• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News The DioField Chronicle, a brand-new strategy RPG from SE, out now on PC and consoles (UPDATE: free content update announced, launches March 2023)

Wait it's real time? That makes me MUCH less interested, ugh. Maybe if it has auto-pause when it comes to a unit's turn or something, but real time in general is a big no-go for me.

As excited as I am for more S-E strategy/tactical games in The Year of Strategy… but y’all might want to pump the breaks a bit. Starting to feel a little overwhelmed at this point.

Wait it's real time? That makes me MUCH less interested, ugh. Maybe if it has auto-pause when it comes to a unit's turn or something, but real time in general is a big no-go for me.

from what i can tell from the trailer, it's more of a hybrid. it pauses for a 'turn' when you're making any move on a unit.

I don't think the trailer is great, but I hope the game turns out well. Neat to see a Japanese strategy RPG that isn't turn-based.

I'm glad Square Enix is getting back into SRPG, but man, it's a bit much this year.

This looks interesting insofar that it's real-time, but I want to wait for a demo to see if I can enjoy it.

The aiming reticle has shown up in so many games since the release of Vagrant Story (was that the first time I saw that? Might be!)

And to think Square-Enix are still yet to reveal Tactics Ogre and FFT getting ported to new systems, this really is year of the SRPG.
Looks great.
Reminds me of Three Houses with the mention of the empire, alliance and kingdom.

I was getting a lot of Triangle Strategy vibes. especially since it just launched

Quite honestly, massive fan of SRPGs here and all, but that description accounts for like 90% of the genre lol.

Loving all these SRPG games =) Hope we will get more from other publishers outside Of SE and Nintendo too.

It looks pretty cool. I think I need to see more gameplay before I can really tell what's going on.

The character art is insanely good! Love it so much.
But I'm with @Elven_Star here, in-game visuals are pretty bland in comparison.

Interested in the game nonetheless!

Very interested by this one. I tend to prefer turn-based strategy over real time, but I'm more than happy to give it a chance. It looked very interesting based on that stream so I'm really looking forward to it.

I hope we'll also get the demo; I normally prefer to get games on the Switch, but it's the type of game that might run very poorly on it. Might be perfectly fine, might be a disaster. Hopefully we'll get to know ahead of time!

Confirmed in Asia now, incluiding the demo so pretty sure this is WW date

SBNm6eS.png

Nice, but I am more interested in that korean visually-stunning srpg announced back in 2020

Is it still coming to Switch?
there doesn't seem to have been an updated since last year. since they shown off switch footage, I don't think it got canned. if anything, I think it'll get delayed

Had it not been for this thread, I may have completely overlooked this game. Ever since Tooth and Tail I've been wanting to play more RTS games on console. Although this seems only semi-realtime, I'm looking forward to checking it out. I'm also glad to see the Oninaki character artist, Taiki, return for another Square Enix game.

Nice, but I am more interested in that korean visually-stunning srpg announced back in 2020

Is it still coming to Switch?
Was initially planned for 2022, so ...
I've been looking for new info ever since, but other than some Switch footage there's been nothing new since.

Was initially planned for 2022, so ...
I've been looking for new info ever since, but other than some Switch footage there's been nothing new since.

Do you have a link to the switch footage unveiled after the initial announcement?

Do you have a link to the switch footage unveiled after the initial announcement?
The only thing I'm able to find right now is this

I clearly remember a video showing off dedicated Switch gameplay, but I can't seem to find it right now. I'll keep looking, though.

Sorry for the off-topic, btw, haha

Amazing time for strategy and tactic - rpg fans. Triangel - Strategy, Diofield - Chronicles and Harvestella from Square Enix alone.

If the release day is the same, I assume we'll very likely get the demo too. While I'm very likely going to get the same (srpgs are my jam and it's rare I hate one), I have concerns about the Switch version so the demo will be perfect in deciding where to buy it.

Regarding War of Genesis: Remnant of Grey, unfortunately beautiful-looking Korean games have the tendency to disappear and never come out. I can name a lot more Korean games that vanished compared to ones that actually come out. It'll be a fantastic surprise if it does come out (and gets an English version) but I'm currently not very optimistic about that happening.

I'm feeling kind of sorry for this game.
Its looking solid and has the vibe of something competently made. I think I am its target audience.
But between Tactics Ogre (incoming), Front Mission (imminent), Triangle Strategy (certified Awesome and wishlisted), then Harvestella, Live A Live, even Mario and Rabbids, and throw in the looming announcement of Toothpaste Emblem it just feels like the thunder isn't with this one 🤔

Edit:
O yea, Personas too, man. Just a lot of stout JRPG/Strat-rpg competition this year, and half from S-E themselves

I’m intrigued by this. Still can’t make sense of exactly what’s going on in terms of gameplay but it looks interesting.

Back
Top Bottom