• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion The final three months of 2021: What your remaining game purchases looking like?

HockeyBird

Villager
Pronouns
He/Him
It's the final three months of 2021 and we are fast approaching the holiday season. However, there are still plenty of games still coming out. The holidays sales are also a good time to time to pick up some older titles to add to your ever growing backlog. What are your planned purchases for the rest of the year? For me:

Day 1 Purchase:
Metroid Dread
Shin Megami Tensei V

Maybe Day 1:
Advance Wars 1 + 2: Reboot Camp
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond

Hoping to pick up during sales:
Mass Effect Legendary Edition
Nier Replicant
Scarlett Nexus

There are probably some other Eshop and PSN games that are likely to catch my interest. If I had a better PC or an Xbox, I'd definitely be picking up Halo Infinite. What about the rest of you?

Just at retail? Metroid Dread, Shin Megami Tensei V, Trails of Cold Steel 4 (PS4 version). November and December are months where I mostly buy more manga than videogames, but surely I will get some digital games too.

I already pre-ordered Metroid Dread, Shin Megami Tensei V, and Pokémon Brilliant Diamond. All physical. That’s it for me!

I might get some indies, depending on the holidays sales on Steam and the Nintendo eShop, though.

I think I’ll have more than enough for me to play in November and December :)

Got Metroid Dread, Mario Party superstars and Advance wars on the target B2G1F slipup. Neogeo pocket color selection should ship next week. Oh and I have the Danganropa collection preordered as I’ve always been curious about that series. And hopefully that’s it, my backlog is bad enough as is

I'm planning on getting Metroid Dread and Pokémon Shining Pearl. Don't have any other must buys but I might check out stuff like Mario Party or SMTV.

The NSO expansion pack will be a good place to a play a lot of games for me anyway during the slow period of December and January.

-Metroid Dread (regular and SE) + amiibos
-Super Mario Superstars
-Advance Wars Reboot
-Age of Empires IV (Technically game pass but I am still looking very excited for this game)

Those are my day 1 purchases. I will be making a ton of purchases around Black Friday though

Day 1-Dread (preordered), SMTV and Advance Wars
Maybe Day 1- Pokémon and Mario Party
I'm also excited for Forza Horizon 5.

Got Metroid Dread, Mario Party superstars and Advance wars on the target B2G1F slipup. Neogeo pocket color selection should ship next week. Oh and I have the Danganropa collection preordered as I’ve always been curious about that series. And hopefully that’s it, my backlog is bad enough as is

Same here. That was an awesome day!

Metroid Dread and SMT V

Everything else if I buy anything that I’d will be during Black Friday sales.

Forza Horizon 5 and one of the Sinnoh remakes are 100%.
Then I will likely buy any two of Super Monkey Ball/Mario Party Superstars/Nick All Stars Brawl/Advanced Wars 1+2.

Day 1:
Metroid Dread
Tetris Effect
Disco Elysium
SMT V

Perhaps:
Advance Wars 1+2

October is painful to say the least...

And of course whatever Game Pass PC brings. AoE4, Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite are already must plays for me.

Picked up Sonic Colors this weekend and Hot Wheels Unleashed for my son.
Next week is Metroid Dread and Oled Switch.
After that is Pokemon Diamond and Pearl for me and my girlfriend.
And to close the year Shin Megami Tensei V

Metroid, Pokemon, Undernauts: Labyrinth of Yomi for games on or coming to Switch.

What's really going to eat up my time is FFXIV Endwalker, though.

For sure:
The first Danganronpa to try it out
Outer Wilds when it hits Switch

Maaaaaaaaaaybe (one of these):
SMTV
BDSP
Dread

- Metroid Dread
- Disco Elysium: The Final Cut
- Mario Party Superstars (if the online multiplayer between randoms actually works)
- Pokemon Brilliant Diamond
- Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout

Also playing Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite via Gamepass.

smt5
the good life
tetris effect
metroid dread
pokemon shining pearl (this is most likely not a day 1 purchase)

What’s holding you back on Pokemon day 1? Time? Or not sure how you feel about it yet?

SMT V
BDSP
Probably either Metroid or Nier Replicant

Possibly Advance Wars depending on my budget.

• BDSP
  • SMT5
  • Metroid Dread
  • Advance Wars 1+2
  • The Good Life
  • Forza Horizon 5
  • Mario Party Superstars
dunno if im forgetting anything but thats more than i expect in an entire year usually. this year is killing me.

I got Mario Party Superstars and Advance Wars on the target B2G1F slipup too.
So all Day 1s

• Metroid Dread
  • Mario Party Superstars
  • Brilliant Diamond
  • SMTV
  • AW 1&2
  • Halo Infinite
Very busy gaming season.

Metroid Dread and SMT V- both day 1.

Still need to pick up No More Heroes III.

Advance Wars and Steel Assault are maybes.

• Metroid Dread
  • Monkey Ball
  • One of the Pokemon remakes, still haven't decided which one
  • SMTV
  • AW Reboot Camp
  • Mario Party
  • (BIG MAYBE) One of the danganronpa games
  • OLED Switch

Looking like way too much. Definitely getting Metroid Dread and SMT5, but beyond that there are a ton of games I want to get that I can see myself buying any combination of them. Super Monkey Ball, Dungeon Encounters, Voice of Cards, Mario Party Superstars, Pokemon Shining Pearl, and Advance Wars 1+2 are all games I could see myself getting.

Getting
  • Metroid Dread
  • Shin Megami Tensei V
  • Doki Doki Literature Club Plus ( I got the physical edition and it keeps getting delayed...)
  • Danganronpa Decadence
Maybe
  • Mario Party Superstars (on the fence about the size of the game and if friends will pick it up)
  • Halo Infinite

Gonna be busy the rest of the year!

Day One:
- Super Monkey Ball
- Metroid Dread
- Pokémon BDSP
- N64 NSO controller

Maybes:
- Mario Party
- Advance Wars

I might get Advance Wars on Wii U VC instead of the remake, I haven’t decided yet. I think I like the original art style more than the new art style.

tumblr_o7pexeC9vC1uvva9wo1_500.gifv

Dread of course.

Probably Fatal Frame 5.

Almost definitely SMTV

Hopefully I can hold off the urge to buy Diablo 2.

Almost definitely gonna get the NSO expansion.

Metroid, Dusk, Advance Wars, Happy Game (if it actually drops this year), maybe Disco Elysium
I also intend to check Unsighted which actually released Sept 30
As of now not really feeling like I'd play the November rpgs but oh well probably the I from the future could get one
Besides all this stuff I also have a backlog on 3ds, Vita and on the xCloud so oof

Last edited:
  • Metroid Dread
  • Super Monkey Ball
  • Mario Party Super Star
  • Advance Wars HD
  • SMT V
  • Pokemon Diamond
Ugh... not great for my wallet.

Lots of stuff.

October: Super Monkey Ball, Mario Party Superstars, Dying Light, Tetris Effect, Disco Elysium, Caligula Effect 2, Crysis 2&3, Voice of Cards, Fatal Frame

November: World War Z, Pokémon Shining Pearl, SMT V, Star Wars KOTOR, Blue Reflection 2

December: Advance Wars, Monster Rancher

Whenever they're dated: Life is Strange 3, Surviving the Aftermath, Outer Wilds, Wreckfest

And bunch of smaller indies. All for Switch. Looks like lot but most likely they won't be even enough for me for this holiday season.

Day one for me is Metroid Dread. Eventually, Shin Megami Tensei V, Disco Elysium (assuming the Switch version reviews well), and Advance Wars 1+2.

Definitely:
Metroid Dread
Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp

Maybe:
Mario Party Superstars
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond or Shining Pearl

There are a couple other already-released games I've been eyeing as well. I'd like to get It Takes Two, but need to see if my friend's wiling to play it with me first. I am also looking at Eastward, but not completely sold on it yet.

At this point time, in the Day 1 and already preordered category:

- Metroid Dread
- Shin Megami Tensei V - Fall of Man Premium Edition
- Pokemon Shining Pearl
(Plus an OLED with white joycons in the HW side)

While in the maaaaybe category:
- Big Brain Academy: Brain vs Brain

• Metroid Dread
  • Tetris Effect
  • Mario Party Superstars
  • Pokémon BD/SP

That's it... I think.
Damn I keep forgetting about Tetris Effect. That’s another day one buy.

Lots of stuff.

October: Super Monkey Ball, Mario Party Superstars, Dying Light, Tetris Effect, Disco Elysium, Caligula Effect 2, Crysis 2&3, Voice of Cards, Fatal Frame

November: World War Z, Pokémon Shining Pearl, SMT V, Star Wars KOTOR, Blue Reflection 2

December: Advance Wars, Monster Rancher

Whenever they're dated: Life is Strange 3, Surviving the Aftermath, Outer Wilds, Wreckfest

And bunch of smaller indies. All for Switch. Looks like lot but most likely they won't be even enough for me for this holiday season.
I played a lot of Wreckfest when it was in early access on steam. It’s a really fun racing game. The demolition derby mode is especially great! I’ll keep an eye out for reviews when the switch version comes out.

Day one for sure:
Metroid Dread
Shin Megami Tensei V

Not sure yet if day one but maybe:
Advance Wars 1 + 2
Fatal Frame 5

Already ordered: These are all pretty much must buys for me
-Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania
-Metroid Dread
-Mario Party Superstars
-Fatal Frame 5
-Shin Megami Tensei V
-Pokemon BD
-Advance Wars 1 + 2

Strongly Considering:
-Undernauts ( looks pretty great to me highly likley I will purchase it )
-Astria Ascending ( I actually had it preordered because I thought the physical version was coming out is September, seems to have had a more mixed reception, will mull it over until the physical version releases might still want to try it )
-Blue Reflection 2 ( I didn't play the first game, but was considering trying it. However the announcement of Sophie 2 might just have me wait until February for my GUST fix )
-Danganronpa Decadence ( Never played one of these, but heard fairly high praise for the series we'll see how much time I've got on my hands come December )
-Wreckfest ( As long as it runs reasonably well on Switch I'll pick this one up, I do love me some demolition derby. We'll see what the consensus is about the performance when this releases )

Last edited:
Monkey Ball, Metroid, SMT5, Pokémon Diamond, Danganronpa trilogy on Switch, Advance Wars, Brain Academy (those last 3 all release on the same day lmao this is gonna be crazy)

Probably a few eshop stuff. Want Swery's The Good Life too but will see when I get it. Still not sure of the platform either. I think it's going to be on Gamepass though now that I think about it, so probably won't buy it.

Probably just Metroid, SMTV, and Advance Wars, unless there are some cool upcoming indies that catch my attention.

Disco Elysium is probably next year after I work on my backlog.

I just want to say it warms my ice cold Canadian heart to see so many people planning to pick up Advance Wars 1 + 2. Even though this is probably just a result of our discussions happening in an internet bubble, I will choose to bury my head in the sand and see this as a sign of great things to come for one of my favourite franchises.

Day 1:
Metroid Dread
Disco Elysium
SMT V
Danganronpa 1
Dungeon Encounters
Undernauts: Labyrinth of Yomi

Perhaps:
Tetris Effect
The rest of the Danganronpa games
The Good Life
Fatal Frame 5
Mario Party Superstars
Caligula Effect 2,
Star Wars KOTOR
Outer Wilds

All on Switch.

Lots of maybes, some next year (like the physical edition of Disco Elysium) so the only definitive buys for the remainder of the year are

Metroid Dread
Shin Megami Tensei V
Super Monkey Ball Banana Manai
extending my Game Pass subscription lmao

Metroid and smt V
Probably some other eshop games.
Has to be a quite end of year, as I'm broke

Back
Top Bottom