• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic The 2022 Games Completed Thread |ST|

1. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Switch)
2. Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (Xbox Series S)
3. Psychonauts 2 (Xbox Series S)
What an excellent game. Massively enjoyed it and so glad that 3D platform/action games like this are enjoying something of a revival.

Currently playing: Dungeon Encounters and Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo Switch). Lost Odyssey (Xbox Series S) and No More Heroes 3 (Switch) to start soon. Really tempted by Pokemon Legends...

18. Kirby - Nightmare in Dreamland (GBA) [6/10]

Worse than Adventure, but at least it's still very short.

19. The Sheep P (PS5) [3/10]

One of the better PS5 exclusives.

Last edited:
20. Bionic Commando (PC) [9.5/10]

One of the best game I've played for the first time in a while, one of those games that you play in one sitting because you can't get enough. Would be a perfect score if it weren't for a few glitches with the arm. First year Obama USA wasn't ready to appreciate this game, sequel soon?

ibiGxUk.png

Screenshot for Nightmare missing because Analogue has still not delivered basic promised functionality for the Pocket after over a month. Would probably slot Nightmare right before Chicken Shoot.

6. January 29th - Final Fantasy IX
Revisited another one of my Top 10 games this week, binged it over the course of 2 days. This game always leaves me absolutely speechless. It was the first time ever in my life that I used the words "best game ever made". 10/10

haven't been able to get myself to play much but just beat deaths door in one sitting. pretty solid and the music might be the most surprising part that'll stick with me.

#1 Shin Megami Tensei V (83h)
#2 Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (5h+)

I was very disappointed in this game, I found it extremely average. Considering it was developed by EPD I was expecting some crazy creativity, and while I think the game is competent, it never reached the highs I'd have expected.

The first two episodes are outright boring, and episode three and bonus are a marked improvement, but by that time I was already tired of the game. I could not bring myself to 100% it because it's a lot of busywork, pixel toad and the hidden objective should have been available from the start so you don't have to play the same level several times. The final levels are locked to 100% completion, so I guess I'm never playing them and I really don't care.

It does look lovely, though. It's probably one of the best looking games on the Switch, which is funny cause it's a Wii U game.

Now I don't know what I'm playing next, I need something to distract me while I wait for my copy of Legends Arceus. Will probably try to tackle one of the short games in my backlog.

1) Pikmin 3 Deluxe - Switch
My first time playing Pikmin and I loved this game. Would love to see more pikmin games on the switch someday....

2) The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time - NSO
Finally managed to beat this. I own the 3DS remake, but I couldn't really get into it so I only made it to dodongo's cavern on my first playthrough. I'd say I prefer the N64 visuals anyways (would be preferable if it was closer to the original, but not a dealbreaker at all imo. Managed to play through the water temple the day before banjo kazooie released lol).

3) Liberation Maiden - 3DS
Checked it out because it's part of the Level 5 Guild series. It's really short though and I didn't really go back to play more so I don't have too much to say about it.

I wanted to finish the 25th ward this month, but I've really lost the motivation to keep playing : (

Last edited:
2. Ty the Tasmanian Tiger HD (Krome Studios) - physical
I played Ty back 20 years ago and got pretty decently into it. Returning to it, I'm glad to say it still has a good feel to it, and I understood more how some mechanics work. I did not exactly care for the outback level because it was somewhat of a gimmick, and one problem with the game is missing one out of 300 opals. Thankfully that only happened at the end, and I got 96% complete. I wonder if the game was originally rushed out because they kinda throw in one of the talismans as opposed to another hub of levels. Either way, unless new biomes or gimmicks were made, I'm not sure another set of levels would be as good. Ultimately, it was a fun title, and it was nice to get some nostalgia to smooth early 00's collectathons. B+
3. Cursed Castilla ex (Locomalito / Abylight) - physical
I will admit I am not a person who handles extreme difficulty well. I mean, if I understand the mechanics I am usually pretty good. However, the GnG series tropes of extreme challenge never does me well in the end. I feel that Cursed Castilla ex is a good effort to offer a more palatable experience, even if the end game becomes hollow without replays. The aesthetic is great (though they could have made the font ever-so-slightly more legible), and the game feels like it would fit well in the arcade world of yore - maybe if they cut down on some gore. The game lets you use as many continues as you want, but after 4, it hints that you may lose your soul. Of course, even noting that, I did not beat the game with the right criteria anyways and got the bad ending. Looking through some details, I realize there is a lot more to unpack, but I have other games to play. I may return to give it a second go, but I enjoyed my one-pass. B

2. Lost Judgment - Only finishing up my second game of the year a month in and it's all down to LJ. I LOVED this game , and while I generally recoil from modern open world games full of icons on the map, it's a testament to it's quality I actually wanted to do everything. From the main story, to the side quests, the mini games and weird curiosities, the world of LJ is densely packed , interesting and just plain fun. Combat was good as always with a new style focused around counters that made things way more interesting, the music was great...Yagami has a Master System in the office this go around lol. Just brilliant.

Edit:

And back in with

3. Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon - I finally found the right tuning for this game and finished off the story this evening lol so I absolutely loved this game. The moment to moment gameplay is fantastic, it looks and sounds out of this world frankly. Worth noting though that the default setting for the game were extremely tough for me. Good news is you can adjust everything, from the speed of the action (where you can bring it all the way down to something more like crypt of the necrodancer in movement), how much health you have, how much damage you deal, how many lives you have. I really appreciated this and think I might have bounced straight off the game otherwise but instead I was able to find a difficulty that had me sweating and working on the game for weeks but actually playable until I finally beat it.

Last edited:
3. Castlevania: I never played the first one and bought the collection when it was on discount. It's interesting and it finally made me understand the "nintendo hard".

4. COGEN Sword of Rewind: I liked the demo so I decided to buy the full version (which also has a crossover with Luminous Avenger IX 2). It's a decent platformer where you can rewind up to 3 seconds if you mess up (and you will), but the second part of the game is hard as hell. I think the 3rd stage took me about 30 min and over 100 deaths (each time you are hit and rewind or don't have time and restart from a checkpoint count as a dead) and the final boss has some bullshit attacks that fill the entire screen, but in the end managed to beat it. Also it's short (took me around 5 hours for the main missions, and there are extra missions and DLC with other characters)

2022 Completed Games
1. Atelier Sophie
2. Dragon Quest 2
3. Castlevania
4. Cogen

Forza Horizon 5 makes game number seven for me and seven total games Iā€™ve beaten this month though one was a replay of an older Xbox 360 game on the series x.

Ok, I am going to try and do a better job of keeping track of the games that I have beaten this year. I'm pretty sure I stopped updating my ERA post sometime last summer.

*-Replay

January-
1. Final Fantasy VI (SNES Mini)
2. Captain Toad (Switch)*
3. Ys Origin (Switch)
4. Famicom Detective Club: The Missing Heir (Switch)

February-
5. Pokemon Legends: Arceus (Switch)
6. Mega Man 1 (Switch)
7. Dishonored 2 (Xbox)
8. Famicom Detective Club: The Girl Who Stood Behind (Switch)

March-
9. Horizon: Forbidden West (PS5)
10. Mafia Definitive Edition (PS4)
11. Octopath Traveler (Switch)
12. Shenmue (PS4)
13. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Xbox)
14. Fire Emblem: Three Houses- Claude's Route (Switch)

April-
15. Jak and Daxter: The Precurcor Legacy (PS4)
16. Guardians of the Galaxy (Xbox)
17. Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Switch)
18. Spy Fox (Switch)*

May-
19. Mario Golf 64 (Switch)*
20. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Switch)

June-
21. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (PS5)
22. Crusi'n Blast (Switch)
23. A Plague Tale: Innocence (PS5)
24. Tunic (Xbox)
25. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge (Switch)
26. Fire Emblem Warriors (Switch)
27. Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Switch)
28. Vampire Savior (Switch)

July-
29. Ghost of Tsushima (PS5)
30. Banjo-Kazooie (Switch)
31. 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (PS4)
32. Psycho Dream (SNES)
33. Stray (PS5)

August-
34. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (Switch)
35. Donkey Kong Country* (SNES)

September-
36. Assassin's Creed: Odyssey (PS4)
37. Life is Strange: True Colors (Switch)
38. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (Switch)

October:
39. Resident Evil: HD (PS4)

November:
40. Bayonetta 3 (Switch)
41. God of War: Ragnarok (PS5)

December:
42. Metroid Prime 1 (Wii)
43. Pokemon Violet (Switch)
44. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time Arcade (Switch)
45. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Arcade Game (Switch)
46. Pokemon Snap 64 (Switch)

Super
Switch- 28
PS5- 6
PS4- 6
Xbox- 4
SNES Mini- 1
Wii- 1

Last edited:
#4. Banjo Kazooie (on NSO)

This game is still a classic. Superb level design with levels that are fun and not tedious to explore. Fun and varied movement mechanics. Great and memorable soundtrack. Even the graphics hold up today IMO. Also, the emulation was great here, didn't have any weird glitches or performance issues.

Okay here we go!

1) F1 2021 (PS5)
2) Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (3DS)
3) PokƩmon: Shining Pearl (NSW)
4) Spider-Man Remastered (PS5)

2) Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker... What can I say, a truly joyful game, challenging but not frustratingly so.

3) Doki Doki Literature Club .... I heard the game messes with you but it didn't do it in ways I expected. I liked the ways it manipulates the gamer and I liked the ending.

21. Kirby Return to Dreamland (Wii) [9/10]
Really impressive first shot at the newer style of Kirby game. Having played this last it's shocking how backwards they went with Triple Deluxe. Bet it would be even more fun with friends.

22. Bionic Commando Rearmed (PC) [8.5/10]
Great prelude to Bionic Commando. Short but sweet, replayable, and littered with teases for the real game. If Bionic Commando is Berserk, this is the Golden Age arc.

pSEM92e.png

Last edited:
9. Gain Ground (Sega Genesis Classics)

This was a really interesting strategy / action hybrid where you pick up a bunch of characters from different time periods who have different speeds, weapons and abilities, and your goal for each level is to either kill all the enemies or get all of your characters to the exit. I appreciated the strategy and balancing act in this retro game quite a bit and would play it again. (3.5 out of 5)

10. Night in the Woods (Switch)

In this game, you try to solve a small town mystery, reconnect with old friends, go through a fair number of mini games, and talk about life as an early twenty something. Overall, the game does tap into some issues, especially mental health, with honest insight. But unfortunately, most of the game is not as enjoyable as it feels like it should be. I have had the game for a while and have had long breaks in between picking it up. Here are my biggest issues: The loading times are very long throughout a playthrough. In fact, when I first booted the game up, I was greeted with a large picture of a cat for about a minute. I just assumed the game was busted. Oh well. Only later did I think to look it up online and realize that this was just a long loading screen before the game starts... I also had an issue with how visually dark the lighting was in some sections of the game, especially the dreams and near the end. I remember reading something a while back about this game's troubled development. I don't remember the details. But this game does strike me as something that was released out of a sense of duty rather than a sense of joy. Does that make sense? It wasn't all bad, but this game was gifted to me because it apparently was compared favorably to Undertale. Not even close. (2 out of 5)

11. Cross the Moon (Switch)

I've been wanting to give visual novels a try, and this vampire crime drama caught my eye. I'm glad I picked it up, because I thought it was pretty good! This 2021 game was mostly all created by one person, but it arrives fully fleshed out. Most of the backgrounds are photos with high color saturation, and black and white, somewhat lifelike drawings provide the characters. The music really hits the vibe, and most importantly, the story is engaging and full of interesting details and connections. The whole project felt well researched and well considered. It's not a stretch to say that this game would be great source material for a TV series. One odd thing is the game went silent with no more music cues in the second half. I'm not sure if that was a bug or a button I accidentally pressed. I wonder if other folks, especially folks tapped into the Visual Novel scene, have played this one yet. (4 out of 5)

23. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (N64) [9/10]
One of the best looking games ever made. Played this a ton when I was a kid but now that I have Rick knowledge, this is the first time I beat it. Each level is visually diverse while still being on theme. Fun powers to explore. Odd final boss but cute final cutscene that pays tribute to the Phantom Menace.

#1 Shin Megami Tensei V (83h)
#2 Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (5h+)
#3 Taiko no Tatsujin Drum'n'Fun (25h+)

I've cleared all songs (and some DLC) in hard mode, so I'm considering the game as beaten. I don't think the game even expects everyone to be able to completely clear Extreme mode, those level 10 songs are insane, so I'll just keep playing until I hit my ceiling.

The game is amazing btw, I love rhythm games and I actually play taiko drums in real life, so I wanted to try this for so long but could never afford to import the drum. Now on the switch with the option to play with joycons it works perfectly, it actually does feel like you're playing taiko (maybe even more so than actually using the drum, which felt very stiff when I tried it once in an arcade). I was delightfully surprised to see the motion controls work just fine contrary to the general opinion on the internet. They work fine like 99% of the time; you might not be able to get a perfect in every song, but you can definitely play and enjoy the game with them. It does take some using to it, and knowlegde on how to actually play a drum is important, but once you get the hang of it, it's just a matter of getting better at the game.

I'm addicted to buying DLC for this, I'll probably keep playing it for a long time. If I'm ever able to clear a level 10 song on extreme I might upload the video and make a thread here to brag about it lol

Now I'll finish the last case of The Great Ace Attorney that I left unfinished sometime last year while my copy of Legends Arceus doesn't arrive.

Last edited:
7. February 3rd - Final Fantasy VIII
I'm really on an RPG spree, aren't I.. First time I've actually beat this game! (Previously, I youtubed the ending) It's as lovely as ever. Weird, unusual and intricate battle system, that I'm really bad at, but I learned some tips online that made sure to use, and they worked! Love the story and, hot take, it has the best FF soundtrack. 8/10

Got a couple to log:

3. Super Crush KO (Switch) - I think I saw it mentioned on Twitter and decided to go back to it since I did enjoy it a while back. A fun and fleet 2D beat 'em up with a nice artstyle and soundtrack.

4. Super Mario Bros. (NES) - We've all played this, right? It shows its age but is still fun to play.

5. Thunder Force II (Genesis) - Decided to start working through some of the Genesis games on Switch Online and started with this one. Not sure I'd have ever finished it without rewinding, but it's an entertaining shooter.

Started PokƩmon Legends: Arceus, Banjo-Kazooie, and Paper Mario lately, and I'm looking at other things to check out.

12: The Matrix Awakens

Barely a game, so hesitant to add it to the list, but fantastic visuals and a real glimpse of what the future could look like. The driving car chase was pretty cool

#5. Crypt of the Necrodancer

Roguelike x Dungeon crawler x Rhytm game... It's quite a handful! Game is quite fun, I beat Cadence's story, which took around 15 hours of retries and will consider the game "done" in my mind. To completely clear the story you need to beat the game with 2 more characters but from what I've read one of them is extremely challenging and although I liked the game I didn't love it enough to dedicate 30+ more hours to call it truly complete.

5.- Luminous Avenger IX 2
I was waiting for this since last year and it didn't dissapoint me. Inticreates still knows how to make a good sidescroller game and I could feel this one had more budget than the previous ones (Incluiding english VA finally!). I've seen it's divisive regarding Coppen moveset change, but they clearly planned for this in how the stages and enemies were designed. The only thing I didn't like it's that the true ending is hidden behind hard mode which is really goddamn hard, I still can't beat the intro mission. Funny thing a lot of people mention is shorter than the last ones but looking at completition stats online IX 2 is one of the longer games to beat normally (around 4-5 hours, without all the emblems)

2022 Completed Games
1. Atelier Sophie
2. Dragon Quest 2
3. Castlevania
4. Cogen

1. The Great Ace Attorney - 8
2. Silent Hill 2 - 9
3. Super Mario Bros. - 8
4. Silent Hill - 7
5. Silent Hill 3 - 6
6. Metal Gear Solid - 8
7. The Procession to Calvary - 6
8. NieR - Ending A - 6

Really starting to miss 6-8 hour-long games that have a bunch of unlockables and bonuses so you can replay them with weird conditions. Right now only newer Resident Evils and some PlatinumGames' titles have them. Also ranked the games in case someone's curious since people here tend to do that.

Started but won't finish:
Silent Hill 4 - 4. Holy hell that second part of the game.
AI: The Somnium Files - Didn't play enough to rate the game, but the sense of humor felt like it was lowering my intelligence. How do you write a character who likes horny jokes and can only make them, but behaves like a weird shut-in once someone else throws out one? It feels like Bayonetta is the only game to make horny humor actually feel appropriate for atmosphere and character.

Last edited:
24. Altered Beast (Sega Master System) [8/10]
Not the best version of the game, unfortunately. It's strong points are looking impressive for the hardware while also really showing the improvements with Genesis. I like that it focuses Altered Beast's gameplay a bit more to be purely punching and kicking as well.

25. Altered Beast (Xbox 360) [9/10]
The most accessible way to play the original Arcade game if not the best version of the game outright. I like all of the different options and the arcade version really is the original and best. It's not the same without the true ending.

26. Bionic Commando (Game Boy) [7/10]
An impressive and well controlling port, but definitely the weakest game in the series I've played so far. Bad characters, bad story, and weak bosses really take their toll. The ending in particular soured me on the game more than I thought it would.

Last edited:
Third game (and first replay) I finished for the year is Ikaruga. More of a casual run this time around, showing how the game plays to my nephew. I think I scared him off from bullet hells haha.

27. Juuouki (Famicom) [8/10]
Not the best looking port of Altered Beast, but probably the most creative. The new beast forms are really creative and the new locations bring a lot of variety, even if they sometimes don't make sense. The downside of this is the game gets a little too long and some of the bosses aren't super fun to fight.

7JxGZrH.png

3.) Banjo-Kazooie: About as nostalgic as it gets for me. This was a speculative gift from my mom; I loved it then and I adore it now. One of the best things about this game is that it is one of the few that actually gets better the further you get, culminating with one of the best levels in any platformer.

On a side note, it felt really great to play this on a Nintendo platform after a decade plus of experiencing it exclusively on Xbox.

8. February 6th - Final Fantasy VII
Another FF done! FFVII has always been dear to me, but it's been a while. Can confirm that it holds up spectacularly. Brilliant story, there's a good reason why it's been immortalized. So many interesting topics, themes and characters, and everything is handled extremely well. Can't wait for Remake part 2! 9/10

28. Bionic Commando: Elite Forces (Game Boy Color) [8/10]

Basically just a way better version of the Game Boy port. Big beautiful sprites, story that stands on its own, and cool environments including a city and even an ancient pyramid.

thatā€™s SRWX down, managed to do it over a shorter time period quicker than V. Just under 70 hrs on this one so I cut off over 10 from V. Got 49 SR points and the 4 medals other than that one. Hereā€™s my final top 5 aces

IMG_4643.jpg

Was a good time. Taking a break before I play 30(plus waiting for the mined SP2 to drop)

9. Metal Gear Solid 2 - 5
If you were to ask me 5 years ago, I'd say this is my favorite MGS. Now, it seems disjointed, too convoluted, and not as memorable.
I still like the meta aspect of the game, though. Shame that MGS3 was later soured with a few homophobic jokes towards Raiden because of this game.

10. Super Mario Bros. Special 35th Anniversary ROMHack - 7
It's Mario, but it's kinda garbage. Levels have no flow, and where they do, it's cribbed from the original. One level can have multiple themes and the design makes no sense. Still, I quite like Mario 1 so it was entertaining. Could've been the game that first introduced some sort of continuity to the world from level to level, but instead it just chooses random things like "this level will end on a mushroom that isn't present anywhere else on a level" without any thought.

Oh uh this was a few days ago but I forgot to post it, finished PokƩmon Legends Arceus (including catching the big boy himself)

Adding a couple retro classics to the list:

12. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sega Genesis Classics)

My son's been really into Wiz Khalifa's song from the Sonic movie, so I wanted to show him one of the games. I really enjoyed the two-player mode here, and he did too. Unlike Mario, where he's often tempted to jump right off of cliffs for giggles, he was more motivated to make it to the end of levels here. In its best levels, the speed and flow of this game are awesome! Certainly a classic. Single player mode was fun too but did have a few platforming moments that would have been a huge headache back in the day. Thank you once again, accessibility features. (4 out of 5)

13. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES Online)

A few weeks back, I was deep cleaning our closet and found our 2DS, which we haven't used in many years. A little later, we were at a used video game store, and I decided to grab A Link Between Worlds because I'd never played it. Probably over a year ago, I had started a playthrough of A Link to the Past but lost steam early into the Dark World. So I figured I would finish up my playthrough before starting A Link Between Worlds, since it references Link to the Past so heavily. I had played this game as a child as well, and as many of you know, it leaves a big impression! If you haven't played it recently, it still holds up and is beautiful and iconic. I enjoyed finishing it quite a bit. Personally, I prefer more open-ended, creative problem solving, so I think that's one of the reasons that I prefer Breath of the Wild over A Link to the Past's more linear puzzles. (4.5 out of 5)

29. 3D Classics: Urban Champion (3DS) [10/10]

At its core, Urban Champion is a game about uncertainty. Akira managed to turn this oft maligned NES classic into one of the most visually appealing games the Nintendo 3D has to offer. But their understanding and expansion of uncertainty at the heart of Urban Champion elevates simple fun into one of the best and effective narrative experiences in the medium. You can climb all you want, Akira reminds us, but at the end of the day? Everyone ends up in the sewer.

R0WWzJX.png

Last edited:
7. Grand Theft Auto III
8. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
9. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

I played these via the original PC ports, patched for modern compatibility/widescreen. They were fun, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. It's hard for me to pick a favourite though to be honest!

7. Grand Theft Auto III
8. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
9. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

I played these via the original PC ports, patched for modern compatibility/widescreen. They were fun, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. It's hard for me to pick a favourite though to be honest!
San Andreas will always have a place in my heart, itā€™s a damn shame the remastered trilogy botched it so hard

30. iCarly (Wii) [7/10]

Not the biggest iCarly fan, but if I was I would love this game. Tons of stuff to do if you want, but doesn't overstay its welcome if you don't. Closer to a WarioWare game than anything else.

(4) Fire Emblem Three Houses (Golden Deer). Just finished. Damn. What a masterpiece. One of the best games I've ever played. Loved it completely. Only turn back I had is it doesn't have many MLM romances, ended the game single šŸ„². Sans that, 10/10. Will definitely play the other routes. And probably start the side story tomorrow lol.

31. Raji: An Ancient Epic (Xbox Series) [7/10]

This type of isometric indie action game is one of my least favorite genres of games, but Raji kept me until the end thanks to the refreshing visuals and aesthetic. The ending segment was horrible, but I'm hoping the devs get a shot at a sequel with a bigger budget-- preferably one that drops the isometric view. Probably will never play again, but I took lots of screenshots šŸ˜Ž

30. iCarly (Wii) [7/10]

Not the biggest iCarly fan, but if I was I would love this game. Tons of stuff to do if you want, but doesn't overstay its welcome if you don't. Closer to a WarioWare game than anything else.
I too have no love for iCarly and for some reason played through the entirety of the GBA game a few years ago, it was certifiably not the worst game I played that year

5.- Luminous Avenger IX 2
I was waiting for this since last year and it didn't dissapoint me. Inticreates still knows how to make a good sidescroller game and I could feel this one had more budget than the previous ones (Incluiding english VA finally!). I've seen it's divisive regarding Coppen moveset change, but they clearly planned for this in how the stages and enemies were designed. The only thing I didn't like it's that the true ending is hidden behind hard mode which is really goddamn hard, I still can't beat the intro mission. Funny thing a lot of people mention is shorter than the last ones but looking at completition stats online IX 2 is one of the longer games to beat normally (around 4-5 hours, without all the emblems)

2022 Completed Games
1. Atelier Sophie
2. Dragon Quest 2
3. Castlevania
4. Cogen
I love Gunvolt 1&2 but I haven't tried Luminous Avenger yet, would you recommend the 2 games? My favorite thing in Gunvolt was going for S+ runs.

I love Gunvolt 1&2 but I haven't tried Luminous Avenger yet, would you recommend the 2 games? My favorite thing in Gunvolt was going for S+ runs.
Totally. IMO the IX games are a better experience as they had more budget and time to plan for them and its reflected on the quality of the levels. Since you already played Gunvolt 2 you know Coppen moveset allow for some crazy stage plays where you can clear them without touching the ground so getting S+ / X rank is super satisfying here (though the air play mostly applies for IX 1, as mentioned IX 2 changed the bullits).

So far i have beat 4 games this year.

Deathloop: i wanted to love it but it was just okay. The writing was great. Level design was fun. But repetition was boring, enemy variety wasn't great nor was the weapons. Plus it needed more environments.

Age of calamity: i had fun with it the story was kinda whatever I'd say especially the DLC but did like 90% of everything in 62 hours and had more fun than most other musou games.

TLOU part 2: i loved the world and game design plus how they made the instakill clickers less annoying than the first. My only gameplay complaint was the bosses they are either just okay or not fun. Story wise the ending makes me angry and i think thats the point.

Tales of Arise: my favorite in the series now. I loved it alot and i don't get the part 2 complaints their weren't many more cutscenes skits than part 1 and i liked the twist it was almost Star ocean like.

Finished a couple of games over the weekend
Dantes inferno - enjoyed it but not a fan of the cheap deaths
Halo infinite - really liked this campaign
Pokemon Sword - forced myself to finish it before I start Arceus

5. Dungeon Encounters

An excellent distillation of the JRPG. Minimalist presentation, simple but deep mechanics, and a really compelling central premise. One of my favourite 2021 games (even though I played all of it in 2022) and one of the best Out Of NoWhere games I've played on Switch.

Back
Top Bottom