• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic The Kit & Krysta Podcast |ST|

With our last DIY-Book "Cringe click-bait Thumbnail for dummies", you too can become an vtuber-star.

It's a shame because I find their personality and content wholesome but these pictures and headlines. Yuk.
You should blame youtube algorithms, not Kit & Krysta. They're doing what they have to do to promote their content.

You should blame youtube algorithms, not Kit & Krysta. They're doing what they have to do to promote their content.
Good point.

Soooo.... it's a shame because I like looking YouTube, but these pictures and headlines.. 😉

The video from Toad King above makes valid points too.
The clothes don't make the man and all things like that.
I agree with that. But personnaly, the probability I click on a video gets lower if the presentation of the cover looks like that.

VvBOxI3.png

Hahah, maybe that was their plan all along. Induce a Direct by denying it and thus prompting the Nintendo Overlords to be like "o yea?!"

Real talk, I'd be curious to hear:

a) their explanation into the creation of the "Partner Direct"

b) when they would predict a follow-up first-party Direct given need to communicate Fall/Winter titles

With our last DIY-Book "Cringe click-bait Thumbnail for dummies", you too can become an vtuber-star.

It's a shame because I find their personality and content wholesome but these pictures and headlines. Yuk.
You should tell them directly, probably only way to get em to change the tactic.

Heh, they talk about Thumbnails, Video Titles and being accused of being clickbaity;

They're definitely reading this thread ;P
Hi Kit and Krysta! Really enjoying the show, clickbait or not.

I would not be surprised at all if either one or both of them are on here. Not lurking, I mean on Fami.

btw if yall are, sup!! ❤️

Kit did namedrop the other place, so it isn't improbable.

An interesting note about Reggie's expression during the Nintendoland ending. Yeah he definitely seems really down on the whole thing lol.

I wonder what it's like working on something like this knowing it's going to get torn apart. Wild.

personally i'm glad nintendo stopped doing the live conferences. so many awkward moments and bad decisions that are avoided by doing pre-recorded directs.
This is one thing where Nintendo was way ahead of the curve. I think the main reason people missed the press conferences (early on) is just that when Directs started the concept of livestreaming was still relatively in its infancy so it wasn't what people were used to. When you really think about it, regarding the so-called advantages of a press conference, it's basically the live audience. And, frankly, I always thought it was weird and uncomfortable that you had a theatre filled with media and press who were cheering on these corporate announcements. In hindsight, I think most people would agree that stuff was not great, even if they enjoyed it in the moment to some extent.

This is one thing where Nintendo was way ahead of the curve. I think the main reason people missed the press conferences (early on) is just that when Directs started the concept of livestreaming was still relatively in its infancy so it wasn't what people were used to. When you really think about it, regarding the so-called advantages of a press conference, it's basically the live audience. And, frankly, I always thought it was weird and uncomfortable that you had a theatre filled with media and press who were cheering on these corporate announcements. In hindsight, I think most people would agree that stuff was not great, even if they enjoyed it in the moment to some extent.
agreed. the fact that pretty much everyone has moved into that direction now shows that it was the right decision. it's not even needed for console reveals anymore, as we say with how sony and MS handled ps5 and xbs reveals (tho that was mostly because of covid but still, it was for the better).

I’ll check this out later, but it’s not like it’s been that long since they left some fairly senior marketing positions at Nintendo, so I have to imagine they’d know something about hardware plans one way or another.

Edit: Listening in, it sounds like they may not.

Last edited:
I feel like they've been on the ball when it comes to managing fan expectations. Two recent examples are no June Nintendo Direct (correct -- there was only a Partner Showcase) and no new Switch revision(aka Pro) just cause the OLED announcement was pulled down. (also correct -- though we did get a Splatoon 3 OLED)

My understanding from listening to them is that they wouldn't learn of games until just before marketing would need to start for it. Treehouse would be the part of NoA that would know about new products the soonest based on necessity. But they describe the ninjas as being very persistent and scary, so if someone was leaking then the legal department wouldn't give up until they're found out.

I feel like they've been on the ball when it comes to managing fan expectations. Two recent examples are no June Nintendo Direct (correct -- there was only a Partner Showcase) and no new Switch revision(aka Pro) just cause the OLED announcement was pulled down. (also correct -- though we did get a Splatoon 3 OLED)

FWIW, Kit said that there would probably be a Splatoon-themed Switch in an earlier episode (when they discussed the release pacing for the remainder of the year).

FWIW, Kit said that there would probably be a Splatoon-themed Switch in an earlier episode (when they discussed the release pacing for the remainder of the year).
Everyone and their mom predicted Splatoon OLED being a thing, it was one of the expected LE even before leaks.

just listened to the episode. i feel pretty much exactly the same as kit and krysta when it comes to the years of switch pro speculation. it's good to have some nintendo content creators around who have actual experience about this kind of stuff and aren't completely hypnotized by insider culture.

Last edited:
oh geez was not expecting a 1 hr gameplay video when I clicked on that one. I'll watch it later 😅

I particularly enjoyed the shade they were throwing at NFT grossness when talking about the MS statement on Minecraft.

New Patreon tiers are live. Looks like they kept the original 3 tiers and added a couple.
  • $2/mo tier with Discord access and the ability to submit Q&As (similar to $5 tier but no 24hr early episodes)
  • $50/mo tier with production input, an expanded shout out, social media interaction and merch discounts
Their Discord is good. Everyone is nice and the Q&A is my favorite part of the podcast. Not sure how many will join the $50 tier (I always skip the shout outs) but good on them for expanding options.

okay i'll bite. hesitant to add subscriptions for personal reasons but at $2/mo i'm in. I want that discord access! 😂 I'd love to support them more because I enjoy the content and hope it continues, but for now this will have to do.

okay i'll bite. hesitant to add subscriptions for personal reasons but at $2/mo i'm in. I want that discord access! 😂 I'd love to support them more because I enjoy the content and hope it continues, but for now this will have to do.

I really enjoy their Discord because I can actually keep track of the conversation. It's active but not chaotic like so many fast-moving Discords that are impossible to follow. Maybe I'm just old school but I generally struggle with Discord and prefer forums.

Back
Top Bottom