• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know why I’m excited for reviews tomorrow when I know damn well I’ll load the Metacritic page, not read a word, nod at the score and go back under my rock

Last edited:
It's so interesting.

Xenoblade X isn't just the sequel to Xenoblade 1.

Its also the prequel to BotW. It's so interesting seeing how the world design evolved, but it's very much cut from the same cloth.

In some cases I think Mira > BOTW Hyrule especially on foot. Really well designed world for running and moonjumping everywhere.

But I'm expecting TOTK Hyrule to be the best Nintendo open world for a while.

It's so interesting.

Xenoblade X isn't just the sequel to Xenoblade 1.

Its also the prequel to BotW. It's so interesting seeing how the world design evolved, but it's very much cut from the same cloth.

shame it had boring-ass climbing instead of exaggerated sprinting and jumping and flying giant robots or i'd have liked it a lot more than I did

do we know when the ratings will be on metacritic and do we know when totk will have its esbr page???

we need to start a petition to get loftwings in the game somehow. should definitely be post game so the essence of crafting isnt obscured

On the purple forum however I'll post the quotes if you want to avoid visiting that site:

Also, there are no spoilers, I just put into spoilers to save you guys from scrolling too much.

I’m not much of a prognosticator, but I am absolutely astounded by TOTK. And I think BOTW is the finest game I’ve ever played. I suspect I won’t be alone in that assessment.

I played the game for almost 80 hours by now and I can say without fear that it's a better game than Breath of the Wild. It's what Mario Galaxy 2 was to 1. My Guess is 97-98.

Breath of the Wild was very good, Tears of the Kingdom is superb. They "fixed" every single issue i had with BOTW, seriously, what a fantastic experience. The game's a 10 out of 10 to me. Edit: just to make it clear, yes, I have played the game to completion.

I’ll echo these sentiments, I don’t know how the reviews will go down but this has replaced BOTW in my Top 3, the game is an absolute marvel

And the best one that has got me really hyped
The game is about exploring and discovery, through and through. If you ask me that is where they expanded even more. Fuse and ultrahand are merely tools. It has the BotW exploring and experimental gameplay^10. But I can see why they have these new tools so that the gameplay and puzzle solving are fresh and sets the game apart from BotW. If you think you’re gonna be forced to ultrahanding things and making vehicles often you’re wrong. If you think you’re gonna be crafting and fusing often you’re also wrong. Also I wouldn’t call any of it crafting except the cooking part.

If you think the map design is similar or stale you’re also wrong. Having spent over 500 hours in BotW and got all 900 seeds I still can’t make out lots of areas because they’ve dug deep and redesigned a lot of it… It’s a Zelda game in every sense of the word and harks back to “miyamoto and exploring caves” quite significantly.

The opening area is equivalent to pure zen and relaxation, honestly it’s like therapy. That Nintendo magic is in full force. Basically if you loved BotW TotK is pure bliss again. It’s a massive world to get lost into and explore in so many ways. Reviews are gonna be loaded with 10s across the board. At this point I don’t think any game has a chance of GotY this year, even if you count the last decade I don’t think anything is gonna stand up from a gameplay and systems level.
Wow, that reviews along with some minor spoilers I got from the other thread makes me more optimistic, gladly. Ready to get!

Mark Brown of Game Maker Toolkit's Fame celebrates the upcoming release of Tears of the Kingdom the best way he knows how-- by talking about the open world design of Breath of the Wild. More specifically, this is a summary of Nintendo's GDC talk back in 2017, where they talked about how they ended crafting BotW's open world the way they did. Never, and I mean never, let anyone tell you that Breath of the Wild does not have level design.

Got me all worked up for TotK again!

Who’s taking time off work for this game? Couldn’t be me…
costanza-wink.gif

My Walmart standard edition with the gold Master Sword scroll finally shipped today en route to my vacation rental, and my CE will ship separately to my NY apartment soon enough. Feeling secure about getting it physically on launch day for sure :)

Hey folks,

The ST is now live, and so this concludes the Pre-Release thread. I've been running this thread for years, and across two websites, so it's feels a little like the end of an age to see it finally concluded. Thanks everyone for hyping with me and each other all this time. Let's play a great game.

PrereleaseFinale.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Please note that this thread is completely spoiler-free, and that includes tagged spoilers. If you want to discuss spoilers, we refer to the spoiler thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom