• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you guys like an underwater world, a la atlantis?
Yeah would be amazing to have underwater swimming but then also maybe a city, dungeon or village in a bubble at the bottom of the sea!

I still think the next news will come at The Game Awards. Even if it is just a name reveal and more approximate release window (most likely a season or quarter rather than just a year)

I meant more from a marketing standpoint. They've never really worried about clarifying which version of a game they're showing, as even the Zeldas have looked basically the same.

Of course, I suppose you could argue we've already gotten used to this; Switch Lite owners don't question watching docked Switch footage in every trailer. The difference will be significantly larger, though.
Another point to note is that TP was originally for the NGC and BotW for the Wii U, both failed consoles with a small install base, and I believe it was exciting to sell a new Zelda game with a new console to the masses.
This time the console is the Switch with a big and active user base.

I wonder too if they’ll know how to sell the technical improvements to the general public. Most Zelda fans are on the bag, but what about all of those new fans that came with BotW?

I wonder too if they’ll know how to sell the technical improvements to the general public. Most Zelda fans are on the bag, but what about all of those new fans that came with BotW?
Common folk know "4k" when they hear it. Pair that with non-specific phases like "better visual experience" or whatever and it'll do fine

8 days, what are we hoping to see? 👀

I saw an interesting question recently: would you hope that dungeon items return? or for a looser mix of some item-gated dungeons and some dungeons that can be tackled without special abilities?

I saw an interesting question recently: would you hope that dungeon items return? or for a looser mix of some item-gated dungeons and some dungeons that can be tackled without special abilities?
I like dungeons. Wouldn't mind more item-gated dungeons. That's exactly what I'd like: a stronger mix between BOTW and every 3D game before BOTW. Don't know if everyone would be down for that.

Would you guys like an underwater world, a la atlantis?
LZ7_Ages_map7Z_underwater.png

I wouldn't mind, I love water worlds!

I'm hoping for a new kind of atmosphere in the material, if this game wants to set itself apart it should feel different that the predecessor. Dungeons can do that but I'm hoping for an overworld change as well, I was thinking underwater traversal or new biomes.

Thought I've been having - the 3D Zeldas are very like each other. It's not actually that weird for a 3D Zelda to be substantially similar to its predecessors. "Get three things, then do four more things" as a friend of mine used to describe it. The same game structure, but a new world with maybe one significant twist.

Breath of the Wild blew that whole calcifying structure up, and that's great. But my expectations for the first post BotW Zelda would be for a game that begins the iteration on the open world Zelda format the same way Majora's Mask through Skyward Sword iterated on the core Ocarina formula. Polish the core game play loop, add one new significant feature, set in a new world in a new style.

But here we know the world and the visual style are significantly the same. That pushes more gameplay changes to keep it distinct - but right after BotW redefined the whole damn series that seems like a lot.

I'm so excited for this game, but the more I think about it the stranger its existence is to me

Nintendo should really expand underwater gameplay. Please listen to me Nintendo.

if you think this means swimming segments Nintendo, do not listen to him

if I’m walking on the ocean floor tho? I guess that’s cool

The Legend of This Year They'll Finally Show Zelda Again at The Game Awards Maybe

If they do it like that you get a special item which is actually useful and not only an item what you use like 7 times in the entire game then yes. Because the most used items were always the bombs, bow and hookshot. You have bombs, bows and revalis gale or your stamina meter instead of the hookshot.

Nintendo should really expand underwater gameplay. Please listen to me Nintendo.
I remember there was a video that did the rounds a while back of using a glitch to see underwater in BotW and it looked incredible. I’d love if they expand on that in the sequel.

I remember there was a video that did the rounds a while back of using a glitch to see underwater in BotW and it looked incredible. I’d love if they expand on that in the sequel.
It honestly looked way too good for not being able to see it.

Long live timezone differences, I'll wake up to either just another Friday or to a day of frantically arranging Zelda music for my YouTube channel 😅

*or I'll wake up at 2AM unable to sleep :p

Not watching it live but I 100% believe it'll show up based on the history of BOTW with TGA, and based on Bill Trinen comment at E3 about how we would see BOTW2 again this year.

I don't believe for a second that today is the day, but i'm gonna have to check anyway.
I can confirm today is at least a day.

I don't know why the prospect of more news makes me nervous. The prospect of gameplay reveal particularly. Why does this unsettle me? Why?

I really just want the game to drop out of nowhere.

I can confirm today is at least a day.

I don't know why the prospect of more news makes me nervous. The prospect of gameplay reveal particularly. Why does this unsettle me? Why?

I really just want the game to drop out of nowhere.

It's because the game has the potential to the the GOAT, but hey no pressure Aonuma I'll be here waiting anyway.

Not gonna expect it because I already did in 2019 and 2020. It's the Nintendo game that makes the most sense, but well, what makes sense is not always what Nintendo does.

I hope 🥺🤞 but I won't expect it because I don't want disappointment.

Nate and Grubb saying both that they dont think that Botw2 will be at the game awards makes me nervous. But I think they might be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Please note that this thread is completely spoiler-free, and that includes tagged spoilers. If you want to discuss spoilers, we refer to the spoiler thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom