• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic The 2022 Games Completed Thread |ST|

4.1: Fire Emblem Three Houses Side Story: a very cool and challenging 10 hour story, characters are awesome and the plot is good. I completed this a while ago but forgot to post lol.

5: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (Switch).
Okay, that was intense lol. Graphics are amazing, story is awesome and k1lling n4zis is great on it. Gameplay is awesome, very fluid, the unique weapons feel great. Levels are stunning and the game is very challenging. I'm not a fan of FPS' myself but that one was amazing from start to finish. Completed the main story today and now I'm cracking the enigma codes and going for the assassination plots as I didn't make any during the campaign. I highly recommend y'all to play this!!

6. Bloodstained Ritual of the Night (Switch). A game that I enjoyed, definitely will be looking forward to playing those GBA Castlevania games later this year. I liked the voice acting. Game had a few crashes which led me to save as often as I could.
7. Earthbound Beginnings. Had some hard points, final boss fight took a few rewinds to figure out best strategy. Loved the music, story was interesting too. It is a 1989 game for better or worse but overall I liked it.

14. Black Mesa
I played the OG Half-Life last year and so I decided to play the beloved remake as well. It was definitely an enjoyable experience, but I feel like it was harder at times too (though easier at other times, specifically On A Rail and Nihilanth). The reason I have deduced is that unlike the OG, in Black Mesa the marines can move and shoot at the same time so you can't really blast them as they're moving away. The Xen levels are beautiful but they can also drag on a bit, that's for sure.

15. Batman: Arkham Asylum
I got all riddles, all upgrades, all bios, etc. but I didn't bother doing all the challenges so I guess I'm not getting 100%.. This was a fun game, kind of reminds me of a Metroidvania to be honest with the fact that you have to get upgrades to access certain areas again to get previously unreachable items or to access places that you couldn't before. The combat was hard for me to get used to at times though, countering in particular seems like it should do more damage to the enemies because one time I was stuck in a room full of guys and kept countering but they wouldn't go down.

9. Triangle Strategy : after the slog of the first four hours, it becomes a great tactical, the best since Three Houses. Thanks to great characters and multiple paths, the story is engaging and even moving at times (the ending had me bursting into tears). Hard enough, but not frustrating (and you can always go on easy if you need). And of course the HD-2D style is still beautiful.

10. Elden Ring : I can see why people see in it, the open world is vast and full of surprises, but it was more tedious than fun imo. A lot of copy and paste ennemies and pretty weak bosses. The best Souls game is still Sekiro.

11. Adios : seriously, play this game. It's very short, but the writing and voice acting is very much excellent and it'll give you a lasting impression. I think I need to talk about it with my therapist next time I see her.

12. Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin : already talked about it in the General Discussion Thread, but it's a silly game with a very fun and engaging combat system. Not a masterpiece, but not every game need to be one.

8. Voice of Cards the Forsaken Maiden: Simple but decent RPG to pass time

9. Atelier Sophie 2: Finally after 80 hours, making this the longer Atelier game I've played because the synthesys is so satisfying. (no comparison with the rest, the second longest was Ryza 2 with 55 hours and Meruru with 52 after getting all endings). I'm going to put more comments in the RPG topic, but this is 5/5 for me. Good to see Gust went full effort here and not make it more like an in between game like Lulua (which was good, but they clearly put more effort in Ryza at the time)

2022 Completed Games
1. Atelier Sophie
2. Dragon Quest 2
3. Castlevania
4. Cogen
5. Luminous Avenger IX 2
6. RCG Zero
7. Infernax

1. Final Fantasy XIV Online [ PC ] - Stormblood 4.1 - 4.5. / Shadowbringers - 5.5

2. WarioWare: Get It Together! [ Switch ] - 7.5

3. Castlevania: Circle of the Moon ( Replay ) [ Switch ] - 10

4. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD ( Replay ) [ Switch ] - 8

5. Dolphin Blue - 8

6. Metal Slug 6 - 8

7. Pokemon Legends Arceus [ Switch ] - 7

*1. Final Fantasy XIV Online: Endwalker

Odd pacing, definitely the oddest across the 5 stories, some bad gameplay inclusions like the trailing, and stealth instances, but the dungeons are thematically consistently interesting, the areas are nice, the 86 and 90 trials are among the best in the game, kind of a shame honestly that the 83 one was kind of just very simple and without much flair presentation wise given that it was built up since A Realm Reborn. Despite the odd pacing, it was still home to some of the best character moments in the entire story, Urianger always gets some great shit, Estinien shows his growth from Heavensward very well, the twins remain great characters, Thancred had its character resolved in Shadowbringers so this is just more of his resolve to end the journey for his loved ones, G'raha, I guess he was cute, again was mostly resolved in ShB, and Y'shtola, well, yea she was never the character to receive much conflict or development at all in these past 500 hours, the privileges of being a cat girl. Overall a good enough ending with a nice message to end it all, even if I definitely think that there was a lack of complete sense of unity across the characters from every expansion, and is not something that I feel is all fine and dandy with just 2 cutscenes to showcase it, 2 cutscenes I absolutely adore but still, it wasn't enough, at the very least Cid and Lyse deserve to be in the final group, or at least have Cid serve in the game in a higher capacity like Krile, legit you have the expansion where you go to the moon and the edge of the universe, and master engineer Cid only gets to show up for like 5 minutes? , there is other stuff like very little Garlemald, despite being built up from the start.

But as a whole it was a good time, it legitimately has some of the higher highs of the game but at the same time is in parts lacking for a conclusion of the whole storyline.

Well after 3 years of on and off I’ve finally finished Valkyria chronicles 1. Turns out Elysse the lancer was my only death DX well other than best girl Isara but that was annoyingly a plot death

Fifth game I finished this year is The Last Stand 2, just because I had a free afternoon and wanted to kill some zombies. It was originally a short flash game but the gameplay loop of defending your base at night and doing supply runs in the morning is still addicting.

Sixth game I finished this year is Metal Slug 3. I always go for a Metal Slug run every year. The pixel animation is timeless.

Seventh game I finished this year is Control - Ultimate Edition. Loved the SCP-esque setting, though I wished the game did more with it (since most of the powers you get are pretty run-of-the-mill psychic abilities, and your main weapon is pretty much just a set of the standard TPS guns). I do love that the shootouts required you to constantly be on the move, dashing to cover and launching debris at enemies for crowd control. Telekinesis feels so good to use in this game! They could have made an action game with the psychic powers alone.

1. Castlevania Bloodlines - [NSW]
2. The Gunk - [XSX]

3. Dr. Mario 64 - [NSW]
4. Dying Light - Platinum Edition - [NSW]
5. DLC - Dying Light - The Following - [NSW]
6. Fantasy Tower Defense - [NSW]
7. Lords of Waterdeep - [Steam]
8. Elden Ring - [XSX]
9. Kingdom Rush Origins - [NSW]

44. F-Zero X (N64) [9/10]

An extremely ambitious game with a great sound track and full of charm. Technically sound while also being the game with a character named "Blood Falcon" where you can murder your rivals if you're losing the race. When you get the end credits you get an ass shot of two sexy ladies with "X" on their asses congratulating you.

#9. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

The successor to 999... Another pretty fun visual novel. Compared to its predecessor, I feel VLR lost a bit of its charm with the move to 3D graphics (it's always tough to replace sprites with 3DS tier 3D models). On the other hand, VLR has much more interesting puzzles and some functions that allow for a more convenient experience. Overall though it's a very good game with an interesting (and convoluted) story and fun characters.

Been on a Pokémon kick with my 5th completed game being an Ultra Sun nuzlocke. Pretty tough for a non-romhack, but my prior experiences helped quite a bit. Ended with one of the most "powerful" teams I've ever constructed for one of these runs.
Salamence, Magnezone, Tentacruel, Scrafty, Tyranitar, Mudsdale
jvgl4ceeczo81.jpg

Last edited:
It's been a busy month or so, but I did get to complete a few games. I'll forgo the review summaries this time.

17. Alien Storm (Sega Genesis Classics. 3 out of 5)
18. Bio-hazard Battle (Sega Genesis Classics. 3 out of 5)
19. Severed (2DS. 4 out of 5)
20. Glass Masquerade Origins (Switch. 2 out of 5)
21. Vampire Night Shift (mobile version, itch.io Ukraine bundle. 2 out of 5)
22. Earthbound (SNES Online. 5 out of 5)

4.) Earthbound - It felt really nice to clear a game from my Pile of Shame that has been living there for at least 20 years. The game itself did mostly live up to the hype, both from the Internet and from my older brother, who has been evangelizing the game for the aforementioned past two decades.

What I love about this game are the small details. On a macro scale, there are a lot of problems: The combat is a little too simple and a little too easy (especially once you add Jeff to your party), the main characters aren't especially interesting (though they are effective vectors for the player experiencing this unique world), and the frame drops in crowded areas would have made me pull out my hair if I hadn't already shaved all of it off. But on a micro scale, there is just too much to love: Almost all of the NPC dialog is clever and memorable, a handful of the more subversive dungeons are among the best in any game I've ever played (Dungeon Man and the "Third Most Powerful" Mole dungeon in the desert spring to mind), the rolling health keeps the simple combat from becoming dull, etc etc etc. I could go on!

Also, the way the game wraps up is pretty special. I won't say much for fear of ruining the moment for anyone else, but I love the way the game eases you out of its rhythms so that you can put the experience behind you and cherish it in your memories.

It isn't my favorite RPG of all time, and it certainly isn't the best (in my opinion), but it is one of the few that I think is memorable from tip to toe. I'm so glad it is on NSO now and countless others can give it a whirl.

10. Grapple Dog: Masterpiece. I had in my backlog and was looking for something simple before Kirby. Looking at the graphics I thought it was going to be more on the easier side like Mutant Mudds but I was wrong. The first two worlds are the tutorials and after that it's grappling time doing some crazy things with the hook putting bionic commando to shame. Also every level is very well crafted and the difficulty curve is very well planned as it offers options according to your skill ,there will always be 2 or 3 easier purple gems that doesn't need complex hooks mechanics, and 2 extra gems just for collecting fruits on the level (and there are accesibility options like no damage or infinite jumping). Really the only thing I didn't like is that B is accept and A is cancel in the main menu.

2022 Completed Games
1. Atelier Sophie
2. Dragon Quest 2
3. Castlevania
4. Cogen
5. Luminous Avenger IX 2
6. RCG Zero
7. Infernax
8. Voice of Cards Forsaken Maiden
9. Atelier Sophie 2

Well, there’s another game down, pulled off 999 in 3 days with all 6 endings. Was a wild trip and a fun ride. (Thanks gamepass), definitely playing the sequel but I’ll wait a week or so.

I should probably check my posts in here and make a list of what I’ve beaten

7. Earthbound Beginnings. Had some hard points, final boss fight took a few rewinds to figure out best strategy. Loved the music, story was interesting too. It is a 1989 game for better or worse but overall I liked it.
8. Phantasy Star II. It's not as good as its predecessor but it was the first Phantasy Star game for Genesis and is a decent playing game from 1989/1990. I don't like how the penultimate boss is essentially a luck-based battle in which you hope the RNG doesn't hate you. I did enjoy it, and the story had interesting turns.

After finishing a lot of games back to back in the first few weeks of the year I have slowed down considerably, mainly due to Dark Souls 3 (reached Soul of Cinder, lost twice and didn't try again) and Elden Ring. But I saw that Monument Valley 2 was on Apple Arcade so I played and finished that during breaks. It's a neat little puzzler that lives mostly from its visual design but it also has some clever and surprising stuff in there. But it never gets too difficult or "cerebral", it's more of a meditative experience, I'd say. Did some research after finishing it and must have forgotten that the studio had a union-busting controvery a while ago. Shame.

2022 completed games:
1. Dragon Quest V
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
3. Banjo-Kazooie
4. Myst
5. The Artful Escape
6. Kirby Planet Robobot
7. Death's Door
8. Star Fox 64 3D
9. Splatoon
10: Far: Changing Tides
11: Monument Valley 2+

45. Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Switch) [8.5/10]

Another solid Kirby game. This one tightens up the pacing and brings down the bloat from games like Triple Deluxe and Robobot which is nice, and the new gimmicks are good. Weaknesses are a poor soundtrack and a feeling that nothing is as exciting as it should be. Hopefully the next game shakes things up a bit more.

A Short Hike (Switch) Pretty much an experience i didn't expect to have. Lighthearted with a bit of a heavy ending (i teared up a little) and full of interesting characters. It didn't last long (short hike indeed, not for Claire though) but i enjoyed every second.

Also, again, that ending.

4. Vampyr

Finally completed the game after 25 hour-ish of gameplay. And that was a good thing, because at the end the game got a lot of weird technical issues; slow down, loading times popping up very quickly, attacks not hitting, the music being al distorted…

I did however like the premise of the game. A blood transfusion expert becoming a vampire? Ha. Still, it’s really cool to chose between embracing and healing people. Battle system is wack. Still, solid 6.5/7.0 out of ten for its premise.
5. The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve

TGAAC was a great package, but the second game was insane at times. While the big bad was known ever since the first game, the plot to get there was superb. Some great cases with callbacks that worked pretty well.

Sad to see the gang go. Naruhodo is fun, Susato dilligent, with Sholmes and Iris being hilarious mostly. And Van Zieks with his “learned friend” comments brought the pain.

One of the better Ace Attorney games.

8. Phantasy Star II. It's not as good as its predecessor but it was the first Phantasy Star game for Genesis and is a decent playing game from 1989/1990. I don't like how the penultimate boss is essentially a luck-based battle in which you hope the RNG doesn't hate you. I did enjoy it, and the story had interesting turns.
9. Zelda II. Finally beat the game, a feat I couldn't do as a kid. Thunderbird is no joke. At least Dark Link is very easy to cheese. Underrated game that inspired copycats and dared to be differen.

1. Final Fantasy XIV Online [ PC ] - Stormblood 4.1 - 4.5 / Shadowbringers - 5.5 / Endwalker Main Scenario

Heavensward - 9
Stormblood - 10
Shadowbringers - 8
Endwalker - 7.5

2. WarioWare: Get It Together! [ Switch ] - 7.5

3. Castlevania: Circle of the Moon ( Replay ) [ Switch ] - 10

4. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD ( Replay ) [ Switch ] - 8

5. Dolphin Blue - 8

6. Metal Slug 6 - 8

7. Pokemon Legends Arceus [ Switch ] - 7

8. Kirby and the Forgotten Land [ Switch] - 8.5~9

Kirb

46. F-Zero GX (8.5/10)
A great game that really pushes the GameCube hardware while also adding more to the standard F-Zero X set. However it's hard not to notice the nosedive in soundtrack quality and atmosphere, or the fact that the developers seemed to resent working on it.

10. Kirby and the Forgotten land: Finished the post game yesterday with the last arena cup. I'm just missing figurines for the 100% but I consider it now completed. Great gameplay and awesome OST. Loved that the last fights plays more like a platinum game with all the action and dodging

2022 Completed Games
1. Atelier Sophie
2. Dragon Quest 2
3. Castlevania
4. Cogen
5. Luminous Avenger IX 2
6. RCG Zero
7. Infernax
8. Voice of Cards Forsaken Maiden
9. Atelier Sophie 2
10. Grapple Dog

4. Monster Hunter Stories 2!

Did pretty much everything pre-credits. But of course there is still the chunky postgame to go. Which I'll probably do concurrently with my next game.

47. F-Zero (SNES) [9/10]

Really impressed with this one. Once you get the hang of things it's really exciting and frantic, and on such terrible hardware no less. Possibly the best SNES game.

As March comes to an end, time for my monthly recap. I actually had a very productive month.

March-
9. Horizon: Forbidden West (PS5)- So this has been my most anticipated game for at least a year and Guerilla delivered. This game improved everything from the first game that I wanted it to. I ended up sinking 70+ hours into this game and did EVERYTHING. At this point it is my GOTY and I'm not sure that will change. Favorite PS5 game easily!

10. Mafia Definitive Edition (PS4)- Never played the OG version back in the day (I'm pretty sure I have a PC disc lying around though). Another Black Friday pickup for me. It was a smaller, but good ope world game. I mainly just stuck with the main campaign. Outside of the stealth mission it wasn't much of a challenge or frustrating. Definitely worth a playthrough.

11. Octopath Traveler (Switch)- This is going to be one of my biggest gaming achievements of 2022. I talked about it more here.

12. Shenmue (PS4)- Another classic that I always wanted to get into. Bought the 1/2 collection a few years back but it mostly sat on my shelf. Finally got around to it after Horizon. It actually holds up pretty well. Not perfect, but still very playable in 2022. I got a kick with the arcade games and interacting with the town. The second half at the docks felt a little too streched out, but otherwise it was a decent game. I'm looking forward to trying the sequel soon.

13. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (XSS)-Playing this game brought back a lot memories. It was one of those games that I wasn't allowed to play when I was younger so of course I snuck some gameplay in at a friend's house. Since this came to gamepass I wanted to finally play the whole thing. Playing old school GTA is a lot of fun, but some of those missions aged poorly, especially the flying missions. There were a lot of bugs and unfriendly checkpoints. Also wasn't a fan of needing to get 'x' amount of gang territory in order to play the last mission. Still, I powered through and I was glad I finished it.

14. Fire Emblem: Three Houses- Claude's Route (Switch) I gave my thoughts here, but I will say that Three Houses gets better the more I play it.

Octopath was a fantastic JRPG.

The thing I remember most about GTA: San Andreas is making CJ eat a ton of food to fatten him up

Most recent completions

Lost Judgement Kaito Files- great expansion wish it had some side stuff but for their first take on proper DLC its great.

Ghost wire Tokyo- Fun game and gorgeous but so little enemy and weapon variety make it repetitive and the story has to fast of a pace here is hoping dlc or a sequel makes it a bit beefier.

48. F-Zero: Maximum Velocity (GBA) [8.5/10]
You gotta respect the spirit of this game. It is very much "F-Zero 2"-- launching with new hardware, an all new cast, and completely ignoring that the incredibly popular F-Zero X even exists. It manages to stand on its own from the SNES original with controls that are much more difficult to get a hold of, but feel great once you get a grasp of them. It's a shame the new characters were completely buried.

DuckTales: Remastered

Aggrevating. This game is duckin' aggrevating. Played it as part of my Wii U fridge cleaning. My experience with the original is watching cousins play it on their NES once. I don't know how the level design decisions compare. But in every area I can judge WayForward made the choice that would generate max annoyance in players. A game valued for its replayablity? Litter it with cutscenes. Unlockable concept art and other goodies that require more coin than is available in a single playthrough? Make sure players aren't allowed to keep collected treasures when they run out of lives and have to restart a level. Gah! Forget being Scrooge McDuck. More often you'll feel like Donad at his angriest.

I'd have had more joy just going on YouTube and listening to the Moon theme on repeat.

1) F1 2021 (PS5)
2) Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (3DS)
3) Pokémon: Shining Pearl (NSW)
4) Spider-Man Remastered (PS5)
5) Banjo-Kazooie (NSW)

6) Pokémon Legends: Arceus (NSW)

Definitely my favorite Pokémon game of the last decade, and very possibly my favorite Pokémon game of all time.

Last edited:
Oh shoot, forgot about this thread!

9. March 8th: Tales of Arise
Enjoyed this a lot, best Tales game I've ever played. I've never liked Tales combat much, but this time around, I found myself not get too troubled about this. But the story and characters were top tier, and so was the world! 8/10

10. March 22nd: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
An absolutely phenomenal adventure, and more or less the most beautiful game I know. I actually adore the sailing (even more so now with the Swift Sail) and the meditative feeling that comes with it. The story is my favorite story in Zelda, I love the themes and portrayal of the characters here. 10/10

11. March 26th: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Not much else to say. It's OoT. You know it, I know it, we know it. 10/10

12. March 31st: Kirby and the Forgotten Land
An absolutely delightful adventure, and the best Kirby game by a wide margin, as well as a fantastic translation of the concept of Kirby into 3D. This is at times mainline Mario levels of inventiveness and ingenuity, but still maintaining that Kirby charm and identity throughout. 9/10

Eighth game I finished this year is Call of Juarez - Gunslinger, which I got for free on Steam. Love the framing device of an old cowboy recounting his life story, which lends an otherwise typical FPS some unique flavoring.

#Bonus. Fire Emblem Three Houses - Cindered Shadows (DLC campaign)

I've meaning to get back into Three Houses for a while since I only played Verdant Wind in 2019 so I purchased the DLC and beat the campaign. It's fairly short but a ton of fun, the maps can be pretty tough with all the restrictions the game puts on you. Nice way to get back to the game and now I started a Blue Lions campaign for my second route through the main game.

Beaten 2022

1) Earthbound
2) Pokemon Legends Arceus
3) Kirby Dream Land 3

I gotta few games I could knock out if I dedicated a week to it, thinking it I could try to do act 3 of Tshushima or I just will continue at Triangle Strategy

#10. Earthworm Jim 2

I rented this game a ton as a kid so I had to replay it when I saw it added to NSO... To be honest, some things are better left as a joyful childhood memory. EWJ2 is a pretty crazy game, full of wacky ideas that really make you question the sanity of the developer. Sadly, it's not particularly well balanced and many of its levels end up being very frustrating, especially the non-platforming ones. Really, I only managed to beat it thanks to save states which let me ignore the limited lives/continues.

Although I didn't really enjoy the game that much, it makes me appreciate the silly character designs of the 90s. Like, a worm wearing a giant space suit being the main character of a game? A bear with a bird on its bagpack? Main characters aren't created like this anymore.

11. Kirby's Dream Land - 7
12. Kirby's Dream Land 2 - 7
13. Kirby's Dream Land 3 - 5
14. Kirby Super Star - 8
15. Kirby's Nightmare In Dream Land - 8

(Forgotten Land is way too pricey for Russia so had to make-do)

16. Disco Elysium - 9
17. Broken Age - 7
18. Elden Ring - 9

5.) Kirby and the Forgotten Land - I can’t remember the last time a game truly made me feel like I had “gone back in time.” Kirby Super Star was my favorite game as a child, and this gave me similar feelings to what that game did back then. It is so unabashedly joyful, so crammed with creativity, so visually striking (on an OLED screen). Mmm mm. Absolutely delightful.

#1 Shin Megami Tensei V (83h)
#2 Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (5h+)
#3 Taiko no Tatsujin Drum'n'Fun (25h+)
#4 The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (30h+)
#5 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (75h+)

Picked this up again after the DLC released, I hadn't finished all of the 200cc cups nor unlocked everything. Now I do have three starts in every cup/category and have unlocked all of the golden parts. The game isn't finished because there's still DLC coming, but I'm putting it here because it will be two more years until we can truly complete it after all.

#6 Pokémon Legends Arceus (102h)

Finally finished this beast, complete the researches for all pokémon and got my shiny charm. I greatly enjoyed this game, it's the most fun I've had with Pokémon since probably gen 3? I was optmistic and happy they decided to shake up the formula and finally experiment a bit with more freedom and openess, but I wasn't expecting the game to be so good as it was for their first forage into something so different. Like, the game is genuinely good, no ifs or buts. I don't have to make several concessions to say I had a lot of fun, unlike other recent Pokémon games. This makes me feel incredibly hyped for the future of the franchise.

I have to say though the game lost a bit of its brilliance for me after they announced S/V, because seeing that it was going to build on top of Arceus, be fully open world and be a new generation at the same time is just too fucking hype and Arceus ended up looking the poor man's version in comparison. I think this game should have come out in 2021 and enjoyed a full holiday season and had more time to breathe on its on before getting swallowed by S/V hype, but I understand that was probably to COVID impacting development.

Now I'm going to work on my backlog a bit and try to finish games I've left incomplete, mainly Great Ace Attorney which I'm already working on. I think I will also pick up Dragon Quest VII from where I left it way back in november when SMTV released and stole my attention. I'm also looking forward to play Banjo-Kazooie, Paper Mario since they released so I might start one of them.

Ninth game I finished this year is a short game called Wheels of Aurelia, and unfortunately I cannot recommend it. It's essentially a visual novel disguised as a road trip simulator with several branching paths, which sounds good in theory but the conversation options do not flow well into each other. You feel like you're just making random statements, instead of defining your character's backtory and personality.

The tenth game I finished was a randomized Nuzlocke run of Pokemon Fire Red! Game instantly became hilarious when my starter turned out to be a freaking Yveltal, which made prompt work of all obstacles.

All right, enough of my Pokémon nonsense. Time to hit the backlog... NOPE! Black 2 Challenge Mode hardcore nuzlocke, baby! I came oh so close to a deathless run (though my play was far from flawless), but Iris had other ideas.

FP4SciCXMAUuMPD

R.I.P. Crobat, Cofagrigus, and Azumarill.

Alright, finally I finished my first game of the year! (I know, right? But it’s been extremely busy.)

1. Kirby and the Forgotten Land (89%): 8/10

I really enjoyed this one. I was not sure if I would buy it after feeling disappointed by Star Allies. (Not because it’s a bad game but it just wasn’t great either.) The trailers looked good though and I am very happy I gave it a shot. Definitely back on the Kirby train!

Finished forbidden west. Definitely a great game much better than the first and the whole zenith stuff got me interested much more.

So far I have finished:

1. Spiritfarer
2. Cthulhu Saves Christmas
3. Pokemon Legends Arceus
4. Shin Megami Tensei V
5. Triangle Strategy
6. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
7. The Darkside Detective

More than I thought actually. A lot of longer games so far this year.

#1 Shin Megami Tensei V (83h)
#2 Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (5h+)
#3 Taiko no Tatsujin Drum'n'Fun (25h+)
#4 The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (30h+)
#5 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (75h+)
#6 Pokémon Legends Arceus (102h)
#7 The Great Ace Attorney Adventure (35h+)

I started this game way back in July last year and took big pauses in between cases. I really liked the game overall, but I think the pacing was a bit off. The first two cases are kind of a slog (especially the second case, which was also boring). The game picks up starting from case 3, but I don't think it ever managed to hit quite like the original trilogy. The last case doesn't feel special, it's like another regular case. Obviously that has to do with the game being a duology, it's like one big game split into two, really. I think I will feel much better about it after playing the second part, but I'm taking a breal before doing it because the first part let me feeling fatigued.

Man, I want to continue The Great Ace Attorney already, but I'm playing it along with my girlfriend and she is still busy with work

Back
Top Bottom