• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic The Kit & Krysta Podcast |ST|

They really called out the culture at NOA around E3. It doesn't surprise me really because it seems that every aspect of E3 is stressful for everyone involved except maybe the execs lmfao.

Another week, another kit and Krysta clickbait title.
I enjoy listening to them, but these clickbait titles feel condescending. When I see a new episode of their show in my podcast feed I more often than not roll my eyes and scroll further. They're frankly the only podcast I follow that use clickbait titles like this and I'm not sure if clickbait is actually helping longform content like podcasts considering the time commitment.

My favorite one was the "BIG Wii Sports moment that almost didn't happen" which then turned out to be some event in NYC that almost no listeners will have ever even heard of. If you do clickbait at least make the resolution worth it! lol

Imagine being an influential, decision-making excecutive and insisting that BoTW will fail... only to see it become a massive, industry-affecting smash hit lol. What a blow to the ego.

Overall, I'm still enjoying the podcast. I love the insider glimpse into working at Nintendo. It's enough to keep me interested without burning any bridges. The Q/A is still the highlight of each episode.

I will say that I'm not really into the Kit & Krysta "show" (the Friday, non-podcast content). I just don't really like watching people play games or compete that much, outside of speedrunning. Just a general personal preference, not specific to them.

And the clickbait titles and thumbnails are a little much, but they don't really annoy me since the content is enjoyable. I know they talked about learning content strategy and marketing at their job. It's all part of the game, for better or worse.

Imagine being an influential, decision-making excecutive and insisting that BoTW will fail... only to see it become a massive, industry-affecting smash hit lol. What a blow to the ego.

Overall, I'm still enjoying the podcast. I love the insider glimpse into working at Nintendo. It's enough to keep me interested without burning any bridges. The Q/A is still the highlight of each episode.

I will say that I'm not really into the Kit & Krysta "show" (the Friday, non-podcast content). I just don't really like watching people play games or compete that much, outside of speedrunning. Just a general personal preference, not specific to them.

And the clickbait titles and thumbnails are a little much, but they don't really annoy me since the content is enjoyable. I know they talked about learning content strategy and marketing at their job. It's all part of the game, for better or worse.
Who executive was that?

I have my guess that it's Doug Bowser.

This executive had enough clout, and enough good speaking skills to even convince Reggie of a lot of things. He was VP of Marketing, and it would truly align of his background too. I could totally see an Ex-EA executive say that BotW was too boring, didn't have enough cinematics, or "awesome" moments.

Clearly, this executive is still at the company and is a big influence. I really have to think it is him.

If that's the case, I truly shudder to think the state of NoA is if the leader couldn't see one of the most highly rated games of all time when it was right under his nose. It's one thing to not like the game. But after seeing footage, I don't think anyone but trolls actually believed the game would fail.

This executive had enough clout, and enough good speaking skills to even convince Reggie of a lot of things. He was VP of Marketing, and it would truly align of his background too. I could totally see an Ex-EA executive say that BotW was too boring, didn't have enough cinematics, or "awesome" moments.

Clearly, this executive is still at the company and is a big influence. I really have to think it is him.

If that's the case, I truly shudder to think the state of NoA is if the leader couldn't see one of the most highly rated games of all time when it was right under his nose. It's one thing to not like the game. But after seeing footage, I don't think anyone but trolls actually believed the game would fail.
His was the first name that came to my mind as well, although I don't really want to speculate. Either way, this is the reason individuals, even those with significant influence, don't make big decisions without input from many collaborators. No one person is going to get it right every time, but you hope on aggregate the wisdom of the crowd will prevail.

They already clarified in their Youtube comments that it wasn’t him. I’m still wondering who it could be.

Who executive was that?

Unknown, but they still work at Nintendo. Only confirmation is they supposedly clarified that it wasn't Doug Bowser.

There are probably lots of executives at NoA that aren't that well known to the public eye.
This is my guess. Their "not too late to apologize" tweet (while just a playful joke), make me think it's not someone quite as big or public as the NOA president.

I enjoy listening to them, but these clickbait titles feel condescending. When I see a new episode of their show in my podcast feed I more often than not roll my eyes and scroll further. They're frankly the only podcast I follow that use clickbait titles like this and I'm not sure if clickbait is actually helping longform content like podcasts considering the time commitment.
This is a great point. 👉
It helps to stack it up with the tactics of other content creators because til now, like BombChorizo, I just assumed this was "the way" content has to be formatted in the current YouTube era.

But I'd there are other examples of successful channels that don't rely on these tactics, boom, maybe have actionable examples.

I encourage you to share the feedback w them! They seem pretty receptive to it, at least at this early stage of their channel (ie before num subs results in majority of feedback getting buried).

This was pretty entertaining. I loved reading Nintendo Power as a kid. I didn't start reading until the mid-90s when there were more screenshots and less custom artwork, but I still have the same nostalgia as Kit.

EDIT: Speaking of clickbait, this might be their most egregious use of it lol

am I wrong thinking they might have inside information on this. Like wouldn’t they have a better prediction than most based on their last job.
they likely don't have any info about this direct, but they are very well informed about the timing and when it'll be announced, what kinda announcements are appropriate for a june direct, etc. i listened to the first 30 mins, some good stuff there.

seems like they are also live reacting to the Geoff Keighley stream. and live streaming it unlike the previous reactions they've done.

they likely don't have any info about this direct, but they are very well informed about the timing and when it'll be announced, what kinda announcements are appropriate for a june direct, etc. i listened to the first 30 mins, some good stuff there.
Yeah not the direct itself but I’m sure they are aware of what games are due to launch this year and such. I’m sure they had to sign NDAs prior to leaving. Just think it’s odd they would make a video as if they are in the dark.

"Paul Gale is a menace" made me spit out my drink

Yeah not the direct itself but I’m sure they are aware of what games are due to launch this year and such. I’m sure they had to sign NDAs prior to leaving. Just think it’s odd they would make a video as if they are in the dark.

they probably do know some things just because of their relationships with others still working at Nintendo, but they claimed early on in the podcast that they don't actually know anything because Nintendo is very big on the "need to know" philosophy. So unless they are like directly working on the marketing of some product, they would be kept in the dark. I can believe it since their job was mainly to talk about stuff which is already known to the public, or prepare marketing for products which will soon be known to the public. Obviously, it would be very different for people working at the Treehouse, for example.

Their content is pretty enjoyable imo.

But the funniest thing are all the comments on YouTube that would constantly question their chemistry and how good thy get along back when Nintendo Minute was thing.

While they themselves immediately started new projects together after they left Nintendo lol.

Their content is pretty enjoyable imo.

But the funniest thing are all the comments on YouTube that would constantly question their chemistry and how good thy get along back when Nintendo Minute was thing.

While they themselves immediately started new projects together after they left Nintendo lol.
People aren't the brightest.

That title is gonna poke a couple beehives. 😅

honestly this is probably one thing even die-hard PS and Xbox fans can agree on lol

Nintendo is just obviously much better at this format of communicating news to fans. they've been doing it much longer of course.

That title is gonna poke a couple beehives. 😅

I haven’t watched this episode yet but it’s kind of a weird headline considering last episode they said Nintendo directs are good but not great.
Does that make Xbox and Sonys events just okay because that seems a bit harsh.
I should probably just watch the Episode tbh lol

Whenever I see people from California post pictures of pizza, I weep for the entire state. How can one state get pizza so wrong lol

Also, I am team pineapple on pizza... but with olives and anchovies?!? What in all that is unholy...
There are some good pizza places here. One of my genuine mind-blown favorites is in a small town on the central coast, and my hometown has a couple of heavy, greasy, topping-lined pizzerias that got me to where I can't hardly call the national chains "pizza" anymore.

But sometimes.. dude, sometimes you can find hipster places that just miss the point.

Seriously I thought "anchovies on pizza" was a joke from the 80s. I've never seen a place actually offer it.

There are some good pizza places here. One of my genuine mind-blown favorites is in a small town on the central coast, and my hometown has a couple of heavy, greasy, topping-lined pizzerias that got me to where I can't hardly call the national chains "pizza" anymore.

But sometimes.. dude, sometimes you can find hipster places that just miss the point.

Seriously I thought "anchovies on pizza" was a joke from the 80s. I've never seen a place actually offer it.

My brother in law gets anchovies on pizza. We were at the beach and convinced us to give it a try because he said it was a mind blowing flavor enhancement. So we ordered pepperoni and anchovies.

It was disgusting. I picked them off, and it was too late. The pizza was ruined. It penetrated everything.

As for pizza, my favorite is still New Haven style pizza. Shit is life changing.

My brother in law gets anchovies on pizza. We were at the beach and convinced us to give it a try because he said it was a mind blowing flavor enhancement. So we ordered pepperoni and anchovies.

It was disgusting. I picked them off, and it was too late. The pizza was ruined. It penetrated everything.

As for pizza, my favorite is still New Haven style pizza. Shit is life changing.
See that's how I react to pickles on a sandwich. Even if you pick them off, the.. juice.. remains. 😑

a hot fucking pickle.
rkKx3jE.gif

It's funny that the episode at the beggining of the month was predictions about what was going to be in the Direct lol.

With our last DIY-Book "Cringe click-bait Thumbnail for dummies", you too can become an vtuber-star.

It's a shame because I find their personality and content wholesome but these pictures and headlines. Yuk.

Back
Top Bottom