• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic The Kit & Krysta Podcast |ST|

excited for them!

i enjoyed Nintendo Minute, but the content was clearly very safe and curated. they obviously won't be burning any bridges here, but i'm hoping we get a bit more candid content

That's cool, I wonder how different the content will be now that they get to choose what to cover.

Great to hear! I think the "inside stories" that they promise to share are a goldmine. There are probably lots that they can share now, just as Reggie and his book.

Neat! I never watched Nintendo Minute but good to see they’re keeping it going in a new form

It’s crazy watching the evolution of Kit. I remember him over a decade ago as my PR rep at Nintendo. It’s weird having watched him become a celebrity in his own right.

What great news. They have enough Nintendo PR discipline to really make this work.

So glad they're doing this and wish them the best. I'll support on Patreon to help keep this going.

This is so neat. They are right, there isn't a lot of podcasts out there with people who were super deep with these huge video game companies. It's like everyone has an uncle that worked at Nintendo now.

After finishing the episode I'm really interested to hear more of their Nintendo Storytime segments. Pretty interesting insight to Nintendo without crossing the NDA lines (I hope anyway).

Good first episode.

Have just listened to the first 20 minutes (didn't expect the episode to be 100 minutes!), will listen to the rest later... I'll absolutely support them on Patreon if the rest of the episode content is of the same quality!

Yep! I was already convinced to stick around since I loved Nintendo Minute anyways, but this is so much better, more natural... they're talking freely, whatever they feel like;

it's a keeper for sure! Best of luck for the two!

I love this podcast.

The first episode was really great, and Kit and Krysta are very knowledgeable.

Halfway through their first episode and it is SO great to hear them as their full authentic selves. Their working relationship makes soooo much more sense to me now, I adore this podcast too.

Very much agree with Kit about Splatoon 3. Feels like he shares a lot of the same sentiment of people here.

They gotta blow the lid off that game soon.

Just listened to it, and wow it really did all tie back to that news last year that Nintendo was closing their satellite office in California. From the sounds of it at least Nintendo was offering to relocate their staff to Washington, but regardless that's a hard decision and I feel for the people who were let go.

One other thing that came to mind for me is that it's fascinating to hear the thoughts of people who worked at Nintendo when they can speak freely off of the corporate play book. Especially how it's like, yeah the thoughts of fans of video games are shared inside the company too. From things like feelings regarding Pokemon's direction before Arceus came along, to the news of the latest Direct with stuff like being surprised at Sportsmates being the focus over Miis in Switch Sports.

I'm finally cracking this open and I'm 30 minutes in. I'm pleasantly surprised to hear how similar their rapport is to theirs on Nintendo Minute.
Looking forward to the rest of their podcast career together

I rarely watched them, but I always thought they have good chemistry together, I hope it's gonna feel less censored and corporate from now on, they certainly have potential.

Kind of in a rush and can’t read thread right now. Will this be Nintendo focused or them covering the whole gaming industry?

Kind of in a rush and can’t read thread right now. Will this be Nintendo focused or them covering the whole gaming industry?
they obviously talk about nintendo a lot but they also talk about other games/platforms. this isn't like nintendo minute.

It's fine to talk about all games but I think their brand should still be a Nintendo focused podcast which i think they did focus on for the episode

Great chemistry just listening to them (as opposed to a video) and the little nuggets of life at Nintendo should be great

It's fine to talk about all games but I think their brand should still be a Nintendo focused podcast which i think they did focus on for the episode

Great chemistry just listening to them (as opposed to a video) and the little nuggets of life at Nintendo should be great
It's probably going to change depending on what's happening in the industry. They're both obviously huge Nintendo fans but I can imagine the next two weeks with Horizon and Eldin Ring will be a big change from their mostly Nintendo talk.

I always glossed over Nintendo Minute but I found I enjoyed their easy rapport in this 'cast coupled w/ reduced filter on both what they can say but also the game and platform topics they will talk about.

Really interesting to hear that despite officially leaving in January they had no idea how Arceus and Kirby we're looking and thus we're happily surprised with how they turned out!

From the podcast it sounds like this is gonna be their fulltime gig? That surprised me, I wonder what it'll grow to beyond just a podcast

From the podcast it sounds like this is gonna be their fulltime gig? That surprised me, I wonder what it'll grow to beyond just a podcast
they confirmed on a Gamexplain interview that this is indeed their fulltime gig. They claim to have a lot of plans for the future but need some time for expansion. If you're curious in the hour long interview, here it is.

they confirmed on a Gamexplain interview that this is indeed their fulltime gig. They claim to have a lot of plans for the future but need some time for expansion. If you're curious in the hour long interview, here it is.

Oooh I'll break my no-GX rule for this

they did touch on something similar in the first ep of the podcast too RE: patreon, mentioning advice from their friends such as GX

Hope it works out for them. They are quite unique as a team and the 50/50 gender split is a nice change of pace. It is also clear Kit and Krysta have been gaming all their lives and have a deep well of experience to draw from from the past 20 to 25 years (were starting to get podcast panelists whose first gaming experiences were on Wii , DS, PS or Xbox) and they just don't contribute the same I find and react to things different. They will get there eventually but the quality of gaming discussion isn't what it was like in the early 2000s

Kit In particular made comments around Konami, and commented on Nintendo fan communities frustrations tells me he's a hardcore gamer and is one of us.

Very cool

Interesting to hear that they don't feel they will know any of the games that will be revealed in the next Direct. And that the new Mario Strikers game seemed to be news for them?

Interesting to hear that they don't feel they will know any of the games that will be revealed in the next Direct. And that the new Mario Strikers game seemed to be news for them?
Kit mentioned that he didn't want to do a reaction to the Direct because it wouldn't be genuine, since he was aware of >some< of the announcements.. but I do think they both would only know so much either way.

Would be interesting indeed to see their actual reactions to a new Direct later in the year, fully blind of the new announcements.

Not a bad idea, best of luck to them! I am gonna be watching this podcast.

Considering they were in marketing roles and worked with a lot of content creators, I don’t doubt they can make this a successful full time gig. Also glad to hear they’re going to branch out beyond just focusing on Nintendo games.

First episode was def a good start.

Dang, those Kid Icarus cards 👀

I wonder how many of those Miyamoto printed doodles from the apple event survived; Gotta imagine half those folks it was given out to didn't understand what they were getting!

I really enjoyed today's video, man! They are the only ones who could show off that kind of collecting items... Very cool!

Back
Top Bottom