• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Taco Bell is adding wings (the bad bone-in kind) to their menu again on January 26th 2023

Bad in bone kind = 😟

Dark meat> White meat. Also skin for the win.

Taco-Bell-Brings-Back-Crispy-Chicken-Wings-678x381.jpg

yes, another round of this.
coming January 26th. just in time for the Super Bowl.

once again, it must be repeated that Taco Bell has added perfectly good boneless chicken to the menu before. so why go back to the terrible kind?
I tried these last time and they, like, actually kinda slapped.

Bad value tho

That seems to be the trend these days with fast food in general. I've been eating less fast food for a while because it's not much cheaper than going to an actual restaurant.
For me, zero point going fast food when fast casual is right there. Wawa quickcheck and even 7 11 have replaced them in the "cheap lunch" category. No joke, I live in a high col area and the local place that lets me put thousand island and jalapenos on a burger or whatever, costs exactly the same as Micky D's or burger King. $8. And they deliver!!

That seems to be the trend these days with fast food in general. I've been eating less fast food for a while because it's not much cheaper than going to an actual restaurant.
The premium stuff, yeah, but value menus are generally still a good deal compared to other places. I can get two $2 burritos and a $1 potato taco from Taco Bell and be satisfied (bonus points if it's happier hour and I can get a $1 drink). Wendy's 4 for 4 isn't quite as filling but it works. Burger King's mobile deals are generally solid.

That said, I've kinda taken to the Costco hot dog lol. It feels like it's free in this economy.

Bone-in wings were the first reason I became a vegetarian. A truly visceral experience...

In other taco bell news, my partner keeps accidentally ordering nacho fries and being disappointed when she's told they're discontinued. They should remove them from the menu then!

The Taco Bell near me has been closed for renovations for like two months, otherwise I would have given these a try by now.

Taco Bell Canada has never had these, which is bullshit. Let me try your wings, dog!

Is it true Taco Bell in the US doesn’t have Fries Supreme?

I'm bumping this thread because Taco Bell is back on some shit, and I'm gonna be living más real soon. These sound good.

Taco Bell’s latest limited-time menu item not only adds a literal new layer to its taco offerings, it also features the debut of a newly crafted shredded beef recipe. Crafted for the last two years by Taco Bell chefs, the shredded beef debuts Thursday when Taco Bell’s Grilled Cheese Dipping Taco hits menu nationwide.

The shredded beef is slow-braised in a blend of spices and stuffed into a fried white corn tortilla with a creamy jalapeno sauce, along with a three-cheese blend inside with more cheese grilled on the outside. The grilled cheese taco also comes with warm nacho cheese sauce and red sauce for dipping.

NNNS5QKVQZAJ5BR2WIOX4O4EHE.jpg

Wanted to get the dipping tacos last night but they weren't in the app, showed up now though. At some point in the next 24 hours I'll report back on how they are.

I've been dipping my tacos in nacho cheese sauce for 20+ years, where my royalties at TB?!

I have now purchased 2 of the new Grilled Cheese Dipping Tacos and consumed them.
20230804_192244.jpg

So, t's a pretty messy and kinda gross looking little thing. This was the better looking of the two, and it comes double wrapped like the Grilled Cheese Burrito. You will pick it up with your hands immediately becoming drenched in grease. This is all fine, you're at Taco Bell it is what it is but don't expect to eat this in the car or anything. It's a good thing it tastes a lot better than it looks. It comes with their red sauce and nacho cheese sauce to dip in, and it is very functional for that purpose too so hey cool I guess. The new shredded beef is actually pretty darn good, and the whole texture of this thing when you are dipping and crunching down into there is superb. The sauces work well with it and they are very generous with the cheese. As far as taste goes, it's one of the best limited items they've had in a long time. Just overall a great experience and the kind of novelty I really want from a Taco Bell limited item.

The only downside is these things are $3.69 and gross as hell. It's too expensive and heavy for how little food you're gonna get, so I can't keep it on rotation for the entire time it's going to be here. That price is a real bummer, if these were a bit cheaper I'd be saying Taco Bell is fucking back, but it's the main thing stopping me on this one. 8/10, I'll probably get a couple more times during the promotional period. Would highly recommend trying out if the price doesn't bother you.

Edit: I should mention you can mitigate the price with the cravings box as usual, but it only comes with one of these and 2 other items for $10, which is fine but I generally don't want that size box.

Last edited:
I have now purchased 2 of the new Grilled Cheese Dipping Tacos and consumed them.
20230804_192244.jpg

So, t's a pretty messy and kinda gross looking little thing. This was the better looking of the two, and it comes double wrapped like the Grilled Cheese Burrito. You will pick it up with your hands immediately becoming drenched in grease. This is all fine, you're at Taco Bell it is what it is but don't expect to eat this in the car or anything. It's a good thing it tastes a lot better than it looks. It comes with their red sauce and nacho cheese sauce to dip in, and it is very functional for that purpose too so hey cool I guess. The new shredded beef is actually pretty darn good, and the whole texture of this thing when you are dipping and crunching down into there is superb. The sauces work well with it and they are very generous with the cheese. As far as taste goes, it's one of the best limited items they've had in a long time. Just overall a great experience and the kind of novelty I really want from a Taco Bell limited item.

The only downside is these things are $3.69 and gross as hell. It's too expensive and heavy for how little food you're gonna get, so I can't keep it on rotation for the entire time it's going to be here. That price is a real bummer, if these were a bit cheaper I'd be saying Taco Bell is fucking back, but it's the main thing stopping me on this one. 8/10, I'll probably get a couple more times during the promotional period. Would highly recommend trying out if the price doesn't bother you.

Edit: I should mention you can mitigate the price with the cravings box as usual, but it only comes with one of these and 2 other items for $10, which is fine but I generally don't want that size box.
Thank you for your service o7

This looks and sounds amazing, but... have you tried the grilled cheese burrito they've had for a while? It is uh... not great
I've had a couple of those! They're not my favorite, but still pretty good. I fucked up last time and got double sour cream and double chips in it ('cuz it was pretty much my only meal that day). Big mistake. That turned it into a cream and chip burrito. 🤢
20230804_192244.jpg

Fantastic review, and I love how you've included your own non-marketing pic of the actual item too. Helps to get an idea of what the rest of us can expect. Ranni seems to want a bite.

You've motivated me to go grab one or two of these for dinner tomorrow. Def gonna eat at the restaurant and wash my hands before I leave with how you're describing the mess, lol. How does the red sauce taste? Is it comparable to anything, or hard to describe?

I live within 3 minutes of a Taco Bell and am probably going to go try them now.

Fantastic review, and I love how you've included your own non-marketing pic of the actual item too. Helps to get an idea of what the rest of us can expect. Ranni seems to want a bite.

You've motivated me to go grab one or two of these for dinner tomorrow. Def gonna eat at the restaurant and wash my hands before I leave with how you're describing the mess, lol. How does the red sauce taste? Is it comparable to anything, or hard to describe?
Ranni always trying to steal a bite. It's the same red sauce that's in the bean burrito and enchilada items. You get a lot of nacho cheese and red sauce, so you're gonna wanna drench this thing and double dip to get the most out of it.

Ranni always trying to steal a bite. It's the same red sauce that's in the bean burrito and enchilada items. You get a lot of nacho cheese and red sauce, so you're gonna wanna drench this thing and double dip to get the most out of it.
Hell yeah, that sounds amazing. This is starting to feel like an event. I'll probably report back with my own impressions tomorrow.

Welp.

I got the box, but oddly it only comes with one of these, despite giving you two very full sauce cups. But lo, I am further the fool, because I added a cup of lava sauce to the ordeal, at the surcharge of a full dollar, only to receive 1/5th of a full cup. Even the burrito had a tear in it.

All in all, not an ideal purchase for $11+. Tasted alright at least.

While the cheese on mine was black, it still tasted good and cheesy. They really should put the cheese on the inside I have no idea what benefit making the outside stick does. The red sauce tastes fine, but it's always been about the nacho sauce for me. The shredded beef has a nice flavor to it.

The title of this thread still makes me so angry
Back when I first read this thread, I was living for the "you're wasting money on the bones when you buy bone-in wings" argument, since I'd never heard that before. It was enlightening, on some level. I dunno if it's the "proper" way to frame the bone-in vs. boneless debate, but it's very interesting nonetheless, so cheers @Krvavi Abadas. Maybe this should just become the Taco Bell ST...

We should probably just leave the iconic existing title alone. It's ultimately up to Krvavi, though.

Taco Bell |ST| The Bad Bone-in Kind
Okay belay my last, if that were the title I'd be cool with it 🤣

I actually had considered making a general Fast Food ST a while back for stuff like this, but wasn't sure if it would get any use.

I actually had considered making a general Fast Food ST a while back for stuff like this, but wasn't sure if it would get any use.
... have you seen how much we sometimes talk about Subway, or which burger is the best fast food burger, or argue about fries?

What are “boneless wings”?
Is this some American processed fast food thing or something?
They're basically bougie chicken nuggets / tenders. Simply a bigger / saucier version. I get boneless whenever I go to Buffalo Wild Wings. I usually don't wanna get my hands dirty or mess with bones, even though I do still like bone-in roughly as much.

They're basically bougie chicken nuggets / tenders. Simply a bigger / saucier version. I get boneless whenever I go to Buffalo Wild Wings. I usually don't wanna get my hands dirty or mess with bones, even though I do still like bone-in roughly as much.
Bougie chicken tenders. Yes. 🤣

Taco Bell should expand its Craving Deals boxes. They're the tastiest junkie food out there right now imo, not only that but they often offer the best value.

Thanks, now I get it, they're chicken nuggets in a different shape with a confusing name :)
I mean.. they are a step above nuggets in a way. Chicken nuggets (in terms of American fast food at least) are often ground meat pressed into little patties, but boneless wings are still wholeass chicken meat. Not ground up and mushed into shape, just cut down into the relative shape/size of a wing.

Which sounds terrible to say, but still not as terrible as how nuggets are made. 😅

I mean.. they are a step above nuggets in a way. Chicken nuggets (in terms of American fast food at least) are often ground meat pressed into little patties, but boneless wings are still wholeass chicken meat. Not ground up and mushed into shape, just cut down into the relative shape/size of a wing.

Which sounds terrible to say, but still not as terrible as how nuggets are made. 😅
ok, now I get you.
Actual chicken breast meat, definitely better than beak'n'eyeball nuggets :)

I was terribly confused as a non-US member until I read this post, thanks :D

I actually had no idea boneless wings were more of a yank thing. I surely thought you blokes had them across the pond too! They're super generic, just chunks of chicken covered in sauce. Tough to mess up, I'd say.
I didn’t get how that isn’t just a chicken nugget until Chocolate Supra explained that a nugget isn’t exactly chicken breast. It’s like when Chicken Tenders came out- At first I was just ‘isn’t that just a longer nugget’ :D

But yeah to my thinking a wing had bones in it by definition, so a ‘bad wing’ being one with bones in was very confusing.

I didn’t get how that isn’t just a chicken nugget until Chocolate Supra explained that a nugget isn’t exactly chicken breast. It’s like when Chicken Tenders came out- At first I was just ‘isn’t that just a longer nugget’ :D

But yeah to my thinking a wing had bones in it by definition.
Longer nuggets rule. I feel like a good 'ol crispy chicken tender is nigh unbeatable when you're craving them! I kinda want some now. Too bad it's like 5 AM here.

Longer nuggets rule. I feel like a good 'ol crispy chicken tender is nigh unbeatable when you're craving them! I kinda want some now. Too bad it's like 5 AM here.
I quite like the ‘trilogy’ meal KFC does here, where it’s a zinger burger, popcorn chicken and a chicken tender, plus fries and a side. That usually feeds both my kid and me! I don’t want to know what bits of chicken go into ‘popcorn chicken’ though…

I really want to try the new taco, maybe I'll get one for lunch today. Still wish they'd bring back the double decker taco though.

As for bone-in vs boneless, I have a real aversion to bone-in chicken of any kind. Not because of "value" or anything like that; rather, my boyfriend got a chicken bone stuck in his throat once and ever since I've been very paranoid about bone-in chicken. I'll still eat it if it's served to me but I generally prefer boneless.

beak'n'eyeball nuggets :)
UoBooj7.gif

I quite like the ‘trilogy’ meal KFC does here, where it’s a zinger burger, popcorn chicken and a chicken tender, plus fries and a side. That usually feeds both my kid and me! I don’t want to know what bits of chicken go into ‘popcorn chicken’ though…
I just had to google what a zinger burger is. That is not on American KFC menus. 😮

Back
Top Bottom