• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Film The Batman - Main Trailer | In theaters March 4th 2022

GJ

Geef kip 🐔
Community Liaison
Pronouns
He/Him

Just dropped at DC Fandome.

Doesn’t really tell much that wasn’t already known, but they gotta keep some mysteries for the actual film of course. People who’ve seen early screenings have reported that it’s an almost 3-hour long noir detective film, which has me really excited.

edit: Updated the OP with the 4K trailer on Vimeo

Last edited:
Looks solid and I 100% trust Matt Reeves to deliver but I can't help but feel like it's a little too dark visually. Some scenes feel like they're going to have readability issues. This is a big problem with a lot of night time stuff in modern movies though.

Some of the cuts in the trailer are a little cheesy - Andy Serkis going "dear god!" - but I'm in. Hungry for a new Bats solo flick.

I only go to theaters once or twice a year. This will be a must for me. And Jackass 4 in February. Theres my quota it looks like!

A Batman cinema focusing on the noir, detective side is so rare, so this got me a bit hyped.

This looks absolutely incredible. That Batman and Catwoman shot was gorgeous. I already know Robert Pattinson is going to be my favorite Live Action Batman 🙌🏽

The trailer looks fantastic and like a real Batman movie. The last Batman movie I really enjoyed was TDK.

Anyone else disappointed by this trailer? I think it looked pretty terrible.
What do you mean by terrible?

Visually?
Story wise?

I didn’t like the trailer because I just wanted more Riddler and got more Batman, which I really didn’t need since he’s had so much material lol.

Visually, looks really nice, a bit too dark tho, some more light would be nice.

What do you mean by terrible?

Visually?
Story wise?

I didn’t like the trailer because I just wanted more Riddler and got more Batman, which I really didn’t need since he’s had so much material lol.

Visually, looks really nice, a bit too dark tho, some more light would be nice.
I think it looked schlocky overall. For example the jail scene looked like a Christian Bale parody lol

Sorry I'm not getting noir vibes at all from this trailer.
Interesting. I also think it looks immaculately crafted - the technical elements are out-of-control good. Really interesting angles, lighting, and camera rigs for many of these scenes as well. Score sounds fantastic, and it seems really atmospheric!

First time I've been interested in a Batman film since Nolan. That said, I do hope the film has its own identity and doesn't end up feeling too much like Nolan 2.0.

I’ve seen Batman V Superman.

This looks nothing like Batman V Superman.

And I’m someone who wasn’t too impressed with the trailers so far. But looks promising compare to BvS first showings

Well folks, it appears Batman is back, and he's faster than ever.

Sees a scene set at night - Wow! This is a film noir!
This is pretty reductive lol. I work in the film industry and know a lot of details about this particular movie thanks to friends who have attended those verified rough-cut screenings that have been happening in LA the past few weeks. From everything I'm hearing, The Batman is a noir. Nobody was calling BvS a noir.

This is pretty reductive lol. I work in the film industry and know a lot of details about this particular movie thanks to friends who have attended those verified rough-cut screenings that have been happening in LA the past few weeks. From everything I'm hearing, The Batman is a noir. Nobody was calling BvS a noir.
I'm sorry, I'm not an insider, but nothing in this trailer looks like a film noir.

I'm sorry, I'm not an insider, but nothing in this trailer looks like a film noir.

That’s fair. But that’s just what people who’ve allegedly seen the film have been saying. This specific trailer very much feels like it’s made to appeal to the big superhero audience, who might not like a slower, more noir take on Batman.

That’s fair. But that’s just what people who’ve allegedly seen the film have been saying. This specific trailer very much feels like it’s made to appeal to the big superhero audience, who might not like a slower, more noir take on Batman.

I don't believe the people saying this know what film noir is.

when they released the test footage and first teaser in 2020 it feels like so far away, now it's only 6 months to go, hype!

This is easily my most anticipated live-action comic book movie, and I say that as an MCU fan. It just looks so different!

I can't wait for this. Easily my most anticipated film of 2022.

I'm very intrigued by this film's version of The Riddler.

I don't believe the people saying this know what film noir is.
What are telltale signs to you that demonstrate film noir in the detective/mystery genre?

Maybe I can help confirm or deny for you based on your interpretation of what makes noir, noir.

For me, it's that morally ambiguous, fatalist streak with the obsessively cynical narration/voiceover/internal monologue all wrapped up in a broader detective story. By all accounts, this film possesses those qualities.

I can't wait for this. Easily my most anticipated film of 2022.

I'm very intrigued by this film's version of The Riddler.
I'm so relieved that it seems the marketing department is leaving the majority of Riddler's shenanigans vague until the actual movie. I know we'll get another trailer or two before release, but hopefully they keep showing visually spectacular shots and thematically intriguing ideas without actually revealing the crux of the story/his plan.

Paul Dano is also a hell of an actor. He's going to terrify us in this one.

Can't wait for this one. Definitely the most excited I've been for a movie's release in a long time. March feels so far away.

I will never not be excited for a DC movie. Bring on March 2022!
Or actually, since I haven't seen a movie in theaters since Anchorman 2, bring on the home video release!

I liked the trailer, but I hope this movie is as far away from the Nolan films as possible, really don't like them at all. I absolutely love the new Batmobile though. Gives me Adam West vibes with it being a suped up customized regular car. Much better than the tumbler.

I've been trying to avoid watching anything of this, but it looks good, and more importantly, it's a trailer that is a teaser and not an entire plot summary!

It's a mood; one I'm in for.

Liked almost everything in this trailer my only nitpick is that I don't like the mask the riddler wears I'm hoping it's something that he only uses briefly , the cinematography looks so good that last upsidedown shot of Batman going into title card was so good

Back
Top Bottom