a more fleshed-out "current" story than BotW had, but we'll see.
* Skill tree - I'd love this personally, I think a spin on the skill tree concept could be cool. It feels like it could be a natural evolution of the Spirit Orbs. Gathering stuff for the arm and being able to upgrade not only hearts and stamina but also enhance powers, or enable faster climbing, or any other things that clothing and also food stood for in BotW. But not very likely I feel like.

And some things I don't think we'll see:
* Playable (or prominent) Zelda - She got shafted pretty early in Teaser 2, so I don't think this is it. Not sure if we just don't see her or if she gets captured, we'll see, but I'm not sure about her having a bigger role in the story than in BotW.
* Rebuilt Hyrule - The game doesn't seem to be taking place that long after the first time, so the dream of visiting rebuild Hyrule doesn't seem very likely, unfortunately.
* Intriguing Ganondorf - Hmm.. this one is a bit of an uncertainty. It seems like zombie Ganondorf might be more of an evil presence than a straight up character with motives and a distinct personality. We'll see.
* Zelda in space - The dream is dead, fam. RIP.

If this game has traditional dungeons with different visual aesthetics from eachother it could end up being my favorite Zelda game.
Hope we see the game again at the Game Awards.

I think traditional dungeons are obsolete. The entire map of BOTW is like one extremely large open air dungeon with branching paths. This is why treasure chests were all over the place. Traditional dungeons are for the old linear Zeldas. With BOTW's design they are not necessary anymore.

I think traditional dungeons are obsolete. The entire map of BOTW is like one extremely large open air dungeon with branching paths. This is why treasure chests were all over the place. Traditional dungeons are for the old linear Zeldas. With BOTW's design they are not necessary anymore.
I think there is room for more Hyrule Castle like places. That was the ultimate transformation of the originals dungeons to 3D. People forget that the originals dungeons aren't really what ALTTP made of them. They are purely navigational challenges rather than origami creations that need to be flattened out fold by fold. You have a single target and you have to figure out how to get there by any route possible and survive the journey. Along the way, you might find cool stuff too (and a full half of dungeon items in the original are optional).

I think there is room for more Hyrule Castle like places. That was the ultimate transformation of the originals dungeons to 3D. People forget that the originals dungeons aren't really what ALTTP made of them. They are purely navigational challenges rather than origami creations that need to be flattened out fold by fold. You have a single target and you have to figure out how to get there by any route possible and survive the journey. Along the way, you might find cool stuff too (and a full half of dungeon items in the original are optional).

Hyrule Castle isn't any different structurally from Hyrule itself. There are enemies to fight, hidden treasure chests and weapons and even a Shrine. I dont see Hyrule Casle as a "dungeon", just like I dont see the Labyrinths as dungeons. They are just a part of Hyrule.

Hard disagree, especially since BotW is full of smaller dungeons with Shrines and Divine Beasts. Dungeons are a huge part of Zelda’s identity and the absence of full dungeons in BotW made the game feel like it was missing something.

I just find it hard to believe that they would take all this time and the need to poach developers from MonoliftSoft if this was the same overworld with some floating islands. There has to be something more.

Hard disagree, especially since BotW is full of smaller dungeons with Shrines and Divine Beasts. Dungeons are a huge part of Zelda’s identity and the absence of full dungeons in BotW made the game feel like it was missing something.

A shrine is NOT structured like a dungeon. Its like a small puzzle piece. A Divine Beast is not a dungeon either in the traditional sense, but its close. The only thing that "feels" like a dungeon to me is Hyrule itself.

I just find it hard to believe that they would take all this time and the need to poach developers from MonoliftSoft if this was the same overworld with some floating islands. There has to be something more.

When I think of BOTW vs BOTW2, I think of Mario Galaxy vs Mario Galaxy 2. In Mario Galaxy 2 we even had resused N64 stages, but the overwhelming majority of the game was new.

I don’t think Galaxy 2 for Botw 2. BotW 2 has taken the same length as a brand new ground up Zelda game would take. If we didn’t get BotW 2, we’d get a completely brand new Zelda game coming next year.

I know there just has to be a ton more of new stuff we haven’t seen or like someone said the whole world will terraform possibly KH.

I can’t shake a little disappointment right now in seeing the exact same world so far. Keywords being so far.

Last edited:
I don’t think Galaxy 2 for Botw 2. BotW 2 has taken the same length as a brand new ground up Zelda game would take. If we didn’t get BotW 2, we’d get a completely brand new Zelda game coming next year.

I know there just has to be a ton more of new stuff we haven’t seen or like someone said the whole world will terraform possibly KH.

I can’t shake a little disappointment right now in seeing the exact same world so far. Keywords being so far.

I agree. Galaxy 2 took about 2 year to make (remember, it was substantially complete in 2009, but delayed into 2010 to give New Super Mario Bros. Wii time to sell). This seems much more substantial given the development time.

But Galaxy 2 was substantially different from the first one. It felt like a whole new game. My speculation is that BOTW2 is taking long because of

(1) COVID
(2) They are expanding the map not only up and down (underground) but in all directions (East, West, North and South).

Yes. We've seen just little bits of the game, but i want to see something more than just the same Hyrule from BOTW (amazing and enormous as it is) plus some floating islands. Playing SSHD made me realize how much i missed traditional Zelda dungeons, i still think they have their place on the mainline series. Give me them, some new places to explore and new exciting mechanics (the E3 trailer left a very good impression on this point). If not, well... It will be a wonderful game regardless, but i'd rather have another reboot and a brand new Zelda.

Not to be getting ahead of myself, but it will be fascinating to see where they take the series after BotW2. I wonder how early the Zelda team starts planning for the mid-term future. I could see them preparing themselves for a new break after this game.

Not to be getting ahead of myself, but it will be fascinating to see where they take the series after BotW2. I wonder how early the Zelda team starts planning for the mid-term future. I could see them preparing themselves for a new break after this game.

I think the BOTW formula (with iterations) is here to stay for a very, very long time. BOTW is just too successful to ignore.

I think the BOTW formula (with iterations) is here to stay for a very, very long time. BOTW is just too successful to ignore.

I hope that formula is very loose. I love BOTW too much to see it diminished through a stream if clones until people get sick of it. I hope what comes next is unexpected.

I kinda want them to return to the OOT/TP style and get more in depth big dungeons. The art style in the 2011 tech demo looked pretty cool would be interesting with the next game being made with that style

Post-BOTW2, I would love to see them do a Zelda set in a giant open-world city with a blended medieval/eco-futurist theme. It could still even have different environmental regions and race-based districts.

Last edited:
I hope that formula is very loose. I love BOTW too much to see it diminished through a stream if clones until people get sick of it. I hope what comes next is unexpected.

I'm optimistic that Nintendo will be more careful this time and not make many people get tired of the BOTW formula too quickly.

I kinda want them to return to the OOT/TP style and get more in depth big dungeons. The art style in the 2011 tech demo looked pretty cool would be interesting with the next game being made with that style

I really like this style. I was never fan o cel shading for Zelda kind of kill the vibes I like for the series. Always thought that a more realistic lighting(like 3d Mario, Kena, 3d animation movies) fits Zelda better.

But nowadays I'm sick about cel shading on Nintendo games that are using this mix with a different shading in the world X the characters.(BOTW, Astral Chain, Xenoblade 2 and DE). I really hope they move on after BOTW 2.

I really like this style. I was never fan o cel shading for Zelda kind of kill the vibes I like for the series. Always thought that a more realistic lighting(like 3d Mario, Kena, 3d animation movies) fits Zelda better.

But nowadays I'm sick about cel shading on Nintendo games that are using this mix with a different shading in the world X the characters.(BOTW, Astral Chain, Xenoblade 2 and DE). I really hope they move on after BOTW 2.
I really disliked the design of the Champions in BotW and maybe this is why!

what else would you all like to see in the sequel?

for me, the big ones are:

-the minish (duh)
-a linear story that satisfies as an epic
-a mix of linear and non-linear dungeons - each individually themed
-dungeons that aren't connected to the main quest, but are found when exploring
-tingle
-no more champions, new characters that move away from those involved in botw
-significant changes to the map and general vibe
-terrain changes
-underwater gameplay
-a much wider range of enemies
-i would love some throwbacks or connections to older games [zonai as interlopers?]
-sailing, fishing, hookshot arm, brand new abilities
-no time-travel
-'huge' music
-subquests that have a tangible impact on a world that is even more dynamic - where you can save villages from looming threats, etc
-an open world that contains the traditional zelda format but also attempts some new ideas - a balance of both
-loftwing travel - maybe on completion?
-i don't want a 'dark world', but some sort of smaller zone/dimension that feels separate from the main map could be fun
-a world that feels absolutely stuffed with new and surprising things to see and do

It is possible we could get new info at the Game Awards. I’m putting it on the lower side of happening.
I’ve been burned by expecting things from the Game Awards before, but it’s the most likely next place we’ll see it.

Geoff is hyping up the Game Awards more than I can recall for awhile and it’s only October. Obviously he could be seeing big things from other companies, but I’ll be excited to see more BotW 2

Iirc, Zelda Wii U was shown only at E3’s and Game Awards events, except for a 5 seconds footage at a Sep-Oct 2015 direct to tie to the TP HD announcement.

I expect the same for BotW2, Game Awards or E3 2022.

Iirc, Zelda Wii U was shown only at E3’s and Game Awards events, except for a 5 seconds footage at a Sep-Oct 2015 direct to tie to the TP HD announcement.

I expect the same for BotW2, Game Awards or E3 2022.
That’s a big reason why I could see it this year, especially if it makes its release in 2022. Game Awards is too huge of an opportunity to miss promoting it.

I'm sure they have some mind-bending reveals left for this game. Off the top of my head, I could think of a playable Zelda reveal, an underworld reveal, or some other crazy story reveals. The Game Awards would provide a great opportunity for such a reveal.

I'm sure they have some mind-bending reveals left for this game. Off the top of my head, I could think of a playable Zelda reveal, an underworld reveal, or some other crazy story reveals. The Game Awards would provide a great opportunity for such a reveal.
I agree, i am sure there's a lot that they aren't telling us. Not a fan of the 'greek' inspired style I'm seeing, but botw is easily the best game ever made so do whatever you guys want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Please note that this thread is completely spoiler-free, and that includes tagged spoilers. If you want to discuss spoilers, we refer to the spoiler thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom