• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if that is truly the case (that they don't want it in the February Direct to not overshadow other titles), I would assume that they actually do a zelda direct some time afterwards and announce that they will have one during the direct. Think of how that Animal Crossing direct that ended up having the Happy Home designer dlc announced was noted in the September direct as something upcoming and to stay tuned. I could see a similar message play and have the zelda direct maybe about a month or so after the February Direct. If the zelda trailer isn't in the February Direct, I would assume this would be the course of action rather than have it earlier. If a zelda direct comes before, there will be way less eyes on the February Direct and I don't think Nintendo likes that idea lol

Edit: I also don't necessarily believe we will get a specific direct either, but you never know.
Yeah, this is actually really smart. I could see a repeat of the Animal Crossing Direct announcement within a General Direct happening for TotK, now that you mention it.

I just graduated high school when Twilight Princess was still in the oven. I remember being so incredibly hyped for the game. The mystery surrounding a new Zelda game was still a joy to live through and anticipate.

After release I became disillusioned with Zelda. I was definitely interested in Skyward Sword and enjoyed it more than TP but I just started to feel that Zelda just wasn’t for me any more. All I play is Nintendo but each game since wind waker kept feeling a little dated. I don’t mean graphics wise either. Breath of the Wild was shown and I was interested. First teasers and trailer came out and it looked alright. I was definitely looking forward to playing it. After all those 1 hour E3 play throughs I thought maybe Zelda finally moved on towards my personal presences. That last trailer hit and I was like huh?! That last trailer sold me so hard. But even still, trailers got the best of me before, I wasn’t going to be fooled this time.

BotW hit and I became a kid again. I was so hooked on the game it wasn’t funny. I’d be driving home from work and I’d see a large stone on the side of the road and for a good while my first instinct was to pull over and see what was under it. It was like when Pokémon Red and Blue released, but kept hearing the music everywhere I went. I became engrossed with the exploration and general gameplay. After 300 hours I nearly 100%’d the map and I think almost all the armor sets but I finally put it down. I couldn’t believe it would end up turning into my favorite game of all time.

Then all these Zeltik Zonai videos kept showing up and I am like super obsessed with Zelda lore in a way that I had never been even as a kid. When YouTubers used to talk about Zelda I’d skip over it. Now I am itching for any TotK discussion! Every little theory and analysis video I just eat up.

BotW changed my perception of Zelda and Nintendo as a whole. I haven’t anticipated a new game like this in ages. Well aside from Smash Bros.

Not only do I love Breath of the Wild I am grateful for it as well! Seems like it inspired Pokemon and Sonic move a little out of their comfort zones in directions that I’ve wished for for ages.

I just graduated high school when Twilight Princess was still in the oven. I remember being so incredibly hyped for the game. The mystery surrounding a new Zelda game was still a joy to live through and anticipate.

After release I became disillusioned with Zelda. I was definitely interested in Skyward Sword and enjoyed it more than TP but I just started to feel that Zelda just wasn’t for me any more. All I play is Nintendo but each game since wind waker kept feeling a little dated. I don’t mean graphics wise either. Breath of the Wild was shown and I was interested. First teasers and trailer came out and it looked alright. I was definitely looking forward to playing it. After all those 1 hour E3 play throughs I thought maybe Zelda finally moved on towards my personal presences. That last trailer hit and I was like huh?! That last trailer sold me so hard. But even still, trailers got the best of me before, I wasn’t going to be fooled this time.

BotW hit and I became a kid again. I was so hooked on the game it wasn’t funny. I’d be driving home from work and I’d see a large stone on the side of the road and for a good while my first instinct was to pull over and see what was under it. It was like when Pokémon Red and Blue released, but kept hearing the music everywhere I went. I became engrossed with the exploration and general gameplay. After 300 hours I nearly 100%’d the map and I think almost all the armor sets but I finally put it down. I couldn’t believe it would end up turning into my favorite game of all time.

Then all these Zeltik Zonai videos kept showing up and I am like super obsessed with Zelda lore in a way that I had never been even as a kid. When YouTubers used to talk about Zelda I’d skip over it. Now I am itching for any TotK discussion! Every little theory and analysis video I just eat up.

BotW changed my perception of Zelda and Nintendo as a whole. I haven’t anticipated a new game like this in ages. Well aside from Smash Bros.

Not only do I love Breath of the Wild I am grateful for it as well! Seems like it inspired Pokemon and Sonic move a little out of their comfort zones in directions that I’ve wished for for ages.

What really helped me get into the lore was the sheer quality Zeldatubers produce time after time, they really set the tone well and are a joy to listen to, them collaborating on videos is also very enjoyable. The whole Zelda scene is at a great place. Dare I say best fandom ever?

So I’ve started to spend too much time theorizing again. I was thinking to maybe record a theory video, just to let loose. I have some ideas in mind, and here’s some talking points. Bear in mind that half of these are super outlandish and I’m being semi-devil’s advocate-y here.

* They’re not actually below Hyrule Castle. I think Monster Maze did a very good case for why the structure they’re finding Ganondorf in is in a faraway place rather than in the middle of Hyrule, but I’d like to elaborate. I think the ox is the main point here. It just looks like they’ve been traveling for a long, long time, perhaps days. Why bring all of that equipment on the ox, otherwise? It looked like camping equipment. I like the theory that they’ve been traveling underground for a long time, to find the long forgotten sealing chamber where Ganondorf resides. They wouldn't be camping for days just to go underneath the castle.

Here’s the broader theory: The villain in the story isn’t Ganondorf, but malice itself. Malice is a perpetual hellish evil substance who resides deep below Hyrule, stretched out over all regions, kind of like the Lifestream in FFVII. Ganondorf was originally a Gerudo with evil intent, so he took control of all malice. (Hence the Moblins and Bokoblins in a cloud of malice attacking as depicted on the mural in Teaser #3) When he was defeated, the Zonai imprisoned and sealed him. So when he gets unsealed as seen in Teaser #1, he once again gains control of malice, and it erupts all over the place, Hyrule Castle, Death Mountain, you name it. But I think Ganondorf himself is ascending, inside the abandoned structure that his chamber was in, I really got caught up in Zeltik’s idea that the main goal of the game will be up, not down. At the top of the sky, a sort of moving castle/fortress is moving across the sky where Ganondorf resides. That is what you will need to reach. You will be able to do this right after the start of the game, just like in BotW.

As for Zelda’s fate: She is falling down a shaft, into the underground stream of malice itself. Not killed, due to her divine powers, but trapped. And only by defeating the one in control of malice, Ganondorf, can Zelda be separated from the malice stream. As for Ganodorf himself, one might wonder what he will be up to. In BotW, he was perpetually locked inside Hyrule Castle with Zelda, but here, he will be of a more proactive role. The fortress will act as a new blood moon, continuously using dark magic to spawn enemies. The overworld layer of TotK will be more “hostile” this time around, with lots of malice-infested areas, and more enemies spawned from Ganondorf’s dark magic.

* There will be an alternate dimension. (AKA I think I solved the vials mystery) This is a real headache. What’s with the vials? Link has them on the boxart, all the way through Teaser #3, but they're completely absent in Teaser #2. As is the Master Sword, but Link has the messed up Master Sword in the Delay Teaser, but no vials.

I think the vials are a key component in the game. They’re not just a thing attached to the arm’s abilities, they’re the central plot item. Hence why I think Link will receive them at the very beginning. I think they will act as a magic supply for the arm. Every ability on the arm has a magic meter, and you can accumulate magic energy from enemies you defeat, Dark Souls-style, into a vial. When the arm’s ability is running out, Link will inject a vial into the arm to refill the ability. But the vials will also have a plot role, in that they will store the spiritual energy of the, presumably, tears that Link will collect from the main dungeons.

So, what’s up with them missing? I think the shot of Link opening the doors at the beginning of Teaser #3 is going to be the “cliffside” moment of the game, and that it will lead to the “Great Plateau” of TotK. And here, Link will get the vials. At this point, he also has the broken Master Sword. But every shot with him in Teaser #2 and the Delay Teaser has the vials missing. That is because I believe that there will be an alternative dimension that you enter when you pass through one of the Torii gates. You will enter the “past” of the heavenly kingdom, where it’s not yet torn apart, and this is what Aonuma meant with “the world expands beyond that”. In this dimension, Link will be stripped of the arm powers and the vials, (Note that across all teasers, it is only in his Champion’s Tunic/Hylian Tunic outfit that the hand is “used”) and the dimension, which is a segmented world and not an open one, consists of several Eventide Island-like separate quests. (The shot with the primitive axe in Teaser #3 is part of this) But here, link will have the Master Sword, because it is only in the alternate dimension where it can be reforged.

But, there’s also the fact that when Link descended in front of the Talus x Boko Camp fortress. It has the tunic, but not the vials. I believe that there will be enemies that has the capacity to lock and freeze the arm and vials, making them invisible and unusable. You can only unlock them by either waiting a while, or gather enough spirit energy.

* The mysterious figure in Teaser #3 is an alien. Okay, strap in: Many have speculated about this, and many believe that it’s a depiction of Goddess Hylia, but I think not. I think that the UFO idea from BotW’s pre-production will be part of TotK. It’s an idea rooted in the concept of gameplay in the sky, so I think it makes sense. I believe that the Zonai vanished one day and went to the heavens, but they got wiped out, and their kingdom torn apart, by invading aliens. I think that huge chunks of the kingdom got ripped apart and absorbed by UFO’s, and that the UFO’s will be the game’s main dungeons. And clearing them, will make the torn apart lands of the kingdom drop down and settle back into place, like in reverse. (and the animation will simulate a teardrop)

As for the mural itself, the woman depicted isn’t Zelda, but rather a queen of the Zonai. The alien descended, and pretended to be one of them, and made a pact with the queen, hence the cupped hand positions behind the logo in Teaser #3. The queen was later sacrificed, or killed, and the last thing the Zonai saw was the alien on a UFO, with the seven tears consisting to seven large, torn apart land masses. The reason that this was documented in a mural was that, before they went extinct, the Zonai wanted to chronicle these events.

I dunno.

So I’ve started to spend too much time theorizing again. I was thinking to maybe record a theory video, just to let loose. I have some ideas in mind, and here’s some talking points. Bear in mind that half of these are super outlandish and I’m being semi-devil’s advocate-y here.

* They’re not actually below Hyrule Castle. I think Monster Maze did a very good case for why the structure they’re finding Ganondorf in is in a faraway place rather than in the middle of Hyrule, but I’d like to elaborate. I think the ox is the main point here. It just looks like they’ve been traveling for a long, long time, perhaps days. Why bring all of that equipment on the ox, otherwise? It looked like camping equipment. I like the theory that they’ve been traveling underground for a long time, to find the long forgotten sealing chamber where Ganondorf resides. They wouldn't be camping for days just to go underneath the castle.

Here’s the broader theory: The villain in the story isn’t Ganondorf, but malice itself. Malice is a perpetual hellish evil substance who resides deep below Hyrule, stretched out over all regions, kind of like the Lifestream in FFVII. Ganondorf was originally a Gerudo with evil intent, so he took control of all malice. (Hence the Moblins and Bokoblins in a cloud of malice attacking as depicted on the mural in Teaser #3) When he was defeated, the Zonai imprisoned and sealed him. So when he gets unsealed as seen in Teaser #1, he once again gains control of malice, and it erupts all over the place, Hyrule Castle, Death Mountain, you name it. But I think Ganondorf himself is ascending, inside the abandoned structure that his chamber was in, I really got caught up in Zeltik’s idea that the main goal of the game will be up, not down. At the top of the sky, a sort of moving castle/fortress is moving across the sky where Ganondorf resides. That is what you will need to reach. You will be able to do this right after the start of the game, just like in BotW.

As for Zelda’s fate: She is falling down a shaft, into the underground stream of malice itself. Not killed, due to her divine powers, but trapped. And only by defeating the one in control of malice, Ganondorf, can Zelda be separated from the malice stream. As for Ganodorf himself, one might wonder what he will be up to. In BotW, he was perpetually locked inside Hyrule Castle with Zelda, but here, he will be of a more proactive role. The fortress will act as a new blood moon, continuously using dark magic to spawn enemies. The overworld layer of TotK will be more “hostile” this time around, with lots of malice-infested areas, and more enemies spawned from Ganondorf’s dark magic.

* There will be an alternate dimension. (AKA I think I solved the vials mystery) This is a real headache. What’s with the vials? Link has them on the boxart, all the way through Teaser #3, but they're completely absent in Teaser #2. As is the Master Sword, but Link has the messed up Master Sword in the Delay Teaser, but no vials.

I think the vials are a key component in the game. They’re not just a thing attached to the arm’s abilities, they’re the central plot item. Hence why I think Link will receive them at the very beginning. I think they will act as a magic supply for the arm. Every ability on the arm has a magic meter, and you can accumulate magic energy from enemies you defeat, Dark Souls-style, into a vial. When the arm’s ability is running out, Link will inject a vial into the arm to refill the ability. But the vials will also have a plot role, in that they will store the spiritual energy of the, presumably, tears that Link will collect from the main dungeons.

So, what’s up with them missing? I think the shot of Link opening the doors at the beginning of Teaser #3 is going to be the “cliffside” moment of the game, and that it will lead to the “Great Plateau” of TotK. And here, Link will get the vials. At this point, he also has the broken Master Sword. But every shot with him in Teaser #2 and the Delay Teaser has the vials missing. That is because I believe that there will be an alternative dimension that you enter when you pass through one of the Torii gates. You will enter the “past” of the heavenly kingdom, where it’s not yet torn apart, and this is what Aonuma meant with “the world expands beyond that”. In this dimension, Link will be stripped of the arm powers and the vials, (Note that across all teasers, it is only in his Champion’s Tunic/Hylian Tunic outfit that the hand is “used”) and the dimension, which is a segmented world and not an open one, consists of several Eventide Island-like separate quests. (The shot with the primitive axe in Teaser #3 is part of this) But here, link will have the Master Sword, because it is only in the alternate dimension where it can be reforged.

But, there’s also the fact that when Link descended in front of the Talus x Boko Camp fortress. It has the tunic, but not the vials. I believe that there will be enemies that has the capacity to lock and freeze the arm and vials, making them invisible and unusable. You can only unlock them by either waiting a while, or gather enough spirit energy.

* The mysterious figure in Teaser #3 is an alien. Okay, strap in: Many have speculated about this, and many believe that it’s a depiction of Goddess Hylia, but I think not. I think that the UFO idea from BotW’s pre-production will be part of TotK. It’s an idea rooted in the concept of gameplay in the sky, so I think it makes sense. I believe that the Zonai vanished one day and went to the heavens, but they got wiped out, and their kingdom torn apart, by invading aliens. I think that huge chunks of the kingdom got ripped apart and absorbed by UFO’s, and that the UFO’s will be the game’s main dungeons. And clearing them, will make the torn apart lands of the kingdom drop down and settle back into place, like in reverse. (and the animation will simulate a teardrop)

As for the mural itself, the woman depicted isn’t Zelda, but rather a queen of the Zonai. The alien descended, and pretended to be one of them, and made a pact with the queen, hence the cupped hand positions behind the logo in Teaser #3. The queen was later sacrificed, or killed, and the last thing the Zonai saw was the alien on a UFO, with the seven tears consisting to seven large, torn apart land masses. The reason that this was documented in a mural was that, before they went extinct, the Zonai wanted to chronicle these events.

I dunno.

I think the evidence for Ganondorf residing below the Castle outweighs the evidence he is somewhere else. Why is Ganon coming from beneath the Castle if Ganondorf is somewhere else and why would Hyrule Castle be the first structure to rise/change after Ganondorf awakens if Ganondorf is residing somewhere else? I think the best answer is the simplest, Ganondorf is beneath the Castle. I haven't seen Zeltiks theory, but I'll check it out later to see if he can change my mind.

Alternate dimensions seems a little crazy to me. I don't know, nothing says this is off the table though.

The large, sky, queen is the biggest question mark to me, specifically whatever agreement she made with a past Zelda. It seems to me they made a pact to defend Hyrule. They couldn't find a way to get rid of Ganondorf, so the sky queen went to stop him and convert his crazy malice to BoTW malice, and Zelda would stop Ganon/BoTW malice with her bloodline/sealing power. But obviously this is pure theory.

Anyways, Nintendo if you're reading we need a big trailer ASAP, it's Christmas Eve and we're still theorizing. Save us from ourselves.

This fan trailer really hits the spot. Love seeing Toga Link in front of these vistas.

Merry Christmas friends.

one more week and it's The Year of The Game of the Year, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom formerly known as The Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild LET'S FOKKEN GO

I think the evidence for Ganondorf residing below the Castle outweighs the evidence he is somewhere else. Why is Ganon coming from beneath the Castle if Ganondorf is somewhere else and why would Hyrule Castle be the first structure to rise/change after Ganondorf awakens if Ganondorf is residing somewhere else? I think the best answer is the simplest, Ganondorf is beneath the Castle. I haven't seen Zeltiks theory, but I'll check it out later to see if he can change my mind.

Alternate dimensions seems a little crazy to me. I don't know, nothing says this is off the table though.

The large, sky, queen is the biggest question mark to me, specifically whatever agreement she made with a past Zelda. It seems to me they made a pact to defend Hyrule. They couldn't find a way to get rid of Ganondorf, so the sky queen went to stop him and convert his crazy malice to BoTW malice, and Zelda would stop Ganon/BoTW malice with her bloodline/sealing power. But obviously this is pure theory.

Anyways, Nintendo if you're reading we need a big trailer ASAP, it's Christmas Eve and we're still theorizing. Save us from ourselves.
I still think that there's a chance that the Zonai and the Sheikah had some sort of agreement (or a betrayal) where Ganondorf's malice was converted to the blue flame energy that powers the Sheikah tech, using the chamber of resurrection like structure above Ganondorf's body.

Am I the only one who still sees the thread title and goes 'wait, new trailer?' at least twice a week just to realize it's still the same trailer form September

So regarding the topic of "the world doesn't look changed enough", I don't think we need to worry about change. I think instead of focusing too much on what has "changed" in the trailers we've seen, we should be also be asking ourselves what "will change" and "be changing". Because if there's one thing to keep in mind about Zelda games, especially the ones from Hidemaro Fujibayashi, it's that not only will the old world have changed, but it's something we will change as we play the game and will also change around us.

I haven't played the GBC Oracle games, but I believe the seasons and the passage of time manipulate and change the world in pretty significant ways. Minish Cap featured the kinstones, which would change the overworld quite drastically at times. Phantom HG had a constantly changing locale that you return to. Skyward Sword's locations were not only heavily recycled, but often times with significant alterations, like the forest getting flooded. Not to mention the timeshift stones that reverted a small area around them back in time.

Think of the possibilities of time reversal, especially with the hand ability, in TOTK. What if we are able to reverse the flow of time on more than just single objects later in the game? And we gradually restore Hyrule to its former glory? I also think we could see the return of something like Gratitude Crystals/Kinstones that reward us and perhaps change the layout of the world as well.

Ultimately, I think there will be both. The world will have changed between the end of BOTW and the start of TOTK AND we will actively change it as we play.

I'm sure that Nintendo's got a few tricks up their sleeve to make the BOTW map feel new enough. They weren't just gonna re-use the exact same map and call it a day. This isn't Call of Duty. (Ba-dum-tish).

I maintain that if Nintendo wanted to produce an adventure that reused the BotW map with minimal changes, they'd have already released it as a second DLC expansion and made guaranteed money off the millions of copies already out there, while saving on time and resources.

The fact that this started out as DLC brainstorming that grew into a new game should give us a hint of their ambition.

Only good Zeldatube video (I kid... well, kinda).

Thoughts?

Good video from Monster Maze as usual.

Like I've been saying, the islands didn't get ripped from Botw's map. There's no evidence anything other than the castle is lifting out of the surface. Rather, pieces of sky islands are falling to the ground. As far as we know Skyloft has never gone anywhere, so it just makes sense that the islands we see are from the same area as the sky in SS above the cloud barrer.

I think we all need to step back and realize we don't know ANYTHING about this game lol

We really don't. All we do know is; Ganondorf is back, in mummy form and there's islands in the sky. We don't even know what those island are supposed to be.

God I need that story trailer.

I'd say we know a bit more thanks to at least 4 patents detailing the skydiving, aerial bow and arrow combat, time reversal of objects, surface phasing, and seamless sound transitions with instant warping. All incidental info of course, the trailers only hinted at these mechanics. But it leaves the imagination open to a lot of gameplay possibilities.

Would be cool if Hero Path is present now in the base game, but not sure if would it work either way when this game will have at least 2 layers.

Also hoping for more qol stuff, like when you set pin on the map it shows you glowing point from the ground that you can see from big distance (as it was present when you looked at it via Sheikah Slate).

Considering it's the same engine, era, map, etc, I'm sure most of the mechanics in BOTW will be back, even expended upon.

The only things I think that won't come back is the Champion abilities. So say goodbye to Revali's gale.

Considering it's the same engine, era, map, etc, I'm sure most of the mechanics in BOTW will be back, even expended upon.

The only things I think that won't come back is the Champion abilities. So say goodbye to Revali's gale.
Those were massively overpowered anyway. Some would say game braking.

It seems like TotK will not be released with new hardware. That being said I loved BoTW and will hopefully love TotK as much or more, but I'm glad that the best (and only) way to experience TotK won't be locked behind a $400-500 (USD) price tag.

Get ready for the classic held back by the switch hardware reviews when TotK releases may 10th 2023 to a beautiful 89 metacritic score. Please understand.

It seems like TotK will not be released with new hardware. That being said I loved BoTW and will hopefully love TotK as much or more, but I'm glad that the best (and only) way to experience TotK won't be locked behind a $400-500 (USD) price tag.
Was there an update about the new hardware?

Anyway, if there isn’t a new hardware I’d be really curious to understand the lack of marketing for this game when it’s less than 5 months away of its release. That’s really unusual.

Last edited:

Anyway, if there isn’t a new hardware I’d be really curious to understand the lack of marketing for this game when it’s less than 5 months away of its release. That’s really unusual.
Yeah, I'm not the one to explain it though. There are posts in the hardware thread that summarize the last ~15 pages.

It had its release date revealed 8 months before release, while BotW only had that 1.5 month before release.
It received a teaser trailer in 2019, then a gameplay trailer in 2021 and another gameplay teaser with release date 8 months prior to release.
You can bet February Direct will be all about it, 3 months before release.

I think a good point of comparison is Animal Crossing New Horizons: had its teaser in 2018 for a 2019 release. At E3 2019, received a blowout trailer with its release date (delayed) for 9 months after the event. The September Direct literally just showed the same footage again. The game only got its blowout and heavy marketing with its own Direct in February.

Nintendo doesn't show a lot of their games so far from release. Those hours of footage of BotW at E3 2016 were the absolute exception because that was the only game they were showing. And we later came to know it was faaaaaaarrrr from revealing much of the game lol.

What is unusual about it? That's the whole marketing cycle on the Switch. Most games are marketed very close to release. Like two months before release or around that for their most games.

It had its release date revealed 8 months before release, while BotW only had that 1.5 month before release.
It received a teaser trailer in 2019, then a gameplay trailer in 2021 and another gameplay teaser with release date 8 months prior to release.
You can bet February Direct will be all about it, 3 months before release.

I think a good point of comparison is Animal Crossing New Horizons: had its teaser in 2018 for a 2019 release. At E3 2019, received a blowout trailer with its release date (delayed) for 9 months after the event. The September Direct literally just showed the same footage again. The game only got its blowout and heavy marketing with its own Direct in February.

Nintendo doesn't show a lot of their games so far from release. Those hours of footage of BotW at E3 2016 were the absolute exception because that was the only game they were showing. And we later came to know it was faaaaaaarrrr from revealing much of the game lol.
At E3 2019 we already knew enough about the game with the treehouse demo. Of course there are games that received this treatment, but it’s unusual for very important first party titles.

I'm curious when Nintendo will have a hands on preview event. Probably around a month before release? With out a proper E3 makes this marketing cycle quite different than all the past games.

I wonder how the map system will work, since I don’t remember seeing any Sheikah tower visible in either trailers (I could be wrong tho), and I’m not even talking about the sky map.

Gosh I really want Fire Emblem Engage to « Degage » (french for « get out ! ») so Nintendo can finally show some proper gameplay and not 1 minute of out of context footage and 30 seconds of cutcsene.

I wonder how the map system will work, since I don’t remember seeing any Sheikah tower visible in either trailers (I could be wrong tho), and I’m not even talking about the sky map.

Gosh I really want Fire Emblem Engage to « Degage » (french for « get out ! ») so Nintendo can finally show some proper gameplay and not 1 minute of out of context footage and 30 seconds of cutcsene.
There's not been any Sheikh tech visible at all apart from Zelda having the slate. Whatever the game's interface is will surely have a different theming to the one in BotW.
Maybe you start with a hand drawn map and can fill in some details using vantage points in the sky, or it might not be a thing at all.

Found this on reddit.

ksoq646qxn8a1.png

Found this on reddit.

ksoq646qxn8a1.png
With the screenshots being apparently all taken from the release date trailer, I don't rule out it being fake.

But if it is real, is there a Nintendo Switch Online symbol in games that don't feature something major online or that just have stuff like rankings in minigames online like SMO and Bayo 3?

With the screenshots being apparently all taken from the release date trailer, I don't rule out it being fake.

But if it is real, is there a Nintendo Switch Online symbol in games that don't feature something major online or that just have stuff like rankings in minigames online like SMO and Bayo 3?
Honestly if all the screenshots are from the trailer, I think that pretty much confirms it's fakeness.

Honestly if all the screenshots are from the trailer, I think that pretty much confirms it's fakeness.

Not necessarily; it's just that Nintendo is refusing to put new pictures of it (annoying, but I've seen this before with games).

This actually looks legit to me. I’m not surprised the page only has screenshots from the last trailer since those exact, 3 second clips were probably selected partially because they contained diverse actions of Link that could be used for early promotional material.

It is very well laid out, and most people who fake stuff would try to “leak” more substantial info if they went through all that effort, a Switch Online logo isn’t substantial in my opinion, since it could mean anything.

I think the Eshop and Switch Online logos are a bit out of place, but I think it’s more likely to be legit than a fake. The background (you can see Nintendo Switch boxes) makes it seem like he’s in the back of some GameStop or something.

Last edited:
Even if that pamphlet was real, and i don't think it is, the graph in the bottom right corner clearly says it's a 1 player game.

These same screenshots are on the UK Nintenodo page

Still, the Switch Online thing feels out of place, look at the left down corner, you see that small white outline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Please note that this thread is completely spoiler-free, and that includes tagged spoilers. If you want to discuss spoilers, we refer to the spoiler thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom