• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion The Famiboards While We Wait For The Direct Backlog Challenge [ENDED: Summary posted]

I finished Kirby and the Forgotten Land. Both worlds to get the better ending.

Best. Kirby game. Ever

Updating.
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (85%) - Having a ton of fun with this. Definitely close to the end, but given how brutal the final bosses are supposed to be, this could easily extend longer than anticipated.
  • Shin Megami Tensei V (3%) - At this point, I’m shelving this until July. Just don’t have the time.
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land (20%) - Replaced Minecraft as my chill game for the time being. Loving it so far.
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes (10%) - Haven’t touched the demo in about a week, will probably do some more grinding on Wednesday or Thursday to prep for the full release.
  • AI: The Somnium Files - nirvanA Initiative (0%) - Since I’m planning on playing Three Hopes first, this will probably be shelved until July.
  • Minecraft (??%) - As said above, haven’t really played that much since I got Kirby.
Final update.
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (100%) - Finished. Started a NG+ run to get the Shura ending, but I still have a bit more to go. Dunno if I'll go back to it or not, shouldn't take more than a few hours but I've got other games to play.
  • Shin Megami Tensei V (3%) - Haven't touched for a few weeks now. Might chip away at it, but part of me just wants to shelve it for the time being. Think I'm gonna be pretty occupied with Three Hopes, Nirvana Initiative, and The Forgotten Land up until Xenoblade Chronicles 3 comes out.
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land (60%) - Took a break when I hit the second continent. Dunno if I'll get into postgame or not.
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes (85%) - Percentage is in relation to Golden Wildfire. Planning on going back and doing the other routes throughout the summer at a much slower pace.
  • AI: The Somnium Files - nirvanA Initiative (0%) - On the docket after I finish Golden Wildfire, super pumped for this.
  • Minecraft (??%) - Haven't touched recently.

I got to the afternoon of Day 4 in Disco Elysium.

Where I'm at:

I'm looking for Ruby.
I am checking traps for the cryptozoologist.
I need to give the ravers the tape I found in the tree.
I've got some meetings tonight about communism and my gun.

A pretty well-rounded day! Lol.

I think I'll move my personal backlog goalposts to trying to finish this game and maybe one more by July 1st aka the year's halfway point!

SUMMARY
SUMMARY

And so, the day is winding down, the Direct Mini: Partner Showcase is over, and we can all breathe out and relax as the challenge is over, the tension and madness is on temporary suspension and some of our backlogs are filed down.

As I said in the beginning, games are fun, but backlogs can be daunting - sometimes to the extent that they can feel intimidating. But with this challenge, I hope that you have been able to get some joy and motivation to pick up, play and enjoy games that has probably been on the backburner for a while. (And in some cases, games that has been coming out during the challenge as well)

So, here’s the summary of everyone who has participated - where a vast majority has been putting down sweat, blood, tears, time and effort in playing, enjoying and, more often than not, finishing!
____​

Josh5980 started off with Ghost of Tsushima, Fire Emblem Warriors, Kirby and the Forgotten Land and Tunic - The last three got played to completion before the Direct. Congrats, Josh5890!

Nmanic listed some cool games, played to half-completion - Cuphead, We Love Katamari, Dragon Quest V, FFVII Remake Intermission and Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed. Every game was completed except for Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed, but a personal goal was met during week 2. Way to go!

Brofield went in with Pokémon Legends, PowerWash Sim, Raji: An Ancient Epic, Untitled Goose Game and Paper Mario: The Origami King. No reported progress from Brofield before the Direct, but Brofield is still awesome for participating!

bixente had Tetris 99, Mini Motorways, TENS! and Retro Highway on the agenda. No reported progress before the Direct, but you’re still awesome for participating!

Irene went for Hyper Light Drifter, Horizon Forbidden West, There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension and Telling Lies. A few mission of Horizon Forbidden West was played, and she also played 7 hours of AI: The Somnium Files - nirvanA initiative before the Direct. Thank you for playing, Irene!

bellydrum listed Paper Mario on NSO, and Zelda: Skyward Sword. He made it to after the second trial in Lanayru Desert in Skyward Sword during the challenge. A true hero!

WestEgg listed Triangle Strategy, Elden Ring and Unpacking as games to be played. No reported progress from WestEgg before the Direct, but WestEgg is still awesome for participating!

ITSMILNER went in to play Days Gone and, when it got released, TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge. Both games were played to completion before the Direct got aired - huge congratulations to ITSMILNER. Cowabunga!

lightning16 went all-in on Wuppo and a new save file on Bloodstained: Curse of The Moon, playing both games to completion before the Direct. Amazing!

Pflaufenmus12 listed Dragon Quest 11 and Elden Ring. He played some Elden Ring until about 28h into the game, and also added and completed Halo: The Master Chief Collection before the Direct. Phenomenal work, Plaufenmus12!

neil listed Pokémon Legends, TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge, Switch Sports and Splatoon 2. No reported progress from neil, but you’re still awesome for participating!

Thunder84 went into the challenge with Sekiro, SMT V, Kirby and the Forgotten Land and Minecraft, with Fire Emblem: Three Hopes and AI: nirvanA Initiative tagging along. Out of those games, Sekiro was played to completion - good job, Thunder84!

WhyS went in with four completely unplayed games, SMTV, Buck Rogers, Policenauts and Tokimeki Memorial: Beneath the Tree of Legend. Two of them - Tokimeki Memorial and Policenauts - saw the credits roll before the Direct. Standing ovations to you, WhyS!

frog played GTA IV and Batman: Arkham Origins during the challenge. The former saw some serious progress, while the latter saw completion, all before the Direct was broadcasted. Congrats to frog!

Mbolibombo played Darksiders Genesis to completion, and made some progress on Ruined King: A League of Legends Story. Bra jobbat!

hologram entered the challenge with Triangle Strategy, Kirby and the Forgotten Land and 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. No progress reported, but hologram is still awesome for participating!

MrMegaMillions had played half of Dragon Quest 11S and Tales of Arise, and an unknown amount of Elden Ring, before adding them to the challenge list. No reported progress before the Direct, but you’re still awesome for participating!

Gengar both played and completed the spooky Luigi’s Mansion 3 and Death’s Door during these last few weeks. A great effort, worthy of respect!

Hoagmaster entered with quite a list! Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Triangle Strategy, Xenoblade Chronicles: Future Connected, Mario Strikers: Battle League, Miitopia, FDC 1+2, New Pokémon Snap and WinBack: Covert Operators. Out of all of those, Fire Emblem saw completion, as did Resident Evil 4, who got picked up later. Amazingly done, Hoagmaster!

UncleAlbert entered the challenge with Hollow Knight. No reported progress before the Direct, but you’re still awesome for participating!

Dragoncaine started with Earthbound, Star Fox 64, Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, and Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion. He completed Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, Star Fox 64 and Earthbound, and seemed to really like the latter. Awesome to hear!

xghost777 played and completed two games: Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament, and Fire Emblem Awakening. You put a lot of effort into it, and that’s great!

Estew played BioShock Remastered and Guardians of the Galaxy, and picked up Ys 8 later, of which he wrapped up the second chapter. Guardians of the Galaxy saw credits rolling before the Direct, and for that, Estew is awesome!

Jahranimo started on the Toadette part of Captain Toad, and Hand of Gilgamesh in Steamworld Quest. Both games got completed before the Direct - Jahranimo completed the challenge with a bang!

Catalyst went in listing Crash Bandicoot 4 and Spider Man: Miles Morales. The former got completed as the challenge went on. Loud cheers for Catalyst!

chocolate_supra listed and completed Aggelos, and then went full Toree and completed Toree 2 and Toree 3D. That’s fantastic news!

Smoothies sank some teeth into Disco Elysium, and made it to the afternoon of Day 4. The second game listed, Kirby’s Dream Land 3, got completed - awesome work, Smoothies!

Apophenac went with the longest list into the challenge - SMTV, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, FE: Three Houses, CrossCode, Devil May Cry 3, Not Tonight, Hob, She Sees Red, Sky: Children of Light and Abzú. Rainswept was added and completed later: Great work!

Subrosian Link went retro and completed The Legend of Zelda and Zelda II: The Adventure of Link before the Direct. That’s awesome!

Lovecatt listed 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim and Rayman Legends for the challenge. They reached 50% in 13 Sentinels before the Direct, which is fantastic!

Ojoloco was playing Persona 5 Strikers over the course of the challenge, while also listing Valkyria Chronicles. Persona 5 Strikers saw progress up to 30 hours before the Direct - and that’s great news!

Future Boy Nemo listed Weapon Shop de Masse, and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, both with roughly fresh save files. No reported progress, but Future Boy Nemo is still awesome for participating!

Rin-go listed NEO: The World Ends With You, Triangle Strategy and Pokémon Legends. No reported progress during the challenge, but Rin-go is still awesome for participating!

Suswave started off with roughly a third done on Ace Attorney Trilogy, and around 70% of Elden Ring. No reported progress before the Direct, but they’re still awesome for participating!

Quinton listed Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition and Paper Mario for the challenge. No reported progress before the Direct, but you’re still awesome for participating!

TheWolvesDen both played and completed Kirby Super Star - great job!

ermitron2
went in with Resitend Evil 4, and Final Fantasy Legends 3. he steeled himself, and played Resident Evil 4 to completion. Congrats, ermitron2!

Rainbow listed Crysis, played up until level 2, for the challenge. No reported progress, but Rainbow is still awesome for participating!

SofyTrancy listed TMS#FE, Higurashi Matsuribayashi, Code:Realize - Future Blessings and Taisho x Alice, and later AI: The Somnium Files: nirvanA Initiative. Higurashi and nirvanA got completed before the Direct aired, and for that, we applaud SofyTrancy!

Yavga played Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Skies for the challenge, and ended with recruiting a seal. That’s fantastic!

tolkir played Paper Mario: The Origami King, and Kaze and the Wild Masks during the challenge. They ended the challenge with 60% and 70% done on the games - well done!

Scrawnton listed 13 Sentinels and Pokémon Brilliant Diamond, played 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim from 60% to completion in the challenge, which is fantastic news!

lexony listed some playful games, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Captain Toad and Link’s Awakening for the challenge. No reported progress, but lexony is still awesome for participating!

blondkayvon listed Great Ace Attorney, Final Fantasy VII and Earthbound for the challenge. No reported progress, but he's still awesome for participating!

DexterBear got to up to 10% in Neptunia X SENRAN KAGURA: Ninja Wars, and then played and completed Toree3D and Toree 2 - a lot of effort, and truly commendable!

Talizo entered the challenge with The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles and Civilisation VI. No reported progress, but Talizo is still awesome for participating!

YugamiSekai listed the following games: Picross S, Hatsune Miku Logic Paint S, and Mario’s/Wario’s Super Picross. No reported progress, but YgamiSekai is still awesome for participating!

Heruderu went In with the intention of playing Pokémon Legends, Turnip Boy and Yoku’s Island Express, and picked up Kirby and the Forgotten Land later. Kirby and Pokémon Legends saw completion before the Direct. Amazing stuff!

Plonk entered with some almost-finished games, Paper Mario: The Origami King, Metroid Dread and Hollow Knight. No reported progress, but Plonk is still awesome for participating!

Mandos listed Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, EDF World Brothers, Picross S2 and Voxelgram. He made it to Chapter 7 in Digimon, while “chipping away” at the other 3 games. Very cool!

Wockio entered the challenge with The World Ends With You and Pokémon Legends. No reported progress, but Wockio, you’re still awesome for participating!

______​

And below, are your diplomas and medals:

UlxrufH.jpg

LPgiFci.jpg

ILSYf0k.jpg

NWisg9s.jpg

1SiFmpv.jpg

SmJDmUL.jpg

gBAlmit.jpg

3XXLIMT.jpg

qyipdnL.jpg

FlPy1Ib.jpg

lDzVVnu.jpg

pT6EcrI.jpg

Thank you for playing!

SUMMARY

And so, the day is winding down, the Direct Mini: Partner Showcase is over, and we can all breathe out and relax as the challenge is over, the tension and madness is on temporary suspension and some of our backlogs are filed down.

As I said in the beginning, games are fun, but backlogs can be daunting - sometimes to the extent that they can feel intimidating. But with this challenge, I hope that you have been able to get some joy and motivation to pick up, play and enjoy games that has probably been on the backburner for a while. (And in some cases, games that has been coming out during the challenge as well)

So, here’s the summary of everyone who has participated - where a vast majority has been putting down sweat, blood, tears, time and effort in playing, enjoying and, more often than not, finishing!
____​

Josh5980 started off with Ghost of Tsushima, Fire Emblem Warriors, Kirby and the Forgotten Land and Tunic - The last three got played to completion before the Direct. Congrats, Josh5890!

Nmanic listed some cool games, played to half-completion - Cuphead, We Love Katamari, Dragon Quest V, FFVII Remake Intermission and Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed. Every game was completed except for Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed, but a personal goal was met during week 2. Way to go!

Brofield went in with Pokémon Legends, PowerWash Sim, Raji: An Ancient Epic, Untitled Goose Game and Paper Mario: The Origami King. No reported progress from Brofield before the Direct, but Brofield is still awesome for participating!

bixente had Tetris 99, Mini Motorways, TENS! and Retro Highway on the agenda. No reported progress before the Direct, but you’re still awesome for participating!

Irene went for Hyper Light Drifter, Horizon Forbidden West, There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension and Telling Lies. A few mission of Horizon Forbidden West was played, and she also played 7 hours of AI: The Somnium Files - nirvanA initiative before the Direct. Thank you for playing, Irene!

bellydrum listed Paper Mario on NSO, and Zelda: Skyward Sword. He made it to after the second trial in Lanayru Desert in Skyward Sword during the challenge. A true hero!

WestEgg listed Triangle Strategy, Elden Ring and Unpacking as games to be played. No reported progress from WestEgg before the Direct, but WestEgg is still awesome for participating!

ITSMILNER went in to play Days Gone and, when it got released, TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge. Both games were played to completion before the Direct got aired - huge congratulations to ITSMILNER. Cowabunga!

lightning16 went all-in on Wuppo and a new save file on Bloodstained: Curse of The Moon, playing both games to completion before the Direct. Amazing!

Pflaufenmus12 listed Dragon Quest 11 and Elden Ring. He played some Elden Ring until about 28h into the game, and also added and completed Halo: The Master Chief Collection before the Direct. Phenomenal work, Plaufenmus12!

neil listed Pokémon Legends, TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge, Switch Sports and Splatoon 2. No reported progress from neil, but you’re still awesome for participating!

Thunder84 went into the challenge with Sekiro, SMT V, Kirby and the Forgotten Land and Minecraft, with Fire Emblem: Three Hopes and AI: nirvanA Initiative tagging along. Out of those games, Sekiro was played to completion - good job, Thunder84!

WhyS went in with four completely unplayed games, SMTV, Buck Rogers, Policenauts and Tokimeki Memorial: Beneath the Tree of Legend. Two of them - Tokimeki Memorial and Policenauts - saw the credits roll before the Direct. Standing ovations to you, WhyS!

frog played GTA IV and Batman: Arkham Origins during the challenge. The former saw some serious progress, while the latter saw completion, all before the Direct was broadcasted. Congrats to frog!

Mbolibombo played Darksiders Genesis to completion, and made some progress on Ruined King: A League of Legends Story. Bra jobbat!

hologram entered the challenge with Triangle Strategy, Kirby and the Forgotten Land and 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. No progress reported, but hologram is still awesome for participating!

MrMegaMillions had played half of Dragon Quest 11S and Tales of Arise, and an unknown amount of Elden Ring, before adding them to the challenge list. No reported progress before the Direct, but you’re still awesome for participating!

Gengar both played and completed the spooky Luigi’s Mansion 3 and Death’s Door during these last few weeks. A great effort, worthy of respect!

Hoagmaster entered with quite a list! Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Triangle Strategy, Xenoblade Chronicles: Future Connected, Mario Strikers: Battle League, Miitopia, FDC 1+2, New Pokémon Snap and WinBack: Covert Operators. Out of all of those, Fire Emblem saw completion, as did Resident Evil 4, who got picked up later. Amazingly done, Hoagmaster!

UncleAlbert entered the challenge with Hollow Knight. No reported progress before the Direct, but you’re still awesome for participating!

Dragoncaine started with Earthbound, Star Fox 64, Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, and Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion. He completed Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, Star Fox 64 and Earthbound, and seemed to really like the latter. Awesome to hear!

xghost777 played and completed two games: Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament, and Fire Emblem Awakening. You put a lot of effort into it, and that’s great!

Estew played BioShock Remastered and Guardians of the Galaxy, and picked up Ys 8 later, of which he wrapped up the second chapter. Guardians of the Galaxy saw credits rolling before the Direct, and for that, Estew is awesome!

Jahranimo started on the Toadette part of Captain Toad, and Hand of Gilgamesh in Steamworld Quest. Both games got completed before the Direct - Jahranimo completed the challenge with a bang!

Catalyst went in listing Crash Bandicoot 4 and Spider Man: Miles Morales. The former got completed as the challenge went on. Loud cheers for Catalyst!

chocolate_supra listed and completed Aggelos, and then went full Toree and completed Toree 2 and Toree 3D. That’s fantastic news!

Smoothies sank some teeth into Disco Elysium, and made it to the afternoon of Day 4. The second game listed, Kirby’s Dream Land 3, got completed - awesome work, Smoothies!

Apophenac went with the longest list into the challenge - SMTV, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, FE: Three Houses, CrossCode, Devil May Cry 3, Not Tonight, Hob, She Sees Red, Sky: Children of Light and Abzú. Rainswept was added and completed later: Great work!

Subrosian Link went retro and completed The Legend of Zelda and Zelda II: The Adventure of Link before the Direct. That’s awesome!

Lovecatt listed 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim and Rayman Legends for the challenge. They reached 50% in 13 Sentinels before the Direct, which is fantastic!

Ojoloco was playing Persona 5 Strikers over the course of the challenge, while also listing Valkyria Chronicles. Persona 5 Strikers saw progress up to 30 hours before the Direct - and that’s great news!

Future Boy Nemo listed Weapon Shop de Masse, and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, both with roughly fresh save files. No reported progress, but Future Boy Nemo is still awesome for participating!

Rin-go listed NEO: The World Ends With You, Triangle Strategy and Pokémon Legends. No reported progress during the challenge, but Rin-go is still awesome for participating!

Suswave started off with roughly a third done on Ace Attorney Trilogy, and around 70% of Elden Ring. No reported progress before the Direct, but they’re still awesome for participating!

Quinton listed Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition and Paper Mario for the challenge. No reported progress before the Direct, but you’re still awesome for participating!

TheWolvesDen both played and completed Kirby Super Star - great job!

ermitron2 went in with Resitend Evil 4, and Final Fantasy Legends 3. he steeled himself, and played Resident Evil 4 to completion. Congrats, ermitron2!

Rainbow listed Crysis, played up until level 2, for the challenge. No reported progress, but Rainbow is still awesome for participating!

SofyTrancy listed TMS#FE, Higurashi Matsuribayashi, Code:Realize - Future Blessings and Taisho x Alice, and later AI: The Somnium Files: nirvanA Initiative. Higurashi and nirvanA got completed before the Direct aired, and for that, we applaud SofyTrancy!

Yavga played Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Skies for the challenge, and ended with recruiting a seal. That’s fantastic!

tolkir played Paper Mario: The Origami King, and Kaze and the Wild Masks during the challenge. They ended the challenge with 60% and 70% done on the games - well done!

Scrawnton listed 13 Sentinels and Pokémon Brilliant Diamond, played 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim from 60% to completion in the challenge, which is fantastic news!

lexony listed some playful games, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Captain Toad and Link’s Awakening for the challenge. No reported progress, but lexony is still awesome for participating!

blondkayvon listed Great Ace Attorney, Final Fantasy VII and Earthbound for the challenge. No reported progress, but he's still awesome for participating!

DexterBear got to up to 10% in Neptunia X SENRAN KAGURA: Ninja Wars, and then played and completed Toree3D and Toree 2 - a lot of effort, and truly commendable!

Talizo entered the challenge with The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles and Civilisation VI. No reported progress, but Talizo is still awesome for participating!

YugamiSekai listed the following games: Picross S, Hatsune Miku Logic Paint S, and Mario’s/Wario’s Super Picross. No reported progress, but YgamiSekai is still awesome for participating!

Heruderu went In with the intention of playing Pokémon Legends, Turnip Boy and Yoku’s Island Express, and picked up Kirby and the Forgotten Land later. Kirby and Pokémon Legends saw completion before the Direct. Amazing stuff!

Plonk entered with some almost-finished games, Paper Mario: The Origami King, Metroid Dread and Hollow Knight. No reported progress, but Plonk is still awesome for participating!

Mandos listed Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, EDF World Brothers, Picross S2 and Voxelgram. He made it to Chapter 7 in Digimon, while “chipping away” at the other 3 games. Very cool!

Wockio entered the challenge with The World Ends With You and Pokémon Legends. No reported progress, but Wockio, you’re still awesome for participating!

______​

And below, are your diplomas and medals:

UlxrufH.jpg

LPgiFci.jpg

ILSYf0k.jpg

NWisg9s.jpg

1SiFmpv.jpg

SmJDmUL.jpg

gBAlmit.jpg

3XXLIMT.jpg

qyipdnL.jpg

FlPy1Ib.jpg

lDzVVnu.jpg

pT6EcrI.jpg

Thank you for playing!
Thanks again for hosting! Wow, wasn’t expecting the diploma and medal, love them :)

This thread was a huge motivating push for me to clear 3 games from my backlog. Thanks so much for orchestrating all this @Irene, amazing work :)

Thank you, @Irene ! This was so much fun, and your summary was a very nice touch that I wasn’t expecting how good it would be! And yay I got a diploma 😍

Back
Top Bottom