• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion The final three months of 2021: What your remaining game purchases looking like?

Let me check my Google doc that I meticulously update daily with release dates of games im interested in (is it a joke? Who can say?):

Definitely for sure

Metroid Dread
Mario Party Superstars /
Pokemon Diamond AND Pearl (one for me, one for partner lol)
Advance Wars

Maybe

SMT V. It looks so good but it's wedged between so much other stuff 😫
Age of Calamity dlc. Not actually entirely sure how much story this adds lol

Game Pass is silently doing some heavy lifting here too though. Excited for Moonglow Bay, Forza Horizo, Halo, Back 4 Blood , and whatever indy surprises they have up their sleeves! I'd like to get Danganronpa in December too but gotta break the bank on kid's Christmas AND birthday in a weekspan lol then my partner's birthday comes straight after and I'd like to afford Elden Ring and Pokemon in Jan so we'll see.

So far my purchases of October/November are:
Alen Wake remastered(PC)
Crysis 2/3 Remastered(PC)
Super Monkey Ball(PC)
Battlefield(Series X)
Back 4 Blood(Gamepass)
Halo Infinite(Gamepass)

Maybe:
Far Cry 6
COD Vanquard(PC) just for the campaign of its any good.

Safe:

Metroid Dread
Shin Megami Tensei V

Don't really have much to add to either, except I'm looking forward to both of them so, so much.​
Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp
This will be my Christmas gift.​
Maybe:

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Mostly a maybe because I want to see if it ends up being a good port, but also becuase there's no way I won't be busy with Dread and SMT, so it can probably wait.​
Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars
Time is a factor, like with KotOR. I'll also want to wait for reviews and impressions, even though I enjoyed the demo.​
I suspect my maybes will end up as sale purchases sometime next year.

Pre-Ordererd/absolute Day-1
- Switch OLED
- Metroid Dread
- Disco Elysium
- Advance Wars
- GTA Trio

Interested in:
- SMTV (never played one but love RPGs no idea if this would be for me though)
- BD2
- Mario Party

Skip:
- Pokemon BD (think I’m good till next new Gen, will buy Arceus though)

It's a pretty slim year end for me, but also gives me the chance to work on past purchases which is nice =)
But still, like the sucker I am I do hop for some more releases this year..

100% - Aka Day 1's
Metroid Dread
Switch (Oled model) White

Maybes
NSO Expansion - undecided
Back 4 Blood - Gamepass
SMTV - I just dont know if the game is for me, nothing I've seen tells me it is :p But it's also a game that I might just jump in on if I get grabbed by hype

Day 1 (preordered):
- SMTV
- Metroid Dread

On the fence:
- BDSP
- AW 1+2 remake.

That's for retail games only. I guess I'll also pick sth in my eShop wish list if there are BF sales.

Metroid Dread, Nickelodeon Allstars, Super Monkey Ball, Pokemon D/P. Might also catch up on some titles I missed like Luigi's Mansion 3 and New Pokemon Snap.

Luigi's Mansion 3 is a blast. Definitely worth picking up. It's probably in my top 5 Nintendo Switch games.

Metroid Dread, Nickelodeon Allstars, Super Monkey Ball, Pokemon D/P. Might also catch up on some titles I missed like Luigi's Mansion 3 and New Pokemon Snap.
Not sure where you live, but New Pokémon Snap is $40 at Best Buy and Amazon in the US right now. Snagged a copy of snap because I can’t imagine it going any lower than that.

Luigi's Mansion 3 is a blast. Definitely worth picking up. It's probably in my top 5 Nintendo Switch games.

100%, top 5 if not top 3 here, it's absolutely wonderful

Thanks to Target I have Dread, MP Superstars, and Advance Wars 1+2 pre ordered thanks to the b2g1 deal.

Besides for that I'm probably picking up Disco Elysium and Outer Wilds when their switch ports drop assuming they run well.

I still need to go back and pick up Neo TWEWY. Was super hyped for it and a mix of life and timing has kept me away from
It.

Well, at least the dev team promises constant 30 fps throughout the game. Personally framerate is all that matters for me, I could live with detail reduction or low texture resolution.
Yeah framerate and not being full of bugs is more what I was getting at, having lower visual fidelity than other consoles doesn't usually bother me much at all unless a game falls way below what I expect of the console (Or more accurately what I have seen/judged the Switch to be capable of).

Even lower framerates in most games don't bother me that much as long as it is relativly stable and not bouncing up and down moment to moment. I was never one to be bothered by the framerate in say an RPG or strategy game unless it was absolutely atrocious, however for things like racing and fighting games I would want at least a solid 30 fps.

1. Metroid Dread: Special Edition
2. Halo: Infinite
3. Forza Horizon 5
4. Hollow Knight
5. BioShock: The Collection
6. Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove

Crysis 2 and 3 along with doom eternal ancient gods part 2.

Day 0:
Dread and SMT V

Maybe:
Probably some indie to fill in the gap between Dread and SMT V

Picked up Monkey Ball and Alan Wake this week, Metroid Dread is pre-ordered, its icon taunting me on my home screen....all that's left is Shin Megami Tensei V and Advance Wars.

Overall, 2021 has been pretty good. 2022 is going to be insane though. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself.

Currently looking like Labyrinth of Yomi, Fatal Frame, Mario Party, and Shin Megami Tensei V in terms of upcoming releases.

Also probably won't be able to hold out on snagging Tales of Arise after positive feedback from people I know with similar taste in JRPGs. Possibly Back 4 Blood and Dread depending on my gaming group's overall interest and time allowing respectively.

I'm only committed to getting Metroid Dread. There must be a bunch of indies I end up buying without knowing anything about them yet and I have a solid backlog.

switch:
metroid dread
mario party superstars
advance wars 1+2 reboot camp
danganronpa decadence

ps5:
resident evil village

and oxenfree ii: lost signals if it comes out this year, but that seems increasingly unlikely.

right now i'm just desperately clearing out my backlog. have 35 games scheduled and most of them are not the 5-6 i have listed above.

Day 1 on Metroid Dread. If I can swing it financially, I’m also considering SMT V and Advance Wars 1+2. otherwise they’ll have to wait till next year.

(edit: my Dread SE preorder is ”preparing to ship” hell yeah)

Day 1 (physical):

- Metroid Dread
- Mario Party Superstars
- Pokemon Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl (bolth'um)
- Shin Megami Tensei V
- Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re-Boot Camp

Crazy holiday for me. Can't think of a better holiday for the Switch, personally.

So Super Monkey Ball arrived today! Beyond that--

Metroid Dread
Mario Party: Superstars
Axiom Verge 2
One Step From Eden
Big Brain Academy
Advance Wars 1+2 (Maybe!)
Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX (Maybe!)

There's so much going on and so much stuff to play and I'm going to lose my mind!

For future purchases Metroid Dread and Shin Megami Tensei V are the ones that come to mind.

Though, I do plan to get Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania, New Pokemon Snap, No More Heroes III. And possibly Cyber Shadow and an odd game or two.

Seriously, on top of all the other games that have come out ... such a great year for the Switch!

Metroid Dread
Mario Party Superstars
Advance Wars Re-boot Camp

These are the definite day one purchases, I have a few eshop games I am interested in if they go on sale.

For this year?

Day 1:

- Metroid Dread (already bought)
- Shin Megami Tensei V (already bought)

Later:

- Pokémon Brilliant Diamond / Shining Peal (SMT V has the priority, so I will probably buy it in 2022/23)
- Mario Party Superstars (My best friend will probably buy it and we will play it together that way. Perhaps I'll pick it up later in a sale for online play.)
- Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars (I liked the demo and it's quite cheap. But I have enough JRPGs right now, so sometime next year, but after Triangle Strategy)

The only new release I’ll buy will be SMT V, but I have missed many classics throughout the years, and I’ll buy those if there’s an eShop sale or if I can find cheap physical copies.

• Metroid Dread
  • Disco Elysium: The Final Cut
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Mario Party Superstars
  • Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl
  • Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp

From what I know right now, it will probably just be Metroid Dread.
Maybe Guardians of The Galaxy if it has gone down in price before the year end.

Not too much for me. In fact, probably just Metroid Dread, Pokémon Brilliant Diamond, and Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalkers.

Game Pass will give me tons to play as well, though.

This month: OLED + Dread. Maybe an indie game too that's on the list still
Nov: Pokemon and the CE of SMTV
Dec: Probably nothing because i'm poor due to christmas gifts for my family. ^^

Day One:
SMT V (pre-ordered)
Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water (pre-ordered, it'll be November tho cause i'm going physical)

Maybe Later:
Metroid Dread, originally pre-ordered for day one, but i had already bought games (Catherine Full Body, Rorona DX) during the TGS sale so i'm good for now.
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania, still has to understand whether i'd like it or not.
Tormented Souls: undecided whether i'll buy it on PC or Switch.
The Dark Pictures: House of Ashes, not sure if it'll be good or not so it's a wait and see for now. (i might play it on Game Pass just like i did for the others)

Collectors Edition of SMT V
Special Edition of Dread
TLOZ Zelda G&W

Maybe:
Diamond or Pearl
Advance Wars
Smash origin games like Castlevania games, MSG or Kingdom Hearts

But in 2022 I already have at least one collectors edition and that is Triangle Strategy soooo yeah.

For day 1
Metroid Dread
Pokemon Brillant Diamond for me and Shining Pearl for my friend
Shin Megami Tensei V
Halo Infinite
Advance Wars

When I'm done with these I'll probably pick up Kingdom Hearts 3 to have all the games.

Not too much planned. Short on money and time, so this is what i'm getting:

Metroid Dread: Sold some games i don't play anymore to get this day one. I'm SO binging this one.

Colors Live physical ed: I loved the 3DS one, so i'm getting this one with the pen and all. I miss drawing, and the Switch would be perfect for it. Thank god for finally a decent drawing app.

There will probably be some download only titles but retail it's just Pokemon Diamond, Metroid Dread, and whenever Life is Strange True Colors releases on Switch. SMTV is a maybe depending on reviews and impressions but maybe not this year.

I Have both Metroid Dread and SMTV preordered.
Wish I could pick Disco Elysium, LiS and Advance Wars as well, but these are going to have to wait till next year in a slow month or some sale.

Metroid Dread, SMT V and Advance Wars while inbetween I'll try and play some gamepass games.

Of course I wil pick up Metroid: D and SMT V. But I recently became intrested in Code Vein by just reading posts on it. Also want to pick up NieR Replicant which I've played to death on PS3. That's it. Or should be it but probably isn't lol.

For now only Dread, I need to work on my backlog.

I'm interested in getting SMTV and Advance Wars down the line though.

Day one for me :

Metroid Dread
SMTV
Advance Wars

Will pick up but don't know when Pokemon Diamond , I'm also hoping for a black Friday sale on Famicom Detective Club

Playing on gamepass
Forza
Halo Infinite

That's the rest of the year for me I think

Day one:

Metroid Dread
Riders Republic
Forza Horizon 5
Advance Wars
Binding of Isaac: Repentance

Maybe:

Dungeon Encounters