• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion The Famiboards While We Wait For The Direct Backlog Challenge [ENDED: Summary posted]

Irene

Soar long!
Pronouns
She/Her
Alright, friends. It's time to face it.

65lYoJr.jpg

It's tall. It's daunting. It's intimidating. And the time has come to file it down - together.

Introducing ...

zU0gtRQ.jpg

So, with an imminent Direct all but confirmed at this point, we're now in for the waiting game. But according to recent rumors, it might take its sweet time to arrive. And even putting the rumors aside, the wait for a Direct always feels somewhat long, and at times dreary.

So, what to do when we're in this current state of the cycle? Well, lots of things. Hype. Smile. Mess around. Shitpost. Make a friend. But sometimes, when the suspense becomes tense, it can be good to keep other things in mind. Stretch your legs, make a routine. Play games. Tackle the backlog.

Ah, yes, the backlog. THAT thing.

WHAT IS THIS?
So, I came up with the idea to initiate a little challenge while we wait for the Direct. A challenge that is a chance for us to work on our backlogs, and try to return to, finish, and cherish those games that has been on the backburner for a while, games that might turn out to be nothing short of fantastic, once finished.

WHAT'S THE IDEA?
The rules are simple: Everyone must pick at least 1 game, and the goal is to try to to finish them before the Direct airs. Every Sunday, I will do a regular check-up to check in on people's progress. The prize for finishing the selected backlog games is the opportunity to look yourself in the mirror, say "I did it!" and then go back to hype and happiness. Please note that this is not a prestige-based challenge at all, and completely free of pressure. Play as much as you want, and take the challenge as a motivation tool rather than something mandatory set in stone.

WHY?
Backlogs can be daunting at times, but tackling them together can be fun! I figured and thought that this thread could serve as a sort of cosy book club-style thread where we all bring our games that we're going to play, and talk about them, and motivate each other to finish them. I think that this could serve as a good opportunity to just settle down and chill with games that we've been meaning to finish for a while now.

So: To start off, please tag yourself in a post, followed by the game(s) you've picked and - roughly - an estimate of how much you've already played. (in percent, hours, whatever you like) This estimate format will serve as a metric for the check-ups. The OP will stay updated.

(I'll start)

BOARD OF CONTESTANTS

Irene
Hyper Light Drifter (10%)
Horizon Forbidden West (25%)
There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension (0%)
Telling Lies (0%)
AI: The Somnium Files - nirvanA Initiative (0%)

Brofield
Pokemon Legends: Arceus (98%)
PowerWash Sim (????)
Raji: An Ancient Epic (0%)
Untitled Goose Game (40%)
Aragami (15%, but may restart)

bixente
Tetris 99
Mini Motorways
TENS!
Retro Highway

Josh5890
Fire Emblem: Warriors
Ghost of Tsushima
Kirby and the Forgotten Land
Tunic

Nmanic
Cuphead (35%)
We Love Katamari (not sure, maybe 30%?)
Dragon Quest V (around 25%)
FFVII Remake: Intermission (20%)
Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed (40%)

bellydrum
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Paper Mario (NSO)

WestEgg
Triangle Strategy (25%)
Elden Ring (??%)
Unpacking (33%)

ITSMILNER
Days Gone
TMNT: Shredders Revenge

lightning16
Wuppo (20%)
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (0%)

Pflaumenmus12
Dragon Quest 11
Elden Ring (20h)

neil
Pokémon Legends: Arceus
TMNT: Shredder's Revenge
Switch Sports
Splatoon2

Thunder84
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (20%)
Shin Megami Tensei V (3%)
Kirby and the Forgotten Land (0%)
Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes (10%)
Minecraft (??%)

WhyS
Shin Megami Tensei V - 0%
Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday - 0%
Policenauts - 0%
Tokimeki Memorial: Beneath the Tree of Legend - 0%

frog
GTA IV
Batman: Arkham Origins

Mbolibombo
Darksiders Genesis - 48%
Ruined King: A League of Legends Story - 40%

hologram
Triangle Strategy
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

MrMegaMillions
Dragon Quest 11 S (60%)
Elden Ring (??)
Tales of Arise (50%)

Gengar
Death’s Door (25%)
Luigi’s Mansion 3 (50%?)

Hoagmaster
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Triangle Strategy
Xenoblade Chronicles: Future Connected
Mario Strikers: Battle League
Miitopia
Faimcom Detective Club 1+2
New Pokémon Snap
WinBack: Covert Operations

UncleAlbert
Hollow Knight (2%)

Dragoncaine
Earthbound (probably 60%)
Star Fox 64
Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition (95%)
Octo Expansion

Xghost777
Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament (1%)
Fire Emblem Awakening.

Estew
Guardians of the Galaxy (40%)
BioShock Remastered (5%)

Jahranimo
Captain Toad’s Treasure Tracker (on the Toadette part)
Steamworld Quest: Hand of Gligamech (Chapter 2?)

Catalyst
Crash Bandicoot 4
Spider-Man Miles Morales

chocolate_supra
Aggelos
Toree 2

Smoothies
Disco Elysium (End of Day 1)
Kirby’s Dream Land 3 (World 3)

Apophenac
SMT V
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker’s Memory
Fire Emblem Three Houses
CrossCode
Devil May Cry 3
Not Tonight
Dex
Hob
She Sees Red
Sky: Children of Light
Abzú

Lovecatt
13 Sentinels
Rayman Legends

Ojoloco
Persona 5 Strikers (11 hours)
Valkyria Chronicles (approx. 10 hours)

Future Boy Nemo
Weapon Shop de Omasse - 1%
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - 0%

Rin-go
NEO: The World Ends With You (last boss)
Triangle Strategy (later half)
Pokémon Legends Arceus (post-game)

Suswave
Ace Attorney Trilogy (28%)
Elden Ring (70%)

Quinton
Xenoblade Definitive Edition (100% File): 70%
Paper Mario: 0%

TheWolvesDen
Kirby SuperStar

ermitron2
Resident Evil 4 (Chapter 3-2)
Final Fantasy Legends 3 (10%)

SofyTrancy
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (at the end of chapter 2)
Higurashi: Matsuribayashi (at the end of chapter 1)
Code:Realize - Future Blessings (50%)
Taisho x Alice (50%)

Yavga
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Skies

tolkir
Paper Mario Origami King: Third ribbon done (~60%)
Kaze and the Wild Masks: Three worlds completed with everything except Time trials. (~70%)

Scrawnton
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (60%)
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond (0%)

lexony
Kirby and the Forgotten Land (80%)
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (0%)
Link’s Awakening (20%)

Blondkayvon
Great Ace Attorney - (60%)
FFVII - (5%)
Earthbound (10%)

DexterBear
Toree3D
Torre2
Neptunia

Talizo
The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles (2nd game)
Civilization VI

YugamiSekai
Picross S: 28% (215 puzzles left)
Hatsune Miku Logic Paint S: 40% (323 puzzles left)
Mario's/Wario's Super Picross: 28% (69 puzzles left)

Heruderu
Pokemon Legends: Arceus (70%)
Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion (0%)
Yoku’s Island Express (20%)

Plonk
Paper Mario The Origami King 98%
METROID Dread 100% but ...
Hollow Knight 105%

All right. Strap in - and let's play some games!

Riro3Cq.jpg

Last edited:
Neat idea! I finish games fairly frequently so I'll join in. Here's what I've been playing lately--

Cuphead (35%)

Cuphead has been a huge delight to finally play so I expect I'll finish that first.

DQV I've played on and off for months while getting distracted by other things, but it's quite engrossing as well

We Love Katamari is also awesome. I'll dedicate a bit more time to it thanks to this thread, I think!

I also picked up a Pokémon-like game called Coromon last night, but it remains to be seen if I finish that.

And @Irene funny enough, I have a playthrough of there is no game I dropped off more than halfway through... Maybe I'll finally try and finish that too.

In any case, great idea for a fun thread!

Whoa shit, finally some accountability

Let's see.... if I'm not going to just continue my Bringer of Chaos run in XC2, I need to play:

• The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
  • Paper Mario (NSO)

Sure, I’m in:

Triangle Strategy (25%)
Elden Ring (??%)
Unpacking (33%)

I have a few in my deeper backlog, and ain’t no way I’m finishing Elden Ring anytime soon, but the others seem achievable.

That first image is a bigger CN Tower erasure than the opening to Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

FL9KWVi.gif

(Which, coincidentally, is also in my backlog on 360)

Brofield Backlog
PowerWash Sim (????)

Hmm. Most of the games I've been playing lately are easy pick up and play time fillers:

Tetris 99
Mini Motorways
TENS!
Retro Highway

But I'll try to finish The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles in the coming weeks.

Honestly, basically everything I listed in this thread is still on the table.

Game on!

• Fire Emblem: Warriors (Switch)
  • Ghost of Tsushima (PS5)
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Switch)
  • Tunic (Xbox)
Currently playing Tunic and was planning to play the other games this month. We won't talk about my whole backlog...

I’ll join in! I have one game on the go at the moment and will be starting one this week when it releases

Days Gone (PS5)
TMNT: Shredders Revenge (NSW)

I should finish Arceus, but I'll actually buy Shredder's Revenge and keep playing Switch Sports and Splatoon2

I still need to finish Dragon Quest 11. I quit after not overcoming some boss in front of the bad guys castle.
Maybe it is the right time to get through it.

EDIT: oh...and Elden Ring. Only 20h into it.

Y'know what, I'll actually try to do this. I've had issues getting myself to play games recently with my time split various different ways lately, but I started Wuppo the other night and I'll try to finish that game and another one by the end of the month.

Wuppo (20%)

I'm going with two short games because 1) I've had enough issues making time for games that trying to plow through an RPG would be silly, and 2): AI: The Somnium Files - nirvanA Initiative releases on June 24th which I plan on getting day 1. Hopefully I can knock these two games out by the end of next week. Wuppo's been a good time so far.

Awesome! Nice to see the interest.

And @Irene funny enough, I have a playthrough of there is no game I dropped off more than halfway through... Maybe I'll finally try and finish that too.

In any case, great idea for a fun thread!

Oooh, what can you tell me about it, if you want? I'm going in COMPLETELY blind!

Sure, I’m in:

Triangle Strategy (25%)
Elden Ring (??%)
Unpacking (33%)

I have a few in my deeper backlog, and ain’t no way I’m finishing Elden Ring anytime soon, but the others seem achievable.

unpacking !! <3 Amazing game.

Unfortunately, given my work schedule and the games I’m currently playing, I doubt I’ll be able to actually finish anything in my backlog. I’ll sure as hell try though.

• Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (20%) - FromSoft games are hard to gauge how far you are, so this is a pretty rough estimate. Currently wrapping up the Hirata Estate before taking on Ashina Castle.
  • Shin Megami Tensei V (3%) - Not sure why I started this when I did, no chance I’ll be able to finish it any time soon. Had a lot of fun in the minimal time I spent playing though.
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land (0%) - Got in coming in the mail hopefully tomorrow, been looking forward to playing it for a while.
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes (10%) - Obviously I won’t be able to really dig in until the game releases, but I want to spend more time grinding out supports and levels, at least for Golden Deer.
  • AI: The Somnium Files - nirvanA Initiative (0%) - Same deal as above, but there’s no demo to get a head start with this one.
  • Minecraft (??%) - Started a new survival world a week ago, not sure how long I want to run with it.

Thank you for making this thread. It's a very fun idea.

@WhyS
1. Shin Megami Tensei V - 0%
2. Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday - 0%
3. Policenauts - 0%
4. Tokimeki Memorial: Beneath the Tree of Legend - 0%

I almost always play one game at a time, and I just beat Berwick Saga yesterday and haven't started my next game yet, which is why everything is at 0% right now. I was planning on playing Tokimeki Memorial next, followed by Policenauts, which means that I should be able to finish two games before the next Direct!

Once these four games are done, I'll be finished with my backlog and have to start a new one. I'm getting the physical version of Shredder's Revenge, so I still have about a month and a half until I have that game. I'm waiting to see if Sonic Origins has a physical release or a nice sale rather than paying $40 for the digital version. I have Xenoblade Chronicles 3 preordered, but that's also over a month away. I might get Omori at some point, but I covet those sweet sales prices. Still waiting for more news about Dragon Quest III and a Switch release of the Pixel Remasters.

I don't really have the time to do the full challenge as posited, especially since I'm getting AITSFNI, but maybe tonight I can go through and see what I've got left to finish or if there's something I can beat in a week.

I'm in!

Gunning for 2 games - but could the check up be on sundays instead? Saturdays are basically the only day I can game for more than some hour or so :p

Darksiders Genesis - 48%

I've at least got a decent chance of beating one of those :>

what can you tell me about it, if you want? I'm going in COMPLETELY blind!
It's probably best to go in as blind as possible so that's great! I will say that, what I didn't realize going in is that it's very much a puzzler where you're constantly tinkering around to see what works. I think I expected more of a vast contrast between chapters, and there's certainly a ton of great thematic variety and parodies of all sorts of things, but the main not-gameplay (cause there is no game) stays mostly the same, from my experience. It's still awesome though, I gotta finish it

I don't know percentages, sorry. Also I am willing to bet against myself on all of these games. But here goes:

Triangle Strategy

Sounds fun!

Dragon Quest 11 S (60%)
Elden Ring (??)
Tales of Arise (50%)

I could do DQ11 S, especially since work is winding down for summer. And Arise is simple enough. I just don't know how much left of Elden Ring I have, haha.

I fear that I will not be able to catch-up with what's left of FFXIV's main story content in two week unless I play it as a full time job.

Yessss @Irene perfect timing, I just finished up Niers Replicant and Automata, and after having my mind and soul dominated by that world since friggin March I now need help to move on.

Hey uh... Does anyone wanna help me pick my two games? 😅
  • Kero Blaster
  • Toree 3D
  • Toree 2
  • Jet Kave Adventure
  • Teslagrad
  • Hob
  • Aggelos
  • SuperEpic
  • Indivisible
  • Hyper Light Drifter

Fun thread idea! Right now I'm dual playing Grand Theft Auto IV and Batman: Arkham Origins. Not sure on exact progress but I have unlocked every island in GTA 4 and have passed the (first?) Bane encounter in Arkham Origins.

Yessss @Irene perfect timing, I just finished up Niers Replicant and Automata, and after having my mind and soul dominated by that world since friggin March I now need help to move on.

• Kero Blaster
  • Toree 3D
  • Toree 2
  • Jet Kave Adventure
  • Teslagrad
  • Hob
  • Aggelos
  • SuperEpic
  • Indivisible
  • Hyper Light Drifter
Sure! I pick Aggelos. Really fun and doable modern Wonder Boy-like.

• Kero Blaster
  • Toree 3D
  • Toree 2
  • Jet Kave Adventure
  • Teslagrad
  • Hob
  • Aggelos
  • SuperEpic
  • Indivisible
  • Hyper Light Drifter
The great and wonderful @Nabbit already suggested one game, so I'll suggest Toree 2 because you're a SEGA fan. At first I was distraught over the lack of any Sonic games on your list, so I had to dig deeper for you. However, the answer turned out to be obvious. What do SEGA fans love more than anything in the world? Playing games out of release order! They regularly play the sixth Yakuza game first without understanding any of the references it's constantly making, and then act like it's normal and that playing the first Yakuza game first would have been unacceptable.

So yeah, play Toree 2 before Toree 3D. Do it for SEGA.

Last edited:
I have so much in my backlog, but if I can squeak out the rest of Kirby SuperStar? I will call it a great two weeks. I have MetaKnights Revenge & Milkway Wishes left. So I guess 60% done?

Xenoblade Definitive Edition (100% File): 70%
Paper Mario: 0%

Starting at 70 for XenoblaDE may sound like casual mode, so to speak, but perfecting this file is anything but casual…

I REFUSE
on principle because that chart doesn’t include the CN tower despite showing buildings shorter than it

okay but for real, I might drop some others on here but let’s say:
  • Ace Attorney Trilogy (28%) — my partner and I are taking turns playing right now and I think we’re almost finished the first game (shit’s a sexist mess but weirdly compelling to play)
  • Elden Ring (70%) — I think events are in motion that will take me to the main final plot showdown, so I just mean “playthrough,” not completion. but there’s one optional chunk of the map that I’d really like to access… so I may remain sidetracked for several more months on this.

I wanted to finish some games before XC3 releases, but this is also a great incentive. (I don't know the percentages, though.)

NEO The World Ends With You
I'm literally at the last boss. lol I've got that to wrap up, then the post-game.

Triangle Strategy
I can't remember what chapter I'm on, but it should be in the later half.

Pokemon Legends Arceus
I'm at the post-game. I haven't even touched it yet, because I was busy filling up the PokéDex, but I think I'll start it since I've got to fill up the PokéDex for the Pokémon I'll catch in the post-game too anyway.

I don't know if I'll have enough time to finish both/either, but I'll try!

Weapon Shop de Omasse - 1%
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - 0%

I might join in. I have some “classic” games which I have been meaning to try out.

I could play gamegear , gameboy and advance games.

I might just pick some random games on the NSO series as the rewind feature is super helpful plus most of those games aren’t too long so I can make it :)

This is a really rad idea for a thread! @Josh5890 I hope you'll post your Tunic experience in the ST when you get a chance! Looking forward to hearing your impressions. And @lightning16 I hope you enjoy your time with Wuppo! It's a really hilarious and under-appreciated gem.

I've seen some of you have mentioned only 1 game. I'm considering that maybe the 2 game rule should be removed, if more are inclined to join in on the fun with only 1 game. As mentioned, it's all about setting personal goals after all.

So people who felt like they had to pick 2 games, you're free to notch it down if you want.

Also, as per @Mbolibombo 's suggestion, I've moved the check-up days to Sundays, which I after some considering figured would be a better fit, it being the end of the weekend and everything.

So we have 1 check-up Sunday the 19th, and one on Sunday the 26th, and then a complete evaluation and rundown the day the Direct happens.

ok i'll try to participate with 2 games for now and we'll see if I can finish those in time to add a third

• 13 Sentinels
  • Rayman legends

Here's what I've got that I've been meaning to get around to. Dunno which ones would feasible to do in the span of a little under two weeks, though I'd probably be able to pick up again betwen finishing AITSFNI and starting XC3.
  • SMT V - got to the last area but then Pokemon came out, might drop the difficulty down to Easy if I come back since I'm kinda underleveled
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land - was playing this with the wife but she didn't really like it, don't know if I want to bother finishing it alone
  • Digimon Cyber Sleuth - Hackers Memory
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses
  • Crosscode
  • Devil May Cry 3
  • Not Tonight
  • Rainswept
  • Dex
  • Hob
  • She Sees Red
  • Sky: Children of the Light
  • Abzu
Feel free to recommend me something to prioritize.

Last edited:
Disco Elysium (end of Day 1)
Kirby's Dream Land 3 (World 3)

I have been more into movies and books the past few months, but I think I might be able to finish these two!

Sure! I pick Aggelos. Really fun and doable modern Wonder Boy-like.
Thanks! It shall be next up on my schedule. 😁

At first I was distraught over the lack of any Sonic games on your list
Because I've beaten all my Sonic games. 😉
However, the answer turned out to be obvious. What do SEGA fans love more than anything in the world? Playing games out of release order!
This is so true
So yeah, play Toree 2 before Toree 3D. Do it for SEGA.
Can't argue with the logic.

@Irene, my games are Aggelos and Toree 2. 😁
Both Sega-likes, apparently. LOL

Oh perfect! I've been going through some of my smaller games in my Switch backlog.

• Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker (on the Toadette part)
  • Steamworld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech (chapter 2?)

Ah, I was excited for this thread! Currently working on:
  • Guardians of the Galaxy (40%)
  • BioShock Remastered (5%)
Hoping to get both of these done well before then so I can get BioShock 2 Remastered and BioShock Infinite done before the end of the month!

Update:
So I fired up Aggelos and almost immediately something came up that I went to check real quick, but that turned into like an hour or two away from the Switch. I came back and realized the game was just sitting there running on the title screen.

So uh.. my in-game hour clock is already gonna be slightly inaccurate when I try to gauge how far along I am based on howlongtobeat. 😅

THAT JUST MEANS I NEED TO FINISH IT BEFORE IRENE'S FIRST CHECK-IN BWAHAHA not really, I know

Public service announcement: when I typed "BWAHAHA" above my phone tried to autocorrect it to "BEANBAGS"
that is all

I’m excited to join in @Irene ! While the deadline is before the Direct, I’m going to do my best to finish my picks before Ai Nirvana Initiative comes out next week since that will consume me. That gives me a solid week, so I’ll just pick two games for now.

First one, the easier of the two, will be Klonoa 2 Dream Champ Tournament a GBA puzzle platformer which I have on the Wii U. I’ve been trying to clear out my Wii U Virtual Console games this year and I’ve been making good progress on that front (I’m down to 17). This one I definitely want to do next since I’d love to have it done before the Klonoa Collection comes out in early July (I haven’t played the other Klonoa 2 yet). I have completed just the tutorial stage yesterday so I’m at 1% completion probably.

My second pick, which this challenge inspired me to pick, is going to be Fire Emblem Awakening. I keep buying Fire Emblem games and not actually playing them. The only ones I’ve beaten are Fire Emblem Heroes Season 1, Fire Emblem Warriors, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. So you know, the good ones lol. Anyway I’m positive I’ll love a normal mainline Fire Emblem if I just stick with it (I love Advance Wars and I love Fantasy) so I’m eager to give one a serious try. I really want to tackle Awakening specifically since it will also help me address my 3DS games with DLC backlog before the eshop closes (19/20 of them are RPGs, whoops). I’ve made a few attempts in the past to play through Awakening, but this will be a fresh playthrough. I’m undecided on which difficulty to pick. I don’t want permadeath (I’ll tackle one with permadeath later this year probably), but I want a proper challenge. If any Fire Emblem fans have any insight here, feel free to share. I’ll edit this post when I start it and pick my difficulty.

Edit: Decided to go with Normal Casual for this playthrough, the easiest setting. I think what I really want out of my first Fire Emblem is learning how it all works and experiencing the story and characters. I have a handful of others in my backlog that don’t have a casual mode so I’ll get that classic experience then. I’m going to try to play it where I don’t lose anyone though to get the practice, but not feel terrible if someone falls in battle.

Last edited:
Thank you for making this thread. It's a very fun idea.

@WhyS
1. Shin Megami Tensei V - 0%
2. Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday - 0%
3. Policenauts - 0%
4. Tokimeki Memorial: Beneath the Tree of Legend - 0%

I almost always play one game at a time, and I just beat Berwick Saga yesterday and haven't started my next game yet, which is why everything is at 0% right now. I was planning on playing Tokimeki Memorial next, followed by Policenauts, which means that I should be able to finish two games before the next Direct!

Once these four games are done, I'll be finished with my backlog and have to start a new one. I'm getting the physical version of Shredder's Revenge, so I still have about a month and a half until I have that game. I'm waiting to see if Sonic Origins has a physical release or a nice sale rather than paying $40 for the digital version. I have Xenoblade Chronicles 3 preordered, but that's also over a month away. I might get Omori at some point, but I covet those sweet sales prices. Still waiting for more news about Dragon Quest III and a Switch release of the Pixel Remasters.
I can already update my list. Tokimeki Memorial is at 100%, kind of. I finished a playthrough, but I ended up with Yuko instead of Shiori, so I'm going to try again before moving onto Policenauts.

As someone said on this thread, I will double down on the Toree's games (since they are short) and I will also try to complete TMNT: Shredder's Revenge.
Nonetheless, I should try to finish Neptunia vs Senran Kagura.

Alright, friends. It's time to face it.

65lYoJr.jpg

It's tall. It's daunting. It's intimidating. And the time has come to file it down - together.

Introducing ...

zU0gtRQ.jpg

So, with an imminent Direct all but confirmed at this point, we're now in for the waiting game. But according to recent rumors, it might take its sweet time to arrive. And even putting the rumors aside, the wait for a Direct always feels somewhat long, and at times dreary.

So, what to do when we're in this current state of the cycle? Well, lots of things. Hype. Smile. Mess around. Shitpost. Make a friend. But sometimes, when the suspense becomes tense, it can be good to keep other things in mind. Stretch your legs, make a routine. Play games. Tackle the backlog.

Ah, yes, the backlog. THAT thing.

WHAT IS THIS?
So, I came up with the idea to initiate a little challenge while we wait for the Direct. A challenge that is a chance for us to work on our backlogs, and try to return to, finish, and cherish those games that has been on the backburner for a while, games that might turn out to be nothing short of fantastic, once finished.

WHAT'S THE IDEA?
The rules are simple: Everyone must pick at least 1 game, and the goal is to try to to finish them before the Direct airs. Every Sunday, I will do a regular check-up to check in on people's progress. The prize for finishing the selected backlog games is the opportunity to look yourself in the mirror, say "I did it!" and then go back to hype and happiness. Please note that this is not a prestige-based challenge at all, and completely free of pressure. Play as much as you want, and take the challenge as a motivation tool rather than something mandatory set in stone.

WHY?
Backlogs can be daunting at times, but tackling them together can be fun! I figured and thought that this thread could serve as a sort of cosy book club-style thread where we all bring our games that we're going to play, and talk about them, and motivate each other to finish them. I think that this could serve as a good opportunity to just settle down and chill with games that we've been meaning to finish for a while now.

So: To start off, please tag yourself in a post, followed by the game(s) you've picked and - roughly - an estimate of how much you've already played. (in percent, hours, whatever you like) This estimate format will serve as a metric for the check-ups. The OP will stay updated.

(I'll start)

BOARD OF CONTESTANTS

Irene
Hyper Light Drifter (10%)
Horizon Forbidden West (25%)
There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension (0%)
Telling Lies (0%)

Brofield
PowerWash Sim (????)

bixente
Tetris 99
Mini Motorways
TENS!
Retro Highway

Josh5890
Fire Emblem: Warriors
Ghost of Tsushima
Tunic

Nmanic
Cuphead (35%)

bellydrum
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Paper Mario (NSO)

WestEgg
Triangle Strategy (25%)
Elden Ring (??%)
Unpacking (33%)

ITSMILNER
Days Gone
TMNT: Shredders Revenge

lightning16
Wuppo (20%)

Pflaumenmus12
Dragon Quest 11
Elden Ring (20h)

neil
Pokémon Legends: Arceus
TMNT: Shredder's Revenge
Switch Sports
Splatoon2

Thunder84
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (20%)
Shin Megami Tensei V (3%)
Kirby and the Forgotten Land (0%)
Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes (10%)
Minecraft (??%)

WhyS
Shin Megami Tensei V - 0%
Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday - 0%
Policenauts - 0%
Tokimeki Memorial: Beneath the Tree of Legend - 0%

frog
GTA IV
Batman: Arkham Origins

Mbolibombo
Darksiders Genesis - 48%

hologram
Triangle Strategy

MrMegaMillions
Dragon Quest 11 S (60%)
Elden Ring (??)
Tales of Arise (50%)

All right. Strap in - and let's play some games!

Riro3Cq.jpg
I'd love to join!

Right now you can put me down for:

Earthbound (probably 60%)
Star Fox 64
Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition (95%)
Octo Expansion

Back
Top Bottom