• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Sales Data Tales of Arise #4 in Sept. NPD, sets new launch month dollar sales record for Tales franchise

Tales did well, which I think is great. Really like the game. I do think some of the record breaking nature of its performance so far comes from it frontloading all the sales the series usually gets into one global and multiplatform launch, so I really hope it maintains some legs in the coming months. It deserves success more than most other games in the series IMO.

Great news for Tales and Warioware. I still need to play Arise lol. I got very preoccupied with Deathloop, but I have it installed and ready to go. Both my siblings have already beaten it.

Tales did well, which I think is great. Really like the game. I do think some of the record breaking nature of its performance so far comes from it frontloading all the sales the series usually gets into one global and multiplatform launch, so I really hope it maintains some legs in the coming months. It deserves success more than most other games in the series IMO.
legs are probably gonna be good with sales and good word of mouth.

unfortunately, I'm not at my desktop, otherwise I'd post the "UE4 saves japan" meme

It's also nice that it got both good sales on Sony (#5) and Xbox (#6), which is really fantastic news for other big JRPG franchises on Xbox.

Great news for Tales and Warioware. I still need to play Arise lol. I got very preoccupied with Deathloop, but I have it installed and ready to go. Both my siblings have already beaten it.
Is it great for Wario Ware? Smooth Moves entered at #4 back in Jan 2007. Sure, these numbers don't include digital and Jan 2007 was a more quiet month but I'm not sure if it is great or just good.

But Tales on #4 is great

It's also nice that it got both good sales on Sony (#5) and Xbox (#6), which is really fantastic news for other big JRPG franchises on Xbox.
Yeah I think Namcoā€™s consistent efforts at building an audience for their JRPGs on Xbox have paid off here.

I'm still a little trepidatious about Tales of Arise. I've gone from relative disinterest in JRPGs most of my gaming life to absolutely loving them over the past couple years, so Arise should be toward the top of my list... but I keep reading bad things about the last third of the game and how the quality tanks. It's really making me question whether or not it's worth the time investment if the latter parts are so much worse than what precedes it.

Is this the first time a """major""" Switch game hasn't debuted in at least the top 10? I can't remember another time it has happened but then again I haven't been following religiously.

Glad Tales is doing well, great game. I hope the sales warrant the budget this game was given, I want more games on this level from this series.

Glad to see Arise doing fantastic. It was about time they gave the series more budget.

Interesting thing about Deathloop is that digital sales were included, so that's a change for Bethesda. (From reading the NPD thread replies at InstallBase)

Back
Top Bottom