• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion The first official "Sonic The Hedgehog is a Great Franchise" thread

GIF didn't load; but I'm terribly sorry if I can't share my opinion if it isn't a positive one.
Ah dang, yeah sometimes you have to click it and go to imgur for it to work. Sometimes it just runs. 🤷‍♂️
All it was was Jim Carrey in Bruce Almighty where he says "I admire your candor." 😅

Just dropping in to say I watched Sonic 2 today and had a blast with it.

I went to my local cinema and saw a young kid clutching his Sonic teddy. To see a child not even a third of my age digging the blue blur, made my day.

It's weird, I never liked the Sonic games I played, didn't enjoy the old TV show or the new movie BUT I kinda love the character for some reason 😀
It's a classic character design for good reason. Perfect balance of cool and cute.

lji3j21rb4341.png

It's weird, I never liked the Sonic games I played, didn't enjoy the old TV show or the new movie BUT I kinda love the character for some reason 😀
It's a classic character design for good reason. Perfect balance of cool and cute.

lji3j21rb4341.png
I'd say he's in the running for being considered Japan's Mickey Mouse, really.

I'd say he's in the running for being considered Japan's Mickey Mouse, really.
Interesting premise and now you've got me thinking about who else is in the running...

Mario
Pikachu
Sonic
Kirby
Moomin (he's on a lot of stuff)
Hello Kitty

It must have been an achievement for a Finnish character to be Japan's Mickey Mouse. That's like if Snoopy is slated to be Japan's Mickey Mouse just because he shows up on a lot of Japan stuff (the series even has its own Hanafuda cards, like the Moomins!), even though Snoopy isn't from Japan.

Thank you for reading.

a lot of great games, and several really bad games, which means there's no way of knowing whether Sonic Frontiers will be quality.

Game Informer ranks the best Sonic games:

Top 3 is the same as me, but Sonic CD is too high and I will die on that hill. (okay not really but I can’t resist taking a swipe at that game) Pretty agreeable list even if I really think Adventure 1 has aged a lot worse than 2.

Game Informer ranks the best Sonic games:

I pretty much agree with the list, except that I'd put CD a little higher. I really, really liked it. Also it's nice to see I'm not the only one who prefers Adventure 1 to 2. I know 1 isn't as good on a technical level, but I just prefer it as a game. The exploration and level design was so much fun to me.

And CD is just... uugghhhhhIcan'twaitforOrigins

Yall

I've been watching videos of Project 06 out of morbid curiosity and...

... it looks kinda good, actually?
Especially the mach speed parts?

Sonic's running animation even looks better. Like, a lot better. Just little details and updates and fixes and...

Man, I kinda wanna play it when it's done. What fucking timeline is this?

Yall

Sonic's running animation even looks better. Like, a lot better. Just little details and updates and fixes and...

The same timeline we've always been in-the one where Sonic fans are super passionate about the Blue Blur.

I’m one of those weirdos who vastly prefers the 3D Sonic games to the 2D ones (though I do love the Advance and Rush games). I like Sonic 4 more than any of the classic Sonic games (still waiting for Episode II to come to a Nintendo system, though). I don’t only love the Adventure games, but I also love Heroes, and hell, even Shadow the Hedgehog—honestly my favorite period of Sonic was the wide interconnected story arc between Sonic Adventure up through…I guess Sonic Chronicles? And yes, I liked Sonic Chronicles as well, and it devastates me that it’ll never get a much-needed sequel. I’ve not played Sonic ’06—or the Rivals games, or Free Riders; basically anything that isn’t on a Nintendo system—but to this day it remains the only game exclusive to non-Nintendo systems that has really made me feel like I’m missing out on something, and I’m confident that if I played it I wouldn’t hate it and would probably at least enjoy it a decent amount. The Storybook games are fun—yes, even Secret Rings. I liked a lot about Forces and wish for the Avatar to return in future games. At the same time, I really liked Lost World and wish they would have also followed up on that concept more.

…Is that enough unpopular Sonic opinions? ^^; lol

Last edited:
I’m one of those weirdos who vastly prefers the 3D Sonic games to the 2D ones (though I do love the Advance and Rush games). I like Sonic 4 more than any of the classic Sonic games (still waiting for Episode II to come to a Nintendo system, though). I don’t only love the Adventure games, but I also love Heroes, and hell, even Shadow the Hedgehog—honestly my favorite period of Sonic was the wide interconnected story arc between Sonic Adventure up through…I guess Sonic Chronicles? And yes, I liked Sonic Chronicles as well, and it devastates me that it’ll never get a much-needed sequel. I’ve not played Sonic ’06—or the Rivals games, or Free Riders; basically anything that isn’t on a Nintendo system—but to this day it remains the only game exclusive to non-Nintendo systems that has really made me feel like I’m missing on out on something, and I’m confident that if I played it I wouldn’t hate it and would probably at least enjoy it a decent amount. The Storybook games are fun—yes, even Secret Rings. I liked a lot about Forces and wish for the Avatar to return in future games. At the same time, I really liked Lost World and wish they would have also followed up on that concept more.

…Is that enough unpopular Sonic opinions? ^^; lol
fetchimage

I don't know what Arlo said about the Sonic movie, but dear God... whatever Sonic fans are angry about it, doesn't make me agree with Arlo, please.

Reminder that someone has made a version of Heardle that exclusively plays Sonic music. In what should be a fun challenge for everyone posting in this thread.

Today's song is a bit too easily recognizable, though.

I've been playing the Sonic Heardle for about a week now and so far I haven't guessed a single song, as every one has been from a Sonic game I haven't played.

I feel like a fraud.

Yall

What you have to understand is just how unfinished Sonic 06 was. Adding in basic functionality is a huge boon for the game.

What you have to understand is just how unfinished Sonic 06 was. Adding in basic functionality is a huge boon for the game.
Yeah, and that's sad. I remember reading a long time ago (but I can't find anything about it now, so grain of salt and all that) that 06 started as Naka really wanting to go back to the old-school, momentum-based gameplay of the Genesis era, but Sega micromanaged the hell out of it, forcing more characters and features to try and capitalize on the popularity of the Sonic X anime, and it eventually was so bogged down compared to his initial vision that it drove him to leave Sega. I've wondered for years what 06 would've been like if corporate had stayed out of development's way, and given them the time and space to make what they wanted. Poor 06.

Yeah, and that's sad. I remember reading a long time ago (but I can't find anything about it now, so grain of salt and all that) that 06 started as Naka really wanting to go back to the old-school, momentum-based gameplay of the Genesis era, but Sega micromanaged the hell out of it, forcing more characters and features to try and capitalize on the popularity of the Sonic X anime, and it eventually was so bogged down compared to his initial vision that it drove him to leave Sega. I've wondered for years what 06 would've been like if corporate had stayed out of development's way, and given them the time and space to make what they wanted. Poor 06.

The truth is that 06 was an inevitability with how SEGA's management (which Naka was also a part of) ran things. Shorter and shorter deadlines, less and less staff, greater scope with each game... something had to give out eventually. Unfortunately when it broke it gave us Sonic Genesis, Sonic 06, Secret Rings, and Sonic Riders all in one year and in many ways Sonic's reputation still hasn't recovered 16 years later.

The truth is that 06 was an inevitability with how SEGA's management (which Naka was also a part of) ran things. Shorter and shorter deadlines, less and less staff, greater scope with each game... something had to give out eventually. Unfortunately when it broke it gave us Sonic Genesis, Sonic 06, Secret Rings, and Sonic Riders all in one year and in many ways Sonic's reputation still hasn't recovered 16 years later.
Which is why when Aaron Webber (RubyEclipse, who used to run Sonic's social media and community outreach) was elevated to a management position in Sega corporate and almost immediately the announcement came that Sonic games were going to have more spaced-out development and more attention paid to quality, I actually got some hope. He actively made fun of 06 and other disasters even during official Sonic events, so he knows. And if anyone was gonna go to Sega's brass and say "hey look, here's how the fans think we're fuckin up," it's him.
I really, really hope Frontiers reflects this new direction.

So I had pretty much decided Sonic wasn't for me after trying several games since I was a kid and not loving any of them. I'm thinking maybe I have been unfair to them, though. Granted, that's not my fault, when I look at my progression, going through a lot of frustration before getting to the good parts, it's understandable.

I liked the Advance series (they were actually my first ones, I've never owned a MD) but didn't love them. I think they were cool. Would be fun to revisit them if they ever come to NSO, but I wouldn't pay for them again. They're neat.

So I tried Rush when it came out on the DS, and it's probably my favorite Sonic game, I really like that one. I remember vibing to the speed + soundtrack, although the boss battles were kind bad. When Rush 2 came out, I tried it but didn't like it as much, but that was due to having to replay levels several times in order to progress, that turned me off from the game big time.

I absolutely LOVED the demo for Unleashed, I played it so many times because I didn't have money to buy PS3 games, so I kept playing it over and over lol But when I finally bought the full game, man, the night levels were such a pain. I ended up never finishing the game. I wish a 3D Sonic game made me feel like the first level of Unleashed felt, but like, during the whole game. I played Generations a bit after that, but I was so burned about Unleashed that I didn't give it a fair try. Probably only played the first level.

A few years after I finally played the original MD games. Maybe I had unresoneable expectations since they are so well regarded but... I hated Sonic 1. I had a terrible time with it and forced myself to play it until the end just because it's an important game. I genuinely could not understand what the game wanted to do, was it supposed to be about speed, exploration, precision...? It feels like it tries all of these but doesn't excel in anything. So with those bad past experiences plus the original game that everyone loves being awful to me, I decided Sonic wasn't for me.

I played Sonic 2 years after that and I was very surprised by how good it was. Chemical Plant Zone actually made me go "wow, this is fun, I'm actually having fun playing Sonic!", but then the next level after that wasn't so fun and I ended up never finishing it. I think I should have tried harder with 2 because I know it's a great game, but I was so skeptical about the franchise at that point that I didn't bother.

Reflecting now, I think Sonic 1 has to be approached with some context, which I was lacking at the time. I think it's a game with a great concept that wasn't well realized. Everything that bothered me in it was apparently fixed in 2 and the concept started to make sense, and I think if I knew that when I played 1, I could have enjoyed it for what it is. With Sonic Origins coming soon, I think I'm buying these games once again and giving Sonic a fair spin. I'm even excited to play through Sonic 1 again, its bowling ball physics are kind of interesting if I'm not trying to compare it to Mario or other platformers I like.

I'm mostly excited about 2 because I remember loving the second level, and about 3&K because it's completely new to me, plus Mania of course. As for the 3D part of the franchise, I don't think I'll enjoy the Adventure games so I'll ignore them, but I will give another try at Generations as well. I do think 3D Sonic can be amazing, it just hasn't been executed well consistently.

I don't know what Arlo said about the Sonic movie, but dear God... whatever Sonic fans are angry about it, doesn't make me agree with Arlo, please.
It's a 50+ minute rant about how he didn't like the movie. I haven't watched it myself, but even some of his own fans (not just Sonic fans specifically) take issue with his tangential rants, errors, condescending tone, and overly 'nitpicky' approach. Those are the chief complaints from what I've been able to glean.

I've finally watched the first movie myself. It was better than I expected, frankly - although I went in with very low expectations for what that's worth.

So I had pretty much decided Sonic wasn't for me after trying several games since I was a kid and not loving any of them. I'm thinking maybe I have been unfair to them, though. Granted, that's not my fault, when I look at my progression, going through a lot of frustration before getting to the good parts, it's understandable.

I liked the Advance series (they were actually my first ones, I've never owned a MD) but didn't love them. I think they were cool. Would be fun to revisit them if they ever come to NSO, but I wouldn't pay for them again. They're neat.

So I tried Rush when it came out on the DS, and it's probably my favorite Sonic game, I really like that one. I remember vibing to the speed + soundtrack, although the boss battles were kind bad. When Rush 2 came out, I tried it but didn't like it as much, but that was due to having to replay levels several times in order to progress, that turned me off from the game big time.

I absolutely LOVED the demo for Unleashed, I played it so many times because I didn't have money to buy PS3 games, so I kept playing it over and over lol But when I finally bought the full game, man, the night levels were such a pain. I ended up never finishing the game. I wish a 3D Sonic game made me feel like the first level of Unleashed felt, but like, during the whole game. I played Generations a bit after that, but I was so burned about Unleashed that I didn't give it a fair try. Probably only played the first level.

A few years after I finally played the original MD games. Maybe I had unresoneable expectations since they are so well regarded but... I hated Sonic 1. I had a terrible time with it and forced myself to play it until the end just because it's an important game. I genuinely could not understand what the game wanted to do, was it supposed to be about speed, exploration, precision...? It feels like it tries all of these but doesn't excel in anything. So with those bad past experiences plus the original game that everyone loves being awful to me, I decided Sonic wasn't for me.

I played Sonic 2 years after that and I was very surprised by how good it was. Chemical Plant Zone actually made me go "wow, this is fun, I'm actually having fun playing Sonic!", but then the next level after that wasn't so fun and I ended up never finishing it. I think I should have tried harder with 2 because I know it's a great game, but I was so skeptical about the franchise at that point that I didn't bother.

Reflecting now, I think Sonic 1 has to be approached with some context, which I was lacking at the time. I think it's a game with a great concept that wasn't well realized. Everything that bothered me in it was apparently fixed in 2 and the concept started to make sense, and I think if I knew that when I played 1, I could have enjoyed it for what it is. With Sonic Origins coming soon, I think I'm buying these games once again and giving Sonic a fair spin. I'm even excited to play through Sonic 1 again, its bowling ball physics are kind of interesting if I'm not trying to compare it to Mario or other platformers I like.

I'm mostly excited about 2 because I remember loving the second level, and about 3&K because it's completely new to me, plus Mania of course. As for the 3D part of the franchise, I don't think I'll enjoy the Adventure games so I'll ignore them, but I will give another try at Generations as well. I do think 3D Sonic can be amazing, it just hasn't been executed well consistently.
The thing about the MegaDrive/Genesis games is, they aren't really about speed, in the same way the franchise began to be with the advent of the "boost mechanics." Sonic was started by the idea programmers got when trying to speedrun Mario after getting really familiar with it, so it's more a game that rewards speed instead of having speed be the primary mechanic. Sonic 1 especially is built with the idea that there's an upper, middle, and lower path. Upper is fastest, but you have to be precise with your jumps and timing in order to stay on it, or else you fall to a lower, slower path. So the more you practice, the more you understand the level layout, the easier it is to burn through at speed. And then every other level is sorta set to me a slower, more platforming-focused level, as a breather.

Sonic 2, as you said, fixed a lot of that by having each level be pretty quick with slower spots (Chemical Plant is a good example of this), rather than the "one fast, one slow" level progression of S1. And Sonic 3&K mostly does away with the 3-path approach and instead pulls out all the stops for a fantastic primary path (with a couple little alternate paths peppered in if you want to find them).

But again, the point is not to be fast through the levels, it's to get fast. The point is replayability, learning, and getting to a point where you can blow through it on the upper paths like an obstacle course once you're familiar with it. Which yeah, nowadays feels a little wonky because we don't have the same amount of time to dedicate to individual games as we did back then.

But again, the point is not to be fast through the levels, it's to get fast. The point is replayability, learning, and getting to a point where you can blow through it on the upper paths like an obstacle course once you're familiar with it. Which yeah, nowadays feels a little wonky because we don't have the same amount of time to dedicate to individual games as we did back then.
This is an important distinction and is why the 'BOOST' formula was so divisive for some older fans. The original games rewarded the player for managing to attain high speeds. Building up and maintaining speed through a level felt satisfying and 'earned'. By comparison, in Unleashed and Generations you could simply press a button to achieve great speeds. The emphasis here, then, is on the spectacle and feeling of moving fast, rather than the iterative process of learning how to maintain high speeds and the satisfaction that comes from that.

That's not to say there's no room for skill development and expression or speed-running potential in some of the modern Sonic games of course, just that the design goals differed somewhat over time.

Last edited:
The thing about the MegaDrive/Genesis games is, they aren't really about speed, in the same way the franchise began to be with the advent of the "boost mechanics." Sonic was started by the idea programmers got when trying to speedrun Mario after getting really familiar with it, so it's more a game that rewards speed instead of having speed be the primary mechanic. Sonic 1 especially is built with the idea that there's an upper, middle, and lower path. Upper is fastest, but you have to be precise with your jumps and timing in order to stay on it, or else you fall to a lower, slower path. So the more you practice, the more you understand the level layout, the easier it is to burn through at speed. And then every other level is sorta set to me a slower, more platforming-focused level, as a breather.

Sonic 2, as you said, fixed a lot of that by having each level be pretty quick with slower spots (Chemical Plant is a good example of this), rather than the "one fast, one slow" level progression of S1. And Sonic 3&K mostly does away with the 3-path approach and instead pulls out all the stops for a fantastic primary path (with a couple little alternate paths peppered in if you want to find them).

I've read that explanation before and it does make sense. I had that experience with the first level of Unleashed, as I said, I kept playing it again and again because I didn't have much else to play and each time I got faster, it felt incredible. So I can definitely understand that sentiment.

However. As you said, I don't have the time to replay the same thing over and over again these days, and even when I had, I was never a fan of speedrunning, time attacks are something I basically never engage with. So the Sonic appeal is kinda hurt from the beginning to me. But I don't think the games are solely about that, I think good game design shines through regardless if you play it 1 or 200 times, and I did feel it with Sonic 2, it simply felt good from the beginning.

But Sonic 1 really is hard to get into when you're not invested in mastering the levels. The game feels painfully slow and heavy when you're not going fast, so the curve to get good is steep and I don't think I'll ever want to invest the time to do it. I appreciate 2 being still encouraging speedrunning but also being fun if you're just interested in playing casually, I think the levels are designed around still being fun even if you're constantly stopping and getting interrupted, and I think that's what Sonic 1 failed to do.

Plus, I don't think the platforming levels in 1 worked at all, the game's physics simply don't lend themselves to make precision platforming fun, and add water and drowning mechanics to that and you have Labyrinth Zone which is one of the worst levels I've ever played in a plaftorm game. I think the team was trying different thing in their first game because they weren't confident to put all of their eggs in an original concept basket. Sonic 2 feels more confident in what they were doing because the first game was well received.

All that said, there is obviously a good game in Sonic 1, I just needed to play it having this context. So I'm excited to play it again and see what I think of it now.

The emphasis here, then, is on the spectacle and feeling of moving fast, rather than the iterative process of learning how to maintain high speeds and the satisfaction that comes from that.
This also, for me at least, is what caused the level design to kinda degrade, as it took a backseat to the spectacle.

I've read that explanation before and it does make sense. I had that experience with the first level of Unleashed, as I said, I kept playing it again and again because I didn't have much else to play and each time I got faster, it felt incredible. So I can definitely understand that sentiment.

However. As you said, I don't have the time to replay the same thing over and over again these days, and even when I had, I was never a fan of speedrunning, time attacks are something I basically never engage with. So the Sonic appeal is kinda hurt from the beginning to me. But I don't think the games are solely about that, I think good game design shines through regardless if you play it 1 or 200 times, and I did feel it with Sonic 2, it simply felt good from the beginning.

But Sonic 1 really is hard to get into when you're not invested in mastering the levels. The game feels painfully slow and heavy when you're not going fast, so the curve to get good is steep and I don't think I'll ever want to invest the time to do it. I appreciate 2 being still encouraging speedrunning but also being fun if you're just interested in playing casually, I think the levels are designed around still being fun even if you're constantly stopping and getting interrupted, and I think that's what Sonic 1 failed to do.

Plus, I don't think the platforming levels in 1 worked at all, the game's physics simply don't lend themselves to make precision platforming fun, and add water and drowning mechanics to that and you have Labyrinth Zone which is one of the worst levels I've ever played in a plaftorm game. I think the team was trying different thing in their first game because they weren't confident to put all of their eggs in an original concept basket. Sonic 2 feels more confident in what they were doing because the first game was well received.

All that said, there is obviously a good game in Sonic 1, I just needed to play it having this context. So I'm excited to play it again and see what I think of it now.
I will admit Sonic 1 is the weakest of the bunch in terms of level design, and the slow levels like Marble Zone are just pain.

But I wanted to ask: did you play the OG version or one of the newer ones that added the spin dash? The spin dash helps Sonic 1 A LOT.

This also, for me at least, is what caused the level design to kinda degrade, as it took a backseat to the spectacle.
I agree for the most part. I will say that I mostly enjoyed Unleashed day stages and Generations modern stages for the exhilaration and spectacle, but they're not experiences I'll likely ever replay. Once the novelty of 'press X to go fast and look cool' wears off there isn't a lot of reason to replay them. There are obstacles throughout the levels of course and they certainly have their moments, but the strength of the level design isn't up to par, nor is it necessarily appreciable when you blaze past it all at crazy speeds from the word 'go'.

I agree for the most part. I will say that I mostly enjoyed Unleashed day stages and Generations modern stages for the exhilaration and spectacle, but they're not experiences I'll likely ever replay. Once the novelty of 'press X to go fast and look cool' wears off there isn't a lot of reason to replay them. There are obstacles throughout the levels of course and they certainly have their moments, but the strength of the level design isn't up to par, nor is it necessarily appreciable when you blaze past it all at crazy speeds from the word 'go'.
Mmhmm. Which is why I have so much hope Frontiers being a huge, wide-open area to play around with the speed. Hope!!!

Mmhmm. Which is why I have so much hope Frontiers being a huge, wide-open area to play around with the speed. Hope!!!
My primary concern at the moment is regarding how the game will perform from a technical standpoint. Many open-world games struggle with maintaining consistent frame rates and pop-in alongside various other issues. The sheer speed at which Sonic can move through the world would logically exacerbate a lot of those potential problems, so I'm curious to see how they manage this. Plus, the industry has taught me to temper expectations, especially with triple AAA games, and especially with open-world games, haha.

My primary concern at the moment is regarding how the game will perform from a technical standpoint. Many open-world games struggle with maintaining consistent frame rates and pop-in alongside various other issues. The sheer speed at which Sonic can move through the world would logically exacerbate a lot of those potential problems, so I'm curious to see how they manage this. Plus, the industry has taught me to temper expectations, especially with triple AAA games, and especially with open-world games, haha.
Xenoblade X trained me to ignore pop-in. I dunno how many times I motorcycled into NLA before literally the entire city loaded in. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

I will admit Sonic 1 is the weakest of the bunch in terms of level design, and the slow levels like Marble Zone are just pain.

But I wanted to ask: did you play the OG version or one of the newer ones that added the spin dash? The spin dash helps Sonic 1 A LOT.

I played the version in the PS3 Sega Collection whatsitsname. I don't think it had spin dash, or if it did, I couldn't figure out how to do it (I tried, coming from the more modern Sonic games lol). If the Origins version has it, then that's even more exciting!

I played the version in the PS3 Sega Collection whatsitsname. I don't think it had spin dash, or if it did, I couldn't figure out how to do it (I tried, coming from the more modern Sonic games lol). If the Origins version has it, then that's even more exciting!
Origins will!! The Origins versions are actually pretty heavily upgraded have moves from the later games, and definitely make the series worth a second look.
Once it's on sale, probably. 😅

Side-note while I'm here - I'd love to put the idea of doing another Sonic Community Game Event out there... either in July following Origins release date or ahead of Frontiers! Just like Kirby I'd need a sonic expert to pair up with for help designing the challenges, or I'm happy to give up the drivers seat and just play support for thread design + such.

Let's hope Frontiers is Sonic's Forgotten Land moment and use the event to celebrate his history

I tried Sonic Spinball for a bit this weekend and was surprised, it seems really fun! I saw a lot of Sonic fans hating on the game, but I actually like it even as someone who's lukewarm on Sonic?

I guess I just really like pinball games with objectives that go beyond high scores, and they are rare. I love Pokémon Pinball because the main objective is to complete the pokedex, for example. Spinball actually mixes a platformer with pinball which is something I had never seen before. I think I'm gonna be playing it a lot.

I tried Sonic Spinball for a bit this weekend and was surprised, it seems really fun! I saw a lot of Sonic fans hating on the game, but I actually like it even as someone who's lukewarm on Sonic?

I guess I just really like pinball games with objectives that go beyond high scores, and they are rare. I love Pokémon Pinball because the main objective is to complete the pokedex, for example. Spinball actually mixes a platformer with pinball which is something I had never seen before. I think I'm gonna be playing it a lot.
The issue with Spinball is that the game is really super laggy. For no reason too.

Quoted by: Leo
The issue with Spinball is that the game is really super laggy. For no reason too.

I didn't find it laggier than Pokémon Pinball which is my standard for pinball games. I saw it features a faster mode, but I'm good with the normal speed.

Side-note while I'm here - I'd love to put the idea of doing another Sonic Community Game Event out there... either in July following Origins release date or ahead of Frontiers! Just like Kirby I'd need a sonic expert to pair up with for help designing the challenges, or I'm happy to give up the drivers seat and just play support for thread design + such.

Let's hope Frontiers is Sonic's Forgotten Land moment and use the event to celebrate his history
Maybe a Classic/2D Sonic focused event for Origins and a 3D Sonic focused one for Frontiers? There's enough games out of both sets for engaging challenges, I think.

An outstanding video essay look-back at the Advance series!

Oh cool, we don’t have to wait for SEGA

What ever happened to the relationship between dimps and sega? Have they not touched sonic since Lost World 3DS?

Which is likely due to canadian productions having canadian VAs for subsidies

Sounds great too! First Black VA for him since Jaleel White in the 90s!
Given that the whole cast seems to be different, that would track, yeah.

But it is really cool to have Sonic voiced by a Black VA again, saw lots of excitement over that! And while the one clip isn't much to go by, the voice sounds solid, too.

Back
Top Bottom