• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic The 2022 Games Completed Thread |ST|

Games Beaten in 2022
1. Atelier Ryza 2
2. Luigi's Mansion 3
3. Bioshock Remastered
4. Bioshock 2 Remastered
5. Bioshock Infinite: The Complete Editon
6. Octopath Traveler
7. Pokemon Legends: Arceus
8. Trials of Mana (Remake)
9. Assassins Creed: The Ezio Collection Assassin's Creed 2
10. Star Wars: Republic Commando (Remaster)
11. Triangle Strategy
12. Doom 2016
13. Pokemon Shining Pearl
14. Kirby and The Forgotten Land
15. Assassins Creed: The Ezio Collection Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
16. Assassins Creed: The Ezio Collection Assassin's Creed: Revelations
17. Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
18. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
19. Destory All Humans (Remake)
20. 13 Sentinels
22. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
23. Ys 9
24. Ys Origin
25. TMNT: Shredder's Revenge

Working on Okami now, then try to pick SMT 3 back up
Xenoblade 2 n Fire Emblem both were roughly half way done from 2019 but dropped em and then finished this year

Think I'm making a decent but slow dent in the backlog beast 😅

15th game finished is Rain On Your Parade! One of those games where the point is to cause mischief. It’s funny raining on folks and pissing them off, but I felt like the chaos was considerably hampered by budget/time constraints. For example, you can hurl lightning at a pool but it won’t electrify anyone unless you rained on them beforehand. There’s a lot of those little holes in logic.

16th game finished is Slay the Spire, which I’m counting because I reached the top on my second run. But boy oh boy I’m nowhere near done with building delicious deck combos, believe me.

66. Makaimura (Arcade) [7/10]

Played as part of the Capcom Arcade Stadium. This game is really cool and it's crazy it came out when it did. Some great music and boss designs. You must have had to be crazy or rich to beat this legit back in the day though god damn

27. The King of Fighters XV [ PC ] - 8 Story runs

Just ignore the following ramblings of an SNK fan, game good.

Fatal Fury is an interesting game, when fighting games were still finding their structure, comes what is essentially a beat em up game with a more complex, execution based moveset, you pick between 3 characters, you go through different fighters, culminating in a final boss, wrapped around a simple revenge plot that fits well for the setting and simplicity of it all, now despite that, the final fight with Geese is an incredibly memorable set piece, you are there after a lot of tough fights, at the top of his tower, with its incredible theme blasting in the background, a punishing fight, and in the end, you manage to throw him off the window, the end.

SNK for most of its fighting games, be it Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, The King of Fighters, Last Blade, etc. has always had a higher narrative focus within them compared to others in its genre, a type of narrative that fits, and those are pretty "gamey" set pieces, and they speak for themselves I think. It isn't pure chance that characters like Geese, or Rugal are so cherished (or love hate) among the fanbase that plays these games, SNK gave an experience, with atmosphere, challenge (as unfair as it can be at times), and honestly just pure hype delivered solely through its gameplay. Fatal Fury 3 is among their best games in that respect, from the character select screen, the stage progression design, the middle fight with Geese that features an increasing burning stage, and 2 music phases, the fight with Yamazaki, the twins, it screams pure charm, with boss fights which atmosphere and execution wouldn't be out of place in games with more traditional narrative. Fatal Fury 2 has the Krauser fight, this towering man which stage has an actual orchestra playing his battle theme. And so on, heck, The Last Blade games is just pure chilling atmosphere with a fighting game on top (kind of esoteric but I'm not going to type that much to get it truly across). Stuff that will probably never be fully appreciated, we clearly need some form of free roaming mode to elevate this genre.

And as such, The King of Fighters XV, the latest in the series, is quite an experience as well, bringing back the main theme of XIV to play in the final fight of the tournament to the background of the destroyed KoF arena? Absolutely chilling. Redeeming Verse by giving it a multi phase boss fight with a proper stage worthy of the legacy of bosses from this company? Fantastic. And there is also the smaller details, special character intros that play in the arcade mode between set of characters, the destiny fights between 2 specific fighters that change the music for the encounter, all of that soul.

The rest of the game is quite good too, mechanically pretty solid, upping the pace from XIV to be more like the older games, I'm still not quite sure how to feel about the rushdown mechanic. Presentation wise the character models have been improved significantly from XIV, there is still some jank in terms of how some fighters look, not all of them nail the landing still from their sprite format, and animations are still lacking from the power and fluidity of the sprites, specially in regards to clothing and hair flow, backgrounds could still use some work, still think their best effort of retaining that presentation quality is the latest Samurai Shodown game; the music score is amazing, which is expected. The roster is pretty good, tho newcomers are hit or miss in their designs, Shun and Isla are so anti SNK designs in terms of abandoning the functional simplicity and how effortlessly cool most of them look (but hey a mod already fixed Shun), can't complain about the quantity too much now, they offer more than other fighting games at launch. There is enough replayabilty for me, besides the multiplayer component, the arcade endings, special team endings, and the ability to unlock (unlockables, quite the concept) music from previous SNK games with specific team compositions means I'll have enough to play for a while, plus getting those destiny fights and special conversations to play.

While I don't think the series will ever reach the presentation and to an extent the mechanical beauty of the sprite based games, and there most likely isn't going to be a fighting game as good as KoF XIII, or Garou Mark of the Wolves for me really, this is still a pretty good entry in the series.

1. Kirby and the Forgotten Land (89%): 8
2. Pokémon Legends: Arceus (100%): 8.5

Five months later (about 116 hrs playtime), I finally completed it! (I do not have every single possible objective on every single Pokédex entry filled out but I do have research lvl 10 on all of them, am a full star member, have finished all missions and requests, and have a full team of shiny Pokémon to boot, so I’m going to count this one as a 100% done even though I haven’t caught 25 heavy Bidoof specimens or whatever.) What great fun! This really was the Pokémon game I dreamt about when I was a kid during the GBC/N64 era, at least in concept, if not entirely in execution. An absolute blast, although the post-game got a bit too grindy for a single-person experience. I’m okay with earning my VGC Pokémon stripes with blood, sweat, and tears, but the carrot didn’t smell as sweet when it was just me in Hisui. Effectively needing to level correctly-natured Wurmple, Kricketot, and Kleavor to lvl 95-100 and maxing out their relevant EVs to finish the last batch of Path of Solitude requests after I thought I had finished everything (and spent my resources accordingly) did take unusually long: I’d put the game down more often as it wasn’t as engaging anymore as what came before. But of course, finishing everything was an entirely optional challenge that I put to myself, so it doesn’t matter too much in the grand scheme of things. I really hope they’ll do further Legends spin-off entries with different world concepts - imagine this game in e.g. a fully-fleshed out urban setting - but for now, I’m waiting excitedly for Scarlet & Violet!

Finished Star Wars Squadrons and was fairly whelmed by it. To address the elephant in the room right away: Making you play as a stand-in for Space Nazis in the year of our lord 2020 (and beyond) for half of the game is definitely a choice. I cannot dismiss the possibility that it could theoretically work. Here it really doesn't for a variety of reasons. One moment you play the good guys then the next you slip back into the skin of a nameless, faceless nobody who gets to listen to villains giving you some backstory that is supposed to humanize them and blathering on about the might of the Empire or whatever. When you have a protagonist that cannot react to any of it and NPCs that don't show a shred of remorse about what they're doing it just comes off as gross and tonedeaf. I don't think the devs intended for this to happen. It feels like they actually wanted to make a multiplayer-only game and had to tack on some story where you use all of the ships they made for it and we ended up with this.

On the gameplay side I think the most generous thing I can say is that nothing is outright broken. It's a little weird but it works. Sadly, the energy rerouting mechanic just doesn't feel very fun to engage with. From a "fanservice" perspective the first-person-only view seems misguided. Yes, it makes sense for balancing but I bet that the vast majority of people didn't buy this game to look at the cockpits. I'd wager that most Star Wars fans want to see the cool ships, not chase some cursor through a narrow cockpit view. So while the game definitely looks and sounds and feels like Star Wars, it ends up being a frustrating, almost claustrophobic experience.

2022 completed games:
1. Dragon Quest V
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
3. Banjo-Kazooie
4. Myst
5. The Artful Escape
6. Kirby Planet Robobot
7. Death's Door
8. Star Fox 64 3D
9. Splatoon
10. Far: Changing Tides
11. Monument Valley 2+
12. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
13. The Last Friend
14. The Great Ace Attorney: Adventures
15. Yoku's Island Express
16. Metroid Dread
17. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
18. Trek to Yomi
19. Rayman Legends
20. Cosmic Star Heroine
21. Eiyuden Chronicles: Rising
22. Asura's Wrath
23. Assassin's Creed Origins
24. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge
25. Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth
26. Kill It With Fire
27. Star Wars Squadrons

1) Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Switch)
2) Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (Xbox Series S)
3) Psychonauts 2 (Xbox Series S)
4) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (NSO)
5) Dungeon Encounters (Switch)
6) No More Heroes 3 (Switch)
7) Triangle Strategy (Switch)
8) Kirby & the Forgotten Land (Switch)
9) Pokemon Legends Arceus (Switch)
10) Metroid Dread (Switch)
11) Triangle Strategy (Switch)
12) Mass Effect 1 [Legendary Edition] (Xbox Series S)
13) Mass Effect 2 [Legendary Edition]
(Xbox Series S)

I can't even attempt to be balanced about this game; I adore it. It's one of my absolute favourite games and an all time great in my opinion. Not the sequel I expected, but I really love the way they used the world the first game had built and centred it on the motley crew you assemble. Love the episodic structure and the way the finale demands you make the most of everything you've done. The series peaks here for me.

What's even better: I've got Lair of the Shadow Broker and the other story expansions to do in a few months, once I've completed Three Hopes and Live Alive. Might manage to get Mass Effect 3 in before the end of the year, release schedule and purchases depending; part of me would keep playing missions with this team forever, so long as I was allowed Wrex and Liara back.

Last edited:
67. The Looker (PC) [7.5/10]
A nice and pretty looking puzzle game about how Jonathan Blow is a moron. Fun puzzles and doesn't overstay its welcome. Also it's free!

68. Daimakaimura (Arcade) [8/10]
Part of the Capcom Arcade Stadium. A big step up over the original. Cool techniques like shadow clones, more forgiving controls, cool bosses, and a fun credits sizzle reel like the one in Pikmin 1. Lots of fun but feels just a little too short, and some of the zones aren't hits.

16. AI: The Somnium Files - nirvanA Initiative

H. O. L. Y. S. H. I. T.

This is one of those rare, precious moments in a gaming life when you put down a controller in stunned disbelief, silently looking at the screen with your jaw to the floor, trying to sloooowly process what you've just been through.

Like.

Dude.

WHOA.

This has been one hell of a rollercoaster for me over the course of the week, one that has taken me to places and emotions that games has rarely done, from tender moments in somnium spaces reflecting heartbreak and trauma, to creepy scenes that has been plucked from the depths of Zero Escape with a bloody fork, to wistful dialogue from cheeky anime girls that has made me smile from ear to ear.

Yes, it's not without faults, and there are some things the first game did better. While nirvanA certainly delivers pure Chunsoft mindfuckery, it doesn't quite reach the level of pure WTF-ness that the first game reached, and I also felt that the first game exhausted its narrative potential more. But for me, nirvanA delivered characters I liked more, funnier interactions, vastly improved somnium sections, more interesting themes and one hell of a finale.

When it comes to GOTY discussions, every game that is going to come after this is going to shiver in trepidation, even if the new EPD Tokyo game makes it this year. (EDIT: For me, I mean)

This is an acclaimed storyteller returning with a magnum opus.

10/10

Last edited:
10. Dragon Quest Builders 2. Definitely a better game than the first one. Was overall an enjoyable experience.

I've also finished Crimson Flower route of Fire Emblem Three Houses. I might do a Verdant Wind playthrough next and then I'd probably be done.
Would up doing Verdant Wind too. After the time skip but still fighting the Empire.

11. Ori and the Blind Forest. I'm not a fan of the chase sequences but story is really good. Definitely was worth playing.

23. Another Eden: A Cat Beyond Time and Space (Mobile)

After my baby was born, I didn't have much time or energy for traditional gaming, let alone something that required much brain power, so I was thankful for the discovery of Another Eden. It's a free gacha rpg from the writer of the Chrono series. This game was designed with accessibility in mind, so if I only have a few fingers available to swipe, I can still get the full gameplay experience. Some of the writing was a little lacking, but in many ways, this game had a lot of depth, almost too much content to explore. In addition to the main story, each character has 3 or 4 quests, and side content includes everything from supernatural mysteries in a futuristic high school to crossover events with Chrono Cross, Tales of Vespiria and Persona 5. Even though it's a gacha game, I never felt tempted to spend money, and it is set up to reasonably complete the main story without needing to. The game was fun up to a point, but after the credits rolled and there was a phone book's worth of additional main story content, my eyes glazed over and I felt burnt out on video games for a few months. (3 out of 5.)

24. Kirby's Dream Land 3 (SNES Online)

Pleasant, mind-numbingly easy, and unoriginal. (1.5 out of 5.)

25. Disco Elysium: The Final Cut (Switch)

This was a very special game, certainly one of my favorites of the year so far. I'm very glad I picked it up! It does have some moments of stuttering and some odd bugs where the main character disappears and you need to restart. But nothing felt super frustrating, I was happy to be in this world even when it was glitching out. Every thread in this story pays off tremendously. Smart moves are made with the isometric RPG format, and with the thoughts. I loved everything about this game and would love to play any game inspired by it. (5 out of 5.)

Games I have finished this year so far part 2:

Thunder Cross (Switch)
Hollow Knight (Switch)
Elden Ring (PC)
Super Mario Land 2 (GB)
SD Gundam G Generation Advance (GBA)
Blaster Master Zero (Switch)
Blaster Master Zero 2 (Switch)
Castlevania Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond (Switch)
Kero Blaster (PC)
Pokemon Legends Arceus (Switch)
Yu-Gi-Oh Legacy of the Duelist (campaign only) (Switch)
Star Wars Squadrons (PC)
Advance Wars 1 (GBA)
Advance Wars 2 (GBA)
Panzer Dragoon (Switch)
Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga (PC, coop)

Star Wars Fallen Order (PC on higher difficulty)
Kirby Forgotten Land (Switch)
Xeno Crisis (Evercade)
Chasm (Switch)
Pop n Twinbee (NSO)
SMB2 (NSO)
Streets of Rage 4 (PC)
TMNT: Shredders Revenge (PC, coop)

I just beat Gato Roboto yesterday. Nice short bitesize metroidvania game thats very cute and not that super hard.

Back into FFXIV going through the story after a hiatus. (PC, Heavensward)

Last edited:
This was a very productive month for me!

June-
21. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (PS5)- Only the second Ratchet game that I have ever played, but it was awesome! I actually went through and got the Platinum, which is something that I NEVER do.

22. Crusi'n Blast (Switch)- $20 for some silly arcarde racing fun is hard to beat.

23. A Plague Tale: Innocence (PS5)- I went in with low expectations (PS+ pick up from last year), but I found it to be a fun game. It kind of scratched the Uncharted itch in a way. I really hope the combat gets improved with Requim because there were a couple of almost impossible spots.

24. Tunic (Xbox)- Runner up for GOTY at the moment. Only gripe was that

25. Fire Emblem Warriors (Switch)- With the new game coming out, I wanted to clear this off the back log. It was another Nintendo muoso game. Nothing super special but it was definitely worth a playthrough. I would return to it if Nintendo ever added the DLC to the expansion pass.

26. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge (Switch)- I have been waiting over 25 years for this game. Soooooo good.

26. Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Switch)- Best. Kirby Game. Ever

27. Vampire Savior (Switch)- First game in the Capcom Fighting Game Collection that I completed. I am already addicted to playing as Felicia!

This month will be more RPG focused with Live A Live and Xenoblade 3 coming. I do have Ghost of Tsushima that I am currently working on as well.

For millennia philosophers have searched for the one universal truth and they finally found it in the year 2007, namely that "Portal is good".

I have nothing to add, just that I replayed it again, this time on Switch, and remembered this fun history fact.

1. Dragon Quest V
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
3. Banjo-Kazooie
4. Myst
5. The Artful Escape
6. Kirby Planet Robobot
7. Death's Door
8. Star Fox 64 3D
9. Splatoon
11. Monument Valley 2+
13. The Last Friend
16. Metroid Dread
18. Trek to Yomi
19. Rayman Legends
20. Cosmic Star Heroine
22. Asura's Wrath
26. Kill It With Fire
27. Star Wars Squadrons
28. Portal

#1 Shin Megami Tensei V (83h)
#2 Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (5h+)
#3 Taiko no Tatsujin Drum'n'Fun (25h+)
#4 The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (30h+)
#5 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (75h+)
#6 Pokémon Legends Arceus (102h)
#7 The Great Ace Attorney Adventure (35h+)
#8 Rez Infinite (3h)
#9 Kirby 64 The Crystal Shards
#10 MegaMan (Wily Wars version)

Nintendo dropped this surprise on us today and I just had to try this game. I've always wanted to play it, but it was never made available for me.

What I can say from beating MM1 is that graphics look nice but controls and music are a downgrade. The controls especially are clunkier than the NES game and sometimes I was wondering if my Pro Controller was malfunctioning cause inputs simply don't work sometimes. All in all it was a nice experience because if anything, the game is much easier than the hellish original MM1 so I was able to beat it in a couple hours.

I posted in the 2021 thread but forgot to catch up here. All on switch unless otherwise noted:

0. Doom Eternal - 2021-12-31, Switch version, also finished on XSX last year
1. Zelda: A Link to the Past - 2022-03-04, lost count of how many times I've played this
2. Pikmin 3 Deluxe - 2022-03-08
3. Metroid Dread: Dread Mode - 2022-04-11
4. TUNIC (XSX) - 2022-05-09
5. Super Metroid - 2022-05-05, play at least once a year
6. Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 2022-05-08, 4th playthrough, this one with my daughter watching
7. Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - 2022-05-24
8. Guacamelee! - 2022-05-31, 3rd or 4th playthrough
9. Guacamelee! 2 - 2022-06-07, 3rd playthrough
10. TMNT: Shredder's Revenge - 2022-06-27, played story mode with all 7 characters to level 10
11. Portal - 2022-06-29, lost count of how many times I've played
12. Portal 2 - 2022-07-01, lost count

A few new games, but mostly stuff I've played multiple times before. I'm pretty Switch-focused but until Splatoon 3, there's just not a lot of new stuff this year on Switch that interests me. TMNT and TUNIC are pretty great though!

Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel - 8/10

Luigis Mansion 3 - 7.5/10

Crysis Remastered- 7.5/10

Next: Crysis 2 / Xenoblade Chronicles 3

1. Pokemon Legends: Arceus
2. Triangle Strategy
3. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
4. AI: The Somnium Files
5. Trails in the Sky
6. Trails in the Sky SC
7. Death's Door
8. Luigi's Mansion 3

That's roughly the order in which I played and completed games so far this year. I've enjoyed all of them! Kirby was pure fun, Triangle Strategy hooked me with its great gameplay, and AI: The Somnium Files had one of the best narratives I've experienced in recent memory. Also, diving further into the Trails series after finishing the cold steel games last year has been a delight. I really look forward to Zero and Azure releasing soon!

18th game finished is Alien Soldier on Genesis NSO. This was one of those games that I could only gawk at in gaming magazines, and I think childhood me will be elated to know it plays as good as it looks. Really good shooting action, like you’d expect from Treasure. And thank heavens for that rewind function.

17. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
Played Birthright and then Conquest right after it. Liked Conquest better. It had more interesting goals on maps, though I did miss the Birthright challenge maps for grinding. I suppose if I had bought dlc I might have had access to that but I didn't and don't feel inclined to. Enjoyed the characters more as well. I was initially more interested in this side of the plot as well.
Playing a character who picks the side they grew up with and not wanting to have to fight their birth family was more compelling for me, but also the plot kind of got... well.. fell flat for me. Throwing the rest of this in a spoiler tag in case.

I liked that the player character wants to turn their reputation around and not kill people in fights, and that your hands are kind of tied by the fact that there are people above you who don't care and are going to try to not be helpful in that regard.
What I didn't like was it felt like this side of the story had to hit the same story beats as Birthright. We had to have Lilith show up and sacrifice themselves, we had to have a similar confrontation where the eldest prince dies... and it felt odd that I was hitting same beats from the first game in what is suppose to be a different path in my mind.
The thing that really got me as well was that at some point its revealed that the King is basically a demon and something is using his body, but you and Azura decide that none of your siblings will believe you so you have to conquer Hoshido in order to get him to sit on the throne and then your siblings will see for certain that he's evil and needs to die.... and I find that unbelievable. Mainly cause there's no even trying to get your siblings, who would do anything for you, to see that their Father isn't himself. Maybe there's suppose to be a "of course they'll never turn against him" feeling but I didn't think it was there.

18. What Remains of Edith Finch
I've had this in my backlog for a while. Got it as part of a PS Plus download thing. It's a couple of hours long. It's a walking sim and I really enjoyed it. Felt very much like an interactive movie. You are visiting the old family house that you inherited to find out what a key that was left to you unlocks. And you spend time just crawling around secret passages into family members rooms so that you can find out what happened in the family stories your mom didn't originally want you to know about.
Every time you find the object in a person's room that leads into their story you switch to their perspective and go through it. I'm not going to go into any of them cause its probably better to just play through or watch a video than for me to spoil any of them.
The only other Walking Sim type game I've played that I can think of is Gone Home. And to me this felt similar but more directed and the perspective changes were more interesting to me too.

1. Hatsune Miku Logic Paint S [Switch]
  2. Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages [3DS eshop]
  3. Neo: The World Ends With You [Switch]
  4. VA-11 HALL-A [Switch]
  5. Chicory: A Colorful Tale [Switch]
  6. The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince [Switch]
  7. Death's Door [Switch]
  8. Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection [Vita]
  9. Tunic [Steam]
  10. Chibi-Robo Ziplash! [3DS]
  11. Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls [Vita]
  12. Kirby and the Forgotten Land [Switch]
  13. Super Metroid [3DS ambassador game]
  14. Spider-Man [PS4]
  15. The Cruel King and the Great Hero [Switch]
  16. Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright [3DS]
  17. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest [3DS]
  18. What Remains of Edith Finch [PS4]

19th game finished is a short, wonderfully satirical game called We Become What We Behold. Not going to spoil anything but it should be fun for anyone who has things to say about modern media cycles.

Downloaded House Flipper off Game Pass, did all the regular tasks, flipped a few houses, counting it as completed.

It's a weird game in some ways. The aim of the game (buying properties, fixing them up and reselling them for a profit) feels like a bad fit for the first-person perspective it's set in. I often felt like I didn't have the necessary level of control to properly realize what I wanted to make. On the other hand, it makes for a weirdly visceral experience to actually go into these dumps and fix them. Make no mistake though: This is real estate agent propaganda. The prices for these places aren't even wildly inflated.

1. Dragon Quest V
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
3. Banjo-Kazooie
4. Myst
5. The Artful Escape
6. Kirby Planet Robobot
7. Death's Door
8. Star Fox 64 3D
9. Splatoon
11. Monument Valley 2+
13. The Last Friend
16. Metroid Dread
18. Trek to Yomi
19. Rayman Legends
20. Cosmic Star Heroine
22. Asura's Wrath
26. Kill It With Fire
27. Star Wars Squadrons
28. Portal
29. House Flipper

Would up doing Verdant Wind too. After the time skip but still fighting the Empire.

11. Ori and the Blind Forest. I'm not a fan of the chase sequences but story is really good. Definitely was worth playing.
12. Sniper Elite V2 Remastered. Good story, good music, killcam is great (Nazis dying horribly is always good).

69. Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts (SNES) [8/10]

Grest visuals and music. Feels like less of a step forward than Daimakaimura but still fun to run through. I don't like the bosses as much as the last game. Still highly recommended!

9. Trails in the Sky the 3rd. Great send-off for the Sky characters and really good lore dumps that came from the doors. Since I binged FC and SC about a month ago, I'm glad this one changed the flow of progression a little bit. I look forward to Zero when it comes out in September!

Just transfering my list from a duplicate thread. May add impressions later...

PS5

Demon Souls Remastered (plat)

Series X

Scarlet Nexus
Tunic
Guardians of the Galaxy
Elden Ring (100% achievements)
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Minecraft Dungeons
Chrono Cross Radical Dreamers Edition

Switch

Kirby and the Forgotten Land
SMTV (did half of it last year, but finished the second half recently)

Currenlty working on...

Ys IX (Switch)
Ratchet and Clank (PS5)
Ori and the Blind Forest (Series X)
Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak (Switch)

Currently planning to pick up and complete in the future...

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (Switch)
Splatoon 3 (Switch)
Fire Emblem Three Hopes (Switch)
Triangle Strategy (Switch)
God of War Ragnarok (PS5)
Plague Tale Requiem (Series X)
TMNT Shredder's Revenge (Series X)

These are the games that are currently standing out to me ATM, and this may change overtime.

1) F1 2021 (PS5)
2) Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (3DS)
3) Pokémon: Shining Pearl (NSW)
4) Spider-Man Remastered (PS5)
5) Banjo-Kazooie (NSW)
6) Pokémon Legends: Arceus (NSW)
7) Gran Turismo 7 (PS5)
8) Dirt 5 (PS5)
9) Kirby Super Star (NSW)
10) Excitebike 64 (Wii U)
11) Nintendo Switch Sports (NSW)

12) Card Shark (NSW)

Charming. Brutally difficult. More fun to watch than it is to play.

1. Final Fantasy XIV Online [ PC ] - Stormblood 4.1 - 4.5 / Shadowbringers - 5.5 / Endwalker 6.1
(A Realm Reborn - Heavensward - Stormblood) - 9 ~ 10
(Shadowbringers) - 8
(Endwalker) - 6

2. WarioWare: Get It Together! [ Switch ] - 7.5
3. Castlevania: Circle of the Moon ( Replay ) [ Switch ] - 10
4. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD ( Replay ) [ Switch ] - 8
5. Dolphin Blue - 8
6. Metal Slug 6 - 8
7. Pokemon Legends Arceus [ Switch ] - 6.5
8. Kirby and the Forgotten Land [ Switch ]
9. Genital Jousting [ PC ] - 7
10. Tales of Arise [ PC ] - 5
11. Tales of Destiny: Director's Cut - 8.5
12. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze ( Replay ) [ Switch ] - 9.8
13. Annalynn [ PC ]
14. Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children + White Lion and Black Witch Episode [ PC ] - 9

15-21. CAPCOM Beat 'Em Up Bundle [ Switch ]

Final Fight - 6
Captain Commando - 8
The King of Dragons - 7
Knights of the Round - 6.5
Warriors of Fate - 5
Armored Warriors - 10
Battle Circuit - 8.5

22 - 24. Valis the Fantasm Soldier Collection [ Switch ]
Valis: The Fantasm Soldier - 10
Valis II - 7
Valis III - 9

25. Alice: Madness Returns [ PC ] - 7
26. Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon [ 3DS ] - 9
27. King of Fighters XV [ PC ] - 11 Story runs

28. Resident Evil 2 (1998) - Claire A

Hideki Kamiya never misses.

29. Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun [ PC ] - 9
30. Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun Aiko's Choice [ PC ] - 10

Amazing duo of strategy/stealth/puzzle? games, the level of approach and options across all its levels is quite great, enabling a lot of on the fly experimentation due to the quick save system, a fun cast, is an incredibly tight journey, in the original game some parts can feel somewhat unclear, and it has somewhat slow bits here and there. Aiko's Choice has 3 excellent levels, and 3 interludes that are a good change of pace that makes it the most consistent experience.

31. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge [ PC ] - 7

Biggest problem are some of the bosses, some can feel unfair, others are solid, and the others are just waiting, the final boss being the biggest offender of that, and is not very challenging or entertaining waiting. Solid beat em up otherwise, and taunt to recharge the super move is pretty broken, least from my experience in multiplayer.

As an aside I would have really liked this to be based on the CG or Rise show, or for this to be an original take on the turtles, the OG has a good amount of solid games already, among them the excellent Turtles in Time, and TMNT doesn't really need to rely on the original's nostalgia because every generation is really good.

Since I can’t make progress through Ace Attorney without my girlfriend, I took up another visual novel: Gnosia! Really cool Werewolf type of game, gets a lot more fun when you get more tools to sus out the impostors.

1) F1 2021 (PS5)
5) Banjo-Kazooie (NSW)
7) Gran Turismo 7 (PS5)
8) Dirt 5 (PS5)
12) Card Shark (NSW)

13) Elec Head (NSW)

Very fun. Not too difficult either. A great little puzzle platformer. Obviously it takes huge inspiration from VVVVVV, not just in its artstyle but also in its puzzle design. The only thing holding Elec Head back from greatness is its short length. For $10, you can’t go wrong here.

10. Zero Escape 999

What a ride. I enjoyed a lot of the puzzles and appreciated how they weren't too overbearing. Like, if I didn't understand something at first, there was usually something around to help so that I wouldn't need an online guide. And of course, the story was very intriguing. Excited to go through the rest of the series!

1) F1 2021 (PS5)
5) Banjo-Kazooie (NSW)
7) Gran Turismo 7 (PS5)
8) Dirt 5 (PS5)
12) Card Shark (NSW)

13) Elec Head (NSW)

Very fun. Not too difficult either. A great little puzzle platformer. Obviously it takes huge inspiration from VVVVVV, not just in its artstyle but also in its puzzle design. The only thing holding Elec Head back from greatness is its short length. For $10, you can’t go wrong here.
I disagree with this. There's many great games that are short, such as A Short Hike and Inside.

1. Kirby and the Forgotten Land | NSW | 8.0
2. Pokémon Legends: Arceus | NSW | 8.5
3. Peggle | XSS | 7.5

So, my younger daughter has been sick recently and I’ve had a lot of nights on the sofa with her on my chest so my wife can sleep. So I needed a chill, one-handed, no-time-pressure game and I saw Peggle on Game Pass so nostalgia kicked in. And I’m very glad it did. This was a really fun trip down memory lane! I think I last played this on a break from studying for a high school biology exam. Times change, but Peggle does not.

4. Peggle 2 | XSS | 5

The natural conclusion to the above was to try the sequel I didn’t know about. That was a mistake. I don’t know if I’m blinded by nostalgia for the first entry but this felt like a textbook example of how not to make a sequel. Fewer “characters”, arguably worse level design, inarguably worse visual design, and they somehow decided not only to make the level screen itself smaller and the “frame” around it inexplicably big, but also to erase the difference in art styles between the two so that they are harder to separate. At its core, it’s still Peggle so it gets a passing grade on the gameplay alone. But no more than that. What a shame.

Added a couple to my list since my last update -

16. Far Lone Sails [NSW]
17. Kirby and the Forgotten Land [NSW]
18. Darksiders: Genesis [NSW]
19. Ruined King: A League of Legends Story [NSW]

Enjoyed all of these.

11. Fire Emblem Three Hopes (Black Eagles)

I'm counting this as completed since one route took me 45 hours. I may return later for the others, but the gameplay loop doesn't keep me motivated for multiple play-throughs like Three Houses did. Still, Three Hopes was a great way to return to Fodlan and enjoy the cast one more time. It was also fun to mess with classes and battalions to create favorable match-ups in battle. Overall, it's a solid entry in the ongoing saga of warriors collaborations, and I'm glad I played it.

Totally forgot to mention:

17. May 17th - Super Mario World (NSO)
This game is just legendary. It has this magical feeling to it, like it's endless. It feels like every time you play through it, you discover something new, some hidden area, some quirk, some nuance. It's so dense and layered that it's mind-blowing how it still charms and delights some 30 years later. An amazing feat in games. 10/10

18. May 20th - The Legend of Zelda (NSO)
Basically what I said above. This is my favorite 2D Zelda, and there's a special kind of magic to its archaic yet delightfully opaque sense of mystery and intrigue. No hand-holding, no directions: Just you and an alluring yet dangerous world, that despite its primitive graphics still produces an immense amount of player engagement. 10/10.

Summing up my totals here:

1. January 3rd, 2022 - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild randomizer (10/10)
2. January 6th, 2022 - NieR: Automata, Ending E [Replay] (10/10)
3. January 8th, 2022 - NieR: Replicant, Ending A [Replay] (8.5/10)
4. January 16th - Tales of Xillia (8/10)
5. January 22nd - Xenoblade Chronicles X [Replay] (9.5/10)
6. January 29th - Final Fantasy IX [Replay] (10/10)
7. February 3rd - Final Fantasy VIII (8/10)
8. February 6th - Final Fantasy VII [Replay] (9/10)
9. March 8th - Tales of Arise (8/10)
10. March 12th - Unpacking (8/10)

11. March 22nd - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD [Replay] (10/10)
12. March 26th - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time [Replay] (10/10)
13. March 31st - Kirby and the Forgotten Land (9/10)
14. April 17th - 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim [Switch Replay] (10/10)
15. May 3rd - OPUS: Echo of Starsong (10/10)
16. May 10th - Piano (Nintendo Labo Variety Kit) (10/10)

17. May 17th - Super Mario World (NSO) [Replay] (10/10)
18. May 20th - The Legend of Zelda (NSO) [Replay] (10/10)
19. June 26th - AI: The Somnium Files - nirvanA Initiative (10/10)

Now, this is a lot of 10's. Mostly due to that I've replayed a couple of favourites, but also that I've been very fortunate with what I've picked up :)

1. Final Fantasy XIV Online [ PC ] - Stormblood 4.1 - 4.5 / Shadowbringers - 5.5 / Endwalker 6.1
(A Realm Reborn - Heavensward - Stormblood) - 9 ~ 10
(Shadowbringers) - 8
(Endwalker) - 6
2. WarioWare: Get It Together! [ Switch ] - 7.5
3. Castlevania: Circle of the Moon ( Replay ) [ Switch ] - 10
4. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD ( Replay ) [ Switch ] - 8
5. Dolphin Blue - 8
6. Metal Slug 6 - 8
7. Pokemon Legends Arceus [ Switch ] - 6.5
8. Kirby and the Forgotten Land [ Switch ]
9. Genital Jousting [ PC ] - 7
10. Tales of Arise [ PC ] - 5
11. Tales of Destiny: Director's Cut - 8.5
12. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze ( Replay ) [ Switch ] - 9.8
13. Annalynn [ PC ]
14. Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children + White Lion and Black Witch Episode [ PC ] - 9
15-21. CAPCOM Beat 'Em Up Bundle [ Switch ]
Final Fight - 6
Captain Commando - 8
The King of Dragons - 7
Knights of the Round - 6.5
Warriors of Fate - 5
Armored Warriors - 10
Battle Circuit - 8.5
22 - 24. Valis the Fantasm Soldier Collection [ Switch ]
Valis: The Fantasm Soldier - 10
Valis II - 7
Valis III - 9
25. Alice: Madness Returns [ PC ] - 7
26. Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon [ 3DS ] - 9
27. King of Fighters XV [ PC ] - 11 Story runs

28. Resident Evil 2 (1998) - Claire A / Leon B - 10

Design wise is arguably the least interesting/unique of the PS1 games, but it has the best pacing of the bunch for me, the dual scenario mechanic is really neat, and it has an actual good enough story, nothing more unsettling in this series than getting a story I can get invested into.

29. Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun [ PC ] - 9
30. Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun Aiko's Choice [ PC ] - 10
31. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge [ PC ] - 7

32. Resident Evil 3 (1999) - 8

On paper this should be the better RE game, but the concept of using Raccoon City as the setting is not executed as well as it could be beyond the first half, and the gameplay mechanics get really stretched in the action department, which in turn makes Nemesis annoying rather than a proper threat. Still a pretty good game despite that. I clapped when I went back to the RPD for reasons?

33. Resident Evil 7 [ PC ] - 6

Eh, I mean the boss fights, and in general the Baker family, is the highlight of the game. Control is kind of clunky, I have to turn up the brightness considerably, not because is scary, but because I can see fuck all in a game that asks me to explore and gather resources, which due to the new perspective and the placement of many objects, means having to look down just in case I don't miss anything for a good percentage of the game. Enemy variety is non existant, and is kind of annoying to not waste resources trying to run away from them, which means there isn't much choice for me, better just kill them than having them chase me for a good number of rooms. Is ok, but not something I'll revisit, and I'm not sure if I'll play Village.

34. Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below [ PC ] - 7

A mix of RPG elements, Musou combat, and tower defense, with Dragon Quest flavor, it actually pulls it off well enough, a fun time, nothing amazing, much like any other Musou game I have played. Did gave me some chills when the Heavenly Flight theme was used near the end of the game tho.

10. Zero Escape 999

What a ride. I enjoyed a lot of the puzzles and appreciated how they weren't too overbearing. Like, if I didn't understand something at first, there was usually something around to help so that I wouldn't need an online guide. And of course, the story was very intriguing. Excited to go through the rest of the series!
Regarding the puzzles, I've always found hilarious how many of the characters were portrayed as extremely smart, having knowledge of pretty random things, one of them even being a super hacker...

...but then they are presented with a Sudoku and everyone is completely stumped lol.

#1 Shin Megami Tensei V (83h)
#2 Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (5h+)
#3 Taiko no Tatsujin Drum'n'Fun (25h+)
#4 The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (30h+)
#5 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (75h+)
#6 Pokémon Legends Arceus (102h)
#7 The Great Ace Attorney Adventure (35h+)
#8 Rez Infinite (3h)
#9 Kirby 64 The Crystal Shards
#10 Megaman (Wily Wars version)
#11 Banjo Kazooie (13h)
#12 Megaman 2 (Wily Wars)
#13 Megaman 3 (Wily Wars)
#14 Pokémon Puzzle League
#15 Megaman 5

Completed a bunch of smaller games this time. Played Wily Wars for the first time, and since I was on a MM binge, I replayed 5 too and will probably get around to 6 soon.

I finished Banjo Kazooie for the first time ever, and while I really enjoyed the game and can see why it's a classic, it has many annoying issues that prevent me from saying it's one of my favorites. Controls are a bit clunky, specially flying and shooting eggs (and why do we get hurt when missing that flying homing attack? The snow levels with those snowmen was hell). Notes held you hostage to a level, they should at least keep your notes when you died as long as you don't game over (otherwise what's really the point of lives?). Stages with instant death hazards were absolutely awful because of this, and I sure as hell wouldn't have gotten all the notes if I weren't abusing save states. I have no idea how people 100%ed rusty bucket bay back then. Gruntilda's lair is extremely complicated to navigate for no particular reason and the cauldrons don't help shit. Also, the final boss is ridiculously designed, just ridiculous. Those fireballs pattern and the unavoidable spells were there to actively make the player feel frustrated. All in all, it's a great game hindered by some baffling decisions that felt like the devs enjoyed harassing the player for no reason. Would greatly benefit from a remake that fixes that stuff, because otherwise it's a fun and creative game with a lot to love.

I am now playing through Carrion, which was courtesy of our pal @Plum for his bingo, and shit I love this so much. Why aren't more people talking about this game? It's like Metroid except you play as a grotesque creature straight from a b horror movie from the 80s. It's incredibly satisfying creeping around terrorizing those poor people, eating them alive in front of each other while they scream in horror. Great game for those who like horror movies, you will not regret buying it.

In the meantime I have also recently finished the World of Light in Smash Ultimate, but I still kinda wanna try getting every single spirit so I'm still not putting it as completed. So much content in this game, it's crazy.

01 — New Pokémon Snap (8.0)
It took a few decades, but hard to argue that NPS is a cute, expanded sequel that hits the right notes. I loved the mechanic of running courses in the day or at night to see different Pokémon and behaviours. One of the best looking Switch games to boot! And there’s still not really anything else quite like this series.

02 — OlliOlli World (6.5)
This series gets a whole new dimension and a whole new look for this entry. The more vibrant style is fitting, and the parody of a spiritual journey — become a skilled yet chill skater, and ascend to Gnarvana — is a fun idea. A lot of it is wasted on sagging, highly skippable dialogue however. More concerning: eventually you are flying through levels so quickly it can be genuinely difficult to tell what obstacles are coming at you, and the multiple planes you can skate on make it tough to if an obstacle is a concern this given instant or not. I found those flaws detrimental enough that I finished OlliOlli World, but I never went back after seeing those credits roll.

03 — McPixel (8.0)
To celebrate the announcement of McPixel 3, a sequel in a series where there was never a McPixel 2, I played the original. If you find yourself in a very silly and immature mood, there is scarcely a better game to boot up. It’s a comedy game with a point and click style interface. You are the video game MacGruber. 95% of what you do ends in explosive death. It’s got a sequel coming out. It’s great.

04 — Nintendo Switch Sports (6.0)
For someone who doesn’t get much dedicated time to play games online — or on a TV for that matter — I didn’t end up getting this one. I didn’t like the timed periods to unlock cosmetics, and the lack of any discrete extra modes or general progression in single player made this sort of a non-starter for me. The stability online was really good for me in what I did play, though.

05 — Diablo Immortal (4.0)
I knew it was inevitable, but it was still a big disappointment. Diablo is one of my favourite — and definitely most played — series, and Immortal is a cruel facade of it. It looks and sounds right. The feel of combat and laying down AoE spells with touch controls is great. But it’s all just a ruse to get you into the endgame, where progress slows to a halt and popup ads for the store ramp way up. Even without the bad economy — which is impossible to ignore — the endgame isn’t even fun. One day I booted it up and it immediately took over the menu screen to be like, “Hey, do you want to spend $27.99?” I did not.

06 — Air Twister (6.5)
Yu Suzuki made a new Space Harrier-style game, and it’s on Apple Arcade! Air Twister makes a great first impression. It’s touch controls are intuitive, the game has a clean look and a Dreamcast-era art style, and some extra modes and upgrade trees to make subsequent runs easier are all pluses. The gameplay itself wears pretty thin in short order though, rendering a lot of its positives moot. The action just doesn’t get as crazy as these games tend to be, likely for the tempo to make sense with touch controls. I also found the (very Space Harrier) bullet effect to be hard to read for distance, which despite clearing the game I never quite got the hang of. Worth a try for Arcade users.

07 — The Quarry (7.0)
Supermassive Games is building up a fat stack of these “control a horror movie!” style games, and The Quarry is a decent addition to that portfolio. If you played Until Dawn, it’s a whole lot like that.
Even the "werewolves" in the game, who have no fur, look a whole lot like the Wendigos of its predecessor.
This is almost certainly the least interactive of their games, and that can join forces with a slower pace to make things feel a bit drawn out. Overall it felt very uneven. I started out not really liking the game, the middle got really good and hooked me, and then it throws it all away for a really abrupt, unsatisfying ending.

08 — Hotline Miami Collection (8.5)
An excellent, audacious pair of games still well worth playing. The brutal pace of them is everything and taps into your subconscious mind as you play. Between the challenging encounters and trippy, sludgy soundtracks, it feels like you’re constantly bumping up against impossible situations and just feeling it out. I remember really not liking Hotline Miami 2 when I first played it, but I ended up loving that one too.

09 — Mass Effect Legendary Edition (7.5)
I’m actually not quite done this one yet, but I’m a good chunk of the way through Mass Effect 3 at this point and should be finishing up soon. Despite its reputation, I found the original to be by far the best one. The rest of the series is a bit of a downward slope for a variety of reasons, but they’re still worth a play for sure. The Legendary Edition ran great on my Series S, but animation troubles and the corners of the screen occasionally looking corrupted persisted through my whole playthrough. Little buggy.

Now Playing
Bayonetta
Bayonetta 2

Keeping An Eye On
Splatoon 3 — September 9th
Ooblets v1.0 — Summer 2022
Bayonetta 3 — October 28th
Dragon Quest Treasures — December 9th
McPixel 3 — TBD

Last edited:
1) Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Switch)
2) Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (Xbox Series S)
3) Psychonauts 2 (Xbox Series S)
4) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (NSO)
5) Dungeon Encounters (Switch)
6) No More Heroes 3 (Switch)
7) Triangle Strategy (Switch)
8) Kirby & the Forgotten Land (Switch)
9) Pokemon Legends Arceus (Switch)
10) Metroid Dread (Switch)
11) Triangle Strategy (Switch)
12) Mass Effect 1 [Legendary Edition] (Xbox Series S)
13) Mass Effect 2 [Legendary Edition]
(Xbox Series S)
14) Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes (Switch)

Overall, I enjoyed it, even if the combination of fatigue brain and a busy summer release schedule sometimes made it difficult for me to enjoy it; I missed the ideal route choice in my first playthrough without really realising so got a slightly rubbishy ending. Not too fussed; I enjoyed it enough to know that I'll eventually go back to play through as the Golden Deer, who remain my favourite bunch of goofballs. Whenever that point comes, I'll hopefully be feeling better health wise and will be able to concentrate properly and take my time with it.

Wouldn't say no to more games - mainline or spin-offs - set in this broader world. It's a rich setting. Doubt my Claude-centric Three Houses sequel set in Almyra will ever happen, though!

20. July 18th - Portal (9/10)
Finally took my time to finish this, and whoah, what a ride. I admit that maybe my enjoyment was hampered a bit by me knowing ahead what the big twist was. But otherwise, this is such a spectacular game - it's basically BotW shrines, but a whole game, and I'm all down for that, loving puzzle elements in games so much.

1. January 3rd - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild randomizer (10/10)
2. January 6th - NieR: Automata, Ending E [Replay] (10/10)
3. January 8th - NieR: Replicant, Ending A [Replay] (8.5/10)
4. January 16th - Tales of Xillia (8/10)
5. January 22nd - Xenoblade Chronicles X [Replay] (9.5/10)
6. January 29th - Final Fantasy IX [Replay] (10/10)
7. February 3rd - Final Fantasy VIII (8/10)
8. February 6th - Final Fantasy VII [Replay] (9/10)
9. March 8th - Tales of Arise (8/10)
10. March 12th - Unpacking (8/10)

11. March 22nd - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD [Replay] (10/10)
12. March 26th - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time [Replay] (10/10)
13. March 31st - Kirby and the Forgotten Land (9/10)
14. April 17th - 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim [Switch Replay] (10/10)
15. May 3rd - OPUS: Echo of Starsong (10/10)
16. May 10th - Piano (Nintendo Labo Variety Kit) (10/10)

17. May 17th - Super Mario World (NSO) [Replay] (10/10)
18. May 20th - The Legend of Zelda (NSO) [Replay] (10/10)
19. June 26th - AI: The Somnium Files - nirvanA Initiative (10/10)
20. July 18th - Portal (9/10)

#14. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition (main game)

Oh boy, this is a huge game. At the beggining it was super overwhelming since it felt like absolutely everything in the game had its own mechanics and stuff, so it was a little hard to get into it. However, the exploration kept me going since just looking at the world was really cool. Eventually, the story also grabbed me and, although I wasn't sure I fully understood the combat, I enjoyed it. As time passed, though, I started understanding the mechanics more and by the end of the game I was really enjoying most of the game's different systems. Particularly, I wasn't expecting to enjoy the combat as much as I did by the end of the game. Some of the characters are really fun to play as.

Overall, I really loved my time with the game. It took me many years to try this franchise but I'm glad I did. I missed the original Wii release since I didn't know supply was so low and didn't buy it in time, then skipped the 3DS version since it didn't look that good, and the Switch one came out on the peak of New Horizons so I skipped it at the moment. Anyway, I already bought Xeno2 and plan to get to it in the near future, after Future Connected and a small break though.

Back
Top Bottom