• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion The first official "Sonic The Hedgehog is a Great Franchise" thread

@chocolate_supra

So it turns out there are way more places you can find Tails and Knuckles than there are Emeralds in 3D Blast; I’ve now got all seven with three zones to go.

I’m liking the game a lot, by the way. Without rewind it would be a frustrating mess, but being able to cheat makes the game a fun and relaxing experience. And the music freaking rocks.

@chocolate_supra

So it turns out there are way more places you can find Tails and Knuckles than there are Emeralds in 3D Blast; I’ve now got all seven with three zones to go.

I’m liking the game a lot, by the way. Without rewind it would be a frustrating mess, but being able to cheat makes the game a fun and relaxing experience. And the music freaking rocks.
I'm glad! Especially since the level design and music for the true final boss is pretty damn groovy. Glad you'll get to it.

And yes, holy cow the music. Again this was Jun Senoue's first Sonic OST and he fuckin nailed the landing, my god.

Been replaying Generations on Steam Deck, honestly this is still a great game. Cleanly the best 3D Sonic too, even if I have more nostalgia for SA2.

Only major complaint is the missions are obvious padding.

Rolled credits in 3D Blast! Now I’m looking for more Sonic to play, and I remembered I have Sonic Origins. I ran through 1 and 2 last year, but I’ve never played CD or 3&K. So I fired it up.

Anniversary mode starts you with Sonic 1, so I figured I’d play it again. Beat the game in one sitting so that was cool. It’s a lot easier here in Origins without the Continue system, and I had a generally easier time because I knew where to go and what to expect for the most part. Labyrinth Zone wasn’t nearly so bad this time around for example. But for the most part, the level design is still brutally unfair, and often un-fun. I only got one Emerald in the entire game because it’s so hard to keep your rings throughout a stage. And also, whoever designed the Labyrinth boss fight is a demon from hell.

Now that Sonic 1 is out of the way, I’m looking forward to the rest of the games in the collection. I remember Sonic 2 being not quite so terrible as 1, and I hear CD and especially 3&K are highly regarded. After that I guess I can finally play Mania!

Been replaying Generations on Steam Deck, honestly this is still a great game. Cleanly the best 3D Sonic too, even if I have more nostalgia for SA2.

Only major complaint is the missions are obvious padding.
It’s a crime we didn’t get Generations 2 or DLC… and don’t anyone mention Forces!

YALL THIS IS NOT A DRILL

We now have the earliest drawings of Tails ever found:

wRqBabU.jpg

It's actually the game I bought my Switch for. 😅

I had BotW on WiiU so I didn't rush out and get a Switch, but I needed the collectors edition of Mania with the statue and cartridge. So I preordered it without having a system to play it on, and that was back in the day when you couldn't find Switches in stock anywhere. I had to wait for a special restock on Amazon that was only open to Prime members so I could finally play Mania.

That's also the story of how I became an Amazon Prime member.

For Sonic Frontiers 2, I'm expecting Knuckles and Tails to be fully playable. Knuckles will have a dig move that lets him go through world geometry but he can only dig in the upward direction for some inexplicable reason. Tails will have a new sky diving mechanic that will let him descend really quickly. Sonic's new ability will be that he go so fast that there reverses time on any objects he is around. Egg Man will also be playable again for the first time in a long while and he'll have the ability to put parts together to make robots and vehicles.

For Sonic Frontiers 2, I'm expecting Knuckles and Tails to be fully playable. Knuckles will have a dig move that lets him go through world geometry but he can only dig in the upward direction for some inexplicable reason. Tails will have a new sky diving mechanic that will let him descend really quickly. Sonic's new ability will be that he go so fast that there reverses time on any objects he is around. Egg Man will also be playable again for the first time in a long while and he'll have the ability to put parts together to make robots and vehicles.
BowE0oe.jpg

It's actually the game I bought my Switch for. 😅

I had BotW on WiiU so I didn't rush out and get a Switch, but I needed the collectors edition of Mania with the statue and cartridge. So I preordered it without having a system to play it on, and that was back in the day when you couldn't find Switches in stock anywhere. I had to wait for a special restock on Amazon that was only open to Prime members so I could finally play Mania.

That's also the story of how I became an Amazon Prime member.
I was in a similar boat. I was probably gonna wait until Odyssey came out that year to buy a Switch, but I got an alert that my local GameStop restocked in August so I grabbed one. Didn’t buy any games for it but Sonic Mania having just released, that was enough to tide me over for the time being.

Pre-orders for Knuckles' Nendoroid are up (if not from US/Canada will have to use the alternate link on site):

It’s so impressive how many sonic fans are talented. Between AMV creators, musicians, fan game devs, and artists, Sonic has such a talented fan base. I think it’s even crazier when you think about how sonic isn‘t that big compared to other franchises like Mario and Pokémon, yet his fan base makes games arguably as good as many retail products. If only the fans were less toxic, then we wouldn’t have arguments over sonics quills every 5 seconds

Unsure how verified this is as it's been removed, but:

• Knuckles TV Spin off, Q1 2024
  • Sonic Prime Season 3, Q1 2024
  • New Mobile Game, Spring 2024
  • Sonic SuperStars DLC
  • Prologue for New Game (most likely animated short or a comic)
  • New Game, Holiday 2024
  • Sonic 3, December 2024

Interested to see what kind of game this would be, if true!

Unsure how verified this is as it's been removed, but:

Interested to see what kind of game this would be, if true!

I have a feeling that “leak” is fake. Having read through, it sound a bit too much like it was made for fans to read, and not investors (who things like this are made for). Also, maybe this is me being ignorant, but isn’t saying “a new game is coming out in 2024” without actually revealing anything about it kinda weird?

Back
Top Bottom