• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Film The Beatles: Get Back | Official Trailer (Disney+, Nov. 25)

E

Emily

From director Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings, King Kong)

Coming to Disney+ on November 25th.

Made entirely from never-before-seen, restored footage, it provides the most intimate and honest glimpse into the creative process and relationship between John, Paul, George, and Ringo ever filmed. Be sure to check them both out, and don’t forget to watch “The Beatles: Get Back” when it rolls out over three days, November 25, 26, and 27, 2021, exclusively on Disney+. Directed by three-time Oscar®-winning filmmaker Peter Jackson (“The Lord of the Rings” trilogy, “They Shall Not Grow Old”), “The Beatles: Get Back” takes audiences back in time to the band’s January 1969 recording sessions, which became a pivotal moment in music history.
The docuseries showcases The Beatles’ creative process as they attempt to write 14 new songs in preparation for their first live concert in over two years. Faced with a nearly impossible deadline, the strong bonds of friendship shared by John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr are put to the test. The docuseries is compiled from nearly 60 hours of unseen footage shot over 21 days, directed by Michael Lindsay-Hogg in 1969, and from more than 150 hours of unheard audio, most of which has been locked in a vault for over half a century. Jackson is the only person in 50 years to have been given access to this Beatles treasure trove, all of which has now been brilliantly restored.

I am very much looking forward to this.

It's a shame there's a fair bit of DNR added though.

This footage looks amazing, im sold, even as someone who thought the let it be original movie was a bummer

Man this looks fantastic, like they hired actors to recreate a Beatles historical movie today.

Coming from Peter Jackson and his past work on WW1 footage, I`m assuming there is some type of state of the art upscaling algorithm being used on the footage.

I'm extremely hyped for this, but I think the footage shown last year looked better than this. Too much AI and noise reduction for my liking.

Took the time to do a little comparison, since I caught a shot that is repeated in both trailers.

New footage looks clearer and better quality overall, but I dunno, maybe adding some grain would make it look more real and less artificial.

Still, seeing the Beatles move and talk to each other and jam and everything is like watching four Gods alive. As you can tell by my profile picture: I'm a Fan.

Quoted by: Nux
I'm extremely hyped for this, but I think the footage shown last year looked better than this. Too much AI and noise reduction for my liking.

Took the time to do a little comparison, since I caught a shot that is repeated in both trailers.

New footage looks clearer and better quality overall, but I dunno, maybe adding some grain would make it look more real and less artificial.

Still, seeing the Beatles move and talk to each other and jam and everything is like watching four Gods alive. As you can tell by my profile picture: I'm a Fan.

I mentioned it on ResetEra, but I think the main thing that has changed has been the grading and aspect ratio.

I don't think the DNR is technically any worse, it just looks worse because of those 2 changes.

Looks fantastic, can't wait. Been listening to The Beatles all day now. Kids even singing along in the car to school.😁

can't wait for 6 more hours of The Beatles, after anthology this must be their biggest content /footage.
Even as a fan I don't remember about the album releases deadline, probably just my memory.

Back
Top Bottom